Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Slevster wrote: »
    Tuner failed on all channels?

OK. Would be no harm updating your satellite xml , and rescanning.

Yeah Everything! Was thinking that maybe sat.xml needed to be updated when I say this

can I just replace sat.xml in dbe location and send to box again and reboot enigma?

USed http://satellites-xml.eu/ to generate 28.2 for all channels

regards,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I wouldn't mess with the satellite.xml just yet. The one on Zardoz's image should do for now. You are only adding more variables into the troubleshooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Go to satellite.org and generate a xml file, then Place in :etc/enigma2

Then reboot and scan your channels

I wouldn't mess with the satellite.xml just yet. The one on Zardoz's image should do for now. You are only adding more variables into the troubleshooting.

When did he update his back up? If only recently then, yeah shod be fine, but if not, then the XML file is out of date (but as I am writing this, I would imagine he has updated recently)

Back in action for now.......

Replaced sa.xml file with new one download from satellite generator.

Copied it into the dbe folder and resent files to aa2. Restared and entered my OSCAM and restarted that.

Every is working. I think it was the xml file causing the problems.

Anyone ever come across this before?

I can see that my HDD is mounted on sda1

Have crossepg point to HDD. I left recording path alone as it ws set to /HDD/medi so I take it that this is pointing to HDD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

When did he update his back up? If only recently then, yeah shod be fine, but if not, then the XML file is out of date (but as I am writing this, I would imagine he has updated recently)

I'm pretty sure if you run Rats Bouquet updater it will automatically update you xml file to latest one

I updated my Alien 1 backup a few weeks ago ,my Alien 2 backup is from early September.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if you run Rats Bouquet updater it will automatically update you xml file to latest one

I updated my Alien 1 backup a few weeks ago ,my Alien 2 backup is from early September.

Big big thanks to Slevester and Imstuck a hugh help today.

Zardoz,

Cheers, will remember that for the next time.

How the hell do I get picons to work?

Never had them on the last image.

BobbyT28

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Back in action for now.......

Replaced sa.xml file with new one download from satellite generator.

Copied it into the dbe folder and resent files to aa2. Restared and entered my OSCAM and restarted that.

Every is working. I think it was the xml file causing the problems.

Anyone ever come across this before?

I can see that my HDD is mounted on sda1

Have crossepg point to HDD. I left recording path alone as it ws set to /HDD/medi so I take it that this is pointing to HDD.

Is it after reboots that you have bother? I

Big big thanks to Slevester and Imstuck a hugh help today.

Zardoz,

Never had them on the last image.

BobbyT28

And Gerry too.

Is it after reboots that you have bother? I

I'm not really sure TBH.

The issue with green screen during the night when crossepg restarted box only started recently.

How have you got crossepg set, daily ? Do you have let it reboot after crossepg downloads epg?

any other tips to make the box run smooth and hassle free?

The default skin is large on the screen, is it possible to make it smaller?

Regards,
    BobbyT28

• Advertisement

And Gerry too.

And Gerry! :o

Sorry Gerry just got all excited when the box came back! More so that I won't be getting a slap when the wife gets home! :D;)

BobbyT28

I'm not really sure TBH.

The issue with green screen during the night when crossepg restarted box only started recently.

How have you got crossepg set, daily ? Do you have let it reboot after crossepg downloads epg?

any other tips to make the box run smooth and hassle free?

The default skin is large on the screen, is it possible to make it smaller?

Regards,
    BobbyT28

Have mine set to once a day ( 4am). I don't have any auto reboot ,just do it when it feels slow.
    Try rebooting. If all ok, then load your kerni skin (you could do a back up first, if you want). Make sure you configured/ disable tuners as required- if t2 ain't connected and not disabled, it will give you all sorts of bother. Also take a note of your signal strength on all your tuners , for reference.

Have mine set to once a day ( 4am). I don't have any auto reboot ,just do it when it feels slow.
    Try rebooting. If all ok, then load your kerni skin (you could do a back up first, if you want). Make sure you configured/ disable tuners as required- if t2 ain't connected and not disabled, it will give you all sorts of bother. Also take a note of your signal strength on all your tuners , for reference.

Might leave it this way for a week or so. Just to see how I get on. Then I'll switch to kerni skin.

Have T2 set to not connected.

Whats the best way to backup enigma?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Whats the best way to backup enigma?

BobbyT28[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head...
    Turn off box
    Remove hard drive from back
    Insert Fat32 formatted USB stick
    Boot into Spark
    Go to (I think) Menu - Plug in - plugin_e2upgrade.s -Press OK.
    Update path will show something like storage/c/.
    Press the green button to back up E2 an it will be done pretty quickly.
    That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

I have always kept a back up on my hard drive, do as the above post says, in spark

Zardoz,

They should be preinstalled on my backup or else run the Rats picon updater to update them.

Zardoz wrote: »
    They should be preinstalled on my backup or else run the Rats picon updater to update them.

Will they appear on cooltv Zardoz? After I've used auto bouquets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Imstuck wrote: »
    Will they appear on cooltv Zardoz? After I've used auto bouquets?

There was a good discussion here recently regarding Picons, Rats updater, change from service named to service reference, uploading the picons directly to the folder using FTP (DCC) and links to the updaters, the old picons list, and the new service named.
    Recall that service named won't be read by the Cool TV guide, LRaiser who wrote this plugin was being asked to change his code to accommodate service named. I've no updates on this. Rats updater will display picons in the standard EPG, but not in Cool. There are ways to keep Cool updated by manually renaming the service named to the service referenced, but first upload a legacy list of service referenced picons to the Picon folder. Don't forget that the picon setting must be turned on in Cool, and CrossEPG I think, for them to display in the first place. Use search and have a look back about a month or two ago, it's all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭yellowbear

Hey zardoz, ive just flashed your hyperion 4.5 image and am wondering how to get the WiFi working. Do i have to install a certain plug in or something. Any help would be great thanks

Edit. It's ok i sorted it out

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Hey lads,

anyone got a picon for YourTv handy.
    Rats updater never seems to work for me....

• Advertisement

yellowbear wrote: »
    Hey zardoz, ive just flashed your hyperion 4.5 image and am wondering how to get the WiFi working. Do i have to install a certain plug in or something. Any help would be great thanks

How did you manage that?

How did you manage that?

Went in to wifi driver setup in pkteam blue panel and changed the driver to my wifi dongle. I was able to manually scan for networks and now I'm having trouble entering the wifi password with the remote. It isn't as responsive as it is in spark. The Wizard didnt work though it said i needed a plug in.

Went in to wifi driver setup in pkteam blue panel and changed the driver to my wifi dongle. I was able to manually scan for networks and now I'm having trouble entering the wifi password with the remote. It isn't as responsive as it is in spark. The Wizard didnt work though it said i needed a plug in.

So it's not sorted then? 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Just a follow up on the issue I was having with not being able to receive the BBC HD channels, it turns out it was the CABLE!

I tried re-aligning the dish, reflashed the box, new LNB and finally new Cable from the LNB to the Box and that was the issue!

Once the cable was changed the channels all came in perfectly!

Some waste of my time trying to solve this issue...

So it's not sorted then?

Hahaha. In a way it is and isn't. I found something about a remote mod (changing figures in a file in enigma to make the remote more responsive). So i'll have a go at doing that tonight and hopefully it'll work better then.

Hahaha. In a way it is and isn't. I found something about a remote mod (changing figures in a file in enigma to make the remote more responsive). So i'll have a go at doing that tonight and hopefully it'll work better then.

If you are using my backup you dont need to change the remote settings ,they are already correct.

I never used wifi on Hyperion but I think it doesnt work well on this image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Im getting "tune failed" message on RT HD these last few days, it had been working fine so I checked lyngsat to see if freq had changed which it hasn't, all other channels are fine, any ideas?
    SAB triplex running hyperion 4.5

If you are using my backup you dont need to change the remote settings ,they are already correct.

I never used wifi on Hyperion but I think it doesnt work well on this image.[/quote]
    I am using your image but the remote is very unresponsive compared to when the box is booted in spark. Do you think there is another issue with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

U
    lensman wrote: »
    Im getting "tune failed" message on RT HD these last few days, it had been working fine so I checked lyngsat to see if freq had changed which it hasn't, all other channels are fine, any ideas?
    SAB triplex running hyperion 4.5

Do you mean the English language russian channel RT, not RTE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

deezell wrote: »
    U

Do you mean the English langusage russian channel RT, not RTE?
    Yeah the English language Russian channel RT, I'm getting the SD version but the HD channel is missing, my freq, symbol rate,FEC are correct

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement