Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joeyineire

Apologies !

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mjatkey

Hi, guys couple of questions trying to build a second Amiko for a friend and was trying to use a back up of my running Hyperion image that I backed up to the HD then FTP'd across to laptop and put it on usb stick in enigma2 folder with uImage file but when I boot the image from Spark plugin tool it comes back with error. If I use an image that I downloaded else where it works ok. What am I doing wrong with my backup? Also has anyone had a wireless dongle working on the Hyperion image, I thought I had on my box but can't seem to get it to work now, When I try the option of testing drivers against each of different types it comes back as device not found. Thanks Martin

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

mjatkey wrote: »
    Hi, guys couple of questions trying to build a second Amiko for a friend and was trying to use a back up of my running Hyperion image that I backed up to the HD then FTP'd across to laptop and put it on usb stick in enigma2 folder with uImage file but when I boot the image from Spark plugin tool it comes back with error. If I use an image that I downloaded else where it works ok. What am I doing wrong with my backup? Also has anyone had a wireless dongle working on the Hyperion image, I thought I had on my box but can't seem to get it to work now, When I try the option of testing drivers against each of different types it comes back as device not found. Thanks Martin

Could be wrong but i don't think wifi adapters work on hyperion images, power plugs are the best alternative.

As for error. Are you backing up via the spark plugin? Also when creating a backup unmount any hdd and turn swap off as the box will look for them and hang on any box you flash with that backup.

Creating a hyperion 5.1 backup as we speak. Will have it up later or tomorrow evening if your interested.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

you will have to activate the wifi drivers to get wifi to work

homeplugs are easier to work enigma from

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Maybe I'm misreading your post but your backup folder should contain 2 files, "e2jffs2.img" and "uImage"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Enigma working very well for over a year now(FreshPots image). One thing I never got around to resolving is when I try and rewind/ff live TV. On the AA remote, sometimes when I click the 'page-' or 'page+' , rewind/ff works fine and then if I try again it will change the channel up/down, any suggestions on how to resolve this? Perhaps a change to the key mappings. The timeshift buttons don't seem to do anything.

Hi Guys, thanks for all your answers fantastic as ever.
    Gerryw asked "Maybe I'm misreading your post but your backup folder should contain 2 files, "e2jffs2.img" and "uImage" "
    Well this is the problem, no it doesn't and every backup I've done has been the same.
    I do my backups through the Hypersion "blue" panel backups all. Obviously this is not the correct way, so do I unmount HDD, boot into Spark and backup e2? Nowso, any idea how to activate the wifi drivers? Tried all the options in the "blue" panel with the disabling the LAN and testing the different types of wireless dongle but no joy.Thanks Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

The
    Hi Guys, thanks for all your answers fantastic as ever.
    Gerryw asked "Maybe I'm misreading your post but your backup folder should contain 2 files, "e2jffs2.img" and "uImage" "
    Well this is the problem, no it doesn't and every backup I've done has been the same.
    I do my backups through the Hypersion "blue" panel backups all. Obviously this is not the correct way, so do I unmount HDD, boot into Spark and backup e2? Nowso, any idea how to activate the wifi drivers? Tried all the options in the "blue" panel with the disabling the LAN and testing the different types of wireless dongle but no joy.Thanks Martin

Hyperion backup is a file Bacup, an archive file of all the root files on your box. You can unzip this and ftp it to you box file by file for backup. The Spark plugins for Enigma2 creates a flash backup, the two files mentioned, this is what you want, so proceed as you outlined in your last paragraph.
    Most here agree that a wired or homeplugs or wifi extender is the best network option for the box, gives it less to do. Some have got wifi dongle working, some say lan must be enabled for wifi to work. This is the case in the new 5.1 hyperion. Wifi receivers with an ethernet lead can be got for very little, mains or usb powered. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00PNC8FUM/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?qid=1448875534&sr=1-8&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=Wifi+receiver+adaptor&dpPl=1&dpID=41xBzndW6NL&ref=plSrch.. Box just thinks it has a wired connection, less to go wrong.

Tuesday13 wrote: »
    Enigma working very well for over a year now(FreshPots image). One thing I never got around to resolving is when I try and rewind/ff live TV. On the AA remote, sometimes when I click the 'page-' or 'page+' , rewind/ff works fine and then if I try again it will change the channel up/down, any suggestions on how to resolve this? Perhaps a change to the key mappings. The timeshift buttons don't seem to do anything.

Buttons 3,6,9 for jump forward by increasing amounts, 1, 4 and 7 for reverse.this works when playing back media recorded, not sure about when in timeshift.

Thanks deezell, perfect so do I just put stick in rear usb or can I use the front usb port to do the backup to? I'll get one of those adaptors ordered too.Thanks Martin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Thanks deezell, perfect so do I just put stick in rear usb or can I use the front usb port to do the backup to? I'll get one of those adaptors ordered too.Thanks Martin

Either port will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Hi,

I've been editing ( fecking about with!) my Bouquets now for a while on and off .
    Somehow I've managed to duplicate all the sub- categories within Freesat UK ?
    ( and lost many).

I'm now missing from every category More4 ( the favorite of 'She who must be obeyed') .
    It's not appearing in the full channel list in DreamBox Edit.

Is there a simple way to clean out ALL channels and start again clean.

My image is Zardoz E2 Hyperion 4.5. It's been rock solid since installed way back, but the channel thing has defeated me :(

A.

Anchises wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been editing ( fecking about with!) my Bouquets now for a while on and off .
    Somehow I've managed to duplicate all the sub- categories within Freesat UK ?
    ( and lost many).

I'm now missing from every category More4 ( the favorite of 'She who must be obeyed') .
    It's not appearing in the full channel list in DreamBox Edit.

Is there a simple way to clean out ALL channels and start again clean.

My image is Zardoz E2 Hyperion 4.5. It's been rock solid since installed way back, but the channel thing has defeated me :(

A.
    Start by getting a fresh satellites.xml file from here, http://satellites-xml.eu/ , for astra 28.2. FTP this to etc/tuxbox on you box. You can then either do a full scan with clear, or run Autobouquets. Your service list will be up to date with current channels and will clear out any dead channels. If you use AB, you can then edit/move around the created bouquets and channels to your own preferences. You will probably need to redo your own favourites bouquet and move it to the top of the bouquets so that button 1 on the remote is your preferred default channel, unless you prefer the sky numbering system (101 for RTE etc.). Try using Webif bouquet editor to edit bouquets and add channels from the service list, the changes are instant, whereas DBedit requires a restart. EDIT as you can run webif in a browser on your phone or a tablet (click full interface if using a phone), you can sit in front of the telly while doing the edits and instantly check the result. Disappear a channel right in front of SHMBO, then make it return again!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

That worked a treat.

One question : What region should i select in AB ? I'm in Cork. I selected London. I seem to remember that being recommended ?

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

OFF TOPIC:

I couldn't find the fight on Saturday night?

I have all the bells and whistle available ;) but my bouquets dont show any ppv...Im having the lads over for the McGregor fight Dec12th and looking to get this sorted.

any advice welcome via PM

ta

mcgregor on bt sport hd2

Anchises wrote: »

That worked a treat.

One question : What region should i select in AB ? I'm in Cork. I selected London. I seem to remember that being recommended ?

A.

I've heard that too, its about which regional ITV and BBC AutoB uses to populate the bouquet, perhaps the signals are stronger and more reliable on the london TPs. Family in Holland used london as the signal was more stable this far south on the astra footprint. You can find all of them in the service list anyway, create your own list or bouquet. I'd have BBC 1 and 2 NI in mine as Pro12 matches can appear here if Ulster are at home to the other provinces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

deezell wrote: »
    I've heard that too, its about which regional ITV and BBC AutoB uses to populate the bouquet, perhaps the signals are stronger and more reliable on the london TPs. Family in Holland used london as the signal was more stable this far south on the astra footprint. You can find all of them in the service list anyway, create your own list or bouquet. I'd have BBC 1 and 2 NI in mine as Pro12 matches can appear here if Ulster are at home to the other provinces.

I recommended London due to a few things.
    Firstly Autobouquets had an issue if Republic of Ireland was chosen ,the channel order was incorrect and a bit messed up .
    Secondly the variations of fta channels it selected were actually the Irish encrypted versions of Channel 4,4+1,More 4,More 4+1 ,E4,etc which was annoying .

AutobouquetsMaker is also an option.
    I think the channel order is a bit better in that ,it seems to have a correct order for the Irish epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Buttons 3,6,9 for jump forward by increasing amounts, 1, 4 and 7 for reverse.this works when playing back media recorded, not sure about when in timeshift.

Thanks - recorded programmes works fine, it's the timeshift(live Rewind/FF) that is the problem. It works fine initially but then on the 2nd/3rd rewind/ff it changes channel.

Thanks - recorded programmes works fine, it's the timeshift(live Rewind/FF) that is the problem. It works fine initially but then on the 2nd/3rd rewind/ff it changes channel.

If you go to blue panel/settings/timeshift you can enable numeric key, which gives the 1 and 3 keys some kind of step forward and back function, but like the arrow keys, a number of presses seems to kill timeshift, bringing the program up to date, at which point the keys revert to their normal function, which is channel select. I've always found the timeshift suspect, perhaps there's a setting somewhere needs toggling. On OpenATV I recall an option to tick "permanent timeshift " I think. This might be what's required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

As deezell recommends.
    Or hit the pause button and then rewind.
    Or I have uploaded a keymap to the firmware thread. I mapped ff and rw to the actual ff and rw buttons. Plus a few other small changes (shortcut to timers and also uses play button to pause, so that I can use the virtual remote in dreamdroid to pause)

Edit: don't know what the red thumb is doing up there, accidental.

If you go to blue panel/settings/timeshift you can enable numeric key, which gives the 1 and 3 keys some kind of step forward and back function, but like the arrow keys, a number of presses seems to kill timeshift, bringing the program up to date, at which point the keys revert to their normal function, which is channel select. I've always found the timeshift suspect, perhaps there's a setting somewhere needs toggling. On OpenATV I recall an option to tick "permanent timeshift " I think. This might be what's required.

I have found the baked in timeshift is/ has been very stable and constistant in h4 &h4.5 mapping the ff/rw buttons makes it straight forward. The ff/rw rates (epg x2,x4,etc) can be set in the record menu
    The plugin l found to be a wee bit finicky.

Slevster wrote: »
    As deezell recommends.
    Or hit the pause button and then rewind.
    Or I have uploaded a keymap to the firmware thread. I mapped ff and rw to the actual ff and rw buttons. Plus a few other small changes (shortcut to timers and also uses play button to pause, so that I can use the virtual remote in dreamdroid to pause)

Edit: don't know what the red thumb is doing up there, accidental.

Can you post a link to the keymap in firmware, can't seem to find it.EDIT. It's ok, found in your older posts.

Can you post a link to the keymap in firmware, can't seem to find it.EDIT. It's ok, found in your older posts.

Sorry about late reply ,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95129054&postcount=3548

Ah- just noticed you found it. (Apologies )

has anyone else had issues with the rte part of on demand player stalling

if found fast forwarding can help

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience setting up or configuring openvpn client on the pkteam hyperion 4.5 image? I've tried various guides on other forums with no joy. Just wondering if anyone has this set up?

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience setting up or configuring openvpn client on the pkteam hyperion 4.5 image? I've tried various guides on other forums with no joy. Just wondering if anyone has this set up?

topper1978 wrote: »
    Hi all,

What is this used for, is it to gain access to On demand services (BBCplayer etc) that are geographically blocked?

Yes, that is exactly it. It looks like it is easier to set it up on the router side than on the Alien 2.

• Advertisement

Similar question to the VPN question - is it possible to configure the box to connect to a proxy server? Can't find anything on the interweb. Has anyone set this up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement