Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

mjatkey wrote: »
    Hi Slevster, carried out your instructions on getting the EPG set up correct, worked a treat, quick question can you put hard drive inside the Amiko? Also should the drive be set to never sleep or sleep after so long? Thanks Martin

One if the members on here did put the hdd inside the box. He posted about it with pics. Was a very nice job. Try searching the thread for internal hdd or similiar .

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mjatkey

Hi Slevster, yes may give that a go. Have the box near enough perfect now, quick question if I do back up of the complete image where does the uImage come from? Thanks Martin

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

my crossepg just stopped working on mine.hard drive is still mounted.no epg data at all and tries to start downloader but stops about 30 seconds into it.any ideas.was working fine yesterday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Bt sport extra channels in bouquets or unindexed channels ? whats the best way

im using the vix 4 image atm

my crossepg just stopped working on mine.hard drive is still mounted.no epg data at all and tries to start downloader but stops about 30 seconds into it.any ideas.was working fine yesterday
    just deleted all epg data and removed plugin and reinstalled.now when i start plugin i get gree screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

mjatkey wrote: »
    Hi Slevster, yes may give that a go. Have the box near enough perfect now, quick question if I do back up of the complete image where does the uImage come from? Thanks Martin
    When you make a backup, it creates a folder called back_of_e2 which contains the e2jffs2.img and uImage files.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Nowso wrote: »
    Bt sport extra channels in bouquets or unindexed channels ? whats the best way

im using the vix 4 image atm

Which ever is easier for you I guess?

You can add to Sports or Favourites bouquet if you want either manually through remote on screen or through PC with Openwebif or DreamBoxedit

just deleted all epg data and removed plugin and reinstalled.now when i start plugin i get gree screen

Try delete again and then download .ipk and FTP to your /tmp folder and install local extension.

See if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

You must configure crossepg to store in the hdd after reinstall, otherwise it will just fill system memory and crash.. Hdd in turn must be mounted to a usable partition. A glitch in the hard disc during boot can cause automount to point hdd at the wrong place, either inadequate system memory, or a tiny 1 MB header partition, depending on your disk format. Logically, a complete loss of epg data is the result of a breakdown in the read write of epg data to storage. You must solve this, then it will work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Hi folks.

Am getting a lot of tune failed on channels.
    I did full device scan as someone mentioned in this thread but it made no difference. Any ideas?

Picons no longer appearing.
    Anyone remember how to set them up?

Thx.

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    You must configure crossepg to store in the hdd after reinstall, otherwise it will just fill system memory and crash.. Hdd in turn must be mounted to a usable partition. A glitch in the hard disc during boot can cause automount to point hdd at the wrong place, either inadequate system memory, or a tiny 1 MB header partition, depending on your disk format. Logically, a complete loss of epg data is the result of a breakdown in the read write of epg data to storage. You must solve this, then it will work again.
    hi deezel i didnt do or touch anything to the box it just happened.another strange one.should i reformat the disk too

reformatted my hdd and remounted hdd reinstalled plugin and still stuck on starting downloader.wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Cables still ok in back Alan? Won't work if one is not connected or loose, happened me.
    Just a stab in dark

Imstuck wrote: »
    Cables still ok in back Alan? Won't work if one is not connected or loose, happened me.
    Just a stab in dark
    ya seems ok just checked them.all channels working but no epg

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

ya seems ok just checked them.all channels working but no epg

Try turning off one tuner as to remove the possibility of one of the tuners failing.
    Then run epg

Imstuck wrote: »
    Try turning off one tuner as to remove the possibility of one of the tuners failing.
    Then run epg
    its a single tuner i have

cork_south wrote: »
    Hi folks.

Am getting a lot of tune failed on channels.
    I did full device scan as someone mentioned in this thread but it made no difference. Any ideas?

Picons no longer appearing.
    Anyone remember how to set them up?

Thx.

I ended up reimaging using zardox latest image.
    Seems very fast.

I havw picons for saorview channels but not for UK channels.
    Any ideas?

its a single tuner i have
    single tuner or twin box used with a single feed?

reformatted my hdd and remounted hdd reinstalled plugin and still stuck on starting downloader.wtf
    check that crossepg providers is configured to skyuk_astra only

I ended up reimaging using zardox latest image.
    Seems very fast.

I havw picons for saorview channels but not for UK channels.
    Any ideas?

Download Rats Picon Updater and install and run. Might need to create a picon folder in usr/share/enigma2/

• Advertisement

how do i check that

got it working as u said worked cheers deezel ur help is brilliant on this thread

dav32cs wrote: »
    Download Rats Picon Updater and install and run. Might need to create a picon folder in usr/share/enigma2/

I had tried that but no joy.
    Still just showing picons from saorview from some reason. Very strange indeed.
    The rats updater says my picons are in 2 locations so maybe I will delete one of the folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I had tried that but no joy.
    Still just showing picons from saorview from some reason. Very strange indeed.
    The rats updater says my picons are in 2 locations so maybe I will delete one of the folders.

Which image of mine did you flash ,the one I uploaded last week or the older version ?

Rats picons are now service named picons ,they were previously referenced named picons .
    Service named picons wont be displayed in the standard Hyperion image as the picon renderer file doesnt have the relevant code.
    I have included the updated picon renderer file in my most recent backup.

You can get the modified picon renderer file here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96849024&postcount=4444

Zardoz wrote: »
    Which image of mine did you flash ,the one I uploaded last week or the older version ?

Rats picons are now service named picons ,they were previously referenced named picons .
    Service named picons wont be displayed in the standard Hyperion image as the picon renderer file doesnt have the relevant code.
    I have included the updated picon renderer file in my most recent backup.

You can get the modified picon renderer file here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96849024&postcount=4444

I applied the latest one.
    Deleting the picons directory that was on my external drive helped.
    Now I have picons on all channels except on the EPG where i only have saorview picons.
    Will take a look at the renderer to see if that helps.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I applied the latest one.
    Deleting the picons directory that was on my external drive helped.
    Now I have picons on all channels except on the EPG where i only have saorview picons.
    Will take a look at the renderer to see if that helps.

Thanks

Rats picons will no longer be displayed in Cooltv guide ,it doesnt support service named picons .

Rats picons will no longer be displayed in Cooltv guide ,it doesnt support service named picons .

Ah ok. So that's why only saorview picons are being displayed in the EPG.

Is there anyway to make the area where the channel names in cool TV guide a bit wider as the UK channel names are getting truncated?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Is it better to have Service Named Picons then? Does it work well or are there conflicts sometimes? I think it's a shame to loose picons in CoolTVGuide.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Every time a channel moves TP the picon needs to be renamed as they currently use code numbers for the TP details. By using the service name, it should remain constant even if it moves.

• Advertisement

Is it better to have Service Named Picons then? Does it work well or are there conflicts sometimes? I think it's a shame to loose picons in CoolTVGuide.

Flex
    I agree, I'll hang on to my reference named, if a picon goes missing I'll just find it in the service named list on my pc, easy to search as it's service named, then rename to the reference, ftp it to the picon folder. Service reference is available to cut and paste from the text in current channel on Webif. Rat's last picon reference named list before the change is pretty complete anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement