Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Ya thats the way I tried it, whats the quick way again of flashing once engima 2 is already installed on box.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Ya thats the way I tried it, whats the quick way again of flashing once engima 2 is already installed on box.

If you are not having any joy flashing using the plugin, then you can use the rear port method (search back through the thread for some good instructions)
    Also , these boxes have some quirks. Is your box relatively new? Some of the older boxes do like to be picky. If you have a USB less than 4gb , you should be OK with any be soon of the box

Slevster wrote: »
    If you are not having any joy flashing using the plugin, then you can use the rear port method (search back through the thread for some good instructions)
    Also , these boxes have some quirks. Is your box relatively new? Some of the older boxes do like to be picky. If you have a USB less than 4gb , you should be OK with any be soon of the box

I tried in with a Kingston 16gb back and front of box, got it flashed then with a San cruzer 32gb using the quick method. I was setting it up for a friend his openatv version was getting buggy. Started it from scratch using Hyperion but encountered an error for no hard drive initialised for recordings. The hard drive was already formated in ext3, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I tried in with a Kingston 16gb back and front of box, got it flashed then with a San cruzer 32gb using the quick method. I was setting it up for a friend his openatv version was getting buggy. Started it from scratch using Hyperion but encountered an error for no hard drive initialised for recordings. The hard drive was already formated in ext3, any ideas?

Did you mount it in mount centre in the blue panel?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Did you mount it in mount centre in the blue panel?

No I just presumed the box would automount itself, the box is gone back to my friend now, I will let him know, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No I just presumed the box would automount itself, the box is gone back to my friend now, I will let him know, thanks.

Well if its saying its not that would be the first place to look!

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Well if its saying its not that would be the first place to look!

The last time I flashed one of these boxes I used the Hdmu image, this time I used Hyperion. I thought I was using the same image as the last time, Hdmu needs a telnet command to set up recording so hence some confusion, also there was a deadline to get box for the x-factor show!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

The last time I flashed one of these boxes I used the Hdmu image, this time I used Hyperion. I thought I was using the same image as the last time, Hdmu needs a telnet command to set up recording so hence some confusion, also there was a deadline to get box for the x-factor show!

My patented fail safe method for flashing is always format your USB drive before you load the image on.

Secondly, you can use any USB drive (Kingston only is nonsense) but it's best to use one that has a light in it that flashes on and off when it is in use. That way you know the USB drive is being read by the box. If light doesn't flash on and off it isn't reading, but oddly Amiko will still say to you "flash successful" and then proceed to load your existing image.

I learned the hard way....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I don't do much recording and thankfully I don't! For some reason when I do record a programme, it stutters and stalls when I play it back. I am wondering now is it the USB I am using (32Gb) and formatted to ext3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

cyndale wrote: »
    I don't do much recording and thankfully I don't! For some reason when I do record a programme, it stutters and stalls when I play it back. I am wondering now is it the USB I am using (32Gb) and formatted to ext3.
    Most likely it is not fast enough. I always prefer an actual portable HDD rather than a USB key. Much faster read/write times

• Advertisement

Most likely it is not fast enough. I always prefer an actual portable HDD rather than a USB key. Much faster read/write times

Thanks for that! I might just try that. Is your HDD powered or does it just plug into the Amiko?

Thanks for that! I might just try that. Is your HDD powered or does it just plug into the Amiko?
    USB powered.

USB powered.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Probably asked before but with 350 odd pages of info to go through. .....
    BBC HD has a an audio track running as well as the programme.....
    How do I stop it ??? if it is possible....

Thanks

Jay.

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Jay.
    Shorterm press yellow button and select correct audio channel.
    Longterm MENU>SETUP>SYSTEM>AUTO LANGUAGE> PREFER AC3

Shorterm press yellow button and select correct audio channel.
    Longterm MENU>SETUP>SYSTEM>AUTO LANGUAGE> PREFER AC3

On my Hyperion V4.5 it is the red button.

On my Hyperion V4.5 it is the red button.
    Any version of Hyperion 4, 4.5 or 5.1 I've used was always the yellow for audio/subs selection. Red opens Coolguide. Either way the OP can quickly figure out which one for their box.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Jay.

At the top of this page and to the right is a link: 'Search this Thread'. Click that link. It's like using Google. In the text box you just type in a few relevant words most likely to be found in posts that discussed your query before. E.g: --> audio track

After this, click 'Go'.

Flex

At the top of this page and to the right is a link: 'Search this Thread'. Click that link. It's like using Google. In the text box you just type in a few relevant words most likely to be found in posts that discussed your query before. E.g: --> audio track

After this, click 'Go'.

Flex

I typically use my phone for this thread, and it has always bugged me that when using chrome, the "search this tread " feature doesnt work. I use chrome browse with desktop view. But even in the mobile view version of boards, the search is forum wide (although I could be using it incorrectly)

Any version of Hyperion 4, 4.5 or 5.1 I've used was always the yellow for audio/subs selection. Red opens Coolguide. Either way the OP can quickly figure out which one for their box.:)

Same. I have seen folks reference the red button for audio option before. Out of the box, the yellow button is set to audio. So I guess that some backups that folks have flashed, have had their coloured button function altered. But yellow is the default (from my own experience)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

hi all, having some problems with Hyperion 4.5 backup I have been using recently, any suggestions as to best backup image to use? Its an amiko alien 2 box I have, thanks.

tw0nk wrote: »
    hi all, having some problems with Hyperion 4.5 backup I have been using recently, any suggestions as to best backup image to use? Its an amiko alien 2 box I have, thanks.

Check out zardoz's resourse link on the very first page of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

I typically use my phone for this thread, and it has always bugged me that when using chrome, the "search this tread " feature doesnt work. I use chrome browse with desktop view. But even in the mobile view version of boards, the search is forum wide (although I could be using it incorrectly)

Correct, it's a PITH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

ended up going with "opennfr 5.1 spark7162 alien2" working great, slick setup. Took me a while to get it the way I want it but its pretty nice now.

Just noticed yesterday that when I was watching a TV channel on the computer via Open Webif that picture/sound was lagging. Anybody ever have this happen. I have watched TV this way a lot and it never happened before.

Just noticed that it is only the HD channels that are juddering/lagging. It had been working perfectly up to about a week ago. I haven't changed anything. Anybody got any ideas how to solve this?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Just noticed that it is only the HD channels that are juddering/lagging. It had been working perfectly up to about a week ago. I haven't changed anything. Anybody got any ideas how to solve this?:eek:
    are both your box and pc/tablet connected by wireless? try restarting your box wireless device if it not a dongle. I find HD almost impossible to stream, I've yet to test a hardwired network connection to the box, need to get a really long ethernet cable to try it. I'm using a wireless extender (ex Sky device) to the box. Homeplugs use a different carrier than wifi over the mains cable, so the router sees a wired connection. I think at least one device should be hardwired for stability, but then it might also be the processor load for streaming HD is higher. Try zapping an SD channel to the TV while streaming the the HD channel, see if this has an effect.

deezell wrote: »
    are both your box and pc/tablet connected by wireless? try restarting your box wireless device if it not a dongle. I find HD almost impossible to stream, I've yet to test a hardwired network connection to the box, need to get a really long ethernet cable to try it. I'm using a wireless extender (ex Sky device) to the box. Homeplugs use a different carrier than wifi over the mains cable, so the router sees a wired connection. I think at least one device should be hardwired for stability, but then it might also be the processor load for streaming HD is higher. Try zapping an SD channel to the TV while streaming the the HD channel, see if this has an effect.

My eircom modem is connected directly to the box and my pc is wireless. I have been watching SD and HD channels since Hyperion V4.5 came out with no issues, only in the last couple of days. I tried turning off the modem to see would that help but to no avail.:mad:

My eircom modem is connected directly to the box and my pc is wireless. I have been watching SD and HD channels since Hyperion V4.5 came out with no issues, only in the last couple of days. I tried turning off the modem to see would that help but to no avail.:mad:

You've done well to get HD channels streaming. What eircom router have you?
    Has anything changed/been moved in your set up. Eg the router moved, you using your laptop in a different part of the house, a dect (coreless) phone position changed, baby monitor, any new devices using the router, another router . or anything that might interfer with your WiFi signal?

You've done well to get HD channels streaming. What eircom router have you?
    Has anything changed/been moved in your set up. Eg the router moved, you using your laptop in a different part of the house, a dect (coreless) phone position changed, baby monitor, any new devices using the router, another router . or anything that might interfer with your WiFi signal?

It's the fibe optic cable router installed about 6 months ago, that's all I know. No absolutely nothing has been moved or touched. Strange:eek:

• Advertisement

It's the fibe optic cable router installed about 6 months ago, that's all I know. No absolutely nothing has been moved or touched. Strange:eek:

The f1000 and f2000 need the power disconnected to reset ie just toggling the on/off button may not be enough. Switch off at the mains for at least 30 secs and then power on. And when you are at it, reboot your PC and the box.

I have the f2000 , and found it good for streaming , but now have it bridged to my old tp link , as the f2000 wasn't letting me see all my android devices for streaming (using bubbleupnp to control a device connected to my amp-kinda diy sonas /chrome audio)
    Anyway couldn't get soarview rte1 and 2 to stream, or any other HD content , be it live or recorded (mind you, i generally stream to a tablet or phone)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement