Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Have been running Spark on my Amiko Alien 2+ for the last few months but had a bit of free time over the last few days so wanted to try out enigma again and this is what I found

1. Hyperion 5.1 thanks to FrostyJim. Really liked the look and feel of the skin and especially the EPG. Seemed quick to change channels however I found the EPG slow to load and had a couple of lockups in the first couple of days which required powering down the box.

2. OpenATV 5.1 thanks to Champions. The box seemed more responsive than Hypersion but hated the EPG especially couldn't seem to page down through the EPG and had issues with the volume right down low on some channels and ok on others.

3. Hyperion 4.5 thanks to Zardoz. Most stable of the three for me but slow to load EPG and change channels.

Gone back to Spark again for now as can't find any benefits with Enigma. I find Spark is by far the most family friendly & stable, it rarely has any issues or require regular restarting. Also big thanks to Nowso for keeping the Spark channels up to date.

What do yo think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

jspuds wrote: »
    What do yo think?

If Spark had a grid-style EPG I'd agree with you. I can't live without that. Hyperion 4.5 has been the most stable for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭deezell

......................Gone back to Spark again for now as can't find any benefits with Enigma. I find Spark is by far the most family friendly & stable, it rarely has any issues or require regular restarting. Also big thanks to Nowso for keeping the Spark channels up to date.

What do yo think?

RTE one+1 freeze on Spark, 7 Day EPG a channel at a time only, no easy switch to other channels, (see my previous posts on this, EPG not even as good as old Edision box interface), no OpenWebif for streaming/ remote recording (dreamdroid app on its own leaves Spark standing) , CoolTV, lots of reasons to use Enigma. My Hyperion 4.5 is very stable, no desire to go to 5.1 The poor EPG and the RTE one+1 were dealbreakers for me, I just had to invest the time in Enigma to see the improvements. OpenAtv was my first step, but Hyperion was the business, once you keep it simple. I'd imagine a fresh flash of 5.1 would throw up the same problems that a newcomer to Open or H 4.5 would see, little teething problems till everything is tuned to your liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Have been running Spark on my Amiko Alien 2+ for the last few months but had a bit of free time over the last few days so wanted to try out enigma again and this is what I found

1. Hyperion 5.1 thanks to FrostyJim. Really liked the look and feel of the skin and especially the EPG. Seemed quick to change channels however I found the EPG slow to load and had a couple of lockups in the first couple of days which required powering down the box.

2. OpenATV 5.1 thanks to Champions. The box seemed more responsive than Hypersion but hated the EPG especially couldn't seem to page down through the EPG and had issues with the volume right down low on some channels and ok on others.

3. Hyperion 4.5 thanks to Zardoz. Most stable of the three for me but slow to load EPG and change channels.

Gone back to Spark again for now as can't find any benefits with Enigma. I find Spark is by far the most family friendly & stable, it rarely has any issues or require regular restarting. Also big thanks to Nowso for keeping the Spark channels up to date.

What do yo think?
    Interesting that you found the EPG slow to load in each case which would hint at a common HDD issue and not the firmware.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

network hdd streaming does work on spark , better picture quality - improved again with the new nor flash update in version 1.2.83 , webtv plays hd plex/iptv channels well

i have a vix4e2 loaded but use it for rte player + 1ch

good to have an option

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

1. Hyperion 5.1 thanks to FrostyJim.

2. OpenATV 5.1 thanks to Champions.

3. Hyperion 4.5 thanks to Zardoz.

Also big thanks to Nowso for keeping the Spark channels up to date.
    +1 for that

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Lads,
    Anyone know where to get the sly hd skin used by FreshPots on Hyp4.5? And, will it work on HYP5.1?
    Many thanks in advance...........

http://www.megafileupload.com/ehf0/Skin.rar

Here's the ipk for two,Blue HD by rossi (latest and last version to be released) and a newer one released recently called SlyK1

Build thread for SlyK1
    http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/78979-new-skin-slyk-1-hd-aka-bluehd2-version-1-available-download.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Tefral

Is anyone else having problems with Autobouquets and the RTE channels? I scanned a new update and when it goes to the RTE the screen goes green and tries to restart?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What do yo think?

Spark has been very problematic for me on both the Alien 1 and Alien 2.

I keep getting audio sync issues on numerous firmware ,that I cant rectify.
    Oscam doesnt work anywhere near as well as on Enigma 2 ,it keeps disconnecting for me ,despite the correct settings.

Sound levels are better on Spark ,the picture is slightly better but I find the interface less user friendly and too primitive .
    Horses for courses though .
    Most stable of the three for me but slow to load EPG and change channels.

Channel changes should be almost instantaneous in Enigma 2 ,maybe you have the epg configured for internal flash instead of the hard drive ?

zardoz do update to 1.2.83

if them options freeze n spark you can use a different version of the file

its a bit like enigma when u get it right its right but there tends to less issues

maybe do fress install from rescue image might help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Sorry if its obvious but where is the firmware link and ipk's for alien 2 , the ones on first post no longer work, just updates spark want to try Hyperion cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

chris1970 wrote: »
    Sorry if its obvious but where is the firmware link and ipk's for alien 2 , the ones on first post no longer work, just updates spark want to try Hyperion cheers

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057378184/1/#post98213053

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

I was having probs recording all of a sudden on 4.5, sometimes it would record sometimes not, it would show in folder list as recorded but had taken up 0mb, and obviously nothing to play.
    Flashed 5.1 and was impressed with the fluidity of zapping.
    However after a week or so my recording problem has returned, anyone have a clue what this might be? The hard drive has worked flawlessly for well over 18 months??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭championc

Imstuck wrote:
    I was having probs recording all of a sudden on 4.5, sometimes it would record sometimes not, it would show in folder list as recorded but had taken up 0mb, and obviously nothing to play. Flashed 5.1 and was impressed with the fluidity of zapping. However after a week or so my recording problem has returned, anyone have a clue what this might be? The hard drive has worked flawlessly for well over 18 months??

Which 5.1 ? I think I had that problem a long long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Hyperion champs, but also happened in 4.5 only after a loooong period of time working perfectly, think it may have something to do with drive itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭championc

Imstuck wrote:
    Hyperion champs, but also happened in 4.5 only after a loooong period of time working perfectly, think it may have something to do with drive itself?

That was one reason I gave up myself on Hyperion. I could never understand why that happened but it did, and far too often. You can only apologise so many times to the other / better half !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

not my box but a friends....

He has his amp hooked up via optical cable to his AA2

SD channels the volume changes fine.
    HD channels no volume control..only via amp remote.

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

What do yo think?

For me the most stable, consistent and fast image is Freshpots Hyperion 4.5. I have had no issues with it at all. No green screens, channel changing perfect, EPG works fine and picture quality is good. It is the image I have used the longest because of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭deezell

not my box but a friends....

He has his amp hooked up via optical cable to his AA2

SD channels the volume changes fine.
    HD channels no volume control..only via amp remote.

any ideas?
    Press red button and menu, or setup/system/ auto language selection and change "prefer AC3" to off. This will select MPEG for audio, should behave the same as audio on SD channels.

Can anyone tell me how i can get the wireless adapter working in Hyperion 5.1?

is there somewhere i can find the drivers?

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me how i can get the wireless adapter working in Hyperion 5.1?

is there somewhere i can find the drivers?

Also is there a way i can make it stop looking for terrestrial and start looking at the satellite for irish channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

cronin_j wrote: »
    Also is there a way i can make it stop looking for terrestrial and start looking at the satellite for irish channels?
    Press OK to bring up list of channels. RED to show all channels and find the ones you want. MENU and select ADD TO BOUQUET.
    Note:- Irish channels are encrypted on satellite except on SaorSat.

Press OK to bring up list of channels. RED to show all channels and find the ones you want. MENU and select ADD TO BOUQUET.
    Note:- Irish channels are encrypted on satellite except on SaorSat.

Thank you...

Any idea on how to install the ralink driver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thank you...

Any idea on how to install the ralink driver?

Search on youtube tvtrade/freetv have a really easy video of it.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Search on youtube tvtrade/freetv have a really easy video of it.

the video on free tv shows "Drivers" in the plugins section... i dont have that. any ideas?

that video is for open atv

for hypeerion you need to go into blue panel and activate the wlan 5370 drivers

then boot nad go back to network settings and set it up

Nowso wrote: »

Comes back with cannot find "wlan.sh"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Comes back with cannot find "wlan.sh"

Im actually just about to set one up on 4.5 so ill see how it goes.

Edit: this one doesn't find the device when I enable it or press blue to try drivers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement