Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

jayo26 wrote: »
    Im running It pal I've had no major issues its very similar to his 4.5 image the only thing I had to do is rejig the channels so the HD weren't the default for bbc1 and so on. my box can't handle hd smoothly with recordings and all but other then that the image is fine the picons work and look great.

cool thanks will give it a go later.whats the sky skin.is the epg like sky etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭gar

Hi guys,

One issue I'm having on champs 5.1 image.
    The time and date are not right. They were before but just spotted now. It's a week ahead and the time is wrong.
    I have tried changing time settings under system to transponder and no change also charged ntp server.
    Any thoughts? I could try update the image using the software built in.

Cheers

Gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

cool thanks will give it a go later.whats the sky skin.is the epg like sky etc

Yhh skin is very same as 4.5 with EMC disabled

Yhh skin is very same as 4.5 with EMC disabled

is the time mixed up on yours too..is there a fix

is the time mixed up on yours too..is there a fix

No my time is spot on from the image date and all is OK i noticed the front of the box is a minute behind but that's not an issue.

• Advertisement

No my time is spot on from the image date and all is OK i noticed the front of the box is a minute behind but that's not an issue.

great im going trying it.thanks for your help

great im going trying it.thanks for your help

Just backup your own image as it is now just incase, if you find it sluggish turn off the HD channels via autoboquets turn off channel swap that worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

For the moment I've only one room in the house with a satellite feed (2 lines) coming into the house, but I've two Amiko Alien 2 boxes.

I know you can stream video from an Amiko Alien 2 box to a mobile phone, Raspberry Pi etc.

Is there any way of getting one Amiko Alien 2 box to view the video feed from another?

Edit: I just found this link about How to Stream Webcam or other live stream to Alien

So I'll give that a try. Not sure if it will allow remote control of channels on the other box yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭deezell

For the moment I've only one room in the house with a satellite feed (2 lines) coming into the house, but I've two Amiko Alien 2 boxes.

I know you can stream video from an Amiko Alien 2 box to a mobile phone, Raspberry Pi etc.

Is there any way of getting one Amiko Alien 2 box to view the video feed from another?

Edit: I just found this link about How to Stream Webcam or other live stream to Alien

So I'll give that a try. Not sure if it will allow remote control of channels on the other box yet though.

Looking at that link, it's asking for a server to be set up on a PC, not ideal. It's also asking that you select " Menu > networking > webtv" to enter the IP address and port of the stream server. Those option are not on my Hyperion image, maybe on some other image? What you really want is to use the spare box as if it were a phone or blackberry to connect via a stream. There is some way of creating entries in the EPG so that they are pointing to the IPaddress/port of the host box that is connected to the antenna/dish. "Parnerbox" is a plugin that achieves this, also "remote stream convert" plugin, which is for MIPs boxes, not SH4 (alien2) boxes as the client. These plugins can re-create the EPG of the host box within the client box. When streaming from a host box, you can either just stream the current image that the box is showing, or also another channel from the same TP, or using one of the spare tuners, a channel from a different TP, or a terrestrial tuner channel from the same Mux if the host box is currently showing a terrestrial channel.. When using a url to stream a channel, it's just the host box ip, port 8001 and the service ID of the channel you want to watch, assuming there is a free tuner to make this connection, for example, TG4 is http://192.168.1.80:8001/1:0:16:450:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    from my box. I can use this to connect from VLC on a tablet or PC. There must be a way to create a service list IP entry with these details to get the second box to stream from the host box. I remember that this is what the "remote stream convert" plugin does, I forget exactly what the format of the entry is. I'll have a look back. It might be possible to edit an existing IP EPG entry using dreambox edit.

deezell wrote: »

Thanks for that detailed response.
    I'm in work so I didn't check out the details, but will see if there's any option in Hyperion V4.5 to view a video stream from the web/lan.

It would be sweet if it worked for my IP camera too.
    If I wanted to get very nerdy/nerdier, I could attempt to write an enigma python plugin that triggers when an IP camera detects motion and display the camera stream/photo in a window on the TV screen... (the ONVIF protocol for IP cameras apparently allows you to listen for camera notifications)
    But that'll have to go on my list of pet project ideas.

I didn't know about the URL format above to specify channels, which is a very handy tip I will definitely use to try streaming from the host alien2 box.
    I'll post back if I make any progress on this.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that detailed response.
    I'm in work so I didn't check out the details, but will see if there's any option in Hyperion V4.5 to view a video stream from the web/lan.

It would be sweet if it worked for my IP camera too.
    I didn't know about the URL format above to specify channels, which is a very handy tip I will definitely use to try streaming from the host alien2 box.
    I'll post back if I make any progress on this.
    You can create a bouquet for IPTV channles, using Dreamboxedit, or other methods described in various fora. The entries in IPTV bouquets are basically a channel name and an IP address. I'm a bit confused as to the exact format of these entries, it seems that the standard M3U stream file link has to be edited for Enigma 2 boxes. Therers a lot of varying information out there, one guy even has a web page with a tool to convert. I'm having a fiddle as I write this, I've created a bouguet named IPTV, added an entry of "IPTV and other streaming services" type. It has two fields, name of service and URL. I've just put in the url of one of the box own channels. These uRL btw can be got from the WebIf interface, right click on the telly symbol, save the stream.M3U file, then open it with notepad to see the full .M3U file. This is what you get say with BTsport2.

#EXTM3U
    #EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
    #EXTVLCOPT:program=50376
    http://********.ddns.net:8001/1:0:1:C4C8:811:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

The url at the bottom is what you're after. If I had a second E2 box I could try this out. I seem to have an IPTV channel in my IPTV bouquet, but of course its pointing to the same box.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

You could maybe set up iptv on the other box and soarview

speeking of iptv does anyone know which app / server etc this iptv stream come from

vlcsnap-2016-01-11-21h34m21s248_zps4edvckzz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Tefral

Using freshpots 5.1 image, when i go to activate the wireless adapter it says /bin/sh:wlan.sh:notfound...

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

On Hyperion 4.5 on Amiko Alien. I'm getting sound but no picture. It was working fine. Not sure where to start to troubleshoot. What can I do to resolve this?

That seems to work. The channel shows up on crossepg in the bouquet IPTV. (doesn't show in Cool TV though, or in WebIf EPG view). Clicking on it, and after a second up comes the channel, kind of nuts as it's streaming from one of its own tuners, possibly via the wireless router and back, as the URL i use is my external IP. streamimg is confirmed as a press on the INFO button shows tuner B occupied with a red record button, what you would expect if streaming to a different box or a phone or tablet. It was a bit jittery, as this was an encrypted channell after all, so the box was doing the work of two to a point. But it works, so just get busy with dreamboxedit, a channel at a time, until I can find a way to just import all the channels from a conversion of the service list data. Theres a lot of info out there, possibly other ways of representing the data. Also, You would like to be able to attach EPG information to the channels. This works though, and it can view a channel other than the one that the host box is showing. I'll try with an unencrypted channel and pull the network just to confirm it's crossing the router.

That seems to work. The channel shows up on crossepg in the bouquet IPTV.

Top man.
    I didn't have a chance to experiment with it yet, but you've pointed me in the right direction with a successful test.
    Thanks.

running freshpots 5.1 and its very solid image.no problems as of yet anyway.well done

Top man.
    I didn't have a chance to experiment with it yet, but you've pointed me in the right direction with a successful test.
    Thanks.

Ta, test on BBC free to air channel also worked, and the stream is in and out via the router, pulling the network to the box kills it. Should be a lot better to a different box, as my loop test is streaming out and back over wireless, a bit of a strain on the wifi extender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

rb25 wrote: »
    On Hyperion 4.5 on Amiko Alien. I'm getting sound but no picture. It was working fine. Not sure where to start to troubleshoot. What can I do to resolve this?

Problem sounds familiar, try the search function at the top of the page and you might find previous posts about it. Can't offer any solutions myself unfortunately

First step, have you OSD when you press menu, or EPG? If you have try adjusting the resolution. If its a complete blank screen, have you an alternative Tv with HDMI to try, or make sure your TV is good on that HDMI input witha DVD player or the like, or try a different HDMI plug on your TV. Try pressing the V.format button on the remote. Can you get an image on a stream, on WebIf. Use webIf to get a screen grab, you can trawl through the OSD this way and change the screen resolution, or turn on Scart and connect your telly via scart to see if you can get video back.
    I've had missing video before, some sets don't like certain resolutions and frame rates. I've had sets completely fail to identify that HDMi was connected when swapping boxes, until I pressed the v.format button. You have sound you say, is this via the telly or via an independent sound device like a sound bar or surround amp. If you have neither sound or image on the TV then its a lack of HDMI connection. Step through all these tests, you'll figure where the fault lies by the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

First step, have you OSD when you press menu, or EPG? If you have try adjusting the resolution. If its a complete blank screen, have you an alternative Tv with HDMI to try, or make sure your TV is good on that HDMI input witha DVD player or the like, or try a different HDMI plug on your TV. Try pressing the V.format button on the remote. Can you get an image on a stream, on WebIf. Use webIf to get a screen grab, you can trawl through the OSD this way and change the screen resolution, or turn on Scart and connect your telly via scart to see if you can get video back.
    I've had missing video before, some sets don't like certain resolutions and frame rates. I've had sets completely fail to identify that HDMi was connected when swapping boxes, until I pressed the v.format button. You have sound you say, is this via the telly or via an independent sound device like a sound bar or surround amp. If you have neither sound or image on the TV then its a lack of HDMI connection. Step through all these tests, you'll figure where the fault lies by the end.

But I have the menus & epg appearing & can select different channels - so it's not completely blank. It switches to tge channel but no picture. Is it something to do with space filling up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Tefral

On Zardoks image in the front of this thread, using Hyperion 4.5, how do i get the EPG to show all the channels and in the SKY numbering order using Autobouquet? I got it by accident before, but now i have to go to favorites and select an individual section such as Entertainment before it will number them according to Sky.

just in relation to frostyjim/freshpots 5.1 image i have spotted on every morning it will not wake from standby and needs a hard reboot.maybe he can fix.otherwise seems perfect

just in relation to frostyjim/freshpots 5.1 image i have spotted on every morning it will not wake from standby and needs a hard reboot.maybe he can fix.otherwise seems perfect

I never put mine on standby I must try It tonight see how it goes.

I never put mine on standby I must try It tonight see how it goes.
    no point really leaving it on all night either.only problem i can see so far

But I have the menus & epg appearing & can select different channels - so it's not completely blank. It switches to tge channel but no picture. Is it something to do with space filling up?

Ok, the Tv is fine, connection ok if you have sound and OSD, so the video stream is not being resolved and sent to the graphics output device, but graphic from the menu, epg, etc are. Definitely an internal box fault, if it's software, then you need to re-image the box. I'm assuming you have an enigma2 box, an alien2 or similar. Reboot to the Spark OS and see if you have pictures, that rules out a hardware fault. If that works reboot back to enigma2. If its still missiing pictures, reflash. I'm assuming you've done the obvious things like rebooting, and checking the memory percentage in the cache flush plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭championc

To eliminate a hardware issue, boot into Spark and check some channels. If all OK, then re-flash an image as already suggested.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

Top man.
    Thanks.
    Further to this, there is a really handy way of setting up streaming from one E2 box to another, requiring no plugins. If you have ever streamed to your phone or tablet using the Android app "dreamdroid", the option is there in the EPG on the phone to select the media player, be it "MX player" or "VLC" or other player on your device. Also in this menu is "Watch on Dreambox", and if selected, you can choose to stream back to the host box, or to any other box for whiich you have set up a configuration. Once the stream is running, the phone is not involved as far as I can see . I've only tested it in a loop to the same box, but if someone out there has two E2 boxes and has the Dreamdroid app set up to stream from either, try it and see. You phone basically acts as a remote for the second box, with full epg.

Further to this, there is a really handy way of setting up streaming from one E2 box to another, requiring no plugins.

Thanks.
    I had some time to experiment with this last night.
    I was able access the box via the web page for "Open Webif" and view my current buoquet, then extract all the web stream links from the web page in NotePad++ then process them with regular expressions to get a list of the web streams of each of my free-to-air 66 channels.
    I didn't try to find a clever way to avoid typing them all in manually into Dreambox edit, so there was a bit of typing there.

The bouquet contents were also available on the box under
    /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.<your bouquet name>__tv_.tv
    But it didn't provide the mapping to the channel names.

So I got as far as yourself, streaming to the same machine.
    Later, I'll be flashing the other box with Hyperion V4.5 and copying over my new bouquet of links to the other box.

As you said the stream had very jerky playback on the one box, so hoping it'll be okay across two, over powerline adapters.

Will be delighted if this works at least until we find a satellite installer in Drogheda to install an 8 LNB dish, only have 2 LNB at the moment.

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    I had some time to experiment with this last night.
    I was able access the box via the web page for "Open Webif" and view my current buoquet, then extract all the web stream links from the web page in NotePad++ then process them with regular expressions to get a list of the web streams of each of my free-to-air 66 channels.
    I didn't try to find a clever way to avoid typing them all in manually into Dreambox edit, so there was a bit of typing there.

The bouquet contents were also available on the box under
    /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.<your bouquet name>__tv_.tv
    But it didn't provide the mapping to the channel names.

So I got as far as yourself, streaming to the same machine.
    Later, I'll be flashing the other box with Hyperion V4.5 and copying over my new bouquet of links to the other box.

As you said the stream had very jerky playback on the one box, so hoping it'll be okay across two, over powerline adapters.

Will be delighted if this works at least until we find a satellite installer in Drogheda to install an 8 LNB dish, only have 2 LNB at the moment.

It should be better with powerline, they're virtual hardwired lines, so less problems with congestion of a wifi or wifi extender, which is what I use. As far as your dish goes, no need to change it, just the LNB at the end. The same dish is fine. They're a click on job, so someone with a head for heights can do it themselves, but health and safety and all that, especially as you have to run cables. Swords satellite (Satexperts.ie) is one place near enough to Drogheda. They charge €180 for a full FTA sat install, so less the cost of tuner, dish, dish brackets and the install of these, add upgrade to 8 way LNB (20€), you should be looking at sub €100?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement