Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

deezell wrote: »
    WebIf outside the home is really useful BTW, I set my box to record Ireland match from my seat in Wembley! HAHA, no TV3 SD there!

I was able to access my box from outside the home up until wed. Now when I enter my NAS url it doesn't get him to it, it opens the NAS up!!

Any ideas? I've changed nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I was able to access my box from outside the home up until wed. Now when I enter my NAS url it doesn't get him to it, it opens the NAS up!!

Any ideas? I've changed nothing

Have you actually set up your router to port forward 80 to the box ip?, I suspect the router is forwarding http:// traffic to any available internal IP with port 80 available, your nas obviously has an http server. You must forward the box ip on port 80 in the router config.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

dav32cs wrote: »
    There is 0.6.2 and 0.8.1, try switch to the other. Some people have had issues with 0.8.1
    tried that just now and still the same even on that crossepg..it still says the cruzrblade disk and also tried the other drive and still the same.feel like giving up on this image

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Have you actually set up your router to port forward 80 to the box ip?, I suspect the router is forwarding http:// traffic to any available internal IP with port 80 available, your nas obviously has an http server. You must forward the box ip on port 80 in the router config.

Thats the thing, I have forwarded port 0080 to my STB. Will have a look today when I get home from work and report my finding

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Thats the thing, I have forwarded port 0080 to my STB. Will have a look today when I get home from work and report my finding

As a test or even permanently you can configure the WebIf Http port as 8080, or any port no, then forward this port to the box ip on your router. It means having to add :8080 to the url, but its an extra layer of invisibility.

• Advertisement

tried that just now and still the same even on that crossepg..it still says the cruzrblade disk and also tried the other drive and still the same.feel like giving up on this image

Cruzblade USB sticks apparently are configured to interface as an HDD, not a USB. Read this http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Cruzer-Blade-USB-Flash-Drives-16-Gb-Acts-like-a-normal-harddisk/td-p/297958 .
    Is this plugged in in addition to your HDD? If so its like you plugged in two HDDs perhaps. Are you trying to run crossepg from it or an HDD?

Cruzblade USB sticks apparently are configured to interface as an HDD, not a USB. Read this http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Cruzer-Blade-USB-Flash-Drives-16-Gb-Acts-like-a-normal-harddisk/td-p/297958 .
    Is this plugged in in addition to your HDD? If so its like you plugged in two HDDs perhaps. Are you trying to run crossepg from it or an HDD?
    trying to run it in cruzerblade as its seen when plugged in.also any key i try wont work

trying to run it in cruzerblade as its seen when plugged in.also any key i try wont work

Thats odd. I'ts generally easy enough to point crossepg at a USB device on the list, assuming you have plugged in any reasonable brand of stick. One thing I would check is that the list is empty when all disks and sticks are plugged out. You should only have system memory availabe to save epg to. Unmount at this point should remove legacy references to disks anmd usb devices. Reboot, then insert a disk or stick and either automount or manually mount. A USB device should appear the crossepg list and this can be selected as the crossepg data destination. Reboot and recheck that this is the case. Then you should be able to do an epg download and it should create the necessary folders and files on the USB stick. There is definitely some issue with redirection of the folder HDD and Media/HDD, i'm convinced that this is the cause of failed epg. The system seems to create an HDD link even when no disk is plugged in, probably pointed to flash. Unmounting should remove this from the list of devices. Otherwise cross is trying to write to something hat is not there, as your acual disk is not mounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Can somebody give me a link to Dreambox Edit website please, I had problems with computer and lost it, thanks!

Thats odd. I'ts generally easy enough to point crossepg at a USB device on the list, assuming you have plugged in any reasonable brand of stick. One thing I would check is that the list is empty when all disks and sticks are plugged out. You should only have system memory availabe to save epg to. Unmount at this point should remove legacy references to disks anmd usb devices. Reboot, then insert a disk or stick and either automount or manually mount. A USB device should appear the crossepg list and this can be selected as the crossepg data destination. Reboot and recheck that this is the case. Then you should be able to do an epg download and it should create the necessary folders and files on the USB stick. There is definitely some issue with redirection of the folder HDD and Media/HDD, i'm convinced that this is the cause of failed epg. The system seems to create an HDD link even when no disk is plugged in, probably pointed to flash. Unmounting should remove this from the list of devices. Otherwise cross is trying to write to something hat is not there, as your acual disk is not mounted.
    ok so what will i do first.ive already erased the cruzerblade now.im about to reboot the box with cruzerblade in it and automount it.what next

• Advertisement

ok so what will i do first.ive already erased the cruzerblade now.im about to reboot the box with cruzerblade in it and automount it.what next
    Remove the settings for record/Timeshift from HDD or whatever they are set to. leave them null for the moment. Reboot. Check does the device appear on the storage selection bar in crossepg config. Also check in Blue panel if and how its mounted. Check devices, then check to see if that device is mounted as HDD or USB. According to that link I posted these devices behave like hard disks, not USB sticks. I wonder is that a potential problem. Select it as the storage device for crossepg. Reboot. Do a crossepg download, see if it takes.

Remove the settings for record/Timeshift from HDD or whatever they are set to. leave them null for the moment. Reboot. Check does the device appear on the storage selection bar in crossepg config. Also check in Blue panel if and how its mounted. Check devices, then check to see if that device is mounted as HDD or USB. According to that link I posted these devices behave like hard disks, not USB sticks. I wonder is that a potential problem. Select it as the storage device for crossepg. Reboot. Do a crossepg download, see if it takes.
    just tried and worked..yipee.hope it lasts now.cheers for helping again.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

is there a way to add 'DNLA Client' setting into a startup, so that its turned ON when the box is turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

So I am upgrading to the latest 4.5 image as for some reason my existing image got corrupted when the box lost supply during an electricity outage during the week. Since the outage, the sound is coming through but no picture. First I thought it might be a memory space issue but I dont see any large files in media directory.

Anyway, here is the thing. I am using the same USB key as I did for the last upgrade (worked perfectly) but this time when I reboot Spark it doesnt appear to recognize the the USB key. I have a folder at root level called Enigma2 and both files are in there but Spark wont pick them up.

Any ideas?

I've had to reinstall Dreambox Edit on my PC, but when I am FTP'ing channel list to computer I get the following message.

Neither a "services" nor a "lamedb" file was found in directory "%" on the Dreambox. /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Check the dream path settings on the option panel to point to the correct Dreambox directories and try again.

Anybody any ideas how to fix this?
    :confused:

cyndale wrote: »
    I've had to reinstall Dreambox Edit on my PC, but when I am FTP'ing channel list to computer I get the following message.

Neither a "services" nor a "lamedb" file was found in directory "%" on the Dreambox. /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Check the dream path settings on the option panel to point to the correct Dreambox directories and try again.

Anybody any ideas how to fix this?
    :confused:
    Go into Tools/Options and click 'New Enigma2 Settings' and 'Save'

Go into Tools/Options and click 'New Enigma2 Settings' and Save

Brilliant thanks, worked a treat!:D

Toplink wrote: »
    So I am upgrading to the latest 4.5......... I have a folder at root level called Enigma2 and both files are in there but Spark wont pick them up.

Any ideas?
    From linuxsat forum. No need to boot spark.
    1.Make sure [usb:/engima2] is exist, if not, please create this folder.
    2.copy [uImage] and [e2jffs2.img] to usb/enigma2
    3.Connect USB stick to STB
    4.Keep Pressing [OK] Button in Front Panel, then power on STB.
    5.After 5 seconds, you will see [Forc] in LED, release [OK] button and press
    Button.
    then press down button > you will see [enig]
    now press
    Button, you will see [fact] for a moment.and press the ok button
    6.if everything OK, You will see [U LD] shining in LED
    7.if upgrade success, You will see [SUCC] and STB reboot automatically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

cyndale wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link to Dreambox Edit website please, I had problems with computer and lost it, thanks!

dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=15282

copy the text in to google and the first site that pops up is dreamboxedit
    Cant post link

dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=15282

copy the text in to google and the first site that pops up is dreamboxedit
    Cant post link

Thanks for that, I will save in favourites.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

My combi freesat box just packed it in. I'm thinking of picking up an amiko. Is there anywhere I can get one preprogrammed? Or are they fairly easy to set up?

thanks mate, unfortunately that didnt work either as it doesnt appear to be picking up the files properly from the USB key.

It looks like a i might need to format the USB but this USB has worked before :confused:

thanks mate, unfortunately that didnt work either as it doesnt appear to be picking up the files properly from the USB key.

It looks like a i might need to format the USB but this USB has worked before :confused:

The attached instructions worked fro anyone who has similar issues

test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

New members cant post links straight away since some russian spammers joined a while back

Nowso wrote: »
    New members cant post links straight away since some russian spammers joined a while back
    Oh! Those Russians! (Boney M, 1978)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

My combi freesat box just packed it in. I'm thinking of picking up an amiko. Is there anywhere I can get one preprogrammed? Or are they fairly easy to set up?
    Easy to set up
    You can download someones backup from here

if you buy from some places they will program sat stations for you
    but you will usually have to scan the terrestial stations when you get it home as different areas use different transmitters

Are you plugging in to front usb. I think this is required. Says something about Zardoz hyperion that I've never reflashed since installing, had to remind myself how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

How do I switch to radio stations on Enigma? Mrs C wasn't too impressed she had no radio when I switched from spark last week, so I had to switch back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Blackbox Live on OATV

Hi trying to use Blackbox Live on OATV. it loads a screenshot of the channel and then zaps back to my desktop - I'm using iPhone 5s.

Anyone successfully set this up and could help? I have it set to:
    - Enigma2 (Webif)
    - Using it over Wifi on home network
    - All other settings to 'default'

Any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement