Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Absolutely agree. Pq is very objective.
    But the ability to change is great.

Will thinker with the picture. But diff feel the SD pq isn't as good . will try the v4 and hdmu's elf (if I get the time)

But apart from that, there is a few more options in the User interface section plus a few other options. Recordings handled better. But ultimately, pq is the main criteria to be achieved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Slevster wrote: »

Will thinker with the picture. But diff feel the SD pq isn't as good . will try the v4 and hdmu's elf (if I get the time)

Btw,just to clarify, when I was talking about the different elf files I was referring to v4.5 ,I haven't tried different video.elf files on v5 yet ,I havent had time.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Btw,just to clarify, when I was talking about the different elf files I was referring to v4.5 ,I haven't tried different video.elf files on v5 yet ,I havent had time.

have just tried the hdmu elf , and do notice a difference. used tv3 soarview, e4 and itv+1 as viewing channels. but on first viewing, would say there is an improvement.
    Dont have the video.elf from v4.5 to hand, will need to load it up again and extract, unless some one running 4.5 could provide one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Zardoz wrote: »

So if I Tinker-bell with the the video Elf, I should reduce the Pixie-llation. Fairy enough.

Has anyone used this plugin, 'Remote stream Convert', only 16Kb, to stream between two enigma boxes. Download it here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg9lyw1ht6chpjs/enigma2-plugin-extensions-remotestreamconvert_2.0%2Bgit3%2B4656143-r0_mipsel.ipk?dl=0

It allows you to selectively put the bouquets from the EPG of one Enigma2 box onto another, and when you select a channel from that bouquet it streams from the source box. So the second box might not even be connected to a satellite or terrestrial, just used as player. Very useful for a second room setup, using a cheap one tuner E2 box. I don't have two E2 boxes to try it. It's said to be far simpler to use than the 'partnerbox' plugin which does the same. It works by just creating a bouquet in client boxes where the service fields include the IP of the server box. Not sure about EPG and that, like I say, I haven't tried it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

deezell wrote: »
    Has anyone used this plugin, 'Remote stream Convert', only 16Kb, to stream between two enigma boxes. Download it here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg9lyw1ht6chpjs/enigma2-plugin-extensions-remotestreamconvert_2.0%2Bgit3%2B4656143-r0_mipsel.ipk?dl=0

It allows you to selectively put the bouquets from the EPG of one Enigma2 box onto another, and when you select a channel from that bouquet it streams from the source box. So the second box might not even be connected to a satellite or terrestrial, just used as player. Very useful for a second room setup, using a cheap one tuner E2 box. I don't have two E2 boxes to try it. It's said to be far simpler to use than the 'partnerbox' plugin which does the same. It works by just creating a bouquet in client boxes where the service fields include the IP of the server box. Not sure about EPG and that, like I say, I haven't tried it.
    Doubt that .ipk will work on sh4 boxes like the aa2 but you could extract the files from it and ftp them over to try.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Doubt that .ipk will work on sh4 boxes like the aa2 but you could extract the files from it and ftp them over to try.

That's probably true, but plugin only has to go on the client box, so if that's mips you're quids in. Are there cheap mips based E2 boxes out there, single tuner no frills. Some answers on the Web, nothing definitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

I followed this guide and it worked LINK

Don't forget to change your DNS to the VPN providers DNS to prevent any DNS leaks you can edit resolv.conf
    Hi Kenny, did this work for you on Hyperion 4.5 PKTeam Image or are you using a different image? At work now but will give it a shot later for sure. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the link.

Put together this Hyperion 5.1 backup for anyone that wants to try it. No major changes from v4.5 but uses a less memory and handles recordings a little better.

Firmware was updated from SVN 3242 to 3269 via blue panel

Bits added:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBouquets from 10 Nov 2015 (updates daily at 1am)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1 (updates in standby)
    CoolTVGuide v7.3
    Enhanced Movie Center (turned off atm, looks better with Pli-mod skin)
    FTPBrowser
    HistoryZap Selector (Use recall button to zap back to any of the last 10 channels you have watched)
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9577 (with blank sample reader)
    Rats Picon Updater (Rats picons suit the PLI-mod skin better imo)
    Saorview and uk tv picons (mk picons)
    Samba Server
    Updated satellites.xml and terrestrial.xml files
    Updated channel list
    Updated picon renderer file to display Service Named Picons
    Updated Bootlogo.mvi to a $ly one
    Updated video.elf - Using one found in HDMU to improve picture quality.
    Updated audio.elf - to improve audio and to stop audio dropouts.

(original bootlogo.mvi, video.elf and audio.elf included in download also.)

Download Link: https://goo.gl/PnGHq1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Why not have a go at building yourself. Its pretty straight forward really. If you can make a backup of your current image and use dreambox edit to take a backup of your channels ,(which saves a lot of time), and can use a ftp application, then you will have no problem setting it up.
    After that its just applying the plugins you want. Its a good learning experience, and all here will help with anything if you get stuck.
    Give it a go. It will be like climbing your own Everest (I may be exaggerating that somewhat)

Cheers I would definitely be interested in giving it a go, i can manage making a back up of my current image and can use dreambox edit. Where do I get the basic image to start with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

deezell wrote: »
    So if I Tinker-bell with the the video Elf, I should reduce the Pixie-llation. Fairy enough.

The Elf file (Extensible Linking Format) is closed source ,I think its a hex file so it can't be easily edited.
    I tried to decompile it but it was beyond my programming skills .:(
    Maybe you might have better luck

how.gareth wrote: »
    Cheers I would definitely be interested in giving it a go, i can manage making a back up of my current image and can use dreambox edit. Where do I get the basic image to start with?

Untouched image:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7it37xgjtp2cguz/PKT_HYPERION_5_1_GM7162_FLASH.zip?dl=0

FrostyJim wrote: »

Cheers frosty will try it out over the weekend hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Just noticed yesterday that when I was watching a TV channel on the computer via Open Webif that picture/sound was lagging. Anybody ever have this happen. I have watched TV this way a lot and it never happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Maybe you were recording something at the same time or the signal is not so strong coming from the dish to the box on one or the other cable.

Flex

how.gareth wrote: »
    Cheers frosty will try it out over the weekend hopefully

good on ya.

a very Rough Guide to flashing from scratch:

I usually do a tidy up of any missing channels and the such on my current image before hand- just so I know I have a clean image.
    Then take a back up of your channels using dreambox edit (this is not necessary, but you can use this back up later to save you time and hassle)
    Make a backup of your current image. (Boot into Spark and use the plugin there)
    Be sure to save a copy of this backup (name it something relevant, so you'll can find it easily if needed).
    Personally, I always use an USB stick and the rear port , to do my backups and flashing. It works for me, but you can use which ever method you are comfortable with eg backing up to your hdd and flashing through the spark plugin .
    Now you are ready to flash the new image.
    Put the new image in a folder called "enigma2" and place it on the root of your USB stick and flash (as you would a backup)
    you should see a splash screen as it is loading, and then it will present you with some options
    First one is to pick your video output eg HDMI, Scart and will then ask you to select your output resolution (All this depends on your tv - ie have you a hdmi connection to your tv and can your tv handle 720, or 1080. these can be changed later if you are not happy, but basic setting would be 720 at 50hz)
    you will then be asked about your tuner config.select asia/europe/somewhere else "T" option for terrestial. For the satellite, tunner I select "single" and "simple" (and i think there is an option to select the astra 28.2 atellite in there too. do for tuner a and b. (dont worry too much, as this will be checked/fixed later)
    you will then be aske to configure your web connection. for this set the interface and dhcp settings to yes ,save and move on (you should get a confirmation of your connection, assuming you are hard wired)
    Now you should be flashed. Connect your HDD, ( and use the blue panel- disc - mount to mount )
    Now use dreambox edit to send load up your channels. then reboot.
    once rebooted, press menu,and go to your tuner config.(setup-service search) and tuner B is set to simple , single astra and no, and tuner c is set to equal to b. and that tuner a is set to europe and t and is enabled.
    Now you are done.
    And are now ready to customise.
    If you have set a static ip on your router for your box, you can leave your network settings alone, if not you might want to select a ip address in the network settings for your box
    download your skin of choice, crossepg, coolman guide, (not going into emu side of things here). load up your skin and reboot
    configure your crossepg to save to hdd, and down load form opentv -astra 28.2. you can then download. go to the blue panel and find the kepmapper module. set the epg button to the coolman guide. (after that set up the guide as you wish (press menu once in the epg to change options)
    After that set you your av settings in menu-setup-system. i find colour set to rgb and sound to pcm works for me.
    Then go through the "coustomise" menu and set up to your liking (eg set timeshift to start after 2 sec)

and after all that you are set

and then you'll want to ftp in and change video elf's maybe audio elfs, modify keymaps, add in plugins not available by the download section. (start of with no plugins and only add them as you need them ie see what you need/want for yourself. the fewer plugins the better I always think eg i haven't loaded cache flush plugin as yet)

This is just rough and I am assuming abit of familiarity with the box already exists. I am sure i left out some bits. Others will hopefully correct any mistakes. I have left out setting up paths etc, but will the above will get you along way

and just ask if you are stuck. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Setanta HD and Premier sports HD gone for anyone else?

Edit; ignore sorted after retune

Cheers for all the info Slevster, I'm gonna try set it up tomorrow, I use feck all plugins I think, maybe 3 or 4, I will get started and fire a few questions as I inevitably get stuck on stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Setanta HD and Premier sports HD gone for anyone else?

What is the frequency? I keep trying Manuel scan and nothing coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Maybe you were recording something at the same time or the signal is not so strong coming from the dish to the box on one or the other cable.

Flex

No, definitely not recording, I never record anything! Seems worse on some channels than others!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Is there a way to permanently disable channel editing from the remote.

amd64 wrote: »
    Is there a way to permanently disable channel editing from the remote.

How do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

How do you mean?
    Kids keep deleting or moving channels via remote,was wondering if I can disable this feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

amd64 wrote: »
    Kids keep deleting or moving channels via remote,was wondering if I can disable this feature.

I got a cheapo programmable remote (€7 in Lidl) and only programmed the main buttons to stop an elderly relative accidentally messing with menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jjdela

Hi,

Is there a firmware thread listing the latest backups like before?

I'm just wondering if there is a recent OpenATV image as they seem to perform better for me.

Thanks

jjdela wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there a firmware thread listing the latest backups like before?

I'm just wondering if there is a recent OpenATV image as they seem to perform better for me.

Thanks

Here it is, not been updated in 3 months though and the last openatv backup is from march.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057378184/1/#post96992236

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Having trouble flashing new image to box, I think its not recognising any of the usbs sticks I have tried, any suggestions. Have tried HP format tool

Having trouble flashing new image to box, I think its not recognising any of the usbs sticks I have tried, any suggestions. Have tried HP format tool

Formatted to fat32? Got the two files on root or in a folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

In root, usb, doesn't seem to recognise it.

• Advertisement

In root, usb, doesn't seem to recognise it.

Using the spark e2upgrade plugin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement