Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 suirthing

thats exactly it, i just don't want it on th box - have 2 kids in the house.

thanks again for all that info!

dk

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi,

Had to do a fresh install. So decided to go with freshpots hyperion 4.5.

Everything was ok apart for the fact that when I mount hdd on sd1 on hdd manager it shows two drivers mounted /media/hdd & /media/sda1! Any ideas? Unable to unmount hdd.

I reformatted 1TB hdd to ext3 should I use a different format? When I switch on box I load enigma. I mounted hdd and it's shows tow hdd mounted!!???

Also crossepg only has an option to use flash. It says that hdd might be ro. But it says rw on hdd manager.

Can I mess around with mounting through ssh? If so what commands should I run to unmount drive then recount and to make sure it automounts after every restart

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BobbyT28

Did you mount through the blue panel HDD manager?
    I take it you have a mount point 1 and a mount point 2. If you look at devices or mounted (blue panel-disk-devices or mounted or just check "free space" ) , what does it show?
    Ext3 is the correct format

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Probably does not want the kids accidently clicking on that boquet or maybe just does not want it on there
    Like i did not want anything other than 1 boquet

thats the great thing about enigma 2 you can have your cake and eat it :-)

That is of course my assumption
    i could be wrong maybe he does want to watch
    Like im assuming its a he

:-) :-)

whats that old saying when your in a hole stop digging

Haha... brilliant... thats exactly what i meant but for some reason (don't ask why) my mind went the other way and 'he' wanted the stations but there wasn't a bouquet for it :):):):):)

Dpjmie

suirthing wrote: »
    thats exactly it, i just don't want it on th box - have 2 kids in the house.

thanks again for all that info!

dk

Just to be clear though, even when you remove the bouquets, the stations are still accessible through the 'satellites' list. As memory serves... you can put a pin on them to make sure they are not accessed using this menu.

Dpjmie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pingitagain

dpjmie wrote: »
    Just to be clear though, even when you remove the bouquets, the stations are still accessible through the 'satellites' list. As memory serves... you can put a pin on them to make sure they are not accessed using this menu.

Dpjmie

You can also remove them from all satellites list with dreamboxedit if you need
    ::)

• Advertisement

You can also remove them from all satellites list with dreamboxedit if you need
    ::)

Never realised that, good to know :) (I prefer the manual way) :P

Dpjmie

dpjmie wrote: »
    Never realised that, good to know :) (I prefer the manual way) :P

Dpjmie
    Yep sat there for ages one night using dbedit to delete all the crap from the downloaded sat scan
    All the religious , adult ,gambling , shopping
    Thinking it may make the little alien a bit faster
    of the 900 stations it pulled in I had it down to 70
    did not make any difference to the speed though :-(

Just dug the little fella out from under the bed to power it up for a while
    Tinkering with the idea of
    if i could format the internal memory and just have e2 instead of e2 and spark sharing the limited memory that it has
    now wouldent that be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Tinkering with the idea of
    if i could format the internal memory and just have e2 instead of e2 and spark sharing the limited memory that it has
    now wouldent that be nice

if you are using an enigma2 Image to view TV channels then Spark is not running. So it is not the case that both Spark and enigma2 images compete for Alien2 resources.

Flex

if you are using an enigma2 Image to view TV channels then Spark is not running. So it is not the case that both Spark and enigma2 images compete for Alien2 resources.

Flex
    that knocks that on the head so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Slevster wrote: »
    Did you mount through the blue panel HDD manager?
    I take it you have a mount point 1 and a mount point 2. If you look at devices or mounted (blue panel-disk-devices or mounted or just check "free space" ) , what does it show?
    Ext3 is the correct format

Hi,

See attached pics

I have one WD 1TB HDD connected. No mount point, this is the way the image came

Thanks for the help,

Much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Hi,

See attached pics

I have one WD 1TB HDD connected. No mount point, this is the way the image came

Thanks for the help,

Much appreciated

It appears your HDD is ext 2 formatted (your second pic).

Also in the mount manager, use the left or right clicker(the circular button around the OK button) to show option

Slevster wrote: »
    It appears your HDD is ext 2 formatted (your second pic).

Also in the mount manager, use the left or right clicker(the circular button around the OK button) to show option

I formatted it ext3 in sparks. Not..sure why it's showing up ext2.

Should I have mount manager set like this?

Thanks again.
    BobbyT28

In your first picture the drive is mounted as sda1
    but in your last post you have selected sdb1
    Did you try left and right on the remote to see if you can select sda1

Also from what i can remember there was only 1 mount point enabled

Can only select sdb1!! Don't know what's going on!! The top should only be mounted from what I remember.

Can only select sdb1!! Don't know what's going on!! The top should only be mounted from what I remember.
    how big is the drive ?

Any time I was setting up a drive I booted back to spark and deleted all partitions
    then create just 1 partition and format it

then using the mount manager you used to be able to use left or right to select the drive and mount it

how big is the drive ?

Any time I was setting up a drive I booted back to spark and deleted all partitions
    then create just 1 partition and format it

then using the mount manager you used to be able to use left or right to select the drive and mount it

Hi,

It's 1TB. Yeah I formatted it to ext3. Just re partitioning now. Once I do that I go into hdd manager and mount it (sda*) under hdd/

Hi,

It's 1TB. Yeah I formatted it to ext3. Just re partitioning now. Once I do that I go into hdd manager and mount it (sda*) under hdd/

All done. Let's see how I get on. Should I have it connect when I boot into.enigma? Or should I boot into enigma and then plug it in?

What then?

All done. Let's see how I get on. Should I have it connect when I boot into.enigma? Or should I boot into enigma and then plug it in?

What then?

Ok started enigma2 with hdd connected, Went onto hdd manager and sda1 was already mounted. Must have automount.

Went into crossepg and can now use hdd as storage for epg. It's coming up as ecas 10 external. So I have that selected. Just downloaded epg. So will test out recording etc tonight.

Thank you all for your help, really can't get over how help people are on this thread.

I'll see how I get on.

Regards,
    Bo

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Has anyone got a link to tv3 player plugin cant find it anywhere pogs link is not working, hyp4.5.. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys is anyone having crossepg problems with zardoz image.on both boxes each morning the epg is not there but it sees the hdd.its happening all the time now and when i try to download it just hangs on starting downloader.any ideas as to why is does this

Ok started enigma2 with hdd connected, Went onto hdd manager and sda1 was already mounted. Must have automount.

Went into crossepg and can now use hdd as storage for epg. It's coming up as ecas 10 external. So I have that selected. Just downloaded epg. So will test out recording etc tonight.

Thank you all for your help, really can't get over how help people are on this thread.

I'll see how I get on.

Regards,
    Bo
    Sorry went off for dinner
    Glad to see you got sorted
    the real test will be when you record 2 hd channels at same time see if the drive is up for it :-)
    But looking good if its showing as an destination for cross epg
    Well done

• Advertisement

Sorry went off for dinner
    Glad to see you got sorted
    the real test will be when you record 2 hd channels at same time see if the drive is up for it :-)
    But looking good if its showing as an destination for cross epg
    Well done

Cheers! That will be a test alright. Looking at getting a new drive as I have this WD DC powered hdd for about 8years now. So I'd say it's on its last legs to be fair. It also maybe causing my .problem.s with the box

Any hdd recommendations? Samsung M3 by any chance?

hi guys is anyone having crossepg problems with zardoz image.on both boxes each morning the epg is not there but it sees the hdd.its happening all the time now and when i try to download it just hangs on starting downloader.any ideas as to why is does this
    anyone having trouble with their crossepg at the minute.its set to sky 28.2 aswell.i dont know what to do next.i tried deezels way which worked but now its not working.all hdds are there and working and set to download to them

Cheers! That will be a test alright. Looking at getting a new drive as I have this WD DC powered hdd for about 8years now. So I'd say it's on its last legs to be fair. It also maybe causing my .problem.s with the box

Any hdd recommendations? Samsung M3 by any chance?
    Yep they are supposed to be pretty good alright
    think they are around €50
    Although i burned out a couple of usb powered ones on my alien when I was using it
    Maybe the powered drive will surprise you
    Before i got the duo2 i was going to opt for a SSD to try it out
    But in the end i removed a 500 g drive from an old sky box and stuck it into the duo2 and not had any issues at all so far
    touch wood

anyone having trouble with their crossepg at the minute.its set to sky 28.2 aswell.i dont know what to do next.i tried deezels way which worked but now its not working.all hdds are there and working and set to download to them
    Did you delete the folder and the .epg dat file from the drive
    and then try downloading again

Did you delete the folder and the .epg dat file from the drive
    and then try downloading again
    im trying now will report back lol

pod2011 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to tv3 player plugin cant find it anywhere pogs link is not working, hyp4.5.. Thanks.

Have one here dont remember ever using it though
    but your welcome to try it
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0xfpeoglpbw13z/3player%20Alpha%202.zip?dl=0

im trying now will report back lol
    tried and failed still the same

tried and failed still the same
    you could try removing the folder & dat file then remove the plugin reboot
    And reinstall plugin

you could try removing the folder & dat file then remove the plugin reboot