Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I had to switch back to zardoz Hyperion 4.5 as 5.1 was way too unstable, it was hanging on reboots and hanging on bringing up bouquets ect..

Just updated to latest autobouquets and also put a new satellite.XML in there. Perfect image from zardoz.
    I have the same issue of hanging on reboots** on a self built image so it's not Zardoz's image at fault. No problems with bouquets but I don't use autobouquets. However I also get random crashes every 2-3 days.
    One feature of 5.1 I particularly like is on the timer list it shows which satellite is set. I have a multi-sat setup and some channel names are common to several satellites. I also think the picture quality is slightly better, but that may be wishful thinking/personal taste.

** If (like me) you are too lazy to go to the box, I use the kill method of mashing the remote power button. FORCE REBOOT in the blue panel also works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

I had to switch back to zardoz Hyperion 4.5 as 5.1 was way too unstable, it was hanging on reboots and hanging on bringing up bouquets ect..

Just updated to latest autobouquets and also put a new satellite.XML in there. Perfect image from zardoz.

Anyone want to tell me where I can find the new autoboquets and satellite file online?

How to i manage to take out the existing autobouquets and sat file and put the new one in?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I have the same issue of hanging on reboots** on a self built image so it's not Zardoz's image at fault. No problems with bouquets but I don't use autobouquets. However I also get random crashes every 2-3 days.
    One feature of 5.1 I particularly like is on the timer list it shows which satellite is set. I have a multi-sat setup and some channel names are common to several satellites. I also think the picture quality is slightly better, but that may be wishful thinking/personal taste.

** If (like me) you are too lazy to go to the box, I use the kill method of mashing the remote power button. FORCE REBOOT in the blue panel also works.

I wasnt using Zardoz 5.1, I think it was freshpots. I also noticed better picture quality on 5.1 (slightly).

cronin_j wrote: »
    Anyone want to tell me where I can find the new autoboquets and satellite file online?

How to i manage to take out the existing autobouquets and sat file and put the new one in?

dkane posted instructions for updating autobouquets, you dont have to delete the existing version as it gets overwritten. make sure to change the architecture to SH4 in autobouquets settings.

dkane wrote: »
    Updating to the latest version of Autobouquets fixed the issue.
    For anyone else having this problem you can download the latest version of Autobouquets from here

Ftp the file to the /tmp directory on your Amiko Alien 2 using Filezilla.
    Then telnet to the box and run:
    opkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_20160111_all.ipk

You will need to restart your box and then add your settings back into Autobouquets and run it to reload the guide.

I use putty to telnet into the box, it can be found here

http://tartarus.org/~simon/putty-snapshots/x86/putty.exe

And for updating the satellites.xml use this tutorial

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites-xml-File

Again, you dont have to delete anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Redman84

I'm having a lot of trouble updating the autobouquet, I ftp the ipk file to the tmp directory but when I use telnet it keeps saying failed to extract control file, can anyone save me!!!

• Advertisement

Ive actually built an image using hyperion 4.5 and the latest autobouquets and all the irish channel system as it should be today. I have it working here and its perfect.

If someone can tell me how to make a copy of my image ill load it here. How do i upload it also without the contents of my .server file?

Ive actually built an image using hyperion 4.5 and the latest autobouquets and all the irish channel system as it should be today. I have it working here and its perfect.

If someone can tell me how to make a copy of my image ill load it here. How do i upload it also without the contents of my .server file?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

If you want RTE 1 on 101 and RTE 2 HD on 102 etc as per the Irish Sky guide I've put together this custom_swap.txt file to put the available HD channels first.

Just ftp the file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoBouquets
    (take a backup of the existing custom_swap.txt file before overwriting it.)

Your AutoBouquets should look like this:
    R0G1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Complete newbie to this world, so I have some silly questions.

Installed zardoz's hyperion 4.5 image. Very happy with it. Definitely the best of three that I tried. As loaded it puts the Rte channels at the top. Great in theory but it is the satellite channel rather than the saorview one. I managed to delete the subscription channels on the list using help from this thread. Have not figured out yet how to add channels or how to move them around. Ideally want to list main Irish stations first and add a few others like PBS America.

Second question is about RTE player plugin. When I launch it opens ok but as soon as you try to select anything it goes into a green screen with an STB error and box reboots. The same thing happened with another plugin I tried. Any idea what might be wrong?

Everything else seems to work well. Thanks for the help guys.

Barnaboy wrote: »

Installed zardoz's hyperion 4.5 image. Very happy with it. Definitely the best of three that I tried. As loaded it puts the Rte channels at the top. Great in theory but it is the satellite channel rather than the saorview one. I managed to delete the subscription channels on the list using help from this thread. Have not figured out yet how to add channels or how to move them around. Ideally want to list main Irish stations first and add a few others like PBS America.

Second question is about RTE player plugin. When I launch it opens ok but as soon as you try to select anything it goes into a green screen with an STB error and box reboots. The same thing happened with another plugin I tried. Any idea what might be wrong?

Everything else seems to work well. Thanks for the help guys.

There are options in AutoBouquets to only pull in FTA channels is that is what you are after.
    Then you can use dreamboxEDIT to sort your channels any way you like, including adding in the Saorview channels if you wish. Just make sure you turn off the auto update feature in AutoBouquets as it will overwrite your changes when it runs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hey guys hope it's OK to say but I have upgraded to the vu+ solo2 box recently so I've my amiko 2 here all set up and ready to go if any of ye intrested ill do a decent boardsie price on it just hook it up with hard drive just pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Barnaboy wrote: »
    ............. Have not figured out yet how to add channels or how to move them around. Ideally want to list main Irish stations first and add a few others like PBS America.................

Three ways.
    Most popular is to use Dreamboxedit software to connect to the box from a PC, move, delete, edit, order channels, create new bouquet, change order of bouquets etc. Channels not in any bouquet can be got from the service list

Next is to use the box's built in web interface WebIf, and select bouquet edit on the side bar menu. You can add and delete channels to bouquets from the service list (all the channels that are in a satellites or terrestrial channels database). You can't move a channel from a bouquet to another bouquet, you do this by deleting from one and adding (from the service list) to another. WebIf has an advantage over DBedit in that you can do this from any browser, not just a PC, so you can edit from your phone or pad while sitting watching, which is good fun.

Last is to use the remote. when you select standard EPG (not CoolEpg) press menu, then you have options to add/delete/move channels, change bouquets (or favourites) and move channels from there to other bouquets etc. You move between bouquets, but can't see the service list, unless you've done a full scan and all the channels are in the bouquet "last Scanned"
    Changes using the last two methods are instant, using dreamboxedit seems to require a restart of the box after you've transferred your changes back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Maybe this was covered so apologies if I missed it. I have 2 AA2 boxes, one with a external HDD with all my recordings on it, how can I access these recordings from my other AA2 box in another room, both running Freshpots image and networked with Homeplugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Sounds like what you really need is a NAS - Network Attached Storage Device. There are lots of options, Here is an example on eBay simply to explain. You connect a hard drive to your router and then any device on your network - such as both your Alien2s - can record to it and play stuff that's on it.

There are probably other methods (possibly involving Unix commands)... deezell, I've got a feeling you're going to enlighten us?!

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Hi guys. My box has started defaulting to the volume right down. Auto volume was turned off so i don't think its that. Also how do you make cool guide time devisions default to a certain value. Mine keeps only showing 1 15 minute interval. Ive to keep pushing 3 to make it the right interval. Ive got freshpots hyperion 4.5 installed. Thanks

Sounds like what you really need is a NAS - Network Attached Storage Device. There are lots of options, Here is an example on eBay simply to explain. You connect a hard drive to your router and then any device on your network - such as both your Alien2s - can record to it and play stuff that's on it.

There are probably other methods (possibly involving Unix commands)... deezell, I've got a feeling you're going to enlighten us?!

Flex
    Using an app like dreamdroid allows you to stream from any box in the apps profiles to any other box. Live or from the Hdd. Select the channel or media from the hdd, select stream, you will be given the choice to select the media player on the device, vlc, mxplayer etc, but also the choice to " play on dreambox", which might seem like a long winded way of using your phone as a remote control for the box, but you get to choose the box from your profiles, so in one neat go box A starts streaming from it's hdd to box B which becomes the client. This works for live as well as hdd, so box B can watch the channels and connected sats of box A even if not connected to a dish itself. Box A in the meantime is free to watch a different source. Not having two boxes I've tested this only as a loop from the box back to itself. It streams out to the router and back. You would want wired or virtual wired (homeplugs) network connections fior best performance. No plugins or disk configuration required on either box, just the small app on a phone.
    The alternative is to setup NFS on the host box, this is done by editing the file etc/exports to share a named directory, usually. Media/hdd or Media /hdd/movies, to the local subnet, usually 192.168.1.X

Use this line in etc/exports, the first three numbers of the ip address in the line should be the same as the first three of your box ip, change if necessary.

/media/hdd/ 192.168.1.0/24(rw,soft,upd,nolock)

The presence of this file should automatically start NFS after a reboot, then you should be able to pick it up on the second box using the manager in blue panel. After that the box can see the hdd for playback and recording. No Linux commands required.

deezell wrote: »
    Using an app like dreamdroid allows you to stream from any box in the apps profiles to any other box. Live or from the Hdd. Select the channel or media from the hdd, select stream, you will be given the choice to select the media player on the device, vlc, mxplayer etc, but also the choice to " play on dreambox", which might seem like a long winded way of using your phone as a remote control for the box, but you get to choose the box from your profiles, so in one neat go box A starts streaming from it's hdd to box B which becomes the client. This works for live as well as hdd, so box B can watch the channels and connected sats of box A even if not connected to a dish itself. Box A in the meantime is free to watch a different source. Not having two boxes I've tested this only as a loop from the box back to itself. It streams out to the router and back. You would want wired or virtual wired (homeplugs) network connections fior best performance. No plugins or disk configuration required on either box, just the small app on a phone.
    The alternative is to setup NFS on the host box, this is done by editing the file etc/exports to share a named directory, usually. Media/hdd or Media /hdd/movies, to the local subnet, usually 192.168.1.X

Use this line in etc/exports, the first three numbers of the ip address in the line should be the same as the first three of your box ip, change if necessary.

/media/hdd/ 192.168.1.0/24(rw,soft,upd,nolock)

The presence of this file should automatically start NFS after a reboot, then you should be able to pick it up on the second box using the manager in blue panel. After that the box can see the hdd for playback and recording. No Linux commands required.

Deezell - great info, I am trying the second option and I have set up NFS on the host box, when you say to access the manager on the second box via the PKT Blue Panel, what manager would that be? Thanks again

Tuesday13 wrote: »
    Deezell - great info, I am trying the second option and I have set up NFS on the host box, when you say to access the manager on the second box via the PKT Blue Panel, what manager would that be? Thanks again

Blue panel/Mount center/CIFS NFS Manager/Add New Network Share

Fill in the server ip, type as nfs, path, share name
    Screenshots are not showing, somting to do with above message?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

Anyone got a link to latest terrestrial.xml and sattelite.xml files please?

Anyone got a link to latest terrestrial.xml and sattelite.xml files please?

http://satellites-xml.eu/

Terrestrial created by a scan

• Advertisement

Hi All,
    I've just uploaded my new image to Dropbox if anyone is interested in trying it out.

My image comes with Kiddac's amazing Slyk 1 HD (sly skin) Version 3

The following plugins are installed and set up:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets E2, CrossEPG (0.8.1), OSCam v9963 (with blank sample N-Line Reader) and OpenWebIf.
    OpenATV 5.1 us up to date as per 5/2/2016 and can be auto updated from within the image.

The included readme file has instructions for flashing and setting up the image.
    Very interested in any feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Hi All,
    I've just uploaded my new image to Dropbox if anyone is interested in trying it out.

The following plugins are installed and set up:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets E2, CrossEPG (0.8.1), OSCam v9963 (with blank sample N-Line Reader) and OpenWebIf.
    OpenATV 5.1 us up to date as per 5/2/2016 and can be auto updated from within the image.

The included readme file has instructions for flashing and setting up the image.
    Very interested in any feedback.

Something very wrong with channel switching. When you press up arrow on remote to get channel list, then select channel, it opens in small window. Cannot open in full screen. Suspect a skin problem.

givecredit wrote: »
    Something very wrong with channel switching. When you press up arrow on remote to get channel list, then select channel, it opens in small window. Cannot open in full screen. Suspect a skin problem.

I've seen this happen once or twice on my box. Going to EPG and selecting a different channel fixes it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I've seen this happen once or twice on my box. Going to EPG and selecting a different channel fixes it for me.

Probably best to remove your Image until you fix this. Its annoying to use.

Probably best to remove your Image until you fix this. Its annoying to use.

I've been using the image for the past 5 hours and have seen this happen twice.
    I am not able to consistently reproduce it and when it does happen there is a simple fix.
    Otherwise the image is very stable and working well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I used to have that issue in Openatv .
    It is indeed a skin issue,it occurred on every skin bar Metrix HD for me.
    Surprised it hasnt been fixed yet.

Wow that skin looks really good, would it work for Hyperion 4.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I've been searching through settings and googling but I can't seem to figure out how to connect to my webif interface using a host name. The IP address of my box changed a couple of times, so I'd like to be able to connect to webif using a host name. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

deezell wrote: »
    Blue panel/Mount center/CIFS NFS Manager/Add New Network Share

Fill in the server ip, type as nfs, path, share name
    Screenshots are not showing, somting to do with above message?

Ok cool , I've done that(I think), so how do I browse the shared files now via NFS? sorry for all the Qs, spent a couple of hours trying to find the files and tinkering but to no avail. I have attached a JPEG of my configurations. Also Deezell, I wasn't able to see your attachments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Wow that skin looks really good, would it work for Hyperion 4.5?

Works with OpenATV and OpenVix 100%.

May work with other images too but it hasn't been (or won't be) checked and tested.

Just would have to install it and see if any issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement