Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Slevster wrote: »
    havent used it with 5.1. (as in havent had the need yet)

It's not important, I just wanted to see if there was any difference in memory use using the bare bones of the image ye posted for me. I can get some details in the info section. Any tips in where and how to install the sly skin? Wife is used to it and will save some ball breaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

how.gareth wrote: »
    It's not important, I just wanted to see if there was any difference in memory use using the bare bones of the image ye posted for me. I can get some details in the info section. Any tips in where and how to install the sly skin? Wife is used to it and will save some ball breaking!
    was made over in the sattvhelp forum, but dont know where it lives now

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=912

Another issue I'm havin is when I sent my bouquets from dreambox edit it says my satellite xml and blacklist failed, how do I update these? I think I found an updated list but nit sure what Im meant to do, I tried to ftp it but it's still sayin it failed, any help very much appreciated

Another issue I'm havin is when I sent my bouquets from dreambox edit it says my satellite xml and blacklist failed, how do I update these? I think I found an updated list but nit sure what Im meant to do, I tried to ftp it but it's still sayin it failed, any help very much appreciated

download a upto date satellite.xml file and put it into etc engima2, then do a manual scan of astra2.8 etc. that should fix things up

download a upto date satellite.xml file and put it into etc engima2, then do a manual scan of astra2.8 etc. that should fix things up

Cheers as in a full scan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Am doing a bit of maintenance on a box. Am tring to set up the autobouquet plugin.
    Downloaded from Zardoz's resource (sep 15 version) , and loaded it.
    Ran it, but it isnt setting up the bouquets at all. It seems to be running fine, but no bouquets are setting up. Anyone know more about this plugin/

I have uploaded the newest version to the resource now ,it should work properly .
    There was an issue with the Sept build on Sh4 boxes.

Cheers as in a full scan?

It is a full scan, but only of the transponders listed in the xml file, so only takes 3-4 mins. do a "single satellite" in the type of scan (under manual scan). set network scan to no. and you can set clear to scan to yes (will rmove any redundant channels)

It is a full scan, but only of the transponders listed in the xml file, so only takes 3-4 mins. do a "single satellite" in the type of scan (under manual scan). set network scan to no. and you can set clear to scan to yes (will rmove any redundant channels)

Ok I did that, not sure if it worked, everything looked ok, think I might be in over my head here!

Zardoz wrote: »
    I have uploaded the newest version to the resource now ,it should work properly .
    There was an issue with the Sept build on Sh4 boxes.

Thanks. tried it, but same result.

It looked like it worked , in that did the initialising, and updating boutquets message , but no change to bouquets. No worries. Was just trying to intal for a family member, to try and make it a little less maintenance for them.

Ok I did that, not sure if it worked, everything looked ok, think I might be in over my head here!

Not at all. This is how you earn your stripes. If you've made it this far, you'll finish it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Happy New Year to all fellow Boardies

For those lovers of OpenATV, here's Champions OpenATV 5.1 based image

http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

Here's a link to my Champions 28 December 2015 OpenATV v5.1 based Image - for the Amiko Alien2, AA2+ and other ST7162 Based Boxes. The download link contains folders for THREE boxes - the Amiko Alien2 (and 2+), the GM Triplex and the SAB Triple. Each image is branded for each box.

Image installation procedure - the safe, simple and 100% foolproof way. If you already have an Enigma2 Image on your box, skip steps 1 & 3 below

1. Download the E2 Plugins from the following link http://goo.gl/bcSWub. Take the whole folder and copy it to the root of any USB stick
    2. Boot the box into the default Spark operating system. If your box is in Enigma already, turn it off, hold in the OK button on the box and keep it pressed, turn on the box and release the OK when you see the FORC message on the box. Press the Up arrow on the box which will then say SPAR and then press OK
    3. Insert the stick into the box. The system will see the stick being installed and prompt for the installation of the plugins - say "Yes"
    4. Download and copy the pre-prepared image of your choice to a USB stick. You can copy any number of images to the same stick, putting each in it's own separate directory on the stick. An image contains two files - uImage and e2jffs2.img
    5. Press Menu, Press Down and Right to plugins. Select the e2upgrade plugin from the list. On screen, you then will see a box with /c/storage in black writing in a yellow bar across the centre of the screen. Click OK to navigate to the folder you want, press Red to select and press Red to Upgrade
    6. Upon completion, turn off the box. Press and hold the OK button, Turn ON the box and wait until you see the front panel say FORC. At this point, release the OK button. Press the DOWN arrow button on the box and it will display ENIG. Press and Release the OK button.
    7. The box will now reboot into Enigma

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets (AutoUpdate turned OFF), CrossEPG (0.8.1) (Updates at 04:00 Daily), Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam v11201 (with blank sample C-Line and N-Line Readers), PermanentTimeShift (Turned Off), OpenWebIf, Samba Server, Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel, and more. CrossEPG is also flushed out once a week. This image uses the bundled OpenATV EPG Display.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is NOT YET scanned and will need to be setup in SETUP > SERVICE SEARCHING > TUNER CONFIGURATION

Change the Weather in the Metrix skin - go to Plugins > MyMetrixLite > Weather and set the number for your location. Get the number from HERE - http://metrixweather.open-store.net/#weather

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password Blank
    WebInterface - http://box_ip (Default Port 80)
    DreamBoxEdit paths - /etc/enigma2/

OSCam - http://your_box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"

Enjoy !!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

will load it up for a look later

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Iptv ts streams are very slow even though there is the speed to play them would any image play them better . using vix4e2 atn

Nowso wrote:
    Iptv ts streams are very slow even though there is the speed to play them would any image play them better . using vix4e2 atn

The thing i noticed with OpenATV 5.1 was that i believe it has far more free memory after installation. I could be wrong but 29mb (before i ran and saved CrossEPG to internal flash) free seems quite good and so, you could use cache to benefit IPTV i'm sure.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Anyone know of any way to get CacheFlush to run more often than once every 5 minutes?
    If not does anyone know which process runs when CacheFlush runs, I could call it every minute via a crontab.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

If you need to run that plugin so often it would be better to find out what plugin is causing the problem of using up so much memory and ideally uninstall it.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

If you need to run that plugin so often it would be better to find out what plugin is causing the problem of using up so much memory and ideally uninstall it.

Flex

I have already removed nearly every plugin that is not part of the image.

I have disabled the plugin as I have found a way to clear the cache every minute in Blue Panel -> System -> Memory Cleaner.
    Seems to be doing the trick.

Just a note to say that the download link contains folders for all THREE boxes - the Amiko Alien2 (and 2+), the GM Triplex and the SAB Triple. Each image is branded for each box.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

championc wrote: »
    Happy New Year to all fellow Boardies

For those lovers of OpenATV, here's Champions OpenATV 5.1 based image

http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

Enjoy !!!

Hi Thanks for posting this new image,
    Noob question from me ;

Whats the differences between OpenATV and Hyperion based images, please

Two different groups of developers

OpenATV is updated with daily builds and upgradable online whereas i don't think Hyperion is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Anyone, any tips for keeping changes to the bouquets that you made, I spent the last few days organising them, and then randomly just now, it reset and all the rte channels are gone, and it's back to the uk setup. It was not even online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

Kurn wrote: »
    Anyone, any tips for keeping changes to the bouquets that you made, I spent the last few days organising them, and then randomly just now, it reset and all the rte channels are gone, and it's back to the uk setup. It was not even online.

did you by any chance run the autoboquets plugin ?

Kurn wrote: »

Autoboquets could be set to run daily in your image, think it is in hyperion 5.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

Autoboquets could be set to run daily in your image, think it is in hyperion 5.1

In which case I would disable that

Then you might want to download dreamboxedit
    delete or create any boquets you like and drag and drop what ever channels you want into them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Hi all, sometimes some of the channels in autobouquets is very intermittent, it will cut in and out. If I go to 'All Channels' and choose a different one of the same channel (multiple records of some channels) it will work fine. Is there anyway to get the box to automatically change to a 'good' version of the channel? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Just a note to say that the download link contains folders for all THREE boxes - the Amiko Alien2 (and 2+), the GM Triplex and the SAB Triple. Each image is branded for each box.

Unbiased opinion.... Hyperion V5.1 or OpenATV 5.1 for picture quality, volume compatibility and lack of bugs?

cyndale wrote:
    Unbiased opinion.... Hyperion V5.1 or OpenATV 5.1 for picture quality, volume compatibility and lack of bugs?

I tried Hyperion back in the day but was never a fan. I prefer the ability to get the release updated periodically without having to do a full rebuild.

Hopefully we'll get some feedback on OpenATV 5.1 soon but it's probably only fair to road test it for a few days first before commenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I tried Hyperion back in the day but was never a fan. I prefer the ability to get the release updated periodically without having to do a full rebuild.

Hopefully we'll get some feedback on OpenATV 5.1 soon but it's probably only fair to road test it for a few days first before commenting.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

To To
    tw0nk wrote: »
    Hi all, sometimes some of the channels in autobouquets is very intermittent, it will cut in and out. If I go to 'All Channels' and choose a different one of the same channel (multiple records of some channels) it will work fine. Is there anyway to get the box to automatically change to a 'good' version of the channel? thanks
    Some versions of channels may be unreliable. To get the most up to date version, you need to download a fresh version if satellites.xml, one just for Astra 28.2 if you only watch that will save a bit of memory. Then, do a full scan with clear before scan. This will clear out all dud channels. Finally, reorganise your bouquets to delete dead references, replace with working ones using Dreambox edit or webif bouquet editor. If you prefer, just run autoboquets after the new satellites.xml file is installed, the new bouquets created will be up to date, but you will still need to edit your own favourite bouquets you may have created. Also,if using ab, you might be better to select a UK region rather than Ireland, I've heard that this can have blank channels by times. Select London instead. A manual scan with clear should sort a lot of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Using Zardoz original 4.5, is this XML file up to date? Noticed a couple of mine missing...
    Would anyone have a link and tell me where to put it??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement