Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

How do I switch to radio stations on Enigma? Mrs C wasn't too impressed she had no radio when I switched from spark last week, so I had to switch back.
    Forget the TV/radio button on the remote. Use Webif or Dreambox edit to create a bouquet called Radio, put sat or terrestrial radio channels in there. Then just select the bouquet from your favourites like a TV bouquet and pick your channel. If your not comfortable with either of these methods, it can be done directly on the box using the remote, but it's messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I've updated my PC to Windows 10 and now when I stream from Open Webif and click on the channel it opens the stream with Groove Music app and nothing happens. How do I get the channel to stream using VLC Media Player (which I was able to do before the upgrade to Windows 10)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

cyndale wrote: »
    I've updated my PC to Windows 10 and now when I stream from Open Webif and click on the channel it opens the stream with Groove Music app and nothing happens. How do I get the channel to stream using VLC Media Player (which I was able to do before the upgrade to Windows 10)?

Right click on m3u stream and select open with. Scroll download to vlc player (or you might need to select other) and click, tick "use this app everytime" or something to that effect.

So reach time you open a stream vlc will pay it

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Right click on m3u stream and select open with. Scroll download to vlc player (or you might need to select other) and click, tick "use this app everytime" or something to that effect.

So reach time you open a stream vlc will pay it

When I right click on channel it asks me to open or save. When I save it I can right click on file and open with VLC Player. It is when I right click on channel and open it, that the default player is Groove Music (Audio only). I can't figure out how to make VLC layer the default before I open it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

When I right click on channel it asks me to open or save. When I save it I can right click on file and open with VLC Player. It is when I right click on channel and open it, that the default player is Groove Music (Audio only). I can't figure out how to make VLC layer the default before I open it.:mad:
    Settings/system/ default apps/ default apps by filetype, and associate M3U files with VLC

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    Settings/system/ default apps/ default apps by filetype, and associate M3U files with VLC

Brilliant! Thanks for that! A bit of a pain getting used to Windows 10!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Brilliant! Thanks for that! A bit of a pain getting used to Windows 10!:D

See attached,

This is the way I was showing you, same thing as deeezel said just a different way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Where are the latest E2 images these days? Found an Open ATV image of champs on the firmware thread but after installation it requires reflashing as its so old. Did that and now all the plugins are gone. Doesn't seem like much is going on in that firmware thread.....Anyone got an up to date version with all the usual plugins and online players etc? Cheers.

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    See attached,

This is the way I was showing you, same thing as deeezel said just a different way to do it.

:cool:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

basill wrote: »
    Where are the latest E2 images these days? Found an Open ATV image of champs on the firmware thread but after installation it requires reflashing as its so old. Did that and now all the plugins are gone. Doesn't seem like much is going on in that firmware thread.....Anyone got an up to date version with all the usual plugins and online players etc? Cheers.

PKT have released Hyperion V5, their previous effort, Hyperion V4.5, was the most stable image around, and was the basis of many images in here. You can find it on the UK forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PKT have released Hyperion V5, their previous effort, Hyperion V4.5, was the most stable image around, and was the basis of many images in here. You can find it on the UK forums.

Hyperion 5 is only for Mips based receivers ,there's no new version for the Alien 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

Zardoz wrote: »
    Hyperion 5 is only for Mips based receivers ,there's no new version for the Alien 2.

So it is, my bad, do you know if there is an Alien 2 version in the pipeline?

So it is, my bad, do you know if there is an Alien 2 version in the pipeline?

PKT/Hyperion have no plans to release a new version for the Alien 2 I am informed.

Newer builds of Autobouquets will now run properly on the Alien 2 as the error has been resolved by Lraizer the developer and Abu Baniaz.

Here is the latest build
    Transfer the extracted folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

Following files must have 755 properties

autobouquets_e2.sh
    autopicon_convert.sh
    autobouquetsreader

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

theres a new vix4 image version on www.vix4.com/downloads also version for 8900 and mini

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Toplink wrote: »
    thanks mate, unfortunately that didnt work either as it doesnt appear to be picking up the files properly from the USB key.

It looks like a i might need to format the USB but this USB has worked before :confused:

The method described is for the rear USB port. Also, if you are having issues with your flash drive being recognised, try one that is less than 4gb Or at least use a fat 32 formatted one. (it does depend on the box build. Newer boxes seem to be less fussy . there was a popular myth that the box only liked kingston flash drives, but haven't found this to be true. My own box only likes the <4gb drives, while two newer boxes i've used have worked with larger drives. Just another quirk of these boxes)
    But as others have said, the rear port flash method works well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I was able to format (EXT3) and mount a 500GB external hard drive on the front USB port, set it up as 'hdd' and record on to it. However, I still have a 4GB USB thumb drive plugged into the rear slot, that has the image files, 'swap' folder and EPG data on it.

I want to remove the thumb drive altogether and plug in the 500GB HD into the rear port (I don't want to have to use the front USB port at all) - how do I go about transferring all the necessary files on to the HD without messing up my image?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I was able to format (EXT3) and mount a 500GB external hard drive on the front USB port, set it up as 'hdd' and record on to it. However, I still have a 4GB USB thumb drive plugged into the rear slot, that has the image files, 'swap' folder and EPG data on it.

I want to remove the thumb drive altogether and plug in the 500GB HD into the rear port (I don't want to have to use the front USB port at all) - how do I go about transferring all the necessary files on to the HD without messing up my image?

MENU>PLUGINS>DREAM-EXPLORER will allow you copy/move files and folders between drives using the coloured buttons. It's slow and clunky but does the job. You may need to remount the 500 when you move it to the rear socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Newer builds of Autobouquets will now run properly on the Alien 2 as the error has been resolved by Lraizer the developer and Abu Baniaz.

Here is the latest build
    Transfer the extracted folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

Following files must have 755 properties

autobouquets_e2.sh
    autopicon_convert.sh
    autobouquetsreader
    will this version keep my custom channel swap

will this version keep my custom channel swap

I dont see why not ,just keep the same custom swap file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

I dont see why not ,just keep the same custom swap file.
    how do i keep the same custom swap file and where can it be found thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I currently have a 20m Cat5e cable running from upstairs to my Amiko Alien 2 in the living room. Is there a cheap wifi receiver I can pick up tomorrow in Dublin and is it easy to set up?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

What do you want to do with this Wifi reciever? My Alien2 is connected by network cable to my router. I can view what's playing through the Alien 2 using OpenWebIf in the PKT Hyperion image from my laptop over wifi anywhere in the house. If you have a wifi router already then you may not need to buy anything else.

Flex

Sorry, didn't explain that very well. I want the box to connect to the network wirelessly. I will eventually have the house rewired but in the mean time I'd like to not have the cable trailing across the house.

Is it easy enough to join the network after plugging in a wifi receiver?

Oh, and I have a HDD plugged in at the back. Is there only 1 USB socket on the back? Looks like a micro receiver might sit in the front socket but that not have great strength

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

The wifi adapter works flawlessly, the box just thinks it's a wired connection.

Can you recommend one of these? I read in another thread that some of the Amiko ones don't work with Enigma 2 (the image I'm using)

some images are set up better for wifi than others , the raillink st5370 driverset . . the better quality ones are ferguson ones and last longer

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ferguson-W03-USB-WiFi-Dongle-for-Ariva-150-152-153-250-252-103-203-102-202-52-/281134872367?hash=item4174f1b72f

Wheety wrote: »
    Can you recommend one of these? I read in another thread that some of the Amiko ones don't work with Enigma 2 (the image I'm using)

You don't want a wifi dongle, they won't work on a lot of enigma images.

A wifi adapter is what you need, one that you plug in the wall, it picks up the wifi and connects to amiko via Ethernet cable.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1070754.htm

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement