Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

are these boxes any good:

http://www.miraclebox.se/product/373/miraclebox-premium-ultra.html

probably not the best place to ask but some of you intelligent lads might have an opinion.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Hyperion 5.1 is out.

Download link to untouched image:https://goo.gl/BK1THD

I'll load it up tonight and put a few of the basics on and see how it performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@ FrostyJim

I'm getting zip corrupted errors. Downloaded twice to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

are these boxes any good:

http://www.miraclebox.se/product/373/miraclebox-premium-ultra.html

probably not the best place to ask but some of you intelligent lads might have an opinion.:)

It would want to be for that price. Seems the same receiver as the Technomate nano 3T or Edision optimuss OS2+ or OS3+, but with 2G of Flash, same Ram and same processor, wireless built in. Prices online ramp up when you start adding in the tuners, hard disk, operating system, which are priced separately. 500€ for three tuners, linux/ Vix and 1TB disk pre-installed at this store
    http://www.satshop.fi/digiboksit/dvb-t2/miraclebox-premium-ultra.html?___store=default&___from_store=fi
    The Technomate 3T is €374 for the same spec, the Edision €300 from Free.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

deezell wrote: »
    It would want to be for that price. Seems the same receiver as the Technomate nano 3T or Edision optimuss OS2+ or OS3+, but with 2G of Flash, same Ram and same processor, wireless built in. Prices online ramp up when you start adding in the tuners, hard disk, operating system, which are priced separately. 500€ for three tuners, linux and 1TB disk pre-installed at this store
    http://www.satshop.fi/digiboksit/dvb-t2/miraclebox-premium-ultra.html?___store=default&___from_store=fi
    The Technomate 3T is €374 for the same spec, the Edision €300 from Free.tv

thanks man

• Advertisement

@ FrostyJim

Getting archive corrupted or password incorrect. Was this archived with a password?

@ FrostyJim

Try this downloaded from PKT forum. No errors when unzipped

https://www.dropbox.com/s/spe596oujumiqu9/PKT_HYPERION_5_1_GM7162_FLASH.zip?dl=0

Downloaded from the PKT site here. You need to register to access download.
    http://www.pkteam.pl/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=7509&sid=10e291c8d29c2a14f870150d1ead345c
    Image for Golden Media 7162, flash version, I assume it will work on AMIKO, SAB triple.

deezell wrote: »
    Getting archive corrupted or password incorrect. Was this archived with a password?

I'll fix that when i get home. No password on it so it must have corrupted. If you're dying to try it in the meantime you can get it from pkteam.pl but you have to register. Probably available on linuxsat ect. also

Edit: or above!

Cheers Deezell and FrostyJim. You'd easily know it's a miserable wet day in the Midlands and I've had enough of room painting for today. Time to find something else to play with ;)

P.S. PKTeam site wrecks my head. I have to create a new ID every time I log, as I rarely visit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anyone going to create an image of the new Hyperion and the usual plugins?

• Advertisement

cronin_j wrote: »
    Anyone going to create an image of the new Hyperion and the usual plugins?

Have a go, just make sure you have a full flash backup of your own 4.5 in case anything goes wrong. It's probably a job for someone with a spare enigma box, My second box is just a plain Edision 2 in 1, keeps SWMBO happy, so I might have a mess around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

set up for multisat - no extra plugins in plugin browser atm

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joeyineire

Great thread lads I'm learning a lot. I have an alien2 gathering dust and I'm a bit of a noob as to what my options are. I'm looking for a pretty stable image, ideally not something that will require a load of updating l, re-installing etc. I seem to spend more time setting it up than actually watching it the last time I had it on the go, over a year at least now.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Guess it's about time I made a backup of current set up. Says alot about how stable (relativity )v4 and v4.5 are, in that I haven't made a backup since march. Have quite a few backups of v3 , v2 and different images from 18months ago.

Remember been a bit sceptical and a little underwhelmed moving from v4 to v4.5 . v4 was very stable, and in some small ways better than 4.5 (eg recording mutliple channels). But 4.5 runs a bit smoother and more robust (less chance of a green screen) . looking forward to the next iteration. But there may be a case of 'if it ain't broken' all hints considering.

Joeyineire wrote: »
    Great thread lads I'm learning a lot. I have an alien2 gathering dust and I'm a bit of a noob as to what my options are. I'm looking for a pretty stable image, ideally not something that will require a load of updating l, re-installing etc. I seem to spend more time setting it up than actually watching it the last time I had it on the go, over a year at least now.

Either flash Hyperion v4.5 or wait for a day or so and one of us here will have created a backup of 5.1 with all the main plugins included. Once you have it set up properly you should need to mess with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Slevster wrote: »
    ... Remember been a bit sceptical and a little underwhelmed moving from v4 to v4.5 . v4 was very stable, and in some small ways better than 4.5 (eg recording mutliple channels). But 4.5 runs a bit smoother and more robust (less chance of a green screen)..

Sounds like I'll just stick with my PKT v4 so! Served me well this past 12 months.

Flex

Sounds like I'll just stick with my PKT v4 so! Served me well this past 12 months.

Flex

that may have sounded a bit more negative than i meant it to be. V4.5 is worth it. But its not a huge change from V4. if you are happy with V4, and you've added the bits an pieces you want, well then, no great need to change. V4.5 incorporated a lot of the fixes, that had to be added manually to V4, eg audio fix. V4.5 is perhaps a bit faster, and smoother. But not dramatically.

Looking forward to trying V5.1- but expect there will be a few things to be ironed out, so from a happy family viewing point, ......

Hyperion 5.1 first impressions...

No obvious major differences so far between 4.5 and 5.1.

3 things I have found so far which may be due to my settings

1. It seems to use ~10% more flash
    2. Exit button doesn't work from some screens such as Cooltvguide.
    3. Front display is time and channel only, no other icons.

I'll investigate further tomorrow.

Further update on Hyp5

Was unable to pinpoint why exit button wasn't working on Cooltvguide. It's probably just one line of code but beyond my limited knowledge. Otherwise perfectly usable. I'm reverting to 4.5 for now. My advice to others for now... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Stick with 4.5 if your happy with it.

Further update on Hyp5

Was unable to pinpoint why exit button wasn't working on Cooltvguide. It's probably just one line of code but beyond my limited knowledge. Otherwise perfectly usable. I'm reverting to 4.5 for now. My advice to others for now... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Stick with 4.5 if your happy with it.

Isn't there a button configurator in Cool config setup, which determines the actions of buttons while in the Cool guide. I recall the Cool non-exit issue being raised in this thread some time ago.
    Gerry, Did you make a flash backup of your 4.5 by going into Spark, or did you use the full backup feature in PKT blue. Sounds odd, but I've only ever flashed Hyperion twice, and that close together when I first dipped my toe in. I've never reflashed since, always managed to solve problems by local changes. As such, I have made a backup using PKT, which seems to be all the root files in an archive, (see image below) but I've not made a flash version. Is the Spark method the only way of creating a flash backup. I'm loath to reboot into Spark, paranoid about messing up my stable system, yet I'd like a bullet proof restore if I start to mess with 5.1.
    Backup files.jpg
    I assume that I can use this archive file to revert back to 4.5 while in 5.1, maybe I'm wrong? Am I wrong to assume theres no other way to make the flashable version of my current image without going back to Spark?

• Advertisement

Cool config allows some button changes but not exit. You can "Zap+exit" but that's a hassle if you only want a quick check of schedules.

The full backup in the blue panel makes a zip (tar.gz) copy of the vital parts. I only ever found it useful if you need to access 1 file from a backup and could never get it to automatically restore. I use Spark to make regular backups and keep several versions on the HDD by renaming each to suit. (remember to use linux format names for the folder. No spaces or weird characters.) Booting into Spark doesn't harm your Enigma image at all. The backup it creates will be a folder called "backup_of_e2" or some such. It will contain "e2jffs2.img" and "uImage" which are an exact copy of your enigma setup. If you point Spark at that folder and select "enigma2 update" it will restore your exact enigma setup in under 2 minutes.

EDIT: Using spark is far faster to make/restore backups compared to the Blue panel backup. ~2mins compared to 15-20

Cool config allows some button changes but not exit. You can "Zap+exit" but that's a hassle if you only want a quick check of schedules.................. Using spark is far faster to make/restore backups compared to the Blue panel backup. ~2mins compared to 15-20

I'll give it a go so! Cool keymap is contained in the file keymap.xml which is in 'usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTV'. Here is a clip of the entries which includes an entry for KEY_EXIT. Check this entry in on your Cool installation keymap.xml file on 5.1.

<key id="KEY_RECORD" mapto="CoolRecord" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_RADIO" mapto="CoolRecord" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_EXIT" mapto="CoolCancel" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_ESC" mapto="CoolCancel" flags="m" />

I assume that you had to add Cool after you imaged as is not in the extensions in the 5.1 image, I had a look at the USB backup version from the PKT site.

Thanks Deezell but I already checked that. It's identical to the working one I have in 4.5
    I noticed in the main keymap.xml they now refer to KEY_HOME rather than KEY_EXIT for every setting. When I tried editing it, nothing worked so it must be a subtle change elsewhere.
    No doubt Zardos or some other brain will figure it out. ;)

Thanks Deezell but I already checked that. It's identical to the working one I have in 4.5
    I noticed in the main keymap.xml they now refer to KEY_HOME rather than KEY_EXIT for every setting. When I tried editing it, nothing worked so it must be a subtle change elsewhere.
    No doubt Zardos or some other brain will figure it out. ;)

As a test you could try assigning some other key to 'CoolCancel', that would show if the Cool code is 'handing off' to the underlying enigma2 GUI. if it works, it would mean that some new feature of 5.1 is intercepting the Exit key as far as cool is concerned. It may also mean that cool as it is developed no longer talks to the undelying enigma2 code, the fault may lie with it, in that it needs to be updated. Strike 1 for 5.1 anyway

Really interesting tutorial on enigma2 development here, if you're even a little bit nerdy. http://www.saunalahti.fi/znark/dreambox/dm7025/enigma2_development_toolchain/

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Hi all,

Been a while since I've been lurking on these parts :) I have 2 existing Amiko Aliens I bought over a year ago which work perfectly fine, just after ordering a new SAB Unix for the parents , and aim to get them up and running in time for Xmas. On my current boxes once I got a copy of a good image on here (I think it was Hyperion v4.5 by FreshPots) at the time, I haven't had the need to change from it, it has been quite solid, bar the rare freeze here and there. Just wondering whether there is a newer version I should consider, or should I just do a backup of my current boxes and put it on the new SAB?

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Hi all,

Been a while since I've been lurking on these parts :) I have 2 existing Amiko Aliens I bought over a year ago which work perfectly fine, just after ordering a new SAB Unix for the parents , and aim to get them up and running in time for Xmas. On my current boxes once I got a copy of a good image on here (I think it was Hyperion v4.5 by FreshPots) at the time, I haven't had the need to change from it, it has been quite solid, bar the rare freeze here and there. Just wondering whether there is a newer version I should consider, or should I just do a backup of my current boxes and put it on the new SAB?

There are other images , oopent (ATV) or vix, or ARP along eith the pli images. There is a new v5.1 release from the pkt folks just released. But for now, you are better off sticking with what works for you. Ie v4.5 .

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

Lads, loving the box, but for some reason all my channels are not displaying what's on now/next.

I've tried performing an NIT scan through AutoBoquets, but it's still not turning up. Been like this for a few weeks. Any ideas on how to fix it?

GWNiall wrote: »
    Lads, loving the box, but for some reason all my channels are not displaying what's on now/next.

I've tried performing an NIT scan through AutoBoquets, but it's still not turning up. Been like this for a few weeks. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Have you ran crossepg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Folks,

Next door neighbour wants to get a sat box after seeing my setup. I've recommend the aa2 but just wondering is there another box that would be slightly better?

My worry is that she is not that tech savvy and don't really want to be getting called everytime something happens.

Can you recommend a box for this that runs enigma2. she wants to be able to record and watch TV. AA2 fits the build would like to use this opportunity to test a different box. Budget is €100-130 maybe a little more with a push.

Was looking at the zgemma does anyone have any experience with this?

Regards,
    BobbyT28

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement