Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

dav32cs wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deezell View Post
    I think this was OpenATV. Here an OSD adjustment plugin, it might be worth a try, if you want to risk it.https://56343a41a76effbb954c1dc1e452...1.0-r2_sh4.ipk

From this resource https://56343a41a76effbb954c1dc1e452...EZuZ29wcmJzY0U

Lots of plugins, I presume they should work on Hyperion, they're labelled as SH4.
    It is usually standard in any images I've seen.

Menu>Setup>System>PageDown>User Interface>OSD Adjustment / Position Setup

Just move in to fit your screen then

Doesn't exist in Hyperion 4.5....

However using the plug-in that deezell suggested has now added a menu under setup for OSD adjustment and I can now see the whole screen after adjusting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

cheers for the quick reply.

Yea I am going to note my Terrestrial frequencies before updating.

I see Zardoz has full backup .zip in the same dropbox folder.
    Can this be used anywhere to update easier?

And mount your HDD after flashing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

dominoman wrote: »
    Doesn't exist in Hyperion 4.5....

However using the plug-in that deezell suggested has now added a menu under setup for OSD adjustment and I can now see the whole screen after adjusting it.]

Excellent, its a tiny plugin, only 8 kb, very handy to have. It must have been OpenAtv where I encountered it last.

Updated the full list of picons last night, and tidied up a few bouquets. Thanks to deezell for link to picons download, and zardoz for link to the render .pyo

Was really really satisfying. Can live without the coolguide picons (just made the text box for the channels wider and turned of the 3d design)
    But really was/is satisfying having all picons and channels in order

Slevster wrote: »
    Updated the full list of picons last night, and tidied up a few bouquets. Thanks to deezell for link to picons download, and zardoz for link to the render .pyo

Was really really satisfying. Can live without the coolguide picons (just made the text box for the channels wider and turned of the 3d design)
    But really was/is satisfying having all picons and channels in order

You don't have to lose cool picons. Heres Rats last referenced list
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s8p6nrmjqvbn52a/AAAZ69cArdJpDRGwwOEOmTWYa?dl=0
    FTP the contents of this to /usr/local/share/enigma2/picon. I don't know if Rat's updater still uses this folder for the service named picons, i assume it does, but it wouldn't matter, the two will live side by side. Any missing picons on Cool, just find the service named one, and make a copy renaming it to the service reference, which can be cut and pasted on the pc from the "current channel" on WebIf.

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    You don't have to lose cool picons. Heres Rats last referenced list
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s8p6nrmjqvbn52a/AAAZ69cArdJpDRGwwOEOmTWYa?dl=0
    FTP the contents of this to /usr/local/share/enigma2/picon. I don't know if Rat's updater still uses this folder for the service named picons, i assume it does, but it wouldn't matter, the two will live side by side. Any missing picons on Cool, just find the service named one, and make a copy renaming it to the service reference, which can be cut and pasted on the pc from the "current channel" on WebIf.

Thanks.
    I never worried too much about picons. About a year ago I did spend some time getting them all set up, but then with all the changes, I let them drindle. Forgot how satisfying it is (a bit like your post re looking at the picons when nothing else is on!)
    But oddly enough, the 4seven picon appeared in the coolman guide and some other one. Might try investigating

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

For any programmers in here I downloaded 'Easy Python Decompiler v1.3.2'. You can run the CoolTVGuide compiled python .pyo files through it and it decompiles them to give the sourcecode. The code is pretty readable.

It looks like CoolPico.pyo may be where CoolTVGuide decides what folders to search for picons and how to resolve those files into picons. It looks like it does try to resolve a picon from a service reference and also from a servicename. See the try block and first if not nlqmqs: below...
    def changed(self, rjvsyr):
            global mzrynz
            global otzqir
            if self.instance:
                koprvn = ePicLoad()
                koprvn.setPara((int(self.lxktpt[0]),
                 int(self.lxktpt[1]),
                 '#ff000000'))
                nlqmqs = None
                try:
                    [COLOR="Red"]qystrq = self.source.service
                    if rjvsyr[0] != self.CHANGED_CLEAR:
                        nlqmqs = findCoolPicon(qystrq.toString())[/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Red"]<--- ServiceRef search?[/COLOR][/B]
                except:
                    qystrq = self.source.text
                    if rjvsyr[0] != self.CHANGED_CLEAR:
                        nlqmqs = findCoolPicon(qystrq)

if not nlqmqs:
                    [COLOR="Red"]kklrrq = ServiceReference(qystrq).getServiceName()
                    try:
                        kklrrq = kklrrq.replace('\xc2\x87', '').replace('\xc2\x86', '').decode('utf-8').encode('latin1')
                    except:
                        pass

nlqmqs = findCoolPicon(kklrrq)[/COLOR] [B][COLOR="red"]<-- ServiceName search?[/COLOR][/B]
                if not nlqmqs:
                    nlqmqs = '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/Cool3D/dummy.png'
                    koprvn.setPara((1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, '#ff000000'))
                    if otzqir:
                        nlqmqs = ''
                        mzrynz = ''
                        koprvn = findCoolPicon(kklrrq)
                        klyrok = koprvn.startDecode
                        rjyixi = koprvn.setPara
                        rjyixi((int(self.lxktpt[0]),
                         int(self.lxktpt[1]),
                         '#ff000000'))
                    elif mzrynz == '':
                        uunuoo = zrlpzx.rfind(':')
                        if uunuoo != -1:
                            otzqir = True
                            zrlpzx = zrlpzx[:uunuoo].rstrip(':').replace(':', '_')
                            for srrllp in self.vzxowj:
                                nlqmqs = srrllp + zrlpzx + '.png'
                                if fileExists(nlqmqs):
                                    self.Setpixmap(nlqmqs)

if not otzqir:
                    koprvn.startDecode(nlqmqs, 0, 0, False)
                    nlqmqs = koprvn.getData()
                    self.instance.setPixmap(nlqmqs)
            return

I don't know how to test and debug python!

Cheers,

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

My bad..I forgot to write down the terrestrial frequency before I updated to 4.5

anyone know the frequency for Tallaght area?

For any programmers in here I downloaded 'Easy Python Decompiler v1.3.2'. You can run the CoolTVGuide compiled python .pyo files through it and it decompiles them to give the sourcecode. The code is pretty readable.

It looks like CoolPico.pyo may be where CoolTVGuide decides what folders to search for picons ............
    Cheers,

Flex
    Uncanny Flex, I spent an hour today doing exactly the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

My bad..I forgot to write down the terrestrial frequency before I updated to 4.5

anyone know the frequency for Tallaght area?
    check here

• Advertisement

I spent an hour today doing exactly the same thing.

Cool :) It looks like CoolTvGuide is coded so it tries to resolve a picon from a servicename if it couldn't from a service reference. The fact that it does not work with servicenames might be down to the utf-8 and Latin1 decoding and re-encoding failing. I wonder were certain libraries not included when compiling to the pyo files?

Only way to find out is to learn python! If the decompiled code will recompile again then I suppose you could insert debugging bits to print out to a text file what values do those 'kklrrq' and 'nlqmqs' variables contain when playing around with the EPG. It could be a fairly small fix.

Actually Rats Picons Updater is a good example to learn how to roll your own enigma2 plugin. 'plugin.py' opens in Pyscripter and with a few lines of code creates the plugin menu entry with icon and instruction to execute the Unix shell script that simply downloads the picons.zip file from his server and unzips it into your picon directory.

Flex

Cool :) It looks like CoolTvGuide is coded so it tries to resolve a picon from a servicename if it couldn't from a service reference. The fact that it does not work with servicenames might be down to the utf-8 and Latin1 decoding and re-encoding failing. I wonder were certain libraries not included when compiling to the pyo files?

Only way to find out is to learn python! If the decompiled code will recompile again then I suppose you could insert debugging bits to print out to a text file what values do those 'kklrrq' and 'nlqmqs' variables contain when playing around with the EPG. It could be a fairly small fix.

Actually Rats Picons Updater is a good example to learn how to roll your own enigma2 plugin. 'plugin.py' opens in Pyscripter and with a few lines of code creates the plugin menu entry with icon and instruction to execute the Unix shell script that simply downloads the picons.zip file from his server and unzips it into your picon directory.

Flex
    It would be a good challenge, donkey's years since I coded c++, java, but reading this feels familiar.I can follow the structure of that module, its like you said, but is the service name bit trying to create an object which is just the text of the service name rather than find an icon referenced by service name. That's what happens in the absence of an icon on the display. Have to get a python tutorial. I came across some quite bitter blogging from Coolman and others over his refusal to release source code, and his belief that Vix stole his code and released it as VixEpg, so that might explain his reticence to communicate with Rat.

... is the service name bit trying to create an object which is just the text of the service name rather than find an icon referenced by service name...

The decompiled code isn't that easy to read because variable and method names were generated by a program and not a human!
    qystrq = self.source.service
    kklrrq = ServiceReference(qystrq).getServiceName()
    nlqmqs = findCoolPicon(kklrrq)

'qystrq' is probably the current channels servicereference as a string.
    'kklrrq' probably the current channels servicename as a string that passes to findCoolPicon().

Here's the code for findCoolPicon():
    [b]
    Note:
    vzxowj = ('/coolpicon/', '/usr/share/enigma2/picon/', '/media/cf/picon/', '/media/usb/picon/', '/picon/')
    [/b]

def findCoolPicon(zlypjp = None, zrlpzx = None):
        if zlypjp:
            zsynjw = '_'.join(opomiv(zlypjp).split(':', 10)[:10])

[COLOR="Red"]        for srrllp in vzxowj:
                nlqmqs = srrllp + zsynjw + '.png'
                if fileExists(nlqmqs):
                    return nlqmqs[/COLOR]

if zrlpzx:
            zsynjw = '_'.join(opomiv(zrlpzx).split(':', 10)[:10])
            for srrllp in vzxowj:
                nlqmqs = srrllp + zsynjw + '.png'
                if fileExists(nlqmqs):
                    return nlqmqs

return
        else:
            if zlypjp is not None:
                ijlkiy = zlypjp.rfind(':')
                if ijlkiy != -1:
                    zlypjp = zlypjp[:ijlkiy].rstrip(':').replace(':', '_')
                    for srrllp in vzxowj:
                        nlqmqs = srrllp + zlypjp + '.png'
                        if fileExists(nlqmqs):
                            return nlqmqs

if zrlpzx is not None:
                uunuoo = zrlpzx.rfind(':')
                if uunuoo != -1:
                    zrlpzx = zrlpzx[:uunuoo].rstrip(':').replace(':', '_')
                    for srrllp in vzxowj:
                        nlqmqs = srrllp + zrlpzx + '.png'
                        if fileExists(nlqmqs):
                            return nlqmqs

return ''

I guess Python allows you to define two parameters in a method but only pass one? If so the servicename string should pass to 'zlypjp' and what findCoolPicon() does, highlighted in red, is try to see does a picon file exist with a filename that contains this channels servicename. It searches five different directories where picon files may be stored.

If we could see the value 'kklrrq' has when passed to findCoolPicon() here...
    nlqmqs = findCoolPicon(kklrrq)

.. then I bet it is garbled or undefined because of the utf-8/Latin1 decoding/encoding or else the getServiceName() call fails somehow.

Only way to know is to load all the decompiled CoolTvGuide sources into something like PyScripter and hope it recompiles then figure out how to get debug info out to the console or text file while the plugin is running.

Flex

Only way to know is to load all the decompiled CoolTvGuide sources into something like PyScripter and hope it recompiles then figure out how to get debug info out to the console or text file while the plugin is running.

Flex
    A big enough ask from an experienced coder if you had the original source with comments and meaningfully named variables, harder again with just the decompliation. Still, there's always someone. For what its worth method is defined with two null variables, and it tests if the second is null before constructing a return png filename. Is findcoolpicon called elsewhere with two arguments? One idea if you're interested is to just null the whole method, returning a test png reference. Compile and substitute. See what happens. Add a line to drop script on the screen. Add back the original lines slowly, script their output. It can't do any harm.!!

OK all updated now to Zardoz copy of Hyperion 4.5 and I must say it is a splendid version.

Really snappy and the picture and sound quality is second to none compared to any other Enigma version I have used.

I only really have one little snag that some of you fine folk can help me with....

When using Webif I can only seem to get it working when I have the option 'Zap before stream' selected.
    I can live with this as its very seldom I am watching TV on two devices, but if a simple fix then please let me know.

thanks again for all the help btw

OK all updated now to Zardoz copy of Hyperion 4.5 and I must say it is a splendid version.

Really snappy and the picture and sound quality is second to none compared to any other Enigma version I have used.

I only really have one little snag that some of you fine folk can help me with....

When using Webif I can only seem to get it working when I have the option 'Zap before stream' selected.
    I can live with this as its very seldom I am watching TV on two devices, but if a simple fix then please let me know.

thanks again for all the help btw
    This will be required if viewing a saorview channel not on the mux the box is showing, same goes for sat if you only have one tuner connected. You should be able to stream sat watch saorview, saorview sat and sat sat if you have two feeds, without zapping before.

This will be required if viewing a saorview channel not on the mux the box is showing, same goes for sat if you only have one tuner connected. You should be able to stream sat watch saorview, saorview sat and sat sat if you have two feeds, without zapping before.

I have two two sat feeds and a Terrestrial feed into the box, but all feeds go through one of these multi switches first;
    http://www.satworld.ie/9x12-satellite-and-terrestrial-multiswitch.html

then down to the Amiko- if that matters?

The tuner setup on the box shows both sat feeds setup as individuals, and B is not the same as A ...if you know what i mean?

I have two two sat feeds and a Terrestrial feed into the box, but all feeds go through one of these multi switches first;
    http://www.satworld.ie/9x12-satellite-and-terrestrial-multiswitch.html

then down to the Amiko- if that matters?

The tuner setup on the box shows both sat feeds setup as individuals, and B is not the same as A ...if you know what i mean?

You do have two sat tuner feeds going directly in to the box,and a terrestrial feed. If so and the switch is doing its job, then each feed is virtually independent. Set B=C to share tuning information between the two tuners, otherwise you have to scan them seperately. If you only have one sat feed then you can only stream/watch from the same TP, say ITV1, +1, ITV3, +1, and STV are on the same TP. Same goes for terrestrial, which is independent of te satellite signal, though its mixed at the box and split at the faceplate. If the switch is reading the control signals up the lines correctly from the box, it should connect each tuner to the appropriate LNB point (Hi/Low band, H or V), giving independent feeds to the tuners. Is this your own switch or part of an apartment feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 suirthing

Hi all,

got my alien 2+ set up with Openatv, everything good except - the volume button on the remote is not changing the volume on some channels, it seems to stuck at about 40%, pressing vol up or vol down has no effect. I've tried rooting thru some of the settings but to be honest I'm a bit lost! Any help much appreciated, dk

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

suirthing wrote:
    got my alien 2+ set up with Openatv, everything good except - the volume button on the remote is not changing the volume on some channels, it seems to stuck at about 40%, pressing vol up or vol down has no effect. I've tried rooting thru some of the settings but to be honest I'm a bit lost! Any help much appreciated, dk

A complete guess but maybe you have the automatic audio levelling on... I'm not at home to skim through the settings and I use hyperion... but try find audio levelling... cause generally the sd stations are louder than the hd...

Dpjmie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pingitagain

suirthing wrote: »
    Hi all,

The remote for the alien is a bit weak be sure your pointing it directly at the box

ah no its def working - the audio "status" bar appears at the top of the screen but it doesn't matter whether i press vol + or - there is no change in vol either way, it must be getting over-ridden by another setting?

Also - is it possible to lose the adult section in the channel list?

found it - setup/system/automatic volume adjustment - disable.

any help on the adult stuff appreciated tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hi,

Had to do a fresh install. So decided to go with freshpots hyperion 4.5.

Everything was ok apart for the fact that when I mount hdd on sd1 on hdd manager it shows two drivers mounted /media/hdd & /media/sda1! Any ideas? Unable to unmount hdd.

I reformatted 1TB hdd to ext3 should I use a different format? When I switch on box I load enigma. I mounted hdd and it's shows tow hdd mounted!!???

Also crossepg only has an option to use flash. It says that hdd might be ro. But it says rw on hdd manager.

Can I mess around with mounting through ssh? If so what commands should I run to unmount drive then recount and to make sure it automounts after every restart

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BobbyT28

Download dreamboxedit

And edit the boquet and send it back
    I am assuming your talking about the boquets like sports drama movies and the likes

when i was using the alien i just set up 1 boquet TV
    and dragged all the stations that I wanted into it and then deleted all other boquets
    so when i pressed the remote it brought me straight into the tv boquet
    this way i was able to have rte 1 as no 1 and rte 2 as 2
    so you could just press 1 or 2 on the remote to pick the station you wanted

many thanks pingitagain, i will check out dreamboxedit. Most of what you describe above is new to me - bouquets etc - but i think i get the general gist, will get googling later, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

suirthing wrote:

suirthing wrote:

What exactly is the issue with the adult stuff? ?

Dpjmie

many thanks pingitagain, i will check out dreamboxedit. Most of what you describe above is new to me - bouquets etc - but i think i get the general gist, will get googling later, cheers

Yep everyone has to start somewhere :-)

Boquets are the groups of programmes when you press down on the remote
    like headers sports, terrestial, adult,shopping ,religious and the likes

With dreamboxedit you can edit these menus and have as many or as few as you like
    I just had 1
    in dreamboxedit you can just drag a programme across into whatever boquet you like and save it

you start by connecting to your box Ip address and downloading the current boquets and then edit them
    then save it and send it back

you tube has some guides

With dreamboxedit you can also edit the station names that appear on the vfd ( display ) of your amiko

dpjmie wrote: »
    What exactly is the issue with the adult stuff? ?

Dpjmie

Probably does not want the kids accidently clicking on that boquet or maybe just does not want it on there
    Like i did not want anything other than 1 boquet

thats the great thing about enigma 2 you can have your cake and eat it :-)

That is of course my assumption
    i could be wrong maybe he does want to watch
    Like im assuming its a he

:-) :-)

whats that old saying when your in a hole stop digging

• Advertisement

Or if you simply want to remove the"adult" bouquet - press the "Fav" button while viewing any channel, to bring up the list of bouquets (eg movies, kids, sports, entertainment etc) . scoll down to the "adult" bouqeut and press the menu button.you should see a list of options' one of which will be remove bouquet.
    If there are channels you wish to remove, scroll to the bouquet , press OK to see anlist of channels in that bouquet, scroll to the channel and press menu. You should see a list of options', one of which is remove entry (this only removes the channel from the bouquet, it will still exist in the list of tuned channels. Don't think you can easily remove a tuned channel )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement