Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hi,

Anyone managed to get blackbox for ios working outside there Lan? Can stream stuff on lan using Blacbox but unable to connect to box using my ddns service. I can connect to box (webif) via browser but unable to connect using blackbox.

Any alternative apps to use for IOS?

Anyone had any joy?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone managed to get blackbox for ios working outside there Lan? Can stream stuff on lan using Blacbox but unable to connect to box using my ddns service. I can connect to box (webif) via browser but unable to connect using blackbox.

Any alternative apps to use for IOS?

Anyone had any joy?

BobbyT28

Bobby, you need to forward port 8001 on your router from the box to the outside. Webif interface which is the plugin that enables streaming and the Web epg sets this port by default, and 80 for the interface. Apps like blackbox and dreamdroid request the stream via this port, which will work on your lan, but needs to forwarded when the request is from outside. Hence you can see webif from outside, and you should also get the epg and other features of blackbox but the stream port is missing. Oddly enough, the port used by webif for recorded movies is straight http, port 80, so you should be able to stream recordings from outside if you can connect the app. I'm unsure if dreamdroid is available for Ios but it rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

deezell wrote: »

Not sure I feel comfortable putting this on my iPhone.

Anyway how the hell do you load this on. I thought APK files were android ?

BobbyT28

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Not sure I feel comfortable putting this on my iPhone.

Anyway how the hell do you load this on. I thought APK files were android ?

BobbyT28
    Can't help you there, I have no apple devices to my name (except an old iphone given to me and used as a music source in my car. i can't add or delete without an itunes account. Useless). It does look like the site is misreprepreseting it's product though, I don't see any sign of a download for an IOS device. Further searches to other sites produce the same result. Blackbox (formerly Dreambox LIVE) is the favoured app by all accounts for Ios. I'd persist with it. If you have an android phone or tablet try out Dreamdroid, its very user friendly. I watched the United match on it last night while the main TV was droning away with soaps.

Here's one you could try, it's written for the Miraclebox brand of Linux receivers, It should be compatiable with alien/ dreambox as Miraclebox uses the same E2 software.

http://appcrawlr.com/ios/mb-livetv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Hi,

I need to download a wifi dongle driver to my SAb triple tuner running hyperion4.5.

I'm using dongle with the Ralink RT5370 chipset.

Can anyone tell me where/how to download this to the receiver. It doesn't appear to be in the available downloads

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

Hi,

I need to download a wifi dongle driver to my SAb triple tuner running hyperion4.5.

I'm using dongle with the Ralink RT5370 chipset.

Can anyone tell me where/how to download this to the receiver. It doesn't appear to be in the available downloads

Thanks
    Frosty jim posted this link a while ago may be worth a look
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057246289&page=357
    Post no 5343

Frosty jim posted this link a while ago may be worth a look
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057246289&page=357
    Post no 5343

Thanks,

Looks like range extender might be easier option

Thanks,

Looks like range extender might be easier option
    Is the driver listed in the blue panel ? as you already have the dongle

No. I couldn't see it. Only lan listed

Is it possible to add it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No. I couldn't see it. Only lan listed

Is it possible to add it

Are you sure your looking in the pkt bluepanel and not just network?

Went to blue panel; network; wifi driver setup.

Only option is LAN connection.

Went to blue panel; network; wifi driver setup.

Only option is LAN connection.
    Where it says select adapter driver
    Scroll to the right with the remote to choose the adapter

Where it says select adapter driver Scroll to the right with the remote to choose the adapter

Thanks. That worked a treat. Learning a bit every day

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Anyone know how to view channels on a mac from Amiko with Open Webif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Griffinx wrote: »

Should be able the same as on windows go to the IP address of the box in safari.

You'll need something like VLC on the Mac to play the streams, which are of filetype .M3U . Install VLC, go to the box WebIf page on you Mac browser, then click on the channel stream icon (little telly) on WebIf interface. If the stream doesn't open in a media player or in VLC, it will probably just download the stream description file, which always has the name stream.m3u. Go to this file in downloads or wherever it is on a mac, and right click on it, and in INFO set VLC as the default player for files of this type. Next time you click the telly symbol it should open VLC which reads the contents of stream.m3u and connects the stream. Stream.m3u looks like this inside, example for RTE1 Terrestrial. The URL will be whatever you used to connect WebIf to you box.

#EXTM3U
    #EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
    #EXTVLCOPT:program=2101
    http://***********.ddns.net:8001/1:0:19:835:3EA:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Hi
    Updated to frostys 5.1 after haveing hyp 4.5 running smmothly for months , then while recording box crashed and went into a boot loop.

Problem I have is cross epg keeps crashing the box when I try to run it, any ideas?

Configured to hdd

pod2011 wrote: »
    Hi
    Updated to frostys 5.1 after haveing hyp 4.5 running smmothly for months , then while recording box crashed and went into a boot loop.

Problem I have is cross epg keeps crashing the box when I try to run it, any ideas?

Configured to hdd

If both recording and cross are crashing the box, it sounds like the box is writing to flash, not the hard disk. Hdd is just a label, it's possible that it's not mounted or assigned to your actual hard disk partition, but to flash memory. Check disk mounts in blue panel. Using someone else's image which contains their disk mount configuration will in my opinion be problematic as it's unlikely that you have identical hard disks. Delete all disk mounts, then search for your device and remount your partition.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

You'll need something like VLC on the Mac to play the streams, which are of filetype .M3U . Install VLC, go to the box WebIf page on you Mac browser, then click on the channel stream icon (little telly) on WebIf interface. If the stream doesn't open in a media player or in VLC, it will probably just download the stream description file, which always has the name stream.m3u. Go to this file in downloads or wherever it is on a mac, and right click on it, and in INFO set VLC as the default player for files of this type. Next time you click the telly symbol it should open VLC which reads the contents of stream.m3u and connects the stream. Stream.m3u looks like this inside, example for RTE1 Terrestrial. The URL will be whatever you used to connect WebIf to you box.

#EXTM3U
    #EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
    #EXTVLCOPT:program=2101
    http://***********.ddns.net:8001/1:0:19:835:3EA:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:

Yes, I've tried this both on Pc and Mac with VLC but VLC just sits there and doesn't show anything..is there anything else needed on the Amiko to get it to work?

• Advertisement

Yes, I've tried this both on Pc and Mac with VLC but VLC just sits there and doesn't show anything..is there anything else needed on the Amiko to get it to work?
    I assume your'e getting webif up on your browser. What does the stream.m3u file contain? Right click on the telly icon, save the file and open it with notepad. I assume your'e trying to stream on your internal lan, if trying to view from outside your router would have to port forward port 8001 from the outside to the box, as this is the port used for the stream. Post the contents of a typical stream.m3u link file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hey folks the wife wants to add a second TV in the house, is there any way for me to buy another box and be able to share recordings between them? Bearing in mind my level of stupidity

how.gareth wrote: »
    Hey folks the wife wants to add a second TV in the house, is there any way for me to buy another box and be able to share recordings between them? Bearing in mind my level of stupidity
    Backtrack to recent posts on sharing hdd using samba plugin,the second box can see the contents of the main Box hdd and play the recordings. If you get a smart tv as new set, it could do this directly from the box. If it's android based smart tv then you can install dreamdroid app on the tv and fully access the box, epg, tuners, recordings, even 'those ' channels only available on the box. Second box becomes optional, though useful for independent viewing of the sat channels. Ideally, a smart tv with its own dvb- s sat receiver built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Hi
    Got my problem with crossepg sorted
    crosepg cannot open database

There was an issue several months/images back where crossepg only saw the HDD sometimes. The solution was to edit the crossepg.config file found in var/crosspeg folder.
    Change the HDD line to
    db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg or whatever your hdd is mounted as
    in my case media/sda1

Thanks to Gerry wicklow
    Hopefully will help someone else
    Thanks deezel

Backtrack to recent posts on sharing hdd using samba plugin,the second box can see the contents of the main Box hdd and play the recordings. If you get a smart tv as new set, it could do this directly from the box. If it's android based smart tv then you can install dreamdroid app on the tv and fully access the box, epg, tuners, recordings, even 'those ' channels only available on the box. Second box becomes optional, though useful for independent viewing of the sat channels. Ideally, a smart tv with its own dvb- s sat receiver built in.

Cheers deezell my problem is I can't find my box on my network on the laptop, had samba running fine on my old arp image on Windows 7 but have never managed it on hyperion since running Windows 10

Cheers deezell my problem is I can't find my box on my network on the laptop, had samba running fine on my old arp image on Windows 7 but have never managed it on hyperion since running Windows 10
    Go to post 5625 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98667488&postcount=5625 about this, you can test if the box is sharing hdd as it shows up on a network scan on itself. From there it shows up on my win 10 laptop, win 7 pc, even on file manager apps on my phone. Those who have second box confirm it works fine.

Go to post 5625 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98667488&postcount=5625 about this, you can test if the box is sharing hdd as it shows up on a network scan on itself. From there it shows up on my win 10 laptop, win 7 pc, even on file manager apps on my phone. Those who have second box confirm it works fine.

Brilliant i will try it when I get home, so if I can get samba running ok and can share my hd off my main Box what's my best option for a second TV? Another single Tuner box?

Brilliant i will try it when I get home, so if I can get samba running ok and can share my hd off my main Box what's my best option for a second TV? Another single Tuner box?
    See my previous wish list. A second box is the safest solution, I assume you can get a sat feed or feeds to it. Basic single tuner box like the alien mini would do. If you've yet to buy the second telly, an Android smart TV would allow the installation of Dreamdroid which can stream live and recorded from the first box, EPG, set timers etc. No need for a second box but you might want to watch sat on the new Tv without having to go across the network from the first box. A telly with built in DVB-s Satellite tuner might be a good choice, though it might only have now next on the sat Epg. Honestly, IMHO second basic single tuner box and whatever TV you like will work without complications, will see your HDD for recordings, and could in the future be used for box to box live channel streaming if you want to fiddle.

See my previous wish list. A second box is the safest solution, I assume you can get a sat feed or feeds to it. Basic single tuner box like the alien mini would do. If you've yet to buy the second telly, an Android smart TV would allow the installation of Dreamdroid which can stream live and recorded from the first box, EPG, set timers etc. No need for a second box but you might want to watch sat on the new Tv without having to go across the network from the first box. A telly with built in DVB-s Satellite tuner might be a good choice, though it might only have now next on the sat Epg. Honestly, IMHO second basic single tuner box and whatever TV you like will work without complications, will see your HDD for recordings, and could in the future be used for box to box live channel streaming if you want to fiddle.

Thanks, I will probably just pick up a cheap TV and the amiko mini as I can get another sat feed, will adding another feed weaken the sat signal to the boxes? Is the mini enigma 2 and is there images on here I can use?

• Advertisement

Thanks, I will probably just pick up a cheap TV and the amiko mini as I can get another sat feed, will adding another feed weaken the sat signal to the boxes? Is the mini enigma 2 and is there images on here I can use?
    The extra feed will be from a spare plug on your dish LNB, this wont weaken the existing feeds. The mini can be bought with Spark or E2 (probably OpenATV), extra 2-5€ depending on supplier, or you could use the most recent Hyperion E2 image from the many posted here, one posted just a few weeks ago if I recall. Ask supplier which E2 he's offering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement