Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Hello,

I'm trying to setup PKT 4.5 from scratch. Flashed the image to the AA2. When I start OpenWebIf however the Bouquets don't appear on the main screen. See attached pic. If I use he remote control I can browse them and I can see them, about 40 different ones, in DreamBoxEdit also but in OpenWebIf the start screen is blank where the bouquets should be listed out.

In the attached pic the "Providers" radio button is selected but I also just get a blank screen if the "Bouquets" radio button is selected.

Anyone know how you make them appear?

Flex

What happens when you press television on the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

If I click on 'Television' or 'Radio' on the left OpenWebIf menu the Radio Buttons at the top switch but the screen below stays white. If it was working of course those radio buttons would actually be clickable menu items and the bouquets would display underneath, clicking on them would expand them to reveal the channels in them. If I click on "TV Multi EPG" it loads Bouquets up in a new browser window.`If I click on "BouquetEditor" I get the below screenshot.

So for some reason OpenWebIf is not displaying the Bouquets even though they are there. My harddisk is mounted that I had working on PKT 4.0 unless that is messing things up. I did a Network Test and all is well there.

I got this image from linuxsat-support. Does anyone have a Vanilla version image of PKT4.5? I'd like to build it up from scratch myself.

Cheers,

Flex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pingitagain

If I click on 'Television' or 'Radio' on the left OpenWebIf menu the Radio Buttons at the top switch but the screen below stays white. If it was working of course those radio buttons would actually be clickable menu items and the bouquets would display underneath, clicking on them would expand them to reveal the channels in them. If I click on "TV Multi EPG" it loads Bouquets up in a new browser window.`If I click on "BouquetEditor" I get the below screenshot.

So for some reason OpenWebIf is not displaying the Bouquets even though they are there. My harddisk is mounted that I had working on PKT 4.0 unless that is messing things up. I did a Network Test and all is well there.

I got this image from linuxsat-support. Does anyone have a Vanilla version image of PKT4.5? I'd like to build it up from scratch myself.

Cheers,

Flex

Long shot but have you tried a different browser ?
    Ie as opposed to firefox do you get the same result

Long shot but have you tried a different browser?

That did the trick pingitagain :) It wasn't working in Chrome so I tried IE and the bouquets appeared.

I was thinking it might be something to do with the crossepg folder I already have on the attached usb UD that was set up to work with PKT4 that maybe was interfering in some way.

But possibly the AdBlock extension in my Chrome browser was the culprit. I changed the setting to "Don't run on pages on this domain" then when I reloaded the page in Chrome it's working now.

Cheers,

Flex

That did the trick pingitagain :) It wasn't working in Chrome so I tried IE and the bouquets appeared.

I was thinking it might be something to do with the crossepg folder I already have on the attached usb UD that was set up to work with PKT4 that maybe was interfering in some way.

But possibly the AdBlock extension in my Chrome browser was the culprit. I changed the setting to "Don't run on pages on this domain" then when I reloaded the page in Chrome it's working now.

Cheers,

Flex
    Happy days :-)

• Advertisement

By the way, OpenWebIf seems to have a slightly wider layout in PKT4.5 compared with PKT4. See images.

Surely the EPG and Streaming icons don't need to be so far across the right side of the screen away from program titles for each channel to the left? I don't suppose that distance can be adjusted?

Not worth bothering about I know!

Flex

By the way, OpenWebIf seems to have a slightly wider layout in PKT4.5 compared with PKT4. See images.

Surely the EPG and Streaming icons don't need to be so far across the right side of the screen away from program titles for each channel to the left? I don't suppose that distance can be adjusted?

Not worth bothering about I know!

Flex
    just looking at mine on the duo2 distance does not seem quite as wide
    unfortunately wifey is watching an inspector calls so i have 2 hopes of looking at the webif settings in the box until later
    I tried firefox and ie and both look about the same
    but in your screen shot the distance looks greater like the screen is in a higher resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just made a purchase of an Amiko Alien 2.

This thread could well be my home for the next while. Totally new to this sort of setup, so going to be hanging off that front page post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just made a purchase of an Amiko Alien 2.

This thread could well be my home for the next while. Totally new to this sort of setup, so going to be hanging off that front page post :D

Welcome to the world of the alien2 Doc, its a nice bit of kit for the price, if you run into any issues, here is the #1 resource for help you will find

dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

dpjmie wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of the alien2 Doc, its a nice bit of kit for the price, if you run into any issues, here is the #1 resource for help you will find

dpjmie

Yeah another boards user put me in touch. Going to have a bit of reading ahead of me alright. I'm fairly handy with this sort of stuff, but will drop some Q's if I run into any.

Box should be here in the next 48 hours with a bit of luck, so probably muck around with it Thursday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

tried zardoz new 4.5 hyperion

set up wifi . re tuned saorview , both were tricky unless you knew what you were at

problems came when it froze a few times

its not until you go onto another service you notice how good the picture quality is on spark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Anyone got a nice (wife friendly) bouquet setup they would like to share?

My Dreambox edit is not working correctly so any time there is a service change I have to come a begging for a complete bouquets setup to inject in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I have my Sab Unix triple set up now, running Hyperion 4.5. Just had to re-tune Saorview, force updated CoolEPG, used Dreamboxedit to edit my bouquets to suit, put on the $ky lookalike-skin and away she went.

I have had one or 2 crashes for no real reason, both times my bouquets got wiped and I had to re-install them from Dreamboxedit - anyone else have this issue? Other than that, quite impressed.

i had similar just froze for no reason had 2 reboot

gone back to spark

Has anyone managed to get the tv3 HD on yet? Is it on saorview??

Dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Nowso wrote: »
    tried zardoz new 4.5 hyperion

set up wifi . re tuned saorview , both were tricky unless you knew what you were at

problems came when it froze a few times

its not until you go onto another service you notice how good the picture quality is on spark

I honestly dont think there is much difference between the picture quality on the new backup and Spark.

I extensively tested them both running at the same time on a high end 50" plasma ,very little difference to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Has anyone managed to get the tv3 HD on yet? Is it on saorview??

Dpjmie

Not on Saorview, only SD.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I honestly dont think there is much difference between the picture quality on the new backup and Spark.

I extensively tested them both running at the same time on a high end 50" plasma ,very little difference to be honest.

Ah something like image quality can be very subjective, i think if your very anal about it, you could notice a difference...

Personally, even sd is ok for me :)

zefer wrote: »
    Not on Saorview, only SD.

Any word on if they'll have it on Saorview by Friday (RWC Start)

Dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

I updated my Hyperion 4.5 backup this week to bring it more up to date .

Firmware was updated from SVN 3087 to 3129 via blue panel

Added
    Rats Channel Updater
    Rats Picon Updater

Updated satellites.xml file
    Updated channel list and picons
    Switched fron Service Referenced Picons to Service Named Picons and updated the picon renderer file to display Service Named Picons
    Updated Mediaportal

I also switched the video.elf file to that of HDMU so as to improve the picture quality.
    I always thought HDMU had a better picture than Hyperion but now you can have the best of both worlds,the picture quality of HDMU and the stability of Hyperion.

Plus a few other small tweaks.

The link is the same as before and this time I have included a repacked image backup (thanks to Joeuser) which is only 70MB in size.
    This should be easier to flash for people who previously had difficulties flashing the 120MB files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04regcsaut/AAD_I351j_yPbIlSkcvtQICQa?dl=0

I remember you saying before about the better hdmu picture quality previously. (And as you have always stated that the sd picture quality is greatly affected by the TV settings, which is very true).
    Would be interested in trying it out. Would it be possible for you to upload the video.elf file? Is it a straight swap of the elf file or had you some changes to make to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Any word on if they'll have it on Saorview by Friday (RWC Start)

Dpjmie

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?...no its a flying pig....

More chance of saying that, I'm afraid.

Very annoying that TV3 will be broadcasting to the vast majority in quite poor bitrate sd . will be viewing ITV HD for quite a games I expect.
    (Perhaps I could view the video stream from ITV HD and rig up the tv3 commentary, not that I'm expecting it to be any good, but during the last WC the commentary on ITV was awful, really awful. Enough to drive me back to tv3. )

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Thanks for that backup Zardoz, been looking forward to having the oicons updating!!
    Will I need to run the updated or will they pick them up 'on its own'? Or will I need to do anything in peticular??

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

deezell wrote: »

Sorted - I unplugged my second box that was using the RF out on the Optimuss - haven't had problem since.

But annoying I can't use the RF out but problem is now sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Slevster wrote: »
    I remember you saying before about the better hdmu picture quality previously. (And as you have always stated that the sd picture quality is greatly affected by the TV settings, which is very true).
    Would be interested in trying it out. Would it be possible for you to upload the video.elf file? Is it a straight swap of the elf file or had you some changes to make to it?

If you are switching from the existing Hyperion video.elf file to the HDMU one you just simply replace the file in the /boot folder .

You will probably have to adjust the picture settings on your set too as HDMU gives a picture like Spark whereas Hyperion is a duller picture with lower brightness and contrast.

I've attached the HDMU video.elf file

Let me know what you think :)
    Thanks for that backup Zardoz, been looking forward to having the oicons updating!!
    Will I need to run the updated or will they pick them up 'on its own'? Or will I need to do anything in particular??

You will have to run the updater plugin ,its not telepathic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah another boards user put me in touch. Going to have a bit of reading ahead of me alright. I'm fairly handy with this sort of stuff, but will drop some Q's if I run into any.

Box should be here in the next 48 hours with a bit of luck, so probably muck around with it Thursday evening.

Saw ye over in the United thread, was wondering how soon you would be over here! These boxes are well worth the steep learning curve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

how.gareth wrote: »
    Saw ye over in the United thread, was wondering how soon you would be over here! These boxes are well worth the steep learning curve.

There is a few on there way over as we speak :)

there is still a difference . i will leave it on to use rte player but can have it freezing for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You will probably have to adjust the picture settings on your set too as HDMU gives a picture like Spark whereas Hyperion is a duller picture with lower brightness and contrast.

I've attached the HDMU video.elf file

Let me know what you think :)

I tried this the other day when you first posted about it. To my eyes there seems to be slightly higher colour saturation in the HDMU version. It is so subtle that you would probably not notice unless you were told something had changed. Possibly a tad sharper or possibly wishful thinking on my behalf.
    As always with anything of this nature, personal preference is the key ingredient.

Either way thanks Zardoz for your ongoing hard work.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Partymack wrote: »
    Sorted - I unplugged my second box that was using the RF out on the Optimuss - haven't had problem since.

But annoying I can't use the RF out but problem is now sorted.

That's the rf loop from the terrestrial feed. One possible cause is that the other box has a dc voltage on its input, or the optimuss has a voltage on its rf output, which is causing a problem in the optimuss when connected. This could be a voltage switchable in the other box configuration, possibly used for optional line amplifiers. Check these connectors with a volt meter if you have one. You could also make an isolating cable to connect the two boxes using a suitable capacitor, if a voltage bias is at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

cork_south wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get a USB wifi dongle working in Hv4.5?

I have it plugged in at front.
    I can see my wifi network but when I put in the wifi password I never get an IP.
    I have home plugs but just want to see if I can get this working.
    Try delete the other unused network drivers. 3070 works for me every time.
    Also, change the encryption type over from what the standard is set at.To WPA I think??Can't remember exactly now.

Also, make sure the password is 100% correct:p

As already said, home plugs would be a lot easier for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement