Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

ok i have the file in my right side pane now, do i create a new empty folder called /etc/enigma2 and place it in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

how.gareth wrote: »
    ok i have the file in my right side pane now, do i create a new empty folder called /etc/enigma2 and place it in it?
    in the main configuration screen in the grey area does it say
    Telnet connected
    Ftp connected
    Enigma 2 detected

Technofobe wrote: »
    in the main configuration screen in the grey area does it say
    Telnet connected
    Ftp connected
    Enigma 2 detected

just says ftp connected
    telnet connected
    bootmanager not found

yep green line from pc to receiver to router, if i click on ftp protocol it says login with user and pass, i have user-root password-blank.

I think the password should be
    user root
    password root

aha! now your talkin :D

• Advertisement

when you click on ftp you should see a load of folders in the left hand payne one of these should be etc
    and inside that there should be one called enigma2

Did you assign a fixed IP to the box
    Did you reboot the box

when you click on ftp you should see a load of folders in the left hand payne one of these should be etc
    and inside that there should be one called enigma2

Did you assign a fixed IP to the box
    Did you reboot the box

sorry not sure on the fixed IP? i just clicked on connect when i opened dcc and it did a scan and connected to everything, when i get to type that command into telnet it says "not found"

sorry not sure on the fixed IP? i just clicked on connect when i opened dcc and it did a scan and connected to everything, when i get to type that command into telnet it says "not found"
    Did you get the list of folders in the left hand side and you opened
    etc then engima 2 then highlighted the .sh file then pressed the arrow in the center to copy the file over
    you should be able to see it in the left payne

i clicked on etc, then enigma2 and then i sent the file across from the right hand side and i can now see it in the enigma2 file on the left hand side but still no joy on the telnet command

We will have to wait till some of the more experienced guys wade in and tell us if the .sh file is valid for the image you are using
    My guess is that it should be an .ipk file
    But I think we will have to wait

• Advertisement

We will have to wait till some of the more experienced guys wade in and tell us if the .sh file is valid for the image you are using
    My guess is that it should be an .ipk file
    But I think we will have to wait

no need! all your patience was not in vain, i just noticed i was typing the command sh/etc/enigma2/iptv.sh but it is actually sh /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh feckin gap between the sh and the / :o fair play to ye, i can see it up and running on the tv, picture is a bit jerky but thats probably my crappy internet connection, a problem for another day, thanks again

no need! all your patience was not in vain, i just noticed i was typing the command sh/etc/enigma2/iptv.sh but it is actually sh /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh feckin gap between the sh and the / :o fair play to ye, i can see it up and running on the tv, picture is a bit jerky but thats probably my crappy internet connection, a problem for another day, thanks again
    Great stuff well done
    Enjoy :)

well after me success for the first time using ftp and telnet i am trying to update my cooltvguide, i have used champs instructions for installing ipk files and im not havin any luck so far, (suprise suprise!) i have downloaded the new version off cooltvguide.com and used ftp to send it to tmp file but when i type the command in telnet its sayin not found, i am typing this- sudo su cd /tmp ipkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V7.3.0_all.ipk can anyone tell me if that looks ok please?

well after me success for the first time using ftp and telnet i am trying to update my cooltvguide, i have used champs instructions for installing ipk files and im not havin any luck so far, (suprise suprise!) i have downloaded the new version off cooltvguide.com and used ftp to send it to tmp file but when i type the command in telnet its sayin not found, i am typing this- sudo su cd /tmp ipkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V7.3.0_all.ipk can anyone tell me if that looks ok please?

I seem to remember something about this being replaced by opkg but have never done it myself

some images like newnigma and openpli do not accept ipkg command we can use opkg instead

It also does not mention sudo just

at the prompt type ipkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-pluginame.ipk

May be worth a try without sudo

i am using champs ARP which is running perfectly and the only reason i am trying to update the tv guide is everytime i use it i get a pop up on screen telling me a new version is available which i cant stop from popping up. so you reckon those instructions are not valid anymore with this image? has everyone else gotten this pop up for the tvguide aswell?

i am using champs ARP which is running perfectly and the only reason i am trying to update the tv guide is everytime i use it i get a pop up on screen telling me a new version is available which i cant stop from popping up. so you reckon those instructions are not valid anymore with this image? has everyone else gotten this pop up for the tvguide aswell?

No not saying they are not valid just that other forums and posters describe
    .ipkg installs without the sudo cd bit
    Just at the prompt typing the ipkg install and name of the plugin line that you already have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

No need for sudo, you are already logged in as root user with 'super user' rights

i tried it again with just the ipkg install and the plugin name and it now says invalid magic, failed to extract control file

the file is not zipped or anything like that
    should just be the .ipk on its own

Have you tried opkg ?

Could it be a duff download ?

the file is not zipped or anything like that
    should just be the .ipk on its own

Have you tried opkg ?

Could it be a duff download ?

do i just change the letters ipkg for opkg in the file name? or in the command aswell?
    i can re download the file but its from the official site so should be ok i presume? how did everyone else on here update it?

• Advertisement

You could also try an install using DCC as described in this little video
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=4392

might be worth a try

ha savage man i just tried that version via DCC and boom success! its all about finding my lowest intellectual level and sticking to it! im feelin pretty smug at the mo now, 2 attempts at stuff well beyond my technical know how and 2 successes, i might try me hand at creating a totally new image called "idontknowwhatimdoingV1" :p all jokes aside thanks to everyone especially technofobe for stickin with me, i have actually learned a bit of the structure of this linux stuff now

ha savage man i just tried that version via DCC and boom success! its all about finding my lowest intellectual level and sticking to it! im feelin pretty smug at the mo now, 2 attempts at stuff well beyond my technical know how and 2 successes, i might try me hand at creating a totally new image called "idontknowwhatimdoingV1" :p all jokes aside thanks to everyone especially technofobe for stickin with me, i have actually learned a bit of the structure of this linux stuff now
    It is all part of the fun
    The wife thinks I got this box to get rid of sky & another bill
    I really just got it as another gadget :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Hi,

I've just got an Amiko Alien2 triple and wanted to upgrade to

Enigma.

I was going to use image file:
    HDMU_11361_E2_spark7162_211_git_5519_nodebug_gst_Flash

My System:
    SysVer : 1.2.72
    AppVer : 1.2.72
    DBase : 1.1.0
    Kernel : 2.6.32-00
    UBoot Ver : 1.1.002-4
    Last Update : May 1 2014

I can't seem to activate the E2upgrade plugin ??

Following this advice:

LINK :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057246289

"1. Download the E2 Plugins from the following link

http://goo.gl/bcSWub. Take the whole folder and copy it to

the root of any USB stick
    2. Boot the box into the default Spark operating system.

3. Insert the stick into the box. The system will see the

stick being installed and prompt for the installation of the

plugins - say "Yes"

I've done all that and it reacts as described, saying it has

done the plugin change.

However nothing seems to have changed. The only plugin listed

is still the 'calculate' app.

In an earlier guide by 'Pog My Thoin'

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056882713

It said:

Then you need to install the e2upgrade plugin, it's available

here in this pack (broken link ). Extract the plugin to your desktop and use

Filezilla to connect to your box and copy both the bin and

keys folders to the /root/plugin/var directory (overwrite).

You'll find the IP of your box under System-->Net

setting-->ipconfig, the default FTP login on Spark is

username "root", password: "root".

These seems to be two different ways to do the upgrade.

So, I tried the second (older) method

I used FileZilla to see the file structure on the STB and copied
    the two folders onto the STB.
    Then the plugins were listed for access after reboot, but the E2upgrade
    plugin would not respond to the activate [red] button other then to throw a black screen for a few secs.

Rebooting did not help matters.

I'm a little puzzled at this stage.

Still booting into Spark :)

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Anchises wrote: »
    I used FileZilla to see the file structure on the STB and copied
    the two folders onto the STB.
    Then the plugins were listed for access after reboot, but the E2upgrade
    plugin would not respond to the activate [red] button other then to throw a black screen for a few secs.

Rebooting did not help matters.

When your in the plugins menu with e2 upgrade highlighted have you pressed ok to start the plugin? Pressing red when the plugin has a stop beside it would do as you described.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    When your in the plugins menu with e2 upgrade highlighted have you pressed ok to start the plugin? Pressing red when the plugin has a stop beside it would do as you described.
    Like Fresh said sounds to me like your plugin is already running
    is there a little green play symbol like in the third picture in post 2
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056882713

Also bear in mind that the e2 upgrade plugin is only the plugin for installing an image like enigma or openARP it is not the image itself
    after you install the e2 upgrade plugin
    you take out your usb key and erase it

Sometimes you may need to try a different usb key as not all are supported

copy your enigma2 image on a blank usb key and put back in the key sometimes it has to go in the rear usb port

then boot spark as usual go into plugins if its green
    with the usb inserted press the red to start the OSD
    navigate to your folder and press red to install

Thanks for those responses.

I had the images in a folder 'Enigma1' on the same USB stick. I'll put it on it's own key and try the back USB socket (I was using the front one).

Also the e2upgrade line will have a green button if started ? or red button
    if stopped. Is that right ?

I may not have tried the OK button to start the plugin - maybe only the red option.

Will try again.

Thanks

A.

No joy starting the plugin.

I have 12 plugins listed.

The e2upgrade is listed as
    'plugin_e2plugin.s' - Is that the correct one ? Does not match the pic as in Pog's tutorial.

Should I be able to get the plugin indicator to show green at this stage , with no USB stick in.

When I try to start it , a dialog box flashes up for a sec saying 'Starting plugin... Please wait ' (or something like that - it's very fast)
    and it still is showing red for stopped.

My understanding is that I am simply enabling the plugin, so that when I insert the image files USB and reboot it will look in the USB stick and upgrade.

BTW: I skipped the stage of downgrading to the older version of Spark (1.2.151 ?) , since it was suggested somewhere in this listing that it was not necessary to do that and it's no longer available on Spark's site.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Anchises wrote: »
    No joy starting the plugin.

I have 12 plugins listed.

The e2upgrade is listed as
    'plugin_e2plugin.s' - Is that the correct one ? Does not match the pic as in Pog's tutorial.

Should I be able to get the plugin indicator to show green at this stage , with no USB stick in.

My understanding is that I am simply enabling the plugin, so that when I insert the image files USB and reboot it will look in the USB stick and upgrade.

BTW: I skipped the stage of downgrading to the older version of Spark (1.2.151 ?) , since it was suggested somewhere in this listing that it was not necessary to do that and it's no longer available on Spark's site.

A.

Plug in the usb where you have 2 files in an enigma2 folder, you'll see an icon notification that the key is mounted. Open plugins, navigate to the e2upgrade plugin and press ok until it goes green, then press red to activate the plugin. It will show a path, press ok and navigate into the folder where you have the two files and press red. Then press red to update

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement