Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Imstuck wrote: »
    Using Zardoz original 4.5, is this XML file up to date? Noticed a couple of mine missing...
    Would anyone have a link and tell me where to put it??

http://satellites-xml.eu
    (Just select the astra 28.2 sat. and download. Put it in etc/enigma2 )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

If it helps, my OpenATV 5.1 image contains the latest satellites.xml file

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

championc wrote: »
    If it helps, my OpenATV 5.1 image contains the latest satellites.xml file

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu
    Will the solo/8900 Image work on a gm single tuner too

It possibly should do. However, ARP is really too old now. I have a Solo box which i built 5.1 on but lent it to a friend a while ago. I hope to get it back within the next few weeks and then i'll upload it to make it available to all.

Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link -

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Believe it or not sparks web tv function is playing the hd iptv with no problems

one server i tried didnt due to its setup . others did fine loaded a edited list of over 200 channels today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

Having trouble with reception for terrestrial channels from Cairn Hill transmitter. I have an aerial in the attic with perfect reception for RTE1 and UTV Ireland. Getting 0% for RTE2, TVE, 3E, TG4 and RTE News. I have checked Spark image and same problem exists. I am running OpenATV 5.1 with basic freeview and saorview channels.

I have another amigo a3 running perfectly with a TV with saorview tuner in another room. This saorview TV works perfect for Irish channels when I switch it to this to TV point connected to amigo alien 2.

Could the terrestrial tuner in my amiko alien 2 be faulty? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Lsjmhar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

Having trouble with reception for terrestrial channels from Cairn Hill transmitter. I have an aerial in the attic with perfect reception for RTE1 and UTV Ireland. Getting 0% for RTE2, TVE, 3E, TG4 and RTE News. I have checked Spark image and same problem exists. I am running OpenATV 5.1 with basic freeview and saorview channels.

I have another amigo a3 running perfectly with a TV with saorview tuner in another room. This saorview TV works perfect for Irish channels when I switch it to this to TV point connected to amigo alien 2.

Could the terrestrial tuner in my amiko alien 2 be faulty? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Lsjmhar

could it be possible that something in spark is affecting the tuner and that issue carried over to enigma
    when was the last time spark was updated maybe there are new drivers for the tuner on spark
    can you make a backup and default it and try a fresh install to rule out software issues

would be a bummer if the tuner is duff

id check your ariel connection going to that room from the aerial . someone on another box had an issue with mux 2 and fixing there coax connections sorted it

Nowso wrote: »
    id check your ariel connection going to that room from the aerial . someone on another box had an issue with mux 2 and fixing there coax connections sorted it

Hi

I changed coax and it made no difference. The saorview TV worked fine however so it is either amiko alien 2 box or image. Could weather affect signal?

Hi
    I updated spark image and rebooted so channels are working but SNR % is half of RTE1. Think I may need to upgrade enigma image. How often should open ATV image be updated or fresh install completed. I have this image running about 3 months now.

• Advertisement

id still say your coax cable is most likely problem go onto manual search and go onto ch 56 and adjust it

Cheers. Probably is the issue but worked crystal clear when I plugged it tv with internal saorview tuner with stronger % for reception. I had a bad or no signal for all saorview channels when I booted in to spark. I will have to check it again later. Family uaing it now.

in the tuner config in spark turn tuner power 5v on and maybe change region to germany - worth a try

Just bring your box into the other room. A 3min test will save hours of guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi
    I updated spark image and rebooted so channels are working but SNR % is half of RTE1. Think I may need to upgrade enigma image. How often should open ATV image be updated or fresh install completed. I have this image running about 3 months now.

Sounds like your new image has different saorview region tuned. Check saorview frequency is for your transmitter, kippure, three took, , mount leinster etc. Retune terrestrial tuner to your nearest

Cheers for advicr. Channels are back at the moment. If they go again I will switch box over to other room and see if the problem persists there. They go mental here when I start pulling at the TV.

lsjmhar wrote:
    Cheers for advicr. Channels are back at the moment. If they go again I will switch box over to other room and see if the problem persists there. They go mental here when I start pulling at the TV.

The trick is to wait until all have gone to bed !!! However, you need to ensure it's in working order when you leave it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

There will always be differences in the sensitivity of different tuners. If the signal is borderline it may be enough for the 1 tuner/tv but not for another. Another option to consider if the TV works on the same coax as the Alien, check the coax socket on the Alien isn't damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Just bring your box into the other room. A 3min test will save hours of guessing.

:confused::D;):cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

How do I scan for saorview channels using channels (as listed on the saorview website) and not frequencies? as enigma has no option to scan for channel bands only frequencies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Look here to convert EDIT: Use centre freq

A new one for me!

I just tried to boot back into Spark and nothing happens, this never happened to me before and I have done it loads of times.

I have done the usual routine of turning off the box and holding the OK button, then selecting Spark, it says boot then succ, then goes back to boot and stays there.

Anybody any ideas?

your in a bootlooop load the spark rescue image from my downloads on the spark topic

put it in a folder spark at the root of the usb , better with nothing else on it and when u hold down the middle button then when force comes up hit the right arrow to load it it takes about 8 minutes to load

when your back up you can update spark and then load the plugins and channel list from my dropbox

here is the spark downloads

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

Nowso wrote: »
    your in a bootlooop load the spark rescue image from my downloads on the spark topic

put it in a folder spark at the root of the usb , better with nothing else on it and when u hold down the middle button then when force comes up hit the right arrow to load it it takes about 8 minutes to load

when your back up you can update spark and then load the plugins and channel list from my dropbox

here is the spark downloads

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

Thanks for that, it did exactly as it said on the tin!:P

Probably a stupid question, but can I use my own channel list which I made up for Hyperion V4.5 and send it to my Amiko box which now has OPENATV V5.1 installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

cyndale wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but can I use my own channel list which I made up for Hyperion V4.5 and send it to my Amiko box which now has OPENATV V5.1 installed?

I would say yes I used to load the same channel list on to different images using dreamboxedit

I would say yes I used to load the same channel list on to different images using dreamboxedit

:P:cool::D

Hi all

Has anyone any feedback (good or bad) regarding OpenATV 5.1?

Hi all

Has anyone any feedback (good or bad) regarding OpenATV 5.1?

My timing has to be spot on to flash the image, don't want a family crisis!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

cyndale wrote: »
    My timing has to be spot on to flash the image, don't want a family crisis!:confused:

Snap!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement