Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Right lads, this is a strange one, a quick reply would be most advantageous!!

Flashed Zardoz latest image yesterday, and was delighted at the channel set up and picture quality!!!!

Came home today, and the Mrs says it's not working!?
    Had a look and I couldn't access oscam port, yet I could access open webif page.
    Network wasn't connected, then was after a test and restart.....
    It's still the same now after a restart, and a 'restart enigma'.
    What can I do???

Edit: went into emu manager and activated it. Can now get into oscam port, but.......channels still not on?

Edit; re flashed image and still the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Imstuck wrote: »
    Right lads, this is a strange one, a quick reply would be most advantageous!!

Flashed Zardoz latest image yesterday, and was delighted at the channel set up and picture quality!!!!

Came home today, and the Mrs says it's not working!?
    Had a look and I couldn't access oscam port, yet I could access open webif page.
    Network wasn't connected, then was after a test and restart.....
    It's still the same now after a restart, and a 'restart enigma'.
    What can I do???

Edit: went into emu manager and activated it. Can now get into oscam port, but.......channels still not on?

Edit; re flashed image and still the same!!
    Did you edit oscam.server file and add your ' details '

I did indeed.

Re flashed twice, it worked on second flash for about 10 minutes before locking up where again I couldn't access oscam, server didn't exist, back to Hyperion 4 for me!!!!

I noted oscam 10000 is on the latest back up where as 9524 is on Hyp' 4, any difference??

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Careful there now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys how do i keep my latest channels bouquets in my order if i use the latest auto bouquets.do i need to change something.

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    Did you edit oscam.server file and add your ' details '

Think we might be skipping over the problem here, when my network was showing as connected I couldn't even view the oscam files /readers etc .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hi guys would anyone that has the alien 2 set up with a 19.2 feed mind giving me a pm just wanna pick someones brain on a few things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I tried that zardoz image using wifi and simular thing happened thought it was wifi , but seems an error in the image

try the vix4 image see what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I've been using Freshpots Hyperion V4.5 for a long time now and I have to say it is the most consistent, reliable image yet. EPG works perfectly, no green screens, remote response is quick. The wife doesn't shout at me anymore... ''The TV channel is frozen, I can't change it.'' So where did I go wrong?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

I use a NAS for recording and also have my other media on the nas, If I add a new file sometimes it does not appear in my media folders and I have to reboot the sat to get them to appear , is there a way to refresh the drive with out having to reboot

• Advertisement

hi guys how do i keep my latest channels bouquets in my order if i use the latest auto bouquets.do i need to change something.

Your Bouquets will not be changed, AB will install a Sky like set at the top of your favourites list of bouquets. Just use Dreambox edit to move yours to the top, but be aware that your list is unaltered, channel references will not point to any channel changes in the newly created AuroBouquets list. If you are using Autobouquets to tidy up missing channels, etc, you will have to manually add them either by copying from the AB created list or from the updated service list.

Joeface wrote: »
    I use a NAS for recording and also have my other media on the nas, If I add a new file sometimes it does not appear in my media folders and I have to reboot the sat to get them to appear , is there a way to refresh the drive with out having to reboot

I don't use a nas so this is just a suggestion, but try some operation which reads/writes to the nas, brief timeshift, epg reload, it might update the box cache of the nas file structure without a full reboot. I presume the unlisted files were added to the nas by another source than the box, a pc for example. Perhaps a cron job is required to periodically look at the nas with some disk command.

Imstuck wrote: »
    Think we might be skipping over the problem here, when my network was showing as connected I couldn't even view the oscam files /readers etc .

Another possible source of your problem is ip conflict, if you have given the new flash a fixed IP but this may have moved to some other device while you were reflashing. Change the network to dhcp, see what ip that puts on the box, test and if all is well with oscam, fix this ip and reserve it in your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Hi,

Anyone having trouble with Dreambox edit Ver:6.0.2.1?

It connects to my Enigma2 and passes all checks in the setup page, but when I try a pull files from my box I get an error:

Capture11.jpg

I have FTP into the box and there is a file named 'settings' in /etc/enigma2 that has read and write properties.

I am lost at this stage.

any ideas?

I
    Hi,

Anyone having trouble with Dreambox edit Ver:6.0.2.1?

It connects to my Enigma2 and passes all checks in the setup page, but when I try a pull files from my box I get an error:

Capture11.jpg

I have FTP into the box and there is a file named 'settings' in /etc/enigma2 that has read and write properties.

I am lost at this stage.

any ideas?
    Have you clicked 'new Enigma2 settings' in Tools/Options

I
    Have you clicked 'new Enigma2 settings' in Tools/Options

I cant see anything titled 'new Enigma settings' but I have selected 'Enigma2 settings' ...see below:

Capture11.jpg

UPDATE:

Seems to be a bug in the latest version so stay away.

rolled back to version 6.0.1.0 and all good.

UPDATE:

Seems to be a bug in the latest version so stay away.

rolled back to version 6.0.1.0 and all good.
    If it's not broken etc.

If it's not broken etc.

Yep 100% and I always live by that especially when it comes Software/Hardware and settled systems.

but my previous Dreambox edit was on an old (now dead) laptop, and I didn't know what version it was, so went for the most recent - my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

I've had three alien amiko 2's for a while now, and every couple of weeks one of them tends to mess up on it's own accord and require enigma to be reinstalled.
    Is this a common practice or could it be down to the fact that I'm using USB sticks for storage? I don't use them for recording at all

The common issues are that the box won't boot up and gets stuck in the loading process
    or
    repeated channel freezing that's software related, as once firmware is reinstalled the box is back to normal

is this just the way these boxes are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Kevin! wrote: »
    I've had three alien amiko 2's for a while now, and every couple of weeks one of them tends to mess up on it's own accord and require enigma to be reinstalled.
    Is this a common practice or could it be down to the fact that I'm using USB sticks for storage? I don't use them for recording at all

The common issues are that the box won't boot up and gets stuck in the loading process
    or
    repeated channel freezing that's software related, as once firmware is reinstalled the box is back to normal

What image are you using ? Is it Openatv ?
    The reason I ask is that I had alot of issues with Openatv getting stuck on bootup when using usb sticks formatted in ext3 for some reason.
    Formatting the stick in fat32 remedied this problem.

Personally I have never had to reinstall an image ,if there is an issue a reboot solves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I'm using a backup I received from this thread which is a Hyperion 4.5 from May 2015.

Everything is working smoothly expect for the samba server.
    I use a few different devices around the house to play back recordings so the samba server plugin is important to me. It doesn't seem to be installed on the backup I received and when I try to enable via the blue panel it says config missing.

Have tried google but after reading 20 odd pages on this thread I can't find the solution, could anyone offer any advice?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I'm using a backup I received from this thread which is a Hyperion 4.5 from May 2015.

Everything is working smoothly expect for the samba server.
    I use a few different devices around the house to play back recordings so the samba server plugin is important to me. It doesn't seem to be installed on the backup I received and when I try to enable via the blue panel it says config missing.

Have tried google but after reading 20 odd pages on this thread I can't find the solution, could anyone offer any advice?

Thanks.
    From distant memory, I got a similar warning the first time I set up Samba. When you enable it and save your settings, that creates the missing config file. It worked perfectly since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

From distant memory, I got a similar warning the first time I set up Samba. When you enable it and save your settings, that creates the missing config file. It worked perfectly since then.

Device is not showing up when I run discovery on the network but I'll have another look. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Device is not showing up when I run discovery on the network but I'll have another look. Thanks.

I was never able to get the Samba Server in PKT to work although as Gerry says there may be some way to get it going.

I made a Samba Server installation guide a good while ago on the now defunct original thread. I think the links still work in it.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

If I setup an enigma 2 box for soar and free view will I be able to stream live TV to Kodi from the enigma box?

Also will the stream be independent of what is being watched on the actual box?
    So let's say the kids are watching cbeebies in the sitting room TV that is directly connected to the enigma box and then I want to view Itv on the bedroom TV that has an android box running kodi or xbmc, can this be done?

At the moment instead of installing another enigma box in as second room and having to run ask the cabling etc I was hoping that you could stream the live TV signal and then that would be good enough for the occasional watching in the bedroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

It is possible to watch and control the box over your network. You can use a web browser to access Webif (web interface) which gives you the ability to stream live or recordings, set timers, etc. The stream is independent of what's being viewed directly on the box. Just be aware that the stream will occupy one of the tuners just like a recording would. If the kids are watching 1 channel and you are recording something else, you can only view the recording channel or the kids choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Hello,

I'm running PKT4 and the image seems to be maybe in need of shifting up because the image seems to be a pixel or three too low along the top edge of the TV. Photo attached.

I looked through the menus in PKT and in the Sony TV menus also but can't see where the image could be adjusted to remove those white lines along the top edge of the screen.

Any advice gratefully appreciated!

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Hello,

I'm running PKT4 and the image seems to be maybe in need of shifting up because the image seems to be a pixel or three too low along the top edge of the TV. Photo attached.

I looked through the menus in PKT and in the Sony TV menus also but can't see where the image could be adjusted to remove those white lines along the top edge of the screen.

Any advice gratefully appreciated!

Flex

I have had appear on the top of my tv screen but only on certain channels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

reni10 wrote: »
    If I setup an enigma 2 box for soar and free view will I be able to stream live TV to Kodi from the enigma box?

Also will the stream be independent of what is being watched on the actual box?
    So let's say the kids are watching cbeebies in the sitting room TV that is directly connected to the enigma box and then I want to view Itv on the bedroom TV that has an android box running kodi or xbmc, can this be done?

At the moment instead of installing another enigma box in as second room and having to run ask the cabling etc I was hoping that you could stream the live TV signal and then that would be good enough for the occasional watching in the bedroom?

Have you considered using raspberry pi?? I use 2 one in bedroom and the other in front room. I use a pvr client on both and point it to AA2 I'll post you thread that I follow to set this up. Great job.

BobbyT28

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement