Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

givecredit wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend plugging in a usb stick. Does not have to be a big one. 4gb is fine. (As long as you do not record)

This one works fine with OpenATV 5.1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-THNU08HAYWHT-TransMemory-Flash-Drive/dp/B00OCDQGYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444924210&sr=8-1&keywords=toshiba+usb+stick

thanks.

I might have been a little too hasty with my last post...:o

I have formatted a 500gb 3.0 Toshiba HD in SPARK ,and mounted it via Telnet in Enigma - all looks a lot better now, and box seems to be able to breath a little better.

Thanks for the advice lads.

One question but...
    I made some recordings last night and it made some channels black out whilst the recordings being made.

I have two Sat feeds and a Ter feed into the box configured:

TUNER A = DVB-T
    TUNER B = DVB S2 Astra
    TUNER C = equal to Tunder B

any idea why whilst a recording being made I couldnt view some channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

were you recording something on dvbT and trying to watch something on the other dvbT mux?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

thanks.

I might have been a little too hasty with my last post...:o

I have formatted a 500gb 3.0 Toshiba HD in SPARK ,and mounted it via Telnet in Enigma - all looks a lot better now, and box seems to be able to breath a little better.

Thanks for the advice lads.

One question but...
    I made some recordings last night and it made some channels black out whilst the recordings being made.

I have two Sat feeds and a Ter feed into the box configured:

TUNER A = DVB-T
    TUNER B = DVB S2 Astra
    TUNER C = equal to Tunder B

any idea why whilst a recording being made I couldnt view some channels?
    If it was terrestrial then you can't view from a different Mux while recording from another. Terrestial is split over two Multiplex, formally known as channels. if you were recording off satellite, and if your other tuner had been streamimg, then both tuners are occupied. Somtimes Enigma does not release a tuner when it has been recording, time shifting or streaming, and you need to reboot. It could also be that you have a timed event which overlaps the current tuner use, though I'm not so sure of this, I rarely record and seldom two at a time.

were you recording something on dvbT and trying to watch something on the other dvbT mux?

Yea I was aware of this . thanks

deezell wrote: »
    If it was terrestrial then you can't view from a different Mux while recording from another. Terrestial is split over two Multiplex, formally known as channels. if you were recording off satellite, and if your other tuner had been streamimg, then both tuners are occupied. Somtimes Enigma does not release a tuner when it has been recording, time shifting or streaming, and you need to reboot. It could also be that you have a timed event which overlaps the current tuner use, though I'm not so sure of this, I rarely record and seldom two at a time.

I understood I could record one Sat channel whilst watching another, and the problem doesn't seem to be consistent.

(eg) I was recording a movie on SKY MOVIES and could watch another movie on a different movie channel, but I couldn't watch any of the SKY Sports channels?

Yea I was aware of this . thanks

I understood I could record one Sat channel whilst watching another, and the problem doesn't seem to be consistent.

(eg) I was recording a movie on SKY MOVIES and could watch another movie on a different movie channel, but I couldn't watch any of the SKY Sports channels?

Sky movie channels are all on the same satellite TP, so you can watch and record/stream any combination of these from a single tuner. If your second tuner is properly configured, then you can watch from a different TP while recording from another. Can you watch a free to air satellite channel while recording another channel from a different TP, eg, watch BBC1 while recording a movie.

• Advertisement

Sky movie channels are all on the same satellite TP, so you can watch and record/stream any combination of these from a single tuner. If your second tuner is properly configured, then you can watch from a different TP while recording from another. Can you watch a free to air satellite channel while recording another channel from a different TP, eg, watch BBC1 while recording a movie.

should i be able to record on SKY movies and watch SKY sports with the following Tuner config:

TUNER A = DVB-T
    TUNER B = DVB S2 Astra
    TUNER C = equal to Tuner B

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

should i be able to record

TUNER A = DVB-T
    TUNER B = DVB S2 Astra
    TUNER C = equal to Tuner B

Go to your emu emulator manager (just hold the blue button for 2 seconds if using hyberon image) and change the c01 c A1 setting to disabled (use the left/right on your remote) (could have that arseways. Not at home atm. anyway change the setting ) this will allow you to view one and record another, as deezell described above.

Your tuner config is correct.

Slevster wrote: »
    Go to your emu emulator manager (just hold the blue button for 2 seconds if using hyberon image) and change the c01 c A1 setting to disabled (use the left/right on your remote) (could have that arseways. Not at home atm. anyway change the setting ) this will allow you to view one and record another, as deezell described above.

Your tuner config is correct.

cheers pal will give it a go when i get home and let ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Hi,

I haven't been looking at this thread for a while and couldn't find anything on this subject: I currently have OpenATV 4.2.
    Can I upgrade to 5.1? Or do I have to reflash everything?

There was some post from a year ago that a person couldn't upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 so I am not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

Hi everybody, have been following this thread for a while and have found it very useful.
    Need help though.
    I cannot get my head around how i install missing picons, mostly fta ones, saorview ok, on my hyperion 4.5 e2 image. Is there a place to download them from for 28.2e and where can i ftp them with filezilla, as the plugin picon downloads are hard to understand and seem to flood my flash memory and make it unstable.
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

unit 1 wrote: »
    Hi everybody, have been following this thread for a while and have found it very useful.
    Need help though.
    I cannot get my head around how i install missing picons, mostly fta ones, saorview ok, on my hyperion 4.5 e2 image. Is there a place to download them from for 28.2e and where can i ftp them with filezilla, as the plugin picon downloads are hard to understand and seem to flood my flash memory and make it unstable.
    Thanks in advance.
    Heres Rats last service referenced list before he changed to service name
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s8p6nrmjq...wOEOmTWYa?dl=0
    FTP the contents of this to /usr/local/share/enigma2/picon.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

Thank you for your prompt help. Things have improved somewhat but many itv more 4 and movies channels picons are still missing. I think I have the gist of it now and probably need to do a bit more digging.
    Am I missing something or is it not strange that there is'nt a catchall picon download in the plugins.
    Anyway thanks for the info.

deezell

Slevster

that worked a treat lads. Thanks

unit 1 wrote: »
    Thank you for your prompt help. Things have improved somewhat but many itv more 4 and movies channels picons are still missing. I think I have the gist of it now and probably need to do a bit more digging.
    Am I missing something or is it not strange that there is'nt a catchall picon download in the plugins.
    Anyway thanks for the info.

The most popular one I think is Rat's Picon updater, but see the recent thread about service named v servive referenced picon names, whence service named won't appear on the cool guide. If I remember rightly, using Autoboquets to update channels and create a default Bouquet set also has a picon setting. Im not sure exactly what it does, though I remember that it changed a lot of the picons to different looking ones when I used it. I've always just used the rats picon file without using his updater plugin. I extracted the url of the picon list from this plugin script and I posted this many tlmes (I hope Rat doesn't mind). This list is now service name instead of service reference, that is, the actual picon filenames are the channel name, e.g., More4.png, whereas before they were the long string of numbers that identified the tuner setting used to get that channel. The dropbox file I posted is the last set of service referenced that Rat posted. I have all the picons that you say are missing, so the only reason they are not appearing could be that you have older tuning information for a channel, so its service reference doesn't match the picon filename. I've explained in a previous post how to rename the picon your'e seeking from rats new service named list to the service reference name, and FTP it in, if you want to reread those posts from a few months back. EDIT, I do remember what autobouquets does or did. It populated the picon folder with a list of picons which were neither service name or service reference, just numbered, and it also populated the picon folder with service named file links, pointers to these numbered picon file which matched the channel reference. Kind of complex and messy, especially as you couldn't save the links or redirects or whatever they are called to a PC backup, only the numbered picon files.
    EDITEDIT They are called Symlinks. A service named file ala Rat is just the channel name, More4.png for example.
    A service referenced picon is 1_0_0_10E6_966_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png as an example.
    A Symlink picon has two parts, the actual picon file, a simple numbering convention, 282E_2082.png for example,
    and the symlink which points to it, 1_0_19_22C5_80D_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png -> /usr/share/enigma2/picon/282E_2082.png
    These all coexist in the picon folder

How can i get BT SPORT Extra 1-6?

How can i get BT SPORT Extra 1-6?

11344 H 27500

Channel names are just numbers, 53220, 53230, 53240, 53250, 53260,53297, you can rename these. Currently just a blank place holder, until a program has red button content. No EPG info either. These channels will not show on WebIf when not broadcasting.

11344 H 27500

deezell im bleedin useless (I know) but what do i do with those wonderful numbers?

deezell im bleedin useless (I know) but what do i do with those wonderful numbers?

Do a satellite TP scan, using this frequency, 11344, Polarity (H) and symbol rate, 27500. The channels will be in the bouquet "Last Scanned". Channel names are just numbers, 53220, 53230, 53240, 53250, 53260,53297 . Rename them BT Extra 1-6. and add to your sport bouquet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Here is the latest version of Autobouquetsmaker for the Alien 2.
    Just extract and ftp the file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Systemplugins/

I updated the repository with a few plugin updates
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa?dl=0

Zardoz wrote: »
    Here is the latest version of Autobouquetsmaker for the Alien 2.
    Just extract and ftp the file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Systemplugins/

I updated the repository with a few plugin updates
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa?dl=0

Thanks Z, can you confirm that ABM when run will update and populate picons for sat channels as per a recent post query. It doesn't do terrestrial picons though.

• Advertisement

Thanks Z, can you confirm that ABM when run will update and populate picons for sat channels as per a recent post query. It doesn't do terrestrial picons though.

ABM ,Autobouquetsmaker is a different plugin to Autobouquets by Lraizer .
    I think only Autobouquets has picon support ,not ABM.

Most people use Autobouquets on the Aliens as ABM technically has to be slightly patched to run ,the box type needs to be changed as its essentially a Vix creation .
    I just uploaded ABM to give people the option of that .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Heres Rats last service referenced list before he changed to service name
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s8p6nrmjq...wOEOmTWYa?dl=0
    FTP the contents of this to /usr/local/share/enigma2/picon.

Going to give this a go myself when I'm home. I havn't ever had picons work on my Alien 2 and I guess it would be nice to have.

The image I got from another boardsie has the Rats addon, that does download something, but they never appear. Mucked around in settings where you define the picons folder, but nothing ever displays.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Going to give this a go myself when I'm home. I havn't ever had picons work on my Alien 2 and I guess it would be nice to have.

The image I got from another boardsie has the Rats addon, that does download something, but they never appear. Mucked around in settings where you define the picons folder, but nothing ever displays.

Make sure picon folder location is set to the ftp location above. You can save to disc, but it's faster on system memory, it doesn't use a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Make sure picon folder location is set to the ftp location above. You can save to disc, but it's faster on system memory, it doesn't use a lot.

So using FTP drop them all down to where you outlined, then when defining the picon folder, outline that path?

Yeah will give that a lash. Although havn't needed to FTP to my box at all.

Is that ready to go functionality or something I need to setup? I'[m typing this of my home PC via VPN. The Alien 2 downstairs on standby. So maybe could do this right now, if someone could outline a quick and dirty ftp guide :D

*EDIT: Scrap that , searched the thread found a post outlining the passwrod and login credentials, so FTP'd succesfully, dropping files now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Hi guys,

I'm running a derivative of Hyperion 4.5 (possibly from Freshpotts).

I'm perplexed here, and it's clearly just me. E4 may have gone blank for me a few weeks ago, E4+1 went blank a few days ago. C4/C4+1/More4 are all blank. Everything else is good. C4HD, all bbc/itv.

I ran autobouquets and used what it found. Still blank. Curiously, in the FTA section of the bouquets it no longer has any of the missing channels. It seems the box thinks they are encrypted.

I booted into Spark, and all channels are seen no problem, so it's not hardware or the dish.

Any suggestions before I install a new clean image? and recommendations for an image. Since the Enigma firmware thread closed it's hard to see the options easily now.

Ix.

ixtlan wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm running a derivative of Hyperion 4.5 (possibly from Freshpotts).

I'm perplexed here, and it's clearly just me. E4 may have gone blank for me a few weeks ago, E4+1 went blank a few days ago. C4/C4+1/More4 are all blank. Everything else is good. C4HD, all bbc/itv.

I ran autobouquets and used what it found. Still blank. Curiously, in the FTA section of the bouquets it no longer has any of the missing channels. It seems the box thinks they are encrypted.

I booted into Spark, and all channels are seen no problem, so it's not hardware or the dish.

Any suggestions before I install a new clean image? and recommendations for an image. Since the Enigma firmware thread closed it's hard to see the options easily now.

Ix.

I suspect that autobouquets tuned in the Irish versions of E4,Channel 4 ,More 4 etc which are all encrypted on the Irish epg.
    You need to tune in the Uk versions which are free to air.
    Personally I hate the Irish versions of channels ,they are awful.

I asked Lraizer ,the developer ,years ago if it would be possible to switch these encrypted channels for the Uk fta ones on the Irish scan,not sure did he implement it.

TheDoc wrote: »

I think you mentioned that you were using one of my backups ?
    The picons should be included in that ,the folder is usr/local/share/enigma2/picon

My most recent backup has the modified picon renderer file in it so as it will display service named picons as well as referenced name picons.
    I uploaded the file here in case you are running an older backup
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96849024&postcount=4444

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Zardoz wrote: »
    I suspect that autobouquets tuned in the Irish versions of E4,Channel 4 ,More 4 etc which are all encrypted on the Irish epg.
    You need to tune in the Uk versions which are free to air.

Thanks Zardoz. A few weeks ago I had run autobouquet and chosen republic of ireland as the region and that must have triggered the problem. So this time I choose Thames Valley SD (I see no HD options). I re-scanned the sat tuner... and then ran autobouquets again, and the c4 channels appeared under the fta bouquet, and disappeared from my favourites. So I used dreamboxedit to copy the proper ones back into place in favourites.

It's curious that E4+1 at least remained working (even with a cronned daily reboot) until last night when it made a valid recording, before going blank today. But anyhow thanks!

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Redman84

Hi, sorry for going off topic but can anyone help me out, I'm using FileZilla and have used it before but now when I use it none of the folders on the remot site show up, It's driving me mental

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

Redman84 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for going off topic but can anyone help me out, I'm using FileZilla and have used it before but now when I use it none of the folders on the remot site show up, It's driving me mental
    the remote side will be greyed out until it sees a network connection to the remote host

Have you assigned a static IP address to your box ?

otherwise if the router is rebooted the IP address can change

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement