Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Is it possible to record one Saorview channel while watching another Saorview channel? I tried this and some of the other channels were blanked out e.g. while recording RTE 1, I could watch UTV but not RTE 2 (if I remember correctly).

If your tv has a Saorview tuner ,as most newer models do you can loop the Saorview signal out of your Alien 2 into the tv's tuner.

Then you will effectively have two Saorview feeds ,but will only be able to record one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

MayoForSam wrote: »
    What do you use to stream from the Amiko to a phone - EnigmaTV? Is there a guide for setting up local streaming to an Android device?

Dreamdroid is the business on phone or android device. I might have posted about it before. You just need to create a profile using the box ip and the default ports, 80 and 8001. I'll attach a few screenshots. it will use whatever media player you have, It works well with VLC and MX player. Profile "Outside Wan" in the image is not valid BTW, just for illustration, though I do have an outside profile which works away from home.My upload bitrate not good enough unfortunately, but I can change channels, set timers, operate the box remote, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

I will set up a bouquet for myself with the channels showing the rwc matches, and include the SD versions for streaming.

AFAIK the channels are : tv3,e3,ITV 1 (HD) , ITV 4 , ITV wales, and S4C .

Any others I left out? Are any other channels showing highlights?

Zardoz wrote: »
    If you are switching from the existing Hyperion video.elf file to the HDMU one you just simply replace the file in the /boot folder .

You will probably have to adjust the picture settings on your set too as HDMU gives a picture like Spark whereas Hyperion is a duller picture with lower brightness and contrast.

I've attached the HDMU video.elf file

Let me know what you think :)

:p

Stuck in the video.elf file the other night. Haven't really done an appraisal yet, but from the few minutes of the man utd game on tv3, all looks good. (Can not say if is absolutely better). Will look a bit more critically at it again (did adjust TV settings )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

deezell wrote: »
    Dreamdroid is the business on phone or android device. I might have posted about it before. You just need to create a profile using the box ip and the default ports, 80 and 8001. I'll attach a few screenshots. it will use whatever media player you have, It works well with VLC and MX player. Profile "Outside Wan" in the image is not valid BTW, just for illustration, though I do have an outside profile which works away from home.My upload bitrate not good enough unfortunately, but I can change channels, set timers, operate the box remote, etc
    hi deezel how do i set this ouside lan..i have sky bb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mjatkey

Hi Guys, looking for a bit of help on getting the Amiko running smoothly. Basically I'm having trouble getting EPG up and working correctly.
    I really like the Hyperon images but everyone I've tried I just can't get the EPG to work correctly.
    No matter what I do I only get a couple of hours of data and then not all channels.

Have tried, rescan, remove and re-add CrossEPG plugin, deleting crosspeg folder from HDD but no matter what I do is makes no difference.
    One question though, on the Hyperon image it has the upgrade to take place every hour in standby mode, should I leave the box in standby over night or should a force reload work.

Below are the contents of the latest config file.

Any ideas as I really like the image but with out the EPG piece its no good.

I have Icloud box running and have no issues with that so am at a loss.

Thanks Martin

db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg
    lamedb=lamedb
    providers=rytec_uk_bbci_xmltv|rytec_greece_in_english_xmltv|skyuk_astra2_28.2
    force_load_on_boot=0
    download_daily_enabled=1
    download_daily_hours=4
    download_daily_minutes=0
    download_daily_reboot=1
    download_manual_reboot=0
    download_standby_enabled=0
    last_full_download_timestamp=0
    last_partial_download_timestamp=0
    last_defrag_timestamp=1442346296
    csv_import_enabled=1
    show_plugin=1
    show_extension=1
    show_force_reload_as_plugin=0
    configured=1

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Can someone check their setup in tuner config for me please? Was messing about and think I've changed something as I am having issues recording one channel and watching certain others now..

zefer wrote: »
    Can someone check their setup in tuner config for me please? Was messing about and think I've changed something as I am having issues recording one channel and watching certain others now..

Ensure you have "mapping CA1 to CA0" disabled

mjatkey wrote: »
    Hi Guys, looking for a bit of help on getting the Amiko running smoothly. Basically I'm having trouble getting EPG up and working correctly.
    I really like the Hyperon images but everyone I've tried I just can't get the EPG to work correctly.
    No matter what I do I only get a couple of hours of data and then not all channels.

Have tried, rescan, remove and re-add CrossEPG plugin, deleting crosspeg folder from HDD but no matter what I do is makes no difference.
    One question though, on the Hyperon image it has the upgrade to take place every hour in standby mode, should I leave the box in standby over night or should a force reload work.

Below are the contents of the latest config file.

Any ideas as I really like the image but with out the EPG piece its no good.

I have Icloud box running and have no issues with that so am at a loss.

Thanks Martin

lamedb=lamedb
    force_load_on_boot=0
    download_daily_enabled=1
    download_daily_hours=4
    download_daily_minutes=0
    download_daily_reboot=1
    download_manual_reboot=0
    download_standby_enabled=0
    last_full_download_timestamp=0
    last_partial_download_timestamp=0
    last_defrag_timestamp=1442346296
    csv_import_enabled=1
    show_plugin=1
    show_extension=1
    show_force_reload_as_plugin=0
    configured=1

Its certainly the main cause of hassles

Slevster wrote: »
    Crossepg seems to be one of the main sources of issues with these systems. I've had a similar problems. The belt and braces way to sort it is (I have found):
    1. Delete the crossepg folder
    2. Delete the epg.dat file separate to the crossepg folder
    3. Uninstall the crossepg plugin
    4. Ftp in updated satellite.xml file
    5. Reboot
    6. Rescan your sat channels (do not clear )
    7. Download and install the crossepg plugin.
    8. Reboot
    9. Configure to use hdd, and astra 28.2

Not all the steps are needed, but as I said, its a belt and braces approach that works for me.

hi deezel how do i set this ouside lan..i have sky bb

You have to forward the ip of the box to the outsideu or wan ip of your router, and you must forward on port 80 for the interface to connect, and port 8001 for the program to stream. It's the same as when you want to use webif outside your network. Your wan ip may not be fixed, so you might need to get a domain name linked dynamically to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

booted into zardoz 4 .5 today

when left alone for a while picture stopped clearing and it tryed to go back to ethernet , did it twice 2nd time i couldnr get channels back

flashed the vix4 image from scratch , a lot more user friendly for wifi ,

Ensure you have "mapping CA1 to CA0" disabled

That's had the opposite effect of stopping everything.. Any ideas?

Thanks Slevter, I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know.

That's had the opposite effect of stopping everything.. Any ideas?

You have 2 sat feeds in , I assume.
    And soarview?

Go to setup-system-service searching-satfinder and check the quality of your sat/tuner feeds

You have 2 sat feeds in , I assume.
    And soarview?

Go to setup-system-service searching-satfinder and check the quality of your sat/tuner feeds

Yep, that's setup alright. Sat feeds quality are fine.
    All the fta are fine when I changed it to disabled...
    Is tuner c meant to be equal b or is that meant to be set to "simple" like b is. ( tuner b and c both being the sat feeds obviously)

Yep, that's setup alright. Sat feeds quality are fine.
    All the fta are fine when I changed it to disabled...
    Is tuner c meant to be equal b or is that meant to be set to "simple" like b is. ( tuner b and c both being the sat feeds obviously)

No, you are alright with c equal to b, and b set to simple

Can yo record a BBC channel and viewing a itv channel?

In theory yes, but I've tried it and the box isn't capable if it

Possible to set a recording of several of the MUX streams. Plus record 2 sat channels at the same time.

But, got a blank (0m) on 3 of the 5 MUX streams. But all others were fine

mjatkey wrote: »

Have tried, rescan, remove and re-add CrossEPG plugin, deleting crosspeg folder from HDD but no matter what I do is makes no difference

Thanks Martin

lamedb=lamedb
    force_load_on_b........
    configured=1
    Try changing your providers to just skyuk_astra

No, you are alright with c equal to b, and b set to simple

Can yo record a BBC channel and viewing a itv channel?

I think so, will double check when i'm home

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Hi Guys,

My amiko box is going to be in one room with a USB hard drive attached. I'd like to be able to access the stuff I record on it from other devices over the network (e.g. my media player box in the sitting room, or my ipad). Is there a way to achieve that?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

RonnieL wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My amiko box is going to be in one room with a USB hard drive attached. I'd like to be able to access the stuff I record on it from other devices over the network (e.g. my media player box in the sitting room, or my ipad). Is there a way to achieve that?

Thanks!

Yes there is.

There is a plugin called openwebif , which is included with most images, which allows you access your box through a web browser, allowing you to stream channels and recordings. There are also android (and apple?) Apps that will interface with your box (piggy backing on the webif plugin, I think) which will also allow you to control and stream.
    And several folk have set up streaming from the box and linking into a rasberrypi / htpc and apps like kodi.
    You can also ftp into your box to copy recordings or set up a samba server on the box to view files over your home netwok

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Amiko Alien 2 just arrived to my desk.

Both excited and dreading setting it up this evening. Typically these type of things go horrendously wrong for me :D Fingers crossed its not too much stress

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Nowso wrote: »
    booted into zardoz 4 .5 today

when left alone for a while picture stopped clearing and it tryed to go back to ethernet , did it twice 2nd time i couldnr get channels back

flashed the vix4 image from scratch , a lot more user friendly for wifi ,

Sorry to hear that Nowso.

I never tried setting up wifi on the Hyperion image.
    I generally dont like wifi on a receiver,have had poor experience of it in the past on numerous receivers.

I prefer a wireless client bridge or homeplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Hi Guys,

Thanks!
    Just type in your boxes network address (192.168.xxx.xxx) in any browser on your home network to open the web interface (webif) and access lots of useful features.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Yes there is.

There is a plugin called openwebif , which is included with most images, which allows you access your box through a web browser, allowing you to stream channels and recordings. There are also android (and apple?) Apps that will interface with your box (piggy backing on the webif plugin, I think) which will also allow you to control and stream.
    And several folk have set up streaming from the box and linking into a rasberrypi / htpc and apps like kodi.
    You can also ftp into your box to copy recordings or set up a samba server on the box to view files over your home netwok

Thanks Slevster. All of what you described sounds great. I think what I had in mind mostly was the samba sever option. Would anyone have steps to follow, or is it a case of ssh'ing onto the box and setting it up as you would on any Linux distro?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

... I think what I had in mind mostly was the samba sever option. Would anyone have steps to follow.. ?

I made a little Samba Server installation step by step guide for the Alien 2 back in 2013 (wowsers, where does time go). I think the links still work in it.

Cheers,

Flex

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Has anyone had any Dns/connection issues over wifi with an eircom f2000 Modem

Boxs wont connect

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well that went well. Hyperion 4.5 in place first go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Nowso wrote: »
    Has anyone had any Dns/connection issues over wifi with an eircom f2000 Modem

Boxs wont connect

Are your settings correct?Make sure you change the encryption type in the menu.

Insert into your USB,turn on box.
    Menu>Setup>System>Network>Device Setup

If your device has picked up, you should see a 'WLAN connection' here. You may also see a 'LAN connection' if you currently have it connected to a wired cable.

Click OK into the WLAN connection. Go into Adapter settings.

User Interface?YES
    Use DHCP?YES
    Hidden Network?NO
    Network Name SSID: Enter Your Network ID as it appears under your router(or if you see what your network is called when you are connecting to it on phone/laptop)
    Encryption WPA or WPA2
    Encryption Key: Your password as at the bottom of your router
    Green button to save.

It will then ask do you want to swap to this configuration, say yes and after about 10-20secs your dongle will now be in use.

You may have to restart your box to get everything fully working on wireless.

If your dongle hasn't picked up at the 'WLAN connection' stage you may have to uninstall some drivers to stop any confusion.

Menu>Plugin>Red Button to remove plugin>Drivers
    The one that usually works for me is 'network-usb-rt3070'. Remove any other RTXX drivers and try to connect again.

If you do not have rt3070, you can download it by Menu>Plugin>Green Button>Drivers

Also, make sure the dongle is compatible with the box.

• Advertisement

Hi Slevster, carried out your instructions on getting the EPG set up correct, worked a treat, quick question can you put hard drive inside the Amiko? Also should the drive be set to never sleep or sleep after so long? Thanks Martin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement