Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Yeah this is a very strange issue with the BBC HD Channels now appearing at all on the Transponder!

It is the same in Spark and Enigma so it really has me stumped now!

I may have to change the LNB as a last resort but very strange that it only seems to be this transponder and channels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hi,

Me again!!

Having awful trouble with hyperion 4.5 over the last 2 weeks.

Not why it started. Freezing constantly when in setup or menus, when watching recorded programs when I go to fast ford it could take 20 seconds for forwarding to start then it starts.

Then it could just freeze as in, watching recorded program and go to fast forward and it's no responsive.

Autotimers I set are all gone.

So I was thinking that my 10year old WD HDD was on the way out or not cut for it, so I got my seagate expansion 1TB HDD and formatted that to ext3 in sparks. Boot into enigma and mounted sda1.
    In mount manager I mounted:
    Mount point 1 /hdd on dev/sda1
    Mount point 2 /media on dev/sda1

I have crossepg of pointed to expansion HDD

Recording path correctly I believe .
    /expansion/hdd/movie or something like that.

Also I have crossepg to do a download at 04:00 everyday and recently when I come down in the morning it's on green screen!!!!

Anyone know what this could be?

Can you point me where to get crash logs that I could
    Upload so someone could shed an eye on them and maybe spot something I'm doing wrong!!

Thanks
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

reni10 wrote: »
    Yeah this is a very strange issue with the BBC HD Channels now appearing at all on the Transponder!

I may have to change the LNB as a last resort but very strange that it only seems to be this transponder and channels!

I'm using a different box too - Edision Optimuss but happened to see your post.

Over in Edision post chap reckons it could be dish alignment. I'm not too sure given others have same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Happened after the windy night by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Slevster wrote: »
    Happened after the windy night by any chance?

No did not happen after the windy night, I even had the satellite signal finder on the dish and the signal is coming through really strongly so I will just have to try a new FConnector first, then cable and then finally LNB!

• Advertisement

No did not happen after the windy night, I even had the satellite signal finder on the dish and the signal is coming through really strongly so I will just have to try a new FConnector first, then cable and then finally LNB!

New cable could/may work out more expensive and more hassle. Unless its crappy or has an obvious poor joint/break/stripping , your cable should carry at least a passable signal. (Assuming you are now carrying it over a huge distance)
    Replaced my lnb a few weeks back for about €15
    (Was getting a blank screen/screen freezes, or tune failed message on channels before changing. The signal strenght would be ok and would suddenly drop. Water got in around the connectors on the lnb)

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi,

Me again!!

Having awful trouble with hyperion 4.5 over the last 2 weeks.

Not why it started. Freezing constantly when in setup or menus, when watching recorded programs when I go to fast ford it could take 20 seconds for forwarding to start then it starts.

Then it could just freeze as in, watching recorded program and go to fast forward and it's no responsive.

Autotimers I set are all gone.

So I was thinking that my 10year old WD HDD was on the way out or not cut for it, so I got my seagate expansion 1TB HDD and formatted that to ext3 in sparks. Boot into enigma and mounted sda1.
    In mount manager I mounted:
    Mount point 1 /hdd on dev/sda1
    Mount point 2 /media on dev/sda1

I have crossepg of pointed to expansion HDD

Recording path correctly I believe .
    /expansion/hdd/movie or something like that.

Also I have crossepg to do a download at 04:00 everyday and recently when I come down in the morning it's on green screen!!!!

Anyone know what this could be?

Can you point me where to get crash logs that I could
    Upload so someone could shed an eye on them and maybe spot something I'm doing wrong!!

Thanks
    BobbyT28

Anyone? Have the misses moaning down the phone about it now!! :D:D

Regards,
    BobbyT28

Anyone? Have the misses moaning down the phone about it now!! :D:D

Regards,
    BobbyT28

Did you try re flashing? (For convience , make a backup first, and make a backup of your channels with dbe and mount your hdd after flashing)

Also have you all tuners connected (a doggy connection on the t2 tuner can have an effect as described (actually on re reading, your issues don't match the poor connection scenario). no harm in checking your soarview reception)

There's also the XTrend ET10000.....I don't like menu lag and the odd freeze up if my Alien 2 is trying to do too many things at once. But I have doubts I really need to pay a lot more for a receiver that will end up giving me a very similar experience to the AA2 overall.......

Flex

Agree. Will keep the powder dry for another while.

In the mean time , will keep an eye on the thread that Z posted a link to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

New cable could/may work out more expensive and more hassle. Unless its crappy or has an obvious poor joint/break/stripping , your cable should carry at least a passable signal. (Assuming you are now carrying it over a huge distance)
    Replaced my lnb a few weeks back for about €15
    (Was getting a blank screen/screen freezes, or tune failed message on channels before changing. The signal strenght would be ok and would suddenly drop. Water got in around the connectors on the lnb)
    where u get lnb for 15 euro.i think that might be happening to mine

• Advertisement

where u get lnb for 15 euro.i think that might be happening to mine

The folks in portarlington . ordered through adverts. TV tech, were their name I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Has anyone successfully got HDMI-CEC control working with Hyperion 4.5?

My TV is wall mounted with the box on the other side of the wall, i know I can use dreamdroid to control it but the samsung TV supports HDMI-CEC and this works very well with an Android box on the same TV, would pass the wife test if I could get it working.

Did you try re flashing? (For convience , make a backup first, and make a backup of your channels with dbe and mount your hdd after flashing)

Also have you all tuners connected (a doggy connection on the t2 tuner can have an effect as described (actually on re reading, your issues don't match the poor connection scenario). no harm in checking your soarview reception)

Right, So the box started acting up again just before the ireland, typical!

So I though maybe it was something to do with the skin, so I decided to change back to default! Bad idea, got into a boot loop, so I did another install of enigma ("reflash" as in I went into my backup folder and copied the 2 files for enigma2 from that onto USB and inserted it into back of AA2 and booted into sparks), finally got the box back up but I got a mesage saying no service check tuner configuration.

Tuner A - Not configured (which is fine)
    Tuner B - Nothing
    Tuner C - Nothing

So I changed Tuner B & C to simple and did a search and its saying Tuner idle!!! Whats that all about? I've never had this issue before.

So I did another install of enigma from my backup and It working again. I was able to enjoy the rest of the match thinking everything seemed to work as normal.

Went to bed, woke up this morning and same thing "no service, tuner not configured"!! I have crossepg to download every night at 4am so when it did the reboot it lost everything again!! I tried to change skin agin just before leaving work this morning and i'm back into a boot loop! :mad:

Wife aint gonna be happy this morning as it's her only day off today, and I ain't got the box out of its loop. In work today so won't be home till 4!

Does everyone have issues like I do, the box needs to be rebooted at least 5-7 times a week. I just seem to have issues after issues, probably something i'm doing wrong I don't know.

Could someone send me a image that they are actually using right at this minute for me to try out.

What is your process when setting up/installing a new image? Should different things be done in a certain order?

Should I be clearing cache and something running in background to keep box healthy, I don't know.

I am currently using Hyperion 4.5 which was working ok for the last few months without issue, then all this started. Shou

Really need some help,

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

It's only a long range shot Bobby but maybe one of your tuners has failed, or a loose sat cable in one of the tuners?
    The crossepg seems to be at some root cause of your problem but you seem to have it set up correctly.......
    Once your home and sort it to have it running, try recording of a different transponder to the one you are viewing, see if it records.

Imstuck wrote: »
    It's only a long range shot Bobby but maybe one of your tuners has failed, or a loose sat cable in one of the tuners?
    The crossepg seems to be at some root cause of your problem but you seem to have it set up correctly.......
    Once your home and sort it to have it running, try recording of a different transponder to the one you are viewing, see if it records.

Hi IMStuck,

Thanks for the reply.

I not sure its a uner issue, I also checked cables are secure, As it was fine before, then I did the reflash which caused this "no tuner configured" error When I did the reflash again it went and I was able to watch TV for a good 3 hours without issue last night.

Then the crossepg rebooted the box in the middle of the night and that no tuner config error returned.

When you say record off a different transponder, do you mean, watch BBC and record something on Skysports? Sorry bit of a newbie! :D

So so futstrating

Thanks again,
    BobbyT28

Hi IMStuck,

Thanks for the reply.

I not sure its a uner issue, I also checked cables are secure, As it was fine before, then I did the reflash which caused this "no tuner configured" error When I did the reflash again it went and I was able to watch TV for a good 3 hours without issue last night.

Then the crossepg rebooted the box in the middle of the night and that no tuner config error returned.

When you say record off a different transponder, do you mean, watch BBC and record something on Skysports? Sorry bit of a newbie! :D

So so futstrating

Thanks again,
    BobbyT28

Odd that it is failing now.
    If you download Zardoz's backup (see his resource , on the first pages of this thread), it is a solid image, which is as good a starting point as you will get.
    You will need to tune in your terrestrial channels and mount your hdd, after flashing.

I remember a member on here having similar issues, with a new box last year. Not sure what the outcome was.

I had similar issues last year, but my crossepg wasn't loading either..
    Is your crossepg downloading Bobby???
    Try 'download now' option to see what happens.
    My issue was a failed tuner on the box, which was remedied by turning said tuner to disable.
    As slevster has said, the image is solid.

If you download Zardoz's backup (see his resource , on the first pages of this thread), it is a solid image, which is as good a starting point as you will get.
    You will need to tune in your terrestrial channels and mount your hdd, after flashing.

I remember a member on here having similar issues, with a new box last year. Not sure what the outcome was.

Thats the image I used before. Ill download it again and reflash it. Whats the best practice when reflashing your Amiko Alien 2?

What mount points should I use when mounting HDD?

Where should recoding path go?

Sorry but just want to double check that I get this right the first time tonight.

Is it ok to send my Bouquet (dreamboxedit) backup to the AA2 when i've reflashed as I have all my channels set up?

Thanks lads and Lassies for the help as always.

BobbYt28

I've set up five for family members & friends, and loaded image with small usb, then turned off box, removed usb and put in hard drive, then switched on.
    Doing this I've never had to load a hard drive manually.
    EPG set to the name of your hard drive, and recording same or hdd/ movie.
    Never any further problems from there myself.
    All the above with Zardoz images.

Thats the image I used before. Ill download it again and reflash it. Whats the best practice when reflashing your Amiko Alien 2?

Sorry but just want to double check that I get this right the first time tonight.

Is it ok to send my Bouquet (dreamboxedit) backup to the AA2 when i've reflashed as I have all my channels set up?

BobbyT28

• Advertisement

BobbYt28

Personally, I always use the back port and force flash. (Have not always had 100% flashing through the spark plugin method, whereas others have. I have often gotten errors, but am convinced that it is a hardware quirk of these boxes)

How long is it since you tuned / updated your channels? If since mid September , your channel list will be fine (lots of freq changes going on before then) .

If you are not using the t2 tuner (think you said you're not) make sure it is off (as you had, I think)

Can't remember off the top of my head re hdd mount, but what you had doesn't look wrong (I think. So long since I mounted, but deezell has a few posts on it on this thread. Search under his name. He knows his stuff)

As stuck suggested, check your tuners. There is a function in menu to allow you to check . can't remember where at the mo. Will check tonight (but do as you suggest, record BBC 1 HD and flick to channel 4) press the info button, and it will show which tuner is being used (a,b,c)

Personally, I always use the back port and force flash. (Have not always had 100% flashing through the spark plugin method, whereas others have. I have often gotten errors, but am convinced that it is a hardware quirk of these boxes)

Really sorry but how do you force flash? I always use the back one aswel.

See attached i've download hyperion from 1st page. I take that all I need to do is copy:
    e2jffs2.img file
    uImage file to USB and

How long is it since you tuned / updated your channels? If since mid September , your channel list will be fine (lots of freq changes going on before then) .

I did a scan around end of sept/oct so the should be ok, all channels work fine

If you are not using the t2 tuner (think you said you're not) make sure it is off (as you had, I think) Yeah I have this set to not configured

Can't remember off the top of my head re hdd mount, but what you had doesn't look wrong (I think. So long since I mounted, but deezell has a few posts on it on this thread. Search under his name. He knows his stuff)

Deezel has been brilliant with giving me help, hoping he sees my white smoke and comes to the rescue!

As stuck suggested, check your tuners. There is a function in menu to allow you to check . can't remember where at the mo. Will check tonight (but do as you suggest, record BBC 1 HD and flick to channel 4) press the info button, and it will show which tuner is being used (a,b,c)

Yeah if you could tell me how to do that later that would be great.

Thanks,
    BobbyT28

Force flash when USB is in by holding in OK button on box then powering on, release ok when 'forc' appears, press down for enigma, then press right arrow.
    'Fact' should appear on led now, press ok.
    Enigma will then flash, takes about 10 mins then will come on tv.

The 2 files you mention should be in one file named enigma2
    No spaces no capitals.
    When it comes on turn off again, take out USB, and plug in hard drive then power on, should be good to go, in my experience at least!

Force flash when USB is in by holding in OK button on box then powering on, release ok when 'forc' appears, press down for enigma, then press right arrow.
    'Fact' should appear on led now, press ok.
    Enigma will then flash, takes about 10 mins then will come on tv.

The 2 files you mention should be in one file named enigma2
    No spaces no capitals.
    When it comes on turn off again, take out USB, and plug in hard drive then power on, should be good to go, in my experience at least!

Chers Man.

I always just stuck those files in the root of the USB (no folder). Will give it a whirl tonight.

Please god this works.

Once I have rebooted after plugging in HDD. Should I need to remount drives. I was told before that you should go to HDD manager and unmount everything as they could be pointing to the sdrives of whoever made the iage backup! I don't know.

When I do mount HDD ill goand do a full autobouqet scan. When thats do I can send my saved Dreamboxedit favourites across?

Is there anything else I need to setup? Swap space, auto clear cache, etc?

Should I be using a paticular skin? I was using
    Kerni-
    skin which is beautiful, would it be ok to use this again?

What about getting picons, I have never had any look with getting these to work.

Thanks a million for all the advise and help its much appreciated.

Regards,
    BobbyT28

Once I have rebooted after plugging in HDD. Should I need to remount drives. I was told before that you should go to HDD manager and unmount everything as they could be pointing to the sdrives of whoever made the iage backup! I don't know.

I have NEVER needed to do this, have heard some do.
    I would just go to the setup on crossepg and see where it is pointing, the name of your hard drive should be there. (I have it formatted to ext3 btw)
    Same with recordings, just go to setup and see where it's going, again name of your hard drive or hdd/movie will be fine.

Stick to default pli skin for a bit to narrow down the source of any errors that may possibly occur in future, (never heard of 'kerni' skin!!)

I have NEVER needed to do this, have heard some do.
    I would just go to the setup on crossepg and see where it is pointing, the name of your hard drive should be there. (I have it formatted to ext3 btw)
    Same with recordings, just go to setup and see where it's going, again name of your hard drive or hdd/movie will be fine.

Stick to default pli skin for a bit to narrow down the source of any errors that may possibly occur in future, (never heard of 'kerni' skin!!)

Cool will let yous know how I get on.

Thanks again folks,

BobbyT28

You should , by right, mount your drive. However, you can check , if the disc is already mounted (blue panel, hdd manager and check free space.) If mounted you should see your device and space. And as imstuck says, if you can see a mount drive, just try a recording. And see does it go to the correct location. And can you view it back. If so, just make sure your crossepg is not set to internal.
    You don't need to run ab . just run dbe , and transfer your channel backups.
    Reboot and hopefully you are good to go.

If not , reboot to spark to check channel reception , as a check on lnb

You should , by right, mount your drive. However, you can check , if the disc is already mounted (blue panel, hdd manager and check free space.) If mounted you should see your device and space. And as imstuck says, if you can see a mount drive, just try a recording. And see does it go to the correct location. And can you view it back. If so, just make sure your crossepg is not set to internal.
    You don't need to run ab . just run dbe , and transfer your channel backups.
    Reboot and hopefully you are good to go.

If not , reboot to spark to check channel reception , as a check on lnb

Right did everything and everything work, could watch tv etc. So no issue with lnb or sat feed. Then I sent my dbe files to enigma and restarted enigma. Now im getting tuner failed.

It looks like dbe is causing me to get tuner not configured error.

Gonna try another force flash

BobbyT28

Right did everything and everything work, could watch tv etc. So no issue with lnb or sat feed. Then I sent my dbe files to enigma and restarted enigma. Now im getting tuner failed.

It looks like dbe is causing me to get tuner not configured error.

Gonna try another force flash

BobbyT28

Tuner failed on all channels?

OK. Would be no harm updating your satellite xml , and rescanning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If dbe is causing problems, take a look at the folder on your PC where dbe backed up your settings. You should see files like "userbouquet.favourites.tv" and other .tv files. You will also see a file "bouquets.tv" These can be copied and FTP'ed to the box manually if you really need to keep your existing lists. Copy to "/etc/enigma2"

PS files named xyz.radio are the radio favourites list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement