Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

I have being trawling through forums all day and still cant find a answer, A lot of my channels are not showing EPG, Do i need to download an updated version of satellites.xml and then just flash it to my box, I have an Amiko Alien 2 running fresh pots hyperion 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

I have being trawling through forums all day and still cant find a answer, A lot of my channels are not showing EPG, Do i need to download an updated version of satellites.xml and then just flash it to my box, I have an Amiko Alien 2 running fresh pots hyperion 4.5

See my recent posts re BT / YouView channels. There may be a change of tp or a return of epg on September 1st.

rb25 wrote: »
    In Enigma how do I format the hard disk I have connected? In BluePanel I can see the various options for hard disks but I don't see a way to format.

Plug in to a PC and format. If you want ext3 then install EaseUs partition manager on the pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

I a using Open ATV 5.1 with auto bouquets 2.0 plugin installed. I have it set to 28.2 sat and Rep of Irl for Sky bouquets. When I install, however, I am not getting the bouquets. I am still left with the origingal one's that come as standard in German, e.g. Mein Sky, etc.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue and pull the Sky Ireland bouquets?

Thanks

L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

I a using Open ATV 5.1 with auto bouquets 2.0 plugin installed. I have it set to 28.2 sat and Rep of Irl for Sky bouquets. When I install, however, I am not getting the bouquets. I am still left with the origingal one's that come as standard in German, e.g. Mein Sky, etc.

Thanks

L

You will probably need to use an older build of Autobouquets and manually install it.
    There is something wrong with the versions from 2015 ,they don't seem to work on the Alien 1 or 2 ,they just hang .
    I've spoken to the developer Lraizer about it ,hopefully he will remedy it in the next build.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Cheers for that. Two questions.

Where do I find older builds of plug in?

What folder does the plugin go in?

L

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Cheers for that. Two questions.

Where do I find older builds of plug in?

What folder does the plugin go in?

L

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=18085

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=24097

FTP .ipk file to /tmp and then manually install through box and 'Install Local Extensions' or you can telnet command to install once it is FTPd

Hi

Thanks

L
    After you start autob, but before you run it, press 'menu' and look at the configuration. Is "Make Default Bouquets" set to "Yes". This should create a full set of numbered bouquets for UK/ROI which will appear in your favourites list over all the existing bouquets you already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

Zardoz wrote: »
    You will probably need to use an older build of Autobouquets and manually install it.
    There is something wrong with the versions from 2015 ,they don't seem to work on the Alien 1 or 2 ,they just hang .
    I've spoken to the developer Lraizer about it ,hopefully he will remedy it in the next build.

Hi Zardoz,

Would this problem prevent the Autobouquets from sorting the bouquets as per the SKY epg?

I have manually ran the autobouquets and but the channels don't appear as I think they should.

For Example: Entertainment
    BBC One NI
    BBC Two NI
    UTV
    Channel 4
    GOLD
    BBC Three
    BBC Four
    London Live
    Sky Living +1
    ComedyCent+1
    ComedyXtra
    Sky2
    Sky1 +1

I can sort them using DreamboxEdit if there is no alternative but I would just like to know first.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hi,

I get green screen when I try access plugins or when I try access networks settings through setup!! Any ideas?

Running enigma 2 tech guy version. Do I need to ftp to box and remove or add something??

THanks in advance
    BobbyT28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Hi Zardoz,

Would this problem prevent the Autobouquets from sorting the bouquets as per the SKY epg?

I have manually ran the autobouquets and but the channels don't appear as I think they should.

BBC One NI
    BBC Two NI
    UTV
    Channel 4
    GOLD
    BBC Three
    BBC Four
    London Live
    Sky Living +1
    ComedyCent+1
    ComedyXtra
    Sky2
    Sky1 +1

I can sort them using DreamboxEdit if there is no alternative but I would just like to know first.

Thanks

This is only apparent in Hyperion 4.5 in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi,

I get green screen when I try access plugins or when I try access networks settings through setup!! Any ideas?

Running enigma 2 tech guy version. Do I need to ftp to box and remove or add something??

THanks in advance
    BobbyT28

This only happened to me when there was a problem with my network connection.....

Imstuck wrote: »
    This is only apparent in Hyperion 4.5 in my experience.

Should I go back to an earlier image in that case? Or should I just sort them using something like dreamboxedit?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jamesbhoy

Been using Champs Open ATV for months and flashed Hyperion 4.5 (Zardoz) for a change. Have everything going apart from recording. I've samsung 1tb HDD formated to FAT 32. Will this work on this image. Don't want to reformat to EXT 3 as i've a load of stuff on HDD and don't want to lose it. Crosspeg is downloading but can't record. HDD is detected but when I go to info it's only showing 1mb free from 1tb.

Also, how are people finding the new Open ATV 5.1-worth a try??

jamesbhoy wrote: »
    Been using Champs Open ATV for months and flashed Hyperion 4.5 (Zardoz) for a change. Have everything going apart from recording. I've samsung 1tb HDD formated to FAT 32. Will this work on this image. Don't want to reformat to EXT 3 as i've a load of stuff on HDD and don't want to lose it. Crosspeg is downloading but can't record. HDD is detected but when I go to info it's only showing 1mb free from 1tb.

Also, how are people finding the new Open ATV 5.1-worth a try??

You must assign the disk partition containing the 1TB partition to HDD. Go to blue panel and disk partition manager. You probably have two partitions, one of 1 MB, and one of the rest of the TB. Partition names are something like sda1 and sda0 or sda5. The large partition must be assigned to the label HDD. From then any reference to HDD will go to the 1 TB disc. Also check recording paths, make sure recording is pointed to Hdd/ movies. Directory should be there from previous use. If you want ext3, use EaseUs disk manager on a PC to backup, reformat to ext3 and restore files. You could also just backup and restore later by ftp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

jamesbhoy wrote:

You'll be back to Champs image !! These Hyperion lovers don't know what they are missing :)

deezell wrote: »
    After you start autob, but before you run it, press 'menu' and look at the configuration. Is "Make Default Bouquets" set to "Yes". This should create a full set of numbered bouquets for UK/ROI which will appear in your favourites list over all the existing bouquets you already have.

Hi deezell,

Have you ever seen the issue below with AutoBouquets sorting the channels like they are listed below?

BBC One NI
    BBC Two NI
    UTV
    Channel 4
    GOLD
    BBC Three
    BBC Four
    London Live
    Sky Living +1
    ComedyCent+1
    ComedyXtra
    Sky2
    Sky1 +1

championc wrote: »
    You'll be back to Champs image !! These Hyperion lovers don't know what they are missing :)

Which of your images is best suited for a SAB Triple Tuner?

Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Can anybody give me the link for FreshPots smaller sized file for Hyperion V4.5, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

Anybody using the DNLA server under Hyperion 4.5? I can connect fine to the receiver and play a recording however any new recordings or deleted recordings are not getting refreshed in the list of available videos.

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    You must assign the disk partition containing the 1TB partition to HDD. Go to blue panel and disk partition manager. You probably have two partitions, one of 1 MB, and one of the rest of the TB. Partition names are something like sda1 and sda0 or sda5. The large partition must be assigned to the label HDD. From then any reference to HDD will go to the 1 TB disc. Also check recording paths, make sure recording is pointed to Hdd/ movies. Directory should be there from previous use. If you want ext3, use EaseUs disk manager on a PC to backup, reformat to ext3 and restore files. You could also just backup and restore later by ftp.

Cheers got it sorted. Did what you said and all seems good and managed to keep HDD Fat 32.

championc wrote: »

Champs your image served me well, ran daily with no problems at all. Recently when recording, the programme would record for an hour or so then time out. A reflash of your image would prob solve it but just going to try Hyperion for day or so to see how I get on. Thanks, again! I would be lost without this thread. Spent hours last night trawling through posts trying to sort HDD recording. Should've just posted and would've saved me hassle. Cheers deezell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Cheers got it sorted. Did what you said and all seems good and managed to keep HDD Fat 32.

Just remember using fat32 means larger recordings will be broken into separate pieces because of the 4GB limit. Generally not a problem until you try to copy/backup to another device

Just remember using fat32 means larger recordings will be broken into separate pieces because of the 4GB limit. Generally not a problem until you try to copy/backup to another device

So that must be why previously my recordings were split into two files. Need to keep HDD fat32 as use it with laptop as well. I was holding off getting another HDD but suppose it might be an idea. Keep waiting for my HDD to brick it-amiko puts it through it paces!! Quick question-should I set HDD to go into standby after few minutes??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Imstuck wrote: »
    This only happened to me when there was a problem with my network connection.....

I've had no issues with my network. AA2 has been working flawlessly for the last 2 months. But since I add my new 1TB HDD 6 weeks ago or so. I am unable to access plugins or network settings without getting a green screen!!

Maybe something to do with plugins pointing to wrong partition or something maybe???

Thanks for the reply,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

So that must be why previously my recordings were split into two files. Need to keep HDD fat32 as use it with laptop as well. I was holding off getting another HDD but suppose it might be an idea. Keep waiting for my HDD to brick it-amiko puts it through it paces!! Quick question-should I set HDD to go into standby after few minutes??

1 hour of HD is roughly 4Gb which is the largest file fat32 can handle after that the box subdivides it. A long movie could easily exceed 10GB. You could convert the drive to NTFS which the laptop will also use. Use something like partition magic if you are not comfortable with the command prompt.

Hi Zardoz,

BBC One NI
    BBC Two NI
    UTV
    Channel 4
    GOLD
    BBC Three
    BBC Four
    London Live
    Sky Living +1
    ComedyCent+1
    ComedyXtra
    Sky2
    Sky1 +1

Thanks

Is that not the order for the Northern Ireland epg ?
    The later Autobouquet builds from 2014 have an issue if you choose Republic of Ireland as the region ,which hasnt been remedied yet by the plugin creator.
    You could try editing the supplement.txt file to see if you can get a better channel order.

Is that not the order for the Northern Ireland epg ?
    The later Autobouquet builds from 2014 have an issue if you choose Republic of Ireland as the region ,which hasnt been remedied yet by the plugin creator.
    You could try editing the supplement.txt file to see if you can get a better channel order.

Hey there,

I have tried NI SD and HD and London HD and SD and they come up looking like that.

Which region would you recommend to get a better channel order?

I will look at the supplement.txt file now too.

Thanks

Hey there,

I have tried NI SD and HD and London HD and SD and they come up looking like that.

Which region would you recommend to get a better channel order?

I will look at the supplement.txt file now too.

Thanks

What custom swap have you selected ,3 is the default.
    I think Custom Swap 1 arranges the +1 channels after the parent channel.

I used to use London SD .

What custom swap have you selected ,3 is the default.
    I think Custom Swap 1 arranges the +1 channels after the parent channel.

I used to use London SD .

That could be my problem. I didn't use a custom swap. Just used the default settings.

I will give that a shot when I am home.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

is there a new version of open ar-p out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement