Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

tnegun wrote: »
    Just to give my tuppence worth I've an older AA2(Not the + model) and for some reason have never had much success running your OpenATV images. It will always boot but becomes unstable typically it will lock up or suffer audio drop outs and occasionally green screen.
    Mine is an ordinary AA2 and as mentioned above failed to boot beyond 49%.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

championc wrote: »
    It's important for people to let others know about potential issues. What version of box do you have ? By any chance are you on a GM Triplex?

I created it on an AA2+ and loaded it onto my Dads AA2 without issue. Looks like the SAB one is fine too.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link -

I have an AA2+ ST7162 box!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

massy086 wrote: »
    I flashed this
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image

thats an old image

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

How did u flash it. It caused my amiko 8900 to not boot

I always flash thru the spark plugin using the rear USB port and never have any issues, mine is a Sab Triple Tuner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I flashed this
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image

Sorry I was talking about flashing championcs new ATV 5.1 backup for a Sab Triple Tuner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭G1032

I've got an Amiko Alien2 box
    Something went wrong with my CrossEPG yesterday. No listings when I got home from work. I've it fixed now and it auto updated overnight but now if I want to navigate to go to a channel by entering the channel number it brings me to a different channel
    Eg - I press 600 on remote and it brings me to channel 400???
    Any way to fix that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭championc

G1032 wrote:
    I've got an Amiko Alien2 box Something went wrong with my CrossEPG yesterday. No listings when I got home from work. I've it fixed now and it auto updated overnight but now if I want to navigate to go to a channel by entering the channel number it brings me to a different channel Eg - I press 600 on remote and it brings me to channel 400??? Any way to fix that?

Sounds like you turned on the auto updating of Auto Bouquets too. You'll just have to fix them with the menus and remote or via DreamboxEdit

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

G1032 wrote:
    I've got an Amiko Alien2 box Something went wrong with my CrossEPG yesterday. No listings when I got home from work. I've it fixed now and it auto updated overnight but now if I want to navigate to go to a channel by entering the channel number it brings me to a different channel Eg - I press 600 on remote and it brings me to channel 400??? Any way to fix that?

Sounds like you turned on the auto updating of Auto Bouquets too. You'll just have to fix them with the menus and remote or via DreamboxEdit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys you know when watching movies the volume is low and i have to change to subtitle by pressing red button to get to match the sound of other channels.is there a way of getting it to stay the same without having to change it back again everytime.tried rebooting but went back to the low sound.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Is the RTE player on Hyperion V5.1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Zardoz

cyndale wrote: »
    Is the RTE player on Hyperion V5.1?

It doesn't work on 5.1
    Neither does the 1channel plugin or a few other streaming plugins .
    I suspect its due to the newer version of Gstreamer ,but its a major flaw of the new image in my opinion.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I flashed FrostyJims Hyperion 5.1 last night and I have to say I'm impressed so far, its a bit faster and more responsive than Zardoz 4.5 image was for me. There is a few plugins missing that I had on 4.5 but I don't use any streaming stuff or anything like that on the box.

Edit: I also removed the oscam and replaced with the version I used on 4.5 and added mgcam too with no issues.
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    My Hyperion 5.1 backup for anyone that wants to try it. No major changes from v4.5 but uses a less memory and handles recordings a little better.

Firmware was updated from SVN 3242 to 3269 via blue panel

Bits added:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBouquets from 10 Nov 2015 (updates daily at 1am)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1 (updates in standby)
    CoolTVGuide v7.3
    Enhanced Movie Center (turned off atm, looks better with Pli-mod skin)
    FTPBrowser
    HistoryZap Selector (Use recall button to zap back to any of the last 10 channels you have watched)
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9577 (with blank sample reader)
    Rats Picon Updater (Rats picons suit the PLI-mod skin better imo)
    Saorview and uk tv picons (mk picons)
    Samba Server
    Updated satellites.xml and terrestrial.xml files
    Updated channel list
    Updated picon renderer file to display Service Named Picons
    Updated Bootlogo.mvi to a $ly one
    Updated video.elf - Using one found in HDMU to improve picture quality.
    Updated audio.elf - to improve audio and to stop audio dropouts.

(original bootlogo.mvi, video.elf and audio.elf included in download also.)

Download Link: https://goo.gl/PnGHq1

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Hi ChampionC,

Cheers for creating and sharing your Opentv backup.

meant to trial it over the christmas, but opportunities just slipped past. finally got round to it tonight.
    Flashed it without issue. As soon as it showed a picture i switched the box off , connected the hdd and rebooted. All was good. Adjusted the video settings, checked that my hdd was seen (could see recordings), sent over my channel list via dde (liked that they were there without needing a reboot).
    played/looked around the menu's. All fta channels available. Went into the tuner menu and enabled the second sat tuner (equal to b) and enabled the terr tuner (set to europe etc). tuned to RTE 1 on Soarview which was viewable. logged in through a browser to view/add. and rebooted.
    And it didn't reboot. loaded up the info on the front panel (time, channel etc), but screen was blank, loading symbol in the corner stalled. The channel was rte 1 (last viewed channel). Switched the box off and on again. same result.
    I have had issues with apr and opentv images before, where terrestrial channels would not tune. could maybe get one mux to tune. Another quirk of these boxes. I remember setting up opentv on a relations box which worked perfectly, but the had issues on mine. (boxes set up side by side, very same configuration, but one box newer than the other) I have the aa2+ box with the old vdu. It is a quirk of these boxes. all builds are not the same. there is (i think) variances in the hardware used internally.
    But it looked a fine image before that. More options than the pli images. SD pq didn't seem as good (viewing PBS America), but that was a very breif viewing. More plugin downloads i noticed too. may look at it again, without the t2 tuner enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Have been using h v5.1 since early dec. But am now going back to v4.5
    There is very little between the 2 versions in practical terms. But the box has failed to come out of standby a few times, and that has been noticed with some irritation by the viewing public in the house. Haven't pin pointed the cause, or when it will happen, but has happened a few times over the christmas ( maybe 5/6 times in total, once at a crucial moment. ). A switch off and on solves it. its not much of a thing to complain about, others may never notice , and its not like the box didnt need the odd reboot on v4.5 (also had a wee bit of hassle getting a new keymap to work, but didn't try too hard, but did annoy me a little). Hadn't applied the audio fix, which resulted sometimes in the audio being stopped on a recording, if play was paused and restarted.
    All in all, v5.1 is fine, once you apply your fixes, recording is a bit more solid on soarview (multiple recordings at once , as it was in v4) . But I dont see a significant reason to upgrade from v4.5. (however, maybe if i use v4.5 for a while , i will realise the improvement v5.1 brought).
    But dont let this stop folks from trying it out.

hi guys you know when watching movies the volume is low and i have to change to subtitle by pressing red button to get to match the sound of other channels.is there a way of getting it to stay the same without having to change it back again everytime.tried rebooting but went back to the low sound.cheers
    anyone a fix for my little problem thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

I have the same problem but i do know there is a plugin called AutoVolumeAdjustment and i believe it fixes the issue .

I havent got around to looking at it yet myself.

You could try one of champions images which have it installed - Link

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've the same. I use one of the lads images here.

It was explained to me as something purposefully setup to avoid those situations where you flick to a movie channel and like the sound booms from an action scene or soemthing.

I'm also looking into getting it bar on parity with all the other channels, it seems to drive the misses mad for some reason

As @kgarvey confirmed, i have the volume adjustment plugin installed and i've set it to settings which certainly equalize the sound levels between SD and HD channels

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Can someone provide the volume plug in settings that work.

I had to disable the plug in as it was causing the volume to go to zero on some channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Could anyone advise of a stable image for an alien mini? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Imstuck wrote: »
    Could anyone advise of a stable image for an alien mini? Thanks in advance.

Here is my Hyperion 4.5 backup for the Alien Mini ,its pretty up to date
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrebpmrcfotpkjs/AABdlKi29vezpPQ58fkCqCiea?dl=0

Zardoz wrote: »
    Here is my Hyperion 4.5 backup for the Alien Mini ,its pretty up to date
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrebpmrcfotpkjs/AABdlKi29vezpPQ58fkCqCiea?dl=0

is that an 8900 image ? ive run a mini image on an 8900 before

the vix4e2 has a mini 2.08 which is a few days old aswell

Nowso wrote: »
    is that an 8900 image ? ive run a mini image on an 8900 before

the vix4e2 has a mini 2.08 which is a few days old aswell

Yes ,the 8900 and mini run the same images.
    The image will also run on the GM 990 and the Sab Solo.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes ,the 8900 and mini run the same images.
    The image will also run on the GM 990 and the Sab Solo.

would a 8900 spark channel list load on a mini or the other way around i wonder

Nowso wrote: »
    would a 8900 spark channel list load on a mini or the other way around i wonder

I dont see why not ,they are the same hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

In the auto language selection menu put the "prefer AC3 tracks" to no.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Lads,
    Anyone know where to get the sly hd skin used by FreshPots on Hyp4.5? And, will it work on HYP5.1?
    Many thanks in advance...........

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Lads,
    Anyone know where to get the sly hd skin used by FreshPots on Hyp4.5? And, will it work on HYP5.1?
    Many thanks in advance...........
    His latest image of 5.1 has that skin included.Download Link: https://goo.gl/PnGHq1

amd64 wrote: »
    His latest image of 5.1 has that skin included.Download Link: https://goo.gl/PnGHq1

anyone running freshpots 5.1 atm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

anyone running freshpots 5.1 atm

Im running It pal I've had no major issues its very similar to his 4.5 image the only thing I had to do is rejig the channels so the HD weren't the default for bbc1 and so on. my box can't handle hd smoothly with recordings and all but other then that the image is fine the picons work and look great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement