Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

That could be my problem. I didn't use a custom swap. Just used the default settings.

I will give that a shot when I am home.

Thanks

Hi again,

Sort 3 fixed the problem.

It saved me a lot of work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Lots of missing epgs restored with a rescan with an up to date satellites.xml file from here. http://satellites-xml.eu
    Use DCC or dreambox edit to replace the old version, then do a full 28.2 scan. Use Webif bouquet editor or Dreambox edit again to put the new channel versions into your bouquets and then check the epg. Full epg back on all the CBS, Horror, Syfy, More>movies and other channels which had lost epg. Edit: run crossepg after thus to ensure epgs are populated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

For anyone using Rats picons ,please note that Rat has changed his picons from Service Referenced Picons to Service Named Picons.

Picons will now be displayed based on the channel name .
    This will mean the picon makers can now concentrate on making picons and not bother about keeping up with service reference changes.

What does this mean ?

Well for one thing the Picons will no longer be displayed in Cool Tv guide as this doesn't support them.
    Secondly older images pre Nov 2014 will need to replace the picon renderer file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/ to display the picons.
    I have attached the new picon renderer file.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

BobbyT28 wrote:
    I've had no issues with my network. AA2 has been working flawlessly for the last 2 months. But since I add my new 1TB HDD 6 weeks ago or so. I am unable to access plugins or network settings without getting a green screen!!

BobbyT28 wrote:
    Maybe something to do with plugins pointing to wrong partition or something maybe???

Disconnect the HDD and verify if it is indeed the culprit. I can't see why it would be

championc wrote: »
    Disconnect the HDD and verify if it is indeed the culprit. I can't see why it would be

Whenever you connect a new Hd, you should mount or assign the main partition to 'hdd'. Also check your Hdd paths in settings, make sure the directories in these paths exist on the disk, e.g., Hdd/movies fir recording.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    For anyone using Rats picons ,please note that Rat has changed his picons from Service Referenced Picons to Service Named Picons.

Picons will now be displayed based on the channel name .
    This will mean the picon makers can now concentrate on making picons and not bother about keeping up with service reference changes.

What does this mean ?

Well for one thing the Picons will no longer be displayed in Cool Tv guide as this doesn't support them.
    Secondly older images pre Nov 2014 will need to replace the picon renderer file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/ to display the picons.
    I have attached the new picon renderer file.

In my picon folder (usr/local/share/enigma2/picon) I've noticed that picons are a mix of .png image files, many of which have the full service reference, many more just have a simple file name such as '282E_1025.png', and these are referenced by links in the picon folder (symlinks), the files (Dir in the list) with the pointy finger. These link files are named by the service reference, and contain a pointer to the actual .png file. Heres clip of my picon directory showing all three types, attached below.

DCC-Picon list.jpg

In the past I've been able to replace missing picons simply by using DCC to move the full service reference named picons from the downloaded rats file, 'dwpicons' here at http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/rats/dwpicons.zip
    These have now been renamed by the actual channel names as Z pointed out, so Cool wont pick them up unless you create a 'Symlink' (the pointy hand) in the picon folder for each one, a painful process, or else rename them back to the service name, which looks something like this. 1_0_16_44F_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    If you're missing a picon and theres one in Rats list, you can rename it this way by fetching the service name from the .m3u streaming file link in WebIf. Slow and painful method unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

deezell wrote: »

In the past I've been able to replace missing picons simply by using DCC to move the full service reference named picons from the downloaded rats file, 'dwpicons' here at http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/rats/dwpicons.zip
    These have now been renamed by the actual channel names as Z pointed out, so Cool wont pick them up unless you create a 'Symlink' (the pointy hand) in the picon folder for each one, a painful process, or else rename them back to the service name, which looks something like this. 1_0_16_44F_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    If you're missing a picon and theres one in Rats list, you can rename it this way by fetching the service name from the .m3u streaming file link in WebIf. Slow and painful method unfortunately.

Rat actually contacted the author of Cooltv to see if he would edit Cooltv to display Service Named Picons but unfortunately he didnt get any reply .
    Support for Cooltv seems to have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

deezell wrote:
    Whenever you connect a new Hd, you should mount or assign the main partition to 'hdd'. Also check your Hdd paths in settings, make sure the directories in these paths exist on the disk, e.g., Hdd/movies fir recording.

If he didn't mount it correctly, then it should have no bearing on his system whatsoever, which was why i was suggesting disconnecting it, in order to eliminate it or prove it as the root cause

championc wrote: »
    If he didn't mount it correctly, then it should have no bearing on his system whatsoever, which was why i was suggesting disconnecting it, in order to eliminate it or prove it as the root cause
    I had this problem in my early days. Once I properly mounted the correct partition, it solved the problem. BobbyT28 put his finger on it earlier. Most likely hdd is assigned to flash or a 1 MB partition on the disk, no space for swapfile, or other activity which might be pointed to Hdd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

a painful process, or else rename them back to the service name, which looks something like this. 1_0_16_44F_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png

MENU>INFORMATION>SERVICE INFO will show you the channel ID. Usually if an entire TP moves only the ID element for all it's channels will change. In the above example change all file names containing _3E9_ to the new setting will fix all that TP's channels in one go. Still a PITA though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

If I install the latest version of spark does it feckup my enigma2 image? using a SAB triplex box

MENU>INFORMATION>SERVICE INFO will show you the channel ID. Usually if an entire TP moves only the ID element for all it's channels will change. In the above example change all file names containing _3E9_ to the new setting will fix all that TP's channels in one go. Still a PITA though.
    You're right Gerry, I'd forgotten that. I was thinking of a source where you could easily cut and paste rather than reading off a tv screen. If you use WebIf and click "Current", the service ref. is on the list. This can be cut and pasted as the rename of a picon filename. Handy if you want design your own or rename Rat's ones and drop them into the picon directory. The fifth field represents the transponder number then? Do you know what each field represents? Hard to find this info

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

updating spark shouldnt effect enigma

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Lads, can anyone give me step by step guide to setting my Eircom zyzel modem and OATV to allow me access Webif when away from my home network.

I've gone into all the settings on router and can't seem to figure it out. Appreciate a step by step for changes to router and to OATV if required.

Thanks.

Partymack wrote: »
    Lads, can anyone give me step by step guide to setting my Eircom zyzel modem and OATV to allow me access Webif when away from my home network.

I've gone into all the settings on router and can't seem to figure it out. Appreciate a step by step for changes to router and to OATV if required.

Thanks.
    Can you post the model no of the router. What you're looking for is port forwarding, sometimes referred to as Nat, network address translation, on some routers it's called game Sharing. You have to create an entry which forwards http traffic from outside, using your routers wan ip address, to the same port on your box ip address. Http is 80 by default, so you need your router external IP, and your box IP. You create an entry that forwards incoming traffic on port 80 to the box IP on port 80. If your router external Ip is not fixed, it will change each time the router is powered off. The next step would be to assign a domain name to your router, which can be automatically updated to the router ip if it changes. A service like No- ip.Com will do this.

Can you post the model no of the router. What you're looking for is port forwarding, sometimes referred to as Nat, network address translation, on some routers it's called game Sharing. You have to create an entry which forwards http traffic from outside, using your routers wan ip address, to the same port on your box ip address. Http is 80 by default, so you need your router external IP, and your box IP. You create an entry that forwards incoming traffic on port 80 to the box IP on port 80. If your router external Ip is not fixed, it will change each time the router is powered off. The next step would be to assign a domain name to your router, which can be automatically updated to the router ip if it changes. A service like No- ip.Com will do this.

Thanks Deezel,

Router is a Zyzel Model Number: P-660HW-T1

I can see NAT option but when i go in there it is looking for the server IP address, is thisy external router address or Ip of box?

Like I say a step by step would great.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Thanks Deezel,

I can see NAT option but when i go in there it is looking for the server IP address, is thisy external router address or Ip of box?

Thanks.

This is the local ip of the box you're trying to connect to. You'll need to give it a static ip outside the DHCP pool the router gives out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I had this problem in my early days. Once I properly mounted the correct partition, it solved the problem. BobbyT28 put his finger on it earlier. Most likely hdd is assigned to flash or a 1 MB partition on the disk, no space for swapfile, or other activity which might be pointed to Hdd.

Ok Here is what I am seeing.

All pictures attached with description

The rest of the pictures

Thanks Deezel,

Thanks.

Download this manual. http://www.manualslib.com/download/200422/Zyxel-Communications-660h-Series.html

Go to page 120
    Open the NAT screen
    Select SUA only, click EDIT
    On the config screen, add in the IP address of your box to line one, (forwards all Ports) or else, preferably to line 2 and set the start/end ports as 80 and 80. This will forward port 80, http, traffic to your box.
    You can try at this point to access your box webif using the router external IP from say a phone not connected to the local wireless, but using data.
    According to the NAT instructions you must also create a firewall rule to allow traffic from the WAN past the router to your box.
    Go to page 159 of the manual.
    In the firewall rule config, click active, select Forward, select All as IP source, enter box IP as destination, add http as service.
    Now try to reach the box using the router external IP.
    Your external IP probably is not a static IP, it will change if the router is powered off. If your ISP will fix it, you can use this, otherwise, you can get a free domain name from a dynamic DNS service, such as no-ip.com, then on page 126 follow the instructions to enter your ddns details so that the router notifies the ddns service of a change in external IP, and your chosen domain name is translated to the correct IP. Typical domain name would be Partymack.ddns.net.
    Finally, you need to fix the ip address of the box at its current setting by going into the box network settings, and turn dhcp off. The box will retain this ip on poweup, but the router will need to either reserve this ip for the box mac address, or else as mentioned earlier use an ip address outside of the range reserved for dhcp.

• Advertisement

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    The rest of the pictures

ChampionC asked if the problem dissappears if you unplug the new disk, and I pesume using the old. Assuming this is the case the disk is the problem. The Green screen mentions a bad magic number error, which I recall reading is associated with trying to read partitions which are not valid. Your disk appears to have three large Linux partitions. How did you format this disk? I suggest that you completely reformat as NTFS, see if that works. I had to restore my disk from ext4 (originally ext3 while in Spark) to NTFS, not easy as it simply doesn't show on pc disk manager, I had to use EaseUs partition manager to remove all the partitions, return the disk to an unallocated and unformatted state, then format as NTFS. Once I had a clean blank disk, my green screen ceased, but I still had to mount the main partition to get recordings and cross to work, as the disk had two partitions, a small header partition and the main TB of space. I've been meaning to give ext3 another go, but if it's not broke....

Download this manual. http://www.manualslib.com/download/200422/Zyxel-Communications-660h-Series.html

Go to page 120
    Open the NAT screen
    Select SUA only, click EDIT
    On the config screen, add in the IP address of your box to line one....

Cheers Deezel - couldn't ask for more than that!!

I'll get stuck into that this weekend

Thanks again.

Ok Here is what I am seeing.

All pictures attached with description

Any Ideas?

Any Ideas?

Just my previous reply, restore disk to a single blank unallocated space, the then create a single partition and reformat as NTFS. In blue panel Disk settings turn on automount. Insert disk, reboot, check if main partition is mounted as hdd. Check all record, crossepg settings are going to the disk. It has to be the new disk causing the green screen. If it all works, you can try the same with. an Ext2 or ext3 reformat.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Hi folks, have been running hyperion 4.5 for a long time.
    Great image so i havw not been monitoring this thread but it's gone a bit sluggish.

Any update to hyperion 4.5 released?
    Any better images worth trying out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

cork_south wrote: »
    Hi folks, have been running hyperion 4.5 for a long time.
    Great image so i havw not been monitoring this thread but it's gone a bit sluggish.

Any update to hyperion 4.5 released?
    Any better images worth trying out?

Hyperion 5.0.1 has been released for a couple of mips based boxes but from what I read on another forum that's the only type of box that will be getting it. It looks likely to be true as usually with a release they have a thread on the status of the image for each box. Thats nowhere to be seen this time.

I havent found a more stable image yet than Hyperion 4.5. Its likely a reflash would fix the sluggishness. I had the same problem after about a year and a reflash got it back to full speed again.

Just my previous reply, restore disk to a single blank unallocated space, the then create a single partition and reformat as NTFS. In blue panel Disk settings turn on automount. Insert disk, reboot, check if main partition is mounted as hdd. Check all record, crossepg settings are going to the disk. It has to be the new disk causing the green screen. If it all works, you can try the same with. an Ext2 or ext3 reformat.

Didn't work. Same green screen. Might just try a fresh install or maybe another image. Any links to the latest Hyperion Image?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Hyperion 5.0.1 has been released for a couple of mips based boxes but from what I read on another forum that's the only type of box that will be getting it. It looks likely to be true as usually with a release they have a thread on the status of the image for each box. Thats nowhere to be seen this time.

I havent found a more stable image yet than Hyperion 4.5. Its likely a reflash would fix the sluggishness. I had the same problem after about a year and a reflash got it back to full speed again.

Do I need to reflash with a totally fresh image or can I take a back up and use that?

Didn't work. Same green screen. Might just try a fresh install or maybe another image. Any links to the latest Hyperion Image?
    You didn't say if the problem went away if you reverted back to your old disk, or rebooted with no disk or just a USB stick, just to eliminate the new disk as the cause. Maybe boot to spark and try your new disk there. Do a thread search for Zardoz posts, he has links to a stable image, there's been no updates to this afaik. Still version 4.5

• Advertisement

You didn't say if the problem went away if you reverted back to your old disk, or rebooted with no disk or just a USB stick, just to eliminate the new disk as the cause. Maybe boot to spark and try your new disk there. Do a thread search for Zardoz posts, he has links to a stable image, there's been no updates to this afaik. Still version 4.5

Sorry Man when I posted I was abpout to F@%K the box out the window (So excuse my one line reply) :D

Ok, So reformated to NTFS, unplugged restarted Engima 2 . Setup automount and Sda1 partition. pugged in Still the same green screen when trying to access Plugins and Network.

So tried a fresh install of Hyperion . Funny thing is, everything works fine. Plugins are now accessiable but I still get green screen when trying to access Network settings. Might juts do a fresh install of freetv image that was working fine up until I changed Hard drives.

Thanks for the reply,
    BobbyT28

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement