Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Slevster wrote: »
    The f1000 and f2000 need the power disconnected to reset ie just toggling the on/off button may not be enough. Switch off at the mains for at least 30 secs and then power on. And when you are at it, reboot your PC and the box.

I have the f2000 , and found it good for streaming , but now have it bridged to my old tp link , as the f2000 wasn't letting me see all my android devices for streaming (using bubbleupnp to control a device connected to my amp-kinda diy sonas /chrome audio)
    Anyway couldn't get soarview rte1 and 2 to stream, or any other HD content , be it live or recorded (mind you, i generally stream to a tablet or phone)

Do you have upnp enabled on the tp-link?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Do you have upnp enabled on the tp-link?

Yep. (Although so long since I set it up.) But everything works fine with the tp link. Its the eircom f2000 that is messin me around.
    I enabled the upnp option, and then disabled it. Tried several configs. Weird thing was that some devices seemed to always see each other with issue, some could see some devices some of the time , was too erratic to rely on. Will revisit sometime.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

reboot the f2000 n give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

cyndale wrote: »
    It's the fibe optic cable router installed about 6 months ago, that's all I know. No absolutely nothing has been moved or touched. Strange:eek:

Just occurred to me the problem may lie in the PC used to view streams. It might under pressure for memory, processor usage, something might have changed on it. A stream to my PC was stalling even on SD the other night, same stream was fine to an android phone, so the box was delivering, just the PC was struggling. PCs get full of crap over time, background stuff running etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

deezell wrote: »
    Just occurred to me the problem may lie in the PC used to view streams. It might under pressure for memory, processor usage, something might have changed on it. A stream to my PC was stalling even on SD the other night, same stream was fine to an android phone, so the box was delivering, just the PC was struggling. PCs get full of crap over time, background stuff running etc.
    You could try Ccleaner
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
    Clear out the cache and delete temp files its not bad for a freebie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

The f1000 and f2000 need the power disconnected to reset ie just toggling the on/off button may not be enough. Switch off at the mains for at least 30 secs and then power on. And when you are at it, reboot your PC and the box.

I have the f2000 , and found it good for streaming , but now have it bridged to my old tp link , as the f2000 wasn't letting me see all my android devices for streaming (using bubbleupnp to control a device connected to my amp-kinda diy sonas /chrome audio)
    Anyway couldn't get soarview rte1 and 2 to stream, or any other HD content , be it live or recorded (mind you, i generally stream to a tablet or phone)

That worked a treat, thanks! I have the f2000 modem and previously I just turned it off, but I did as you suggested and it worked.

I have a 23'' Acer Full HD monitor and my PC has 8Gb of ram. I am getting picture perfect quality on all channels.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

any freq for rte 1 hd

any freq for rte 1 hd
    10936 V 23000 on astra, Saorview depends on where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Is there a cheap single tuner amiko box that will run these images?
    I know Zardoz mhas images for another amiko but was hoping to get a box for bedroom that would be set up more or less the same way, and with amiko's top picture quality.
    Any ideas which one to go for??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Does anyone else have their Enigma Crash consistently circa every 3 months without fail, resulting in having to reload the image from scratch everytime.

Have one of these installed for my buddy this is the 3rd time ive had to install again for him, (he is not familiar with the process) But each time it goes he turns it on and there is no picture but there is sound and everything is busted.

A reload of image again gets it right but its a ticking bomb..

Pretty sick of the Amiko at this stage.

What are my options to solve this for him.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Does anyone else have their Enigma Crash consistently circa every 3 months without fail, resulting in having to reload the image from scratch everytime.

Have one of these installed for my buddy this is the 3rd time ive had to install again for him, (he is not familiar with the process) But each time it goes he turns it on and there is no picture but there is sound and everything is busted.

A reload of image again gets it right but its a ticking bomb..

Pretty sick of the Amiko at this stage.

What are my options to solve this for him.
    Try a different image or look at the crash logs and see what's causing it. Could be a plugin or skin issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Try a different image or look at the crash logs and see what's causing it. Could be a plugin or skin issue.

Yeah probably right about the image, Whats the latest stable one that most are using ? Possibly the skin now i think of it.

Need a basic Image and Basic skin recommendations so i can at least get this stable without the headaches.

listermint wrote: »
    Yeah probably right about the image, Whats the latest stable one that most are using ? Possibly the skin now i think of it.

Need a basic Image and Basic skin recommendations so i can at least get this stable without the headaches.

It used to happen to me all the time until I installed Freshpots Hyperion V4.5 image with Sky skin. It has worked fine ever since for me and I think I installed it way back in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

It used to happen to me all the time until I installed Freshpots Hyperion V4.5 image with Sky skin. It has worked fine ever since for me and I think I installed it way back in March.

Would recommend v4.5, but not necessarily the sky skin, unless you wan something to look like a faux sky box. There are simpler skins that aren't as heavy on the box resources. And well, its not a sky box. I know its the familiarity thing, but why have symbols/logos and the such on your screen that aren't relavent .
    But it does highlight one of the attractions of these systems that skins can be created. I remember when the folks on sattvhelp were developing the skin. Was a community effort. Interesting to see how well they got it. But it was just an exercise/challenge for them to see if they could replicate/clone the skin
    Rant over, its a grand skin, but if your buddy has already broken away from sky, then try one of the other skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

I use Zardoz Hyperion 4.5 and Magic HD night skin. Very stable setup. The Amiko has limited internal memory. Make sure EPG.dat and your picons (if used) are on external HD or USB stick. Also delete any unnecessary plugins.

Would recommend v4.5, but not necessarily the sky skin, unless you wan something to look like a faux sky box. There are simpler skins that aren't as heavy on the box resources. And well, its not a sky box. I know its the familiarity thing, but why have symbols/logos and the such on your screen that aren't relavent .
    But it does highlight one of the attractions of these systems that skins can be created. I remember when the folks on sattvhelp were developing the skin. Was a community effort. Interesting to see how well they got it. But it was just an exercise/challenge for them to see if they could replicate/clone the skin
    Rant over, its a grand skin, but if your buddy has already broken away from sky, then try one of the other skins.

I found the less tinkering I did with an image (adding or deleting plugins) and adopted the ''leave well enough alone'' policy, it stayed stable.:eek:

any freq for rte 1 hd
    Just home and tuned it in. Not resolving ala TV3 HD. Is this to be behind the SKY HD paywall also? RTE Two HD is on a standard sub, the BAI having been forced to exert pressure as it was also on the sky HD package when first transmitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Just home and tuned it in. Not resolving ala TV3 HD. Is this to be behind the SKY HD paywall also? RTE Two HD is on a standard sub, the BAI having been forced to exert pressure as it was also on the sky HD package when first transmitted.

Rte 1 and 2 hd is freely available, TV3 HD ain't, think it's only on upc

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

how.gareth wrote: »
    Rte 1 and 2 hd is freely available, TV3 HD ain't, think it's only on upc

Why would anyone depend on satellite to receive Irish channels that are freely available with an aerial? I suppose if you don't have a triple tuner..

Flex

Why would anyone depend on satellite to receive Irish channels that are freely available with an aerial? I suppose if you don't have a triple tuner..

Flex

Family Using box abroad, no saorview there! Also there are terrestrial blackspots here still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭TheCeltictiger

Hi All,

I am running OpenPli and am looking for some assistance on how to load a Amiko WLN-850 wifi dongle driver to my box.
    Currently when I go to the blue button / network / Wifi driver setup the select adapter driver option is blank.

Do I have to ftp a driver to the box ?
    If this is so then can someone point me in the direction of where I can find the driver and also tell me where it should be placed when I ftp to the box.

Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated as I am the whole afternoon trying to figure this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Put together this Hyperion 5.1 backup for anyone that wants to try it. No major changes from v4.5 but uses a less memory and handles recordings a little better.

Firmware was updated from SVN 3242 to 3269 via blue panel

Bits added:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBouquets from 10 Nov 2015 (updates daily at 1am)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1 (updates in standby)
    CoolTVGuide v7.3
    Enhanced Movie Center (turned off atm, looks better with Pli-mod skin)
    FTPBrowser
    HistoryZap Selector (Use recall button to zap back to any of the last 10 channels you have watched)
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9577 (with blank sample reader)
    Rats Picon Updater (Rats picons suit the PLI-mod skin better imo)
    Saorview and uk tv picons (mk picons)
    Samba Server
    Updated satellites.xml and terrestrial.xml files
    Updated channel list
    Updated picon renderer file to display Service Named Picons
    Updated Bootlogo.mvi to a $ly one
    Updated video.elf - Using one found in HDMU to improve picture quality.
    Updated audio.elf - to improve audio and to stop audio dropouts.

(original bootlogo.mvi, video.elf and audio.elf included in download also.)

Download Link: https://goo.gl/PnGHq1

Thanks for above FrostyJim

Should i be able to view all channels on the EPG?
    Like ITV2, Watch, christmas gold, Dave etc.

Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Hi All,

I am running OpenPli and am looking for some assistance on how to load a Amiko WLN-850 wifi dongle driver to my box.
    Currently when I go to the blue button / network / Wifi driver setup the select adapter driver option is blank.

Do I have to ftp a driver to the box ?
    If this is so then can someone point me in the direction of where I can find the driver and also tell me where it should be placed when I ftp to the box.

Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated as I am the whole afternoon trying to figure this out.

you need to connect it to wifi and install the right railink drivers from the plugins and then go back and ativate them id say

Nowso wrote: »
    you need to connect it to wifi and install the right railink drivers from the plugins and then go back and ativate them id say

When I go into plugins and select green button to add plugins, there is no drivers folder.

Where should I see the railink driver ?
    Do I have to add these drivers to the box and install via green button ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Could someone give me a briefing on how to set up soarview on Zardoz 4.5?
    For a mate of mine as I've never bothered with it being in a black spot.
    It's for cairn hill I believe is his transmitter

Imstuck wrote: »
    Could someone give me a briefing on how to set up soarview on Zardoz 4.5?
    For a mate of mine as I've never bothered with it being in a black spot.
    It's for cairn hill I believe is his transmitter

Then in last scanned highlight the channel you want to add to the favourites bouquet or saorview bouquet if you want to create one of those, press menu and add service to bouquet. When you have them all added. Go to the bouquet you added them to and press menu once again and enable move mode to sort them in the correct order.

When I go into plugins and select green button to add plugins, there is no drivers folder.

Where should I see the railink driver ?
    Do I have to add these drivers to the box and install via green button ?

This is the tutorial for the railiinks driver install. It's for OpenAtv but it should be the same for hyperion I reckon
    http://www.freetv.ie/how-to-install-wifi-dongle-on-enigma2.html

This is the tutorial for the railiinks driver install. It's for OpenAtv but it should be the same for hyperion I reckon
    http://www.freetv.ie/how-to-install-wifi-dongle-on-enigma2.html

Thanks for the feedback.

After watching the how to install wifi dongle video I cannot get past the green button install as there is no driver folder in the plugins to install window.

I need to get the Ralink RT5370 Chipset driver and then add it to the box.

I have googled for it but cannot seem to find this driver. Could some point me in the right direction where I can locate this online.

Thanks for the feedback.

After watching the how to install wifi dongle video I cannot get past the green button install as there is no driver folder in the plugins to install window.

I need to get the Ralink RT5370 Chipset driver and then add it to the box.

I have googled for it but cannot seem to find this driver. Could some point me in the right direction where I can locate this online.

This thread seems to imply its possible with some fiddling. Link

• Advertisement

This thread seems to imply its possible with some fiddling. Link

Thanks for the suggestion Jim but still no luck.

When I go into the Wifi settings within the network blue button option there is no option to install any drivers.

I would have expected the Ralink RT5370 driver to listed here.

This leads me to believe that I have to add this driver to the box before I can activate it. The issue that I am having is that I cannot find a copy of this driver anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement