Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

in pkt images the drivers are in the blue panel .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Nowso wrote: »
    in pkt images the drivers are in the blue panel .
    Yes, they are there for me in the bluepanel also. Go to the bluepanel- network-WLAN setup and you should see this. I'm running Hyperion 5.1 but its the same in all hyperion images.

Tos8Xxe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

To
    Thanks for the suggestion Jim but still no luck.

When I go into the Wifi settings within the network blue button option there is no option to install any drivers.

I would have expected the Ralink RT5370 driver to listed here.

This leads me to believe that I have to add this driver to the box before I can activate it. The issue that I am having is that I cannot find a copy of this driver anywhere.
    Yep, I see what you mean. The guys are right, it's in the blue panel. Blue panel/Network/WiFi driver setup/ select driver using the right-left buttons, blue button to test, green to install after a reboot.After that I'd expect the next time you select network from either Blue Panel/network/W/Lan or Setup/System/Network that you would have an extra choice for the Wlan configuration. My Blue button test reported no device obviously, so I didn't proceed with installing. I'd imagine a sucess on the blue button test would occur with the correct adaptor plugged in. I still think home plugs or a simple wireless repeater like this for about €20
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61YvZepYc1L._SX425_.jpg
    is a better solution, it relieves your box of the overhead of running a wireless link and associated plugin.EDIT, also saves all the hassle of trying to type in ssids, passwords. etc using the remote as a virtual keyboard, serious pita. These little plug wifi extenders are instant, just a button push on router and it and it connects. A short ethernet cable to the box and you're in business.

You need to set it up from network after installing it from blue panel . ita a pain really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Is anybody using TSMEDIA (Version 11) on their box with the Hyperion 4 image? Hardly anything seems to be working on it. The only thing I could get working last night was Tune In Radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

gazzer wrote: »
    Is anybody using TSMEDIA (Version 11) on their box with the Hyperion 4 image? Hardly anything seems to be working on it. The only thing I could get working last night was Tune In Radio.

Got a new TV with android running on it so have Kodi running perfectly now.

TSMEDIA was driving me nuts the last few weeks.
    It just does not work well anymore.
    I don't think it's updated frequently enough and I think the alien doesn't have the resources to run it either.
    Was glad to uninstall it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I've never liked using tsmedia on the aa2, its just not up to the job. Anyone who wants to watch much online tv,movies should invest in Chromecast or android tv box.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

FrostyJim wrote: »
    I've never liked using tsmedia on the aa2, its just not up to the job. Anyone who wants to watch much online tv,movies should invest in Chromecast or android tv box.

Never use it myself for that very reason!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

True ,you can get an android tv box or a fire tv stick for half nothing these days and they are vastly superior for streaming stuff.
    The latest TSmedia installs are huge anyway ,they take up a massive amount of flash memory which affects general performance .

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Splashed out on a Sony 4k TV that runs Android.
    Ive hardly used the AA2 since I got the new TV as have Kodi running on the TV.
    As others have suggested I'd recommend uninstalling Tsmedia and getting an android stick to save you any more pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks for the replies folks. I was thinking of getting an android box or a fire stick in the sales so reckon I will go with that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Thanks for the replies folks. I was thinking of getting an android box or a fire stick in the sales so reckon I will go with that option.

Don't bother.
    Full of dead links, and very poor pic quality.far superior things out there, albeit at a little extra cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

What's the best way of protecting OpenWebIf streams? I think someones found my box as the recording light comes on when connected to the internet now and again when I'm not recording/streaming.

I know that setting up a VPN would be the most secure, but I'm trying to keep it as universal access - I have a password on OpenWebIf currently, is there a guide for changing the 8001 port / other security tweeks?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mjatkey

Hi Guys, does anyone know of a plugin that can be used to manage IP cameras (like a NVR type pligin), I seem to remember seeing one on one image but don't have any on the Hyperion 4.5 I'm using at the moment. Thanks Martin

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mjatkey

Hi Guys, does anyone know of a plugin that can be used to manage IP cameras (like a NVR type plugin), I seem to remember seeing one on one image but don't have any on the Hyperion 4.5 I'm using at the moment. Thanks Martin

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

Kevin! wrote: »
    What's the best way of protecting OpenWebIf streams? I think someones found my box as the recording light comes on when connected to the internet now and again when I'm not recording/streaming.

I know that setting up a VPN would be the most secure, but I'm trying to keep it as universal access - I have a password on OpenWebIf currently, is there a guide for changing the 8001 port / other security tweeks?

cheers

its possible to scan and find static ips of boxs running openwebif etc

Change Your Password as it sounds like its a default password your using that can be easily guessed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Samba server not working in hyperion v5.1. It installs but is nowhere to be seen in plugins or blue panel. I imagine this is a bug that will be fixed soon.

Got your backup running today with no problems, havnt used it enough to compare but HD pic quality looks better imo. Did you get samba server running yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 upyerkilt

hi , first post

just like to say thanks for the files on dropbox and the information in this thread

I managed to wipe all the channels of my box , but it back working now

only other thing is the Fav list need to figure that out , will read on :)

UYK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

how.gareth wrote: »
    Got your backup running today with no problems, havnt used it enough to compare but HD pic quality looks better imo. Did you get samba server running yet?

I found that Samba might not be configured by default. Simply go BLUE PANEL>MOUNT CENTER>SMB SERVER. Don't need to change any settings simply hit RUN (green) and SAVE (red) You might need to reboot the box. It should show up under network on your windows explorer as SPARK 7162 or similar.

I found that Samba might not be configured by default. Simply go BLUE PANEL>MOUNT CENTER>SMB SERVER. Don't need to change any settings simply hit RUN (green) and SAVE (red) You might need to reboot the box. It should show up under network on your windows explorer as SPARK 7162 or similar.

Cheers Gerry there is no ip details filled out in the samba plugin, do I just enter my box ip and save and run?

• Advertisement

Cheers Gerry there is no ip details filled out in the samba plugin, do I just enter my box ip and save and run?

I just hit run. It will throw an error saying it cant find a config file but that is because it hasn't created it yet. It WILL make one on its first run. From then on it should start on boot up.

I just hit run. It will throw an error saying it cant find a config file but that is because it hasn't created it yet. It WILL make one on its first run. From then on it should start on boot up.

It says it's running grand, can't find it on my laptop network tho

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Download IPTV player from the extensions list or get it from the plugin section on Linux sat.

Updated very regularly and has a lot cleaner interface , evrrything works a lot better on it too link wise

Lads I have the new hyperion up and running but memory use seems to be very high, I have only 5% free at the most even when the box is not doing anything. I thought this was supposed to use less memory than 4.5 so I'm wondering have I something running I shouldn't, I have deleted all unnecessary plugins but still no improvement

Lads I have the new hyperion up and running but memory use seems to be very high, I have only 5% free at the most even when the box is not doing anything. I thought this was supposed to use less memory than 4.5 so I'm wondering have I something running I shouldn't, I have deleted all unnecessary plugins but still no improvement

Feck it lads ignore that for now, wife is in bed hungover so I'm going to try make my own from scratch, first question is where can I find the sly skin? It's not in the skin section of the download menu, I'm also looking for the cache flush plugin please?

Memory flush is already in the blue panel by default.

Memory flush is already in the blue panel by default.

I can only find memory cleaner?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

I can only find memory cleaner?

havent used it with 5.1. (as in havent had the need yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Am doing a bit of maintenance on a box. Am tring to set up the autobouquet plugin.
    Downloaded from Zardoz's resource (sep 15 version) , and loaded it.
    Ran it, but it isnt setting up the bouquets at all. It seems to be running fine, but no bouquets are setting up. Anyone know more about this plugin/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement