Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

lensman wrote: »
    Im getting "tune failed" message on RT HD these last few days, it had been working fine so I checked lyngsat to see if freq had changed which it hasn't, all other channels are fine, any ideas?
    SAB triplex running hyperion 4.5

There us a change entry on Kingofsat for this dated today/yesterday. http://en.kingofsat.net/channelhistory.php?ch=10653

Frequency. Is 11225 V 23000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

deezell wrote: »
    There us a change entry on Kingofsat for this dated today/yesterday. http://en.kingofsat.net/channelhistory.php?ch=10653

Frequency. Is 11225 V 23000
    I'm nearly sure I have those settings but I'll check

Symbol rate has dropped to 23000, Just checked mine remotely, its at 27500, I'm getting EPG, but no remote screenshot when I ZAP. I'll retune and test, let you know

That TP has changed, channels affected are RT HD, Setanta HD, Premier HD, NHK worl HD. Retune and try

OK, Just retuned that TP remotely, channels appeared in Last Scanned and they're good to go. EDIT. No need to move or reorganise channels, as the TP is is the same frequency, it should just replace the entries on the service list with the new Symbol rate, and channels affected will continue to tune in from their entries in their bouquets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

I just edited the transponder details in DreamboxEdit & changed S/R to 23000 then ftp to box & all sorted, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

mrbloop wrote: »
    Hey lads,

anyone got a picon for YourTv handy.
    Rats updater never seems to work for me....
    Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Here you go

Thanks Gerry...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Rats picons never work for me either....

What's the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

reni10 wrote: »
    Just a follow up on the issue I was having with not being able to receive the BBC HD channels, it turns out it was the CABLE!

I tried re-aligning the dish, reflashed the box, new LNB and finally new Cable from the LNB to the Box and that was the issue!

Once the cable was changed the channels all came in perfectly!

Some waste of my time trying to solve this issue...

Ha. And there was me telling you to change the lnb , and that the cable would have to be really bad to have that effect. Got that one wrong. Sorry for the bum steer.
    Thanks for the follow up

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    OK, Just retuned that TP remotely, channels appeared in Last Scanned and they're good to go. EDIT. No need to move or reorganise channels, as the TP is is the same frequency, it should just replace the entries on the service list with the new Symbol rate, and channels affected will continue to tune in from their entries in their bouquets.

Tuned it remotely . how did you do that?

Hi lads,

the TP-Link Powerline Adaptors Twinpack are just 29.99 in Currys at the moment. I highly recommend!!
    Anyone that has trouble with connecting the box through wifi should really consider these.

Bit of a recent problem for me: just recently whenever I record something using EPG on cooltv, I.e. Recording it in a couple of hours later, by turning it red on cooltv,
    It says a record has started, and shows up in hard drive, only problem the recording is empty, takes up zero space and goes back to recording list half a second after pressing on to play.

Any ideas??

Imstuck wrote: »
    Rats picons never work for me either....

What's the above?

It's just a picon for Yourtv that I was missing. I put it in manually.

Imstuck wrote: »
    Bit of a recent problem for me: just recently whenever I record something using EPG on cooltv, I.e. Recording it in a couple of hours later, by turning it red on cooltv,
    It says a record has started, and shows up in hard drive, only problem the recording is empty, takes up zero space and goes back to recording list half a second after pressing on to play.

Any ideas??

I had this issue before and ended up reflashing, but before you do, go into your emu manager and change Mapping CA1 to CA0 to either enabled or disabled and see what happens.
    This may not be anything to do with it, but it was causing other issues at the same time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

I really need to get the WiFi dongle working on the SAB triple with Hyperion 4.5 on it and I just read that there is issues with WiFi on this setup so has anyone successfully got this going?

reni10 wrote: »
    I really need to get the WiFi dongle working on the SAB triple with Hyperion 4.5 on it and I just read that there is issues with WiFi on this setup so has anyone successfully got this going?

A wifi adapter will sort it all out at €30

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

on the open atv 5.1 you need it connected to ethernet to download the wifi drivers and remove other drivers to then reboot and use wifi

it would be the same issue here as the lads wouldnt have the correct wifi drivers installed on there images as they didnt use it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Is it possibe to take a scart output and a hdmi output from the Amiko alien and send the picture to 2 TVs from the one box? I tried it earlier but could only get the picture on one TV

Slevster wrote: »
    Tuned it remotely . how did you do that?

Using webif and screenshot of OSD, you can fiddle with box while at work

• Advertisement

Tuesday13 wrote: »
    Is it possibe to take a scart output and a hdmi output from the Amiko alien and send the picture to 2 TVs from the one box? I tried it earlier but could only get the picture on one TV

No.

This will sort it
    http://www.freetv.ie/cables/hdmi/hdmi-splitters.html

mrbloop wrote: »
    Hi lads,

the TP-Link Powerline Adaptors Twinpack are just 29.99 in Currys at the moment. I highly recommend!!
    Anyone that has trouble with connecting the box through wifi should really consider these.

Perfect for point to point for a single connection. If you're an EIR(com) customer you can get these ones tplink.jpg
    with two ethernet ports and wireless for the same, 29.99, https://www.eir.ie/accessories/homeplugs/ but if you're not an eircom account customer, its 39,99 in any EIR shop. They were quite rude in the Henry st. shop when I asked to buy instore for 29.99, insisting I had to buy by phone, Dial 1901. I'm a Meteor customer, part of EIR, but they wouldn't let me have them for the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

It is possible to have output from both the scart and HDMI at the same time however you will need to set the A/V settings video output to SCART. This will of course reduce the quality from the HDMI output but works well when using an RF modulator on the scart to send video around the house as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is there any method with the Alien 2 to connect remotely to set something to record?

Somewhat assuming an open source Linux based box has a way.

Totally mistimed a match on today and wondering if it happens again can I set a recording remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is there any method with the Alien 2 to connect remotely to set something to record?

Somewhat assuming an open source Linux based box has a way.

Totally mistimed a match on today and wondering if it happens again can I set a recording remotely.

Yes with apps like dreamdroid for android. Never set it up myself but it shouldn't be too complicated. Have a google and there's bound to be a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

TheDoc wrote: »

You can set recordings from your receivers OpenWebIf web page. You can make that webpage accessible via the net so you could load it up from a smartphone for instance. You have to 'port forward' in your router whatever port OpenWebIf is running on your receiver. Then when outside the house you type in your routers external IP address. Your routers configuration page will give you all that info.

Flex

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yes with apps like dreamdroid for android. Never set it up myself but it shouldn't be too complicated. Have a google and there's bound to be a guide.

Yep dreamdroid with a no IP account works perfectly. Would recommed it. Wrote the time setting it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hyperion 5.1 is out.

Download link to untouched image:https://goo.gl/BK1THD

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Hyperion 5.1 is out.

Download link to untouched image:https://goo.gl/BK1THD

Who wants to go first?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement