Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Its ok, got it sorted. FTP'd into the box and deleted last installed skin in /usr/shared/enigma2

Thanks again
    BobbyT28

Was odd that you couldn't get into the skins setup. Can you access it now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Hi Lads having a problem with the EPG all of a sudden, when I try to 'download now' I get an error saying 'cannot find the NIM' any ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Imstuck wrote: »
    Hi Lads having a problem with the EPG all of a sudden, when I try to 'download now' I get an error saying 'cannot find the NIM' any ideas????
    Last time I saw that was because both satellite tuners were busy. Were you recording or streaming at the time? If not try a reboot to free the tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hey lads I just reflashed zardoz hyperion 4.5 as it was gettin a bit slow, epg wont download, it says NIM not found or something like that, problem sounds familiar, anybody help me out please?
    EDIT just saw the post above, maybe there is an issue with epg itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Thanks Gerry, will give it a whirl tomorrow.
    Many thanks for quick reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

deezell wrote: »
    Glad to hear its working again following PM conversation. A fresh satellites.xml and a rescan can solve a lot of issues. Some boxes will struggle if you have channels on the list with out of date information on them.
    hi deezel last night i figured out if i turn off my alien 2 in living room those channels i told u about in private will work in my alien 1 in kitchen but if i turn alien 2 on again the same channels start to lose signal on the alien 1.its so strange.how wud i go about fixing this

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Editing/joining and converting Mpeg 2 ts files

My subscription to one software is ending ,. what is the best free option out there , im on windows 10

Nowso wrote: »

My subscription to one software is ending ,. what is the best free option out there , im on windows 10

Xmedia Recode does just about every combination you could want.
    EDIT:
    Not sure about joining files.
    For TS editing and joining I use TSdoctor but it is not free. Trial version available

for joining id still end up having to get a premium - thats mainly what i use my current editor for now

and its handy to do both at the same time , which saves time

Epg working grand today, think Gerry was spot on as my box was recording when I tried to download it last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Format factory

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Nowso, What do you want to do exactly with your video? I have tried using Adobe Premier Elements 9 to edit out ad breaks from the start and end and during a movie recording (that's a .ts file) but it just never worked, the audio would always go out of sync on me. Wish this was possible.

Flex

Format factory is a bit awkward to use

i join a few clips together and convert them at a decent quality for uploading to youtube for my channel

this is one i done a few months ago www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6TcxqL5p8

i may renew my iskysoft video editor as im use to it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Lads I know this is the alien 2 threads but I've just upgraded to the edision optimuss Os3 and am having a problem with OATV.

There is a lot of lads with knowledge of OATV on here so wondered is it a settings issue or is the box wonky!

I've tried 2 versions of OATV (4.2 & 5.1) and after a few boots & reboots I lose the menus on screen. I can still see what menu I'm in from the front box display but nothing shows on screen.

Any ideas what this might be? Just wondered if it was a settings issue in OATV?

I've asked in optimuss thread but there is not a lot of activity in there. Appreciate any thoughts.

Cheers.

Partymack wrote: »
    Lads I know this is the alien 2 threads but I've just upgraded to the edision optimuss Os3 and am having a problem with OATV.

There is a lot of lads with knowledge of OATV on here so wondered is it a settings issue or is the box wonky!

I've tried 2 versions of OATV (4.2 & 5.1) and after a few boots & reboots I lose the menus on screen. I can still see what menu I'm in from the front box display but nothing shows on screen.

I've asked in optimuss thread but there is not a lot of activity in there. Appreciate any thoughts.

Cheers.

Try changing AV settings, helped set up one of these abroad with freetv image, perfect once tuning updated, only hiccup was an incident of overscan.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

Hi lads, this might sound a bit strange but has anyone got any issues when using the alien2 with Vodafone broadband at home? I was having issues with my box, I brought it to the shop where I bought it and he didn't know my isp provider but he said my box was perfect, he said if I'm with Vodafone bb their router glitches when it comes to the download of bouquets and epg, anyone else heard this before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pingitagain

alane20 wrote: »
    Hi lads, this might sound a bit strange but has anyone got any issues when using the alien2 with Vodafone broadband at home? I was having issues with my box, I brought it to the shop where I bought it and he didn't know my isp provider but he said my box was perfect, he said if I'm with Vodafone bb their router glitches when it comes to the download of bouquets and epg, anyone else heard this before
    I have had vodafone broadband for a couple of years Ive also got an alien 2 and a vu+ duo2 and have no problems downloading epg I think they are winding you up

Partymack wrote: »

Cheers.
    Read this, in German tho.
    http://www.opena.tv/edision-optimuss-os2-plus/11181-moeglicher-bug-osd-menue-verschwindet-nach-umschalten-ueber-hdmi.html
    Apparently a bug in OpenATV optimuss drivers, booting box while box HDMI not active, or switching HDMI in menu mode, menu is missing when box is selected. I assume you reboot and it works? Do you have HDMI CEC on, which kills the tv when you close the box? It'll be some combination of HDMI switching that causes it. Make sure tv is on and box HDMI selected before rebooting. Perhaps your tv switches HDMI input automatically when no signal is on the box HDMI input.

I have had vodafone broadband for a couple of years Ive also got an alien 2 and a vu+ duo2 and have no problems downloading epg I think they are winding you up

+1 on that. I also had an AA2 on Vodafone for well over a year without issues.

EDIT:
    BTW you don't need BB for the EPG it comes from the satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

Hi.

I did an automatic rescan the other night because some of the channels that were working had stopped working.

This fixed the broken channels but now a lot of the other channels that were listed in the bouquet are now greyed out.

Why is that?

• Advertisement

Vodafone broadband working fine and dandy for me with me Sab box for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

Thanks lads, I couldn't see why Vodafone would be the problem, in fairness sky bb or upc I could begin to see a bit of logic in that, as I never thought I could say the phrase " I've no problems with Vodafone " but I don't my bb is very good, of all the isp's he chose to say that one so I thought there might be something to it, think I need to re do the whole image myself, just need to learn how first, but that's half the fun of these, thanks for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

deezell wrote: »
    Read this, in German tho.
    http://www.opena.tv/edision-optimuss-os2-plus/11181-moeglicher-bug-osd-menue-verschwindet-nach-umschalten-ueber-hdmi.html
    Apparently a bug in OpenATV optimuss drivers, booting box while box HDMI not active, or switching HDMI in menu mode, menu is missing when box is selected. I assume you reboot and it works? Do you have HDMI CEC on, which kills the tv when you close the box? It'll be some combination of HDMI switching that causes it. Make sure tv is on and box HDMI selected before rebooting. Perhaps your tv switches HDMI input automatically when no signal is on the box HDMI input.

Hey Deezel,

That thread is exactly what my problem is.. even refers to sometimes picture jumping to 1/4 screen size, very annoying but happpens to me too!

Seems now tried and tested resolution yet.. which is a pain, not sure whethe to return or try and figure out the resolution.

Think mine may be due to another terestrial box I have plugged in on the RF loop through....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pingitagain

alane20 wrote: »
    Thanks lads, I couldn't see why Vodafone would be the problem, in fairness sky bb or upc I could begin to see a bit of logic in that, as I never thought I could say the phrase " I've no problems with Vodafone " but I don't my bb is very good, of all the isp's he chose to say that one so I thought there might be something to it, think I need to re do the whole image myself, just need to learn how first, but that's half the fun of these, thanks for replying
    Have you tried deleting the cross epg folder & the epg.dat file and then re downloading again

Also as pointed out the cross epg is not downloaded via the net but from the sat
    Disconnect your broadband and it will still download

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

rb25 wrote: »
    Hi.

I did an automatic rescan the other night because some of the channels that were working had stopped working.

This fixed the broken channels but now a lot of the other channels that were listed in the bouquet are now greyed out.

Why is that?

You will need to replace those ones with your recently scanned versions of the channels. You can do this by adding the channels to the bouquet on the box using your remote( press the OK button, to show your list of channels in your bouquet, navigate to your greyed out channel and press the red button , which will show the full list of tuned channels. Navigate to the channel you want , and press the menu button . select add to bouquet. Add it to your desired bouquet. Then in that bouquet, press menu and enable move to arrange as needed) , or using dreambox edit ( down load to your PC, set up to ftp to your box and use to arrange. You can also back up your channel setup, which is handy if you reflash) or through the web interface (log into your box through a web browser, to open the webif interface, and use the bouquet editor there). Plenty of posts about such things on this thread.
    If you have a lot of changes to make, then probably best using dreambox edit. If there are a few , and you have handy access to tablet/phone (with decent size screen), the web interface is handy. If its only a small number, then using the remote is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Anyone manage to get a USB wifi dongle working in Hv4.5?

I have it plugged in at front.
    I can see my wifi network but when I put in the wifi password I never get an IP.
    I have home plugs but just want to see if I can get this working.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

cork_south wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get a USB wifi dongle working in Hv4.5?

I have it plugged in at front.
    I can see my wifi network but when I put in the wifi password I never get an IP.
    I have home plugs but just want to see if I can get this working.

I'm on the hyperion build and I got a USB wifi dongle from a Raspberry Pi working but it took me almost a day of scanning and rescanning and rebooting the box, etc. If you have the home plugs and convenient socket nearby you will save yourself a lot of stress by going the home plug route.

wifi dongles works well on the vix 4 image

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I updated my Hyperion 4.5 backup this week to bring it more up to date .

Firmware was updated from SVN 3087 to 3129 via blue panel

Added
    Rats Channel Updater
    Rats Picon Updater

Updated satellites.xml file
    Updated channel list and picons
    Switched fron Service Referenced Picons to Service Named Picons and updated the picon renderer file to display Service Named Picons
    Updated Mediaportal

I also switched the video.elf file to that of HDMU so as to improve the picture quality.
    I always thought HDMU had a better picture than Hyperion but now you can have the best of both worlds,the picture quality of HDMU and the stability of Hyperion.

Plus a few other small tweaks.

The link is the same as before and this time I have included a repacked image backup (thanks to Joeuser) which is only 70MB in size.
    This should be easier to flash for people who previously had difficulties flashing the 120MB files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04regcsaut/AAD_I351j_yPbIlSkcvtQICQa?dl=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Hello,

I'm trying to setup PKT 4.5 from scratch. Flashed the image to the AA2. When I start OpenWebIf however the Bouquets don't appear on the main screen. See attached pic. If I use he remote control I can browse them and I can see them, about 40 different ones, in DreamBoxEdit also but in OpenWebIf the start screen is blank where the bouquets should be listed out.

In the attached pic the "Providers" radio button is selected but I also just get a blank screen if the "Bouquets" radio button is selected.

Anyone know how you make them appear?

Flex

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement