Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

cork_south wrote: »
    Ah ok. So that's why only saorview picons are being displayed in the EPG.

Is there anyway to make the area where the channel names in cool TV guide a bit wider as the UK channel names are getting truncated?

If you open Cool tv guide ,and press menu you can adjust the channel name column width and vary the font size.

Its a pity Cool TV doesnt display Service named picons.
    Rat contacted the developer of Cool tv but he received no reply.

If I get a chance I'll have a look through the code and see can it be edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Hi trying to mount hd on hyp 4.5,
    its is mounting as dev/sda1
    I need it to mount as hdd
    how do i do this without loosing all media allready on it?
    its formatted allready in ext3

I found this
    how do I assign to hd label..

You must assign the disk partition containing the 1TB partition to HDD. Go to blue panel and disk partition manager. You probably have two partitions, one of 1 MB, and one of the rest of the TB. Partition names are something like sda1 and sda0 or sda5. The large partition must be assigned to the label HDD. From then any reference to HDD will go to the 1 TB disc. Also check recording paths, make sure recording is pointed to Hdd/ movies. Directory should be there from previous use. If you want ext3, use EaseUs disk manager on a PC to backup, reformat to ext3 and restore files. You could also just backup and restore later by ftp.

also when i try to change recording paths / filelist expansion it says invalid location,
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

pod2011 wrote: »
    Hi trying to mount hd on hyp 4.5,
    its is mounting as dev/sda1
    I need it to mount as hdd
    how do i do this without loosing all media allready on it?
    its formatted allready in ext3

I found this
    how do I assign to hd label..

You must assign the disk partition containing the 1TB partition to HDD. Go to blue panel and disk partition manager. You probably have two partitions, one of 1 MB, and one of the rest of the TB. Partition names are something like sda1 and sda0 or sda5. The large partition must be assigned to the label HDD. From then any reference to HDD will go to the 1 TB disc. Also check recording paths, make sure recording is pointed to Hdd/ movies. Directory should be there from previous use. If you want ext3, use EaseUs disk manager on a PC to backup, reformat to ext3 and restore files. You could also just backup and restore later by ftp.

also when i try to change recording paths / filelist expansion it says invalid location,
    Thanks
    In pkt blue panel the disk manager allows you mount partitions to named discs. Mount point 1 is HDD, and this should be assigned to the primary disc partition. If you use the right arrow you can scroll through what is available, the system memory, usb sticks if inserted, and the partition(s) on your hard disk. this probably depends on how you formatted your disk. My simple solution was to use EaseUs to remove ext3, and windows disc manager to ensure I had a completely blanked disk, then I formatted to NTFS. This has two partitions, which reported in the PKT disc managrer as sda1 and sda5, for whatever reason. In my case sda5 is the partition with the 1 TB of disc space, sda1 reports as having 1 MB. when I selected sda5 as as my partition for mount point 1, Hdd, and rebooted, I was then able to assign crossepg, timeshift, etc. storage configuration to hdd. It's a bit confusing, as there are mount points for media, and the location media/ hdd seems to be the same as just hdd. It all worked once it was mounted, I imagine if you just select automount in the disc manager, and reboot with disc connected it should do the same. It's the failure of the system to establish a connection between the actual storage on the disc and the label ' HDD ' or ' Media/HDD' that is the root of many people problems. I avoid having multiple partitions on the disk, and I still haven't gone back to ext3, maybe when the pulled out hair grows back.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

Anybody know how to reduce the picture size on cool TV Guide in Zardoz's Hyperion 4.5 backup. It only appears to be Cool TV Guide that does not quite fit into the screen everything else seems fine.
    363253.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

dominoman wrote: »
    Anybody know how to reduce the picture size on cool TV Guide in Zardoz's Hyperion 4.5 backup. It only appears to be Cool TV Guide that does not quite fit into the screen everything else seems fine.
    363253.jpg

That could be overscan on the TV itself, try pressing the zoom button on the TV remote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Yep, play around with the resolution settings in your TV and also in the image itself to see if that helps.

Flex

Yep, play around with the resolution settings in your TV and also in the image itself to see if that helps.

Flex

Nope tried all the settings on the TV but they only make it worse. Av settings in Image are set to Scart so I can watch on other TV's in house with a modulator. As I said it only appears to be cool tv guide that is over-scanned?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Have you tried different resolutions with the image? I use 1080i. If you click on CoolTvGuide plugin menu entry there are additional settings you can play with although I don't think they will help in this case. Is that Zardoz latest image? Those channel names aren't picons.

Flex

Nope tried all the settings on the TV but they only make it worse. Av settings in Image are set to Scart so I can watch on other TV's in house with a modulator. As I said it only appears to be cool tv guide that is over-scanned?

Isn't there a separate setup in av for on screen display, OSD, ages ago I had something like this, menus too big but picture ok. Cool uses the full screen, hyperion menus use less, so if OSD is slightly overscanned, cool will suffer first. I'll have a look tomorrow to jog my memory. I think it might have been on OpenATV image.

I think this was OpenATV. Here an OSD adjustment plugin, it might be worth a try, if you want to risk it.https://56343a41a76effbb954c1dc1e45287ca77b901ea.googledrive.com/host/0B4ZtbqH07yplOEZuZ29wcmJzY0U/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-osdadjustment_1.0-r2_sh4.ipk

From this resource https://56343a41a76effbb954c1dc1e45287ca77b901ea.googledrive.com/host/0B4ZtbqH07yplOEZuZ29wcmJzY0U

Lots of plugins, I presume they should work on Hyperion, they're labelled as SH4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

deezell wrote: »
    Dreamdroid is the business on phone or android device. I might have posted about it before. You just need to create a profile using the box ip and the default ports, 80 and 8001. I'll attach a few screenshots. it will use whatever media player you have, It works well with VLC and MX player. Profile "Outside Wan" in the image is not valid BTW, just for illustration, though I do have an outside profile which works away from home.My upload bitrate not good enough unfortunately, but I can change channels, set timers, operate the box remote, etc

Hi There re Dreamdroid
    what is the user name and password, please is this the standard username and pwd for the Amiko box
    PWD screenshot :
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/666582/362581.png

and
    will this work, if Amiko on a wired conenction
    and the android on a wifi connection (both to same router)

Thanks

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi There re Dreamdroid
    what is the user name and password, please is this the standard username and pwd for the Amiko box
    PWD screenshot :

and

Thanks
    Yes and yes.
    If look at the bottom of the screen shot, you will see the current status of the Dreamdroid connection as I took the screenshot. The left hand info, 'SABWAN' is the name of the profile selected, an the right hand info, 'version<1.65' is confirmation that I've connected. The actual profile in the screenshot is internal lan profile, which I rarely use.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Isn't there a separate setup in av for on screen display, OSD, ages ago I had something like this, menus too big but picture ok. Cool uses the full screen, hyperion menus use less, so if OSD is slightly overscanned, cool will suffer first. I'll have a look tomorrow to jog my memory. I think it might have been on OpenATV image.

And true to his word, the next day (but only just over an hour later)

I think this was OpenATV. Here an OSD adjustment plugin, it might be worth a try, if you want to risk it.https://56343a41a76effbb954c1dc1e45287ca77b901ea.googledrive.com/host/0B4ZtbqH07yplOEZuZ29wcmJzY0U/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-osdadjustment_1.0-r2_sh4.ipk

From this resource https://56343a41a76effbb954c1dc1e45287ca77b901ea.googledrive.com/host/0B4ZtbqH07yplOEZuZ29wcmJzY0U

Lots of plugins, I presume they should work on Hyperion, they're labelled as SH4.

Full marks for follow up.
    These boxes cause a lot of late night/early morning messin

Hi There re Dreamdroid
    PWD screenshot :

and

Thanks

For the hyperion images
    Username: root
    Password: pkteam

I hadnt bothered to update my picons of late, with all the tp changes recently. However, I think that most of the changes are complete now but I now have a lot of missing picons.
    So I loaded up Rats new updater, (service names) , but when I run it, it does its thing, finds the picon folder, then connects to the server, but gets a 404 error, and the picon zip folder is not downloaded (the plugin still declares a successful execution on screen). Been happening since Friday. (Thought it was a temperory thing). Anyone else having a problem? (Have yet to install the patch Zardoz linked in order to display these picons)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

It is usually standard in any images I've seen.

Menu>Setup>System>PageDown>User Interface>OSD Adjustment / Position Setup

Just move in to fit your screen then:)

Slevster wrote: »
    I hadnt bothered to update my picons of late, with all the tp changes recently. However, I think that most of the changes are complete now but I now have a lot of missing picons.
    So I loaded up Rats new updater, (service names) , but when I run it, it does its thing, finds the picon folder, then connects to the server, but gets a 404 error, and the picon zip folder is not downloaded (the plugin still declares a successful execution on screen). Been happening since Friday. (Thought it was a temperory thing). Anyone else having a problem? (Have yet to install the patch Zardoz linked in order to display these picons)

Download directly from here, http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/rats/dwpicons.zip
    and ftp to the box.

Download directly from here, http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/rats/dwpicons.zip
    and ftp to the box.

What are Picons folks,

What are Picons folks,

Programme-Icons, the little colourful station logos on the epg, otherwise it would be just text. It makes the epg so nice looking you might watch it for an hour when there's nothing else worth watching. On this thread, some do.

Hi Folks

remote for Amiko has always been limited in range

remote needs to be pointed almost directly at Amiko, range is about 4 metre (batterys are new, have used different images)

I guess that's the nature of IF remote

Is there a third party remote (pref RF radio) which isn't line of sight, there is a front facing USB port , which could be used for pairing dongle

or a way to increase the range

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Folks

remote needs to be pointed almost directly at Amiko, range is about 4 metre (batterys are new, have used different images)

Is there a third party remote (pref RF radio) which isn't line of sight, there is a front facing USB port , which could be used for pairing dongle

Thanks

There is. Kind of.
    What image are you using?

Hi Folks

Thanks
    If you are using Hyperion 4.5 try editing the file etc/lircd.conf and changing all the eps values from 60 to 45 and reboot

Slevster wrote: »
    There is. Kind of.
    What image are you using?

Using Hyperion 4.5 latest version

Using Hyperion 4.5 latest version
    Edit as per dominoman's post. You can try different values (but set them all to the same for each trial) . but as always, save a copy of you original. You will need to reboot for the changes to take effect

The remote had been an issue in v2 and 3 . the above was the solution, as the original values had been set to 30. Increasing them to 45 or 60 )r some folks went higher) much improve the response of the box to the remote. This solution was incorporated to the v4 build along the way, and v4.5 .
    So try 45 and if not try 90. However your problem may lie elsewhere.

If you are using Hyperion 4.5 try editing the file etc/lircd.conf and changing all the eps values from 60 to 45 and reboot
    Are you saying to reduce the value from 60 down to 45, or to set it to a value in between 60 and 45, assuming you had a lower setting. Mine is at 60 already, its not particularly good. The next post suggests that an increase in this value is required to increase the sensitivity. 60 down to 45 would be a reduction.

Are you saying to reduce the value from 60 down to 45, or to set it to a value in between 60 and 45, assuming you had a lower setting. Mine is at 60 already, its not particularly good. The next post suggests that an increase in this value is required to increase the sensitivity. 60 down to 45 would be a reduction.

I could be wrong, but I think some folk had problems when they set it too high. I use to set mine to 45 and it was fine. But in 4.5 it is 60 as you say, and its fine. But I do know that 90 worked well too for folks. Its a try and see situation.
    But the issue K is having may be something else, since those adjustments are already incorporated. Could something ibeinterfering with the ir receiver eg light source, reflection, line of sight interference, box offset from tv, dirt etc read about someone noticing a layer of dust inside their sensor.

Mine is at 60 already, its not particularly good.

The original remotes ain't the greatest. I use a Logitech remote, and it is better. Donts have to point at the box. But , still, have to be a bit more careful with it than other devices. Eg for amp or TV, the remote could be facing the opposite direction and the command would still be received, but with the alien, would have to be pointing in general direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Looking for a couple of questions answered before I update the firmware on my AA2.

Its been a couple of years since I updated the firmware, so I am a bit rusty, but I think I have the bases covered.

I want to update to Zardoz 4.5 backup.

So I.....

1. from Zardoz dropbox file structure copy
    the 'ulmage' and 'e2jffs.img' onto the root of a USB stick and into a folder named Enigma2 ?

2. Force boot my box into Spark?

3. Reboot the box with the USB inserted then go to plugins and
    enable the e2upgrade plugin ?

4.start OSD option with the red button and goto folder 'Enigma2'
    (on usb Key) and select the option using the red button?

5. after update reboot back to enigma?

6. use Filzilla and FTP into the box and replace the 'keys' folder with a backup created before updating ;)

have I missed or got anything wrong?

Ta

Looking for a couple of questions answered before I update the firmware on my AA2.

Its been a couple of years since I updated the firmware, so I am a bit rusty, but I think I have the bases covered.

I want to update to Zardoz 4.5 backup.

So I.....

1. from Zardoz dropbox file structure copy
    the 'ulmage' and 'e2jffs.img' onto the root of a USB stick and into a folder named Enigma2 ?

2. Force boot my box into Spark?

3. Reboot the box with the USB inserted then go to plugins and
    enable the e2upgrade plugin ?

4.start OSD option with the red button and goto folder 'Enigma2'
    (on usb Key) and select the option using the red button?

5. after update reboot back to enigma?

6. use Filzilla and FTP into the box and replace the 'keys' folder with a backup created before updating ;)

have I missed or got anything wrong?

Ta
    Sounds good you can also make a backup of your existing Image in Spark before you load the new one. Just in case anything goes wrong. You may also need to retune Saorview when you are in enigma unless you are in the same area as Zardoz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Sounds good you can also make a backup of your existing Image in Spark before you load the new one. Just in case anything goes wrong. You may also need to retune Saorview when you are in enigma unless you are in the same area as Zardoz.

cheers for the quick reply.

Yea I am going to note my Terrestrial frequencies before updating.

I see Zardoz has full backup .zip in the same dropbox folder.
    Can this be used anywhere to update easier?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement