Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Anchises wrote: »
    No joy starting the plugin.

I have 12 plugins listed.

The e2upgrade is listed as
    'plugin_e2plugin.s' - Is that the correct one ? Does not match the pic as in Pog's tutorial.

Should I be able to get the plugin indicator to show green at this stage , with no USB stick in.

My understanding is that I am simply enabling the plugin, so that when I insert the image files USB and reboot it will look in the USB stick and upgrade.

BTW: I skipped the stage of downgrading to the older version of Spark (1.2.151 ?) , since it was suggested somewhere in this listing that it was not necessary to do that and it's no longer available on Spark's site.

A.

Think your a little confused, first thing to do is format a USB stick to fat32 and place the 2 enigma2 files on the usb. Not in any folders but on the root of the usb. Insert that into the rear usb port, go to that plugin and press ok, it should bring up a screen with a file path to c drive on it. Then all you need to do is press red. Should say upgrading followed by success. Then switch off the box and hold down the ok button while switching it on at the back. Hold ok till the display says spark. Take your finger off ok and press down until it says enigma. Then press ok. Now you should be booting into your e2 image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

No joy starting the plugin.
    Does not match the pic as in Pog's tutorial.

Would it be possible for you to post a snap of what you are seeing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

@ same ol sh1te:
    Plug in the usb where you have 2 files in an enigma2 folder, you'll see an icon notification that the key is mounted. Open plugins, navigate to the e2upgrade plugin and press ok until it goes green, then press red to activate the plugin. It will show a path, press ok and navigate into the folder where you have the two files and press red. Then press red to update

I've done that but at this point 'and press ok until it goes green' ,
    it flashes a dialog box saying starting plugin ,please wait, and the item does not go green.

There are now two plugins that will not start for me :
    plugin_e2plugin.s
    plugin_installer.s

A.

first thing to do is format a USB stick to fat32 and place the 2 enigma2 files on the usb. Not in any folders but on the root of the usb. Insert that into the rear usb port, go to that plugin and press ok, it should bring up a screen with a file path to c drive on it. Then all you need to do is press red.

I've done that. The usb is detected in the sense that an on screen icon/gif shows it being read.
    Still cannot get plugin to activate....

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

@ same ol sh1te:

I've done that but at this point 'and press ok until it goes green' ,
    it flashes a dialog box saying starting plugin ,please wait, and the item does not go green.

There are now two plugins that will not start for me :
    plugin_e2plugin.s
    plugin_installer.s

A.

You will need to use FTP and delete all plugins from /root/plugin/var and start again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭elvis23

I had to revert to a back and now cant seem to get the left/right buttons to show epg data for what on the other channels. It always just changes the channel (same as up/down buttons).
    I've set it correctly in the PKT KeyMapper (even loaded the 1.8 Additional version to see if it would help).
    I know I had this before but cant remember how I changed it?
    Was there an updated keymapper xml or something?

Anyone know off-hand?
    Thanks

elvis23 wrote: »
    I had to revert to a back and now cant seem to get the left/right buttons to show epg data for what on the other channels. It always just changes the channel (same as up/down buttons).
    I've set it correctly in the PKT KeyMapper (even loaded the 1.8 Additional version to see if it would help).
    I know I had this before but cant remember how I changed it?
    Was there an updated keymapper xml or something?

Anyone know off-hand?
    Thanks
    Have you virtual zap plugin activated?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭championc

The thing should be called plugin.e2upgrade

Maybe more on a second screen. Go down to the bottom of the list and keep going

Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

I downloaded a different e2 upgrade plugin from :

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=8256

And that worked. :)

The file name is :

e2upgrade.plugin_2011-10-27.zip

I've just rebooted and selected Enigma2 install.

Fingers crossed :)

Thanks for your advice. I must have had a corrupt version of the plugin

A.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Have you virtual zap plugin activated?

That was it!, didn't know I had to launch it from PlugIns. I guess it wasn't running after firing up the backup image.
    Gracias

• Advertisement

Before switching over to Enigma, I need to get Sattelites.xml sorted.

Pog's file is throwing a 404.

The site where I can create my own is available, but I'm unsure what to do with this.

Will it overwrite the existing file - surely will, and will I lose refs to all other sats ?

But I have a sat motor and want to hold the option of using other sattelites too.

Presumably, I could get 28.2 now and add to it later or overwrite it ?

A.

The site where I can create my own is available, but I'm unsure what to do with this.

Will it overwrite the existing file - surely will, and will I lose refs to all other sats ?

But I have a sat motor and want to hold the option of using other sattelites too.

A.

Forget Pogs guide, it's about 2 yrs old at this stage. Get one of the pre-built images in the firmware thread

A.

It sits in /etc/tuxbox
    Back up your own first.
    Ensure permissions are 755 on it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I've been using the SAB Triplx for awhile now & very happy with it, however I notice that one in awhile it slows down when changing channels & browsing through the egp,, powering off & on sorts this out but after a week/10 days it starts to slow down again, any ideas?

Get the latest satellites xml file here.

http://satellites-xml.eu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

lensman wrote: »
    I've been using the SAB Triplx for awhile now & very happy with it, however I notice that one in awhile it slows down when changing channels & browsing through the egp,, powering off & on sorts this out but after a week/10 days it starts to slow down again, any ideas?
    Not familiar withe a sab box but does it use the same EPG crossepg
    If so where is it saving the epg data to do you have a usb key installed or is it saving to internal memory

It sits in /etc/tuxbox
    Back up your own first.
    Ensure permissions are 755 on it also.

I'm afraid I've been counting my chickens before they're hatched :(

When I reboot and select Enigma2 from the front panel it stops at

00:00 Boot and the clock counts up but no boot.
    How long should I wait ?

Think I've got a problem with the Enigma2 install.
    How common is it that it will start /install/finish and still be in trouble ?

I'll try reinstalling E2 again. What image is preferred here ?

A.

I'm afraid I've been counting my chickens before they're hatched :(

When I reboot and select Enigma2 from the front panel it stops at

00:00 Boot and the clock counts up but no boot.
    How long should I wait ?

Think I've got a problem with the Enigma2 install.
    How common is it that it will start /install/finish and still be in trouble ?

I'll try reinstalling E2 again. What image is preferred here ?

A.
    Which image are you trying to install. It could be that you need to have a ext3 formatted harddrive connected on boot.

As for which image, I've been using Hyperion v4 for a good while with no problems. ChampionC has a good solid open arp image. Theres a few more too. In reality they are all similar enough so pick any of recent backup images from here and you won't be disappointed. Stay away from open atv images for now though as they're still in beta and are buggy. In a month or so they might be stable enough to replace your current image.

You'll find a few of the backup images here.

SAB is the same box as the Amiko & Golden media, it's not an epg issue, the box just slows down sometimes & needs a restart to sort it out, might be a cache problem & powering off seems to clear it but I'm open to correction, wonder if it's possible to clear the cache from the menu instead of powering the box off.

lensman wrote: »
    SAB is the same box as the Amiko & Golden media, it's not an epg issue, the box just slows down sometimes & needs a restart to sort it out, might be a cache problem & powering off seems to clear it but I'm open to correction, wonder if it's possible to clear the cache from the menu instead of powering the box off.

Do you have the cacheclear plugin installed? I think most of the images posted here have it

• Advertisement

Do you have the cacheclear plugin installed? I think most of the images posted here have it
    I'll have a look, Im using the Open ARP image that came pre installed.*NOPE* dont have it, what folder do I ftp it to? thanks

I formatted a hard drive (Seagate GoFlex 250Gig) to Ext3 using GParted.
    I copied on Hyperions image from Dropbox and inserted in the back USB port.

And I ran the E2upgrade from the plugin.
    It reported success.

I rebooted. I copied Sattelites.xml (for 28.2) to /etc/enigma2 using Filezilla - logging on as 'root' and 'tkteam' .

Rebooted .....

Looked good :

'Triplex' + scrolling text.....
    Load (and then a counter - to 99 ? )

Finally...after that it said starting BBC one HD ............

Silence ! and a black screen ............

Unresponsive ............

(Getting a little cross with this little box !):mad::mad:

Where to now ?

Could it be that it's set for 1080p ? My sony does 1080i no problem.
    If it was simply the HDMI resolution, I'd still hear audio ? and have control ?
    Would I ?

A.

I formatted a hard drive (Seagate GoFlex 250Gig) to Ext3 using GParted.
    I copied on Hyperions image from Dropbox and inserted in the back USB port.

And I ran the E2upgrade from the plugin.
    It reported success.

I rebooted. I copied Sattelites.xml (for 28.2) to /etc/enigma2 using Filezilla - logging on as 'root' and 'tkteam' .

Rebooted .....

Looked good :

'Triplex' + scrolling text.....
    Load (and then a counter - to 99 ? )

Finally...after that it said starting BBC one HD ............

Silence ! and a black screen ............

Unresponsive ............

(Getting a little cross with this little box !):mad::mad:

Where to now ?

Could it be that it's set for 1080p ? My sony does 1080i no problem.
    If it was simply the HDMI resolution, I'd still hear audio ? and have control ?
    Would I ?

A.

Whos Hyperion image was it? Mine is set at 720p so it wouldn't be a problem, not sure about the others. Try rebooting maybe.

It was 'givecredits' image from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii79zf8xt2m5nym/back_of_e2.zip
    Rebooting gives me the same situation....stuck on BBC one HD on display, black screen on TV , no response from remote or STB keys.

A.

It was 'givecredits' image from:

[URL="Hyperion 4 for Amiko Alien 2- https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii79zf8xt2...back_of_e2.[/URL]

Rebooting gives me the same situation....stuck on BBC one HD on display, black screen on TV , no response from remote or STB keys.

A.

Never came across that before to be honest. Incase it is that his is set to 1080, maybe flash mine and see how you get on. At least if that doesn't work then you know it's something else and not the screen resolution.

Hey all,

I've just made an OpenATV 4.2 version of my Image. It's in a folder in my OpenATV link below.

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank with sample lines), automounting your HDD, Streaming, SambaServer, RTEPlayer, OnDemand and finally Permanent Timeshift (turned off).

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Please use this thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance. Don't forget to download the Readme file too for full details like FTP and Telnet logon details and more other stuff.

And Don't forget to click the Thanks button below :)

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

championc wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've just made an OpenATV 4.2 version of my Image. It's in a folder in my OpenATV link below.

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank with sample lines), automounting your HDD, Streaming, SambaServer, RTEPlayer, OnDemand and finally Permanent Timeshift (turned off).

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Please use this thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance. Don't forget to download the Readme file too for full details like FTP and Telnet logon details and more other stuff.

And Don't forget to click the Thanks button below :)

Would you mind checking if rte player is working in the ondemand plugin on yours? If it is I'll load yours up. If not I'll stick with what I've got setup. TIA

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Would you mind checking if rte player is working in the ondemand plugin on yours? If it is I'll load yours up. If not I'll stick with what I've got setup. TIA

Yes, it's working perfectly. I just tried tonights Fairly Sh1tty

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

championc wrote: »
    Yes, it's working perfectly. I just tried tonights Fairly Sh1tty
    I'll load yours up so, too lazy to start from scratch again!

• Advertisement

Champion, is this using Cool tv guide or the default epg in the metrix skin? Auto timer plugin or the default built in one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement