Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

deezell wrote: »
    I assume your'e getting webif up on your browser. What does the stream.m3u file contain? Right click on the telly icon, save the file and open it with notepad. I assume your'e trying to stream on your internal lan, if trying to view from outside your router would have to port forward port 8001 from the outside to the box, as this is the port used for the stream. Post the contents of a typical stream.m3u link file.

Yes WebIf come up on the browser and its an internal lan. I save the stream file which contains

#EXTM3U
    #EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
    #EXTVLCOPT:program=2801
    http://192.168.1.23:8001/1:0:1:AF1:7ED:2:11A0000:0:0:0::RTÉ One

In VLC I click Media/open Network Stream and paste in

http://192.168.1.23:8001/1:0:1:AF1:7ED:2:11A0000:0:0:0::

Nothing happens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Griffinx wrote: »
    Yes WebIf come up on the browser and its an internal lan. I save the stream file which contains

#EXTM3U
    #EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
    #EXTVLCOPT:program=2801
    http://192.168.1.23:8001/1:0:1:AF1:7ED:2:11A0000:0:0:0::RTÉ; One

In VLC I click Media/open Network Stream and paste in

http://192.168.1.23:8001/1:0:1:AF1:7ED:2:11A0000:0:0:0::

Nothing happens

Long shot, Go to WebIf config in plugins, at last menu item disable "add service name to stream information", set it to "no". Failing that I'd say your router is blocking port 8001. Not easy to change this on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

how.gareth wrote: »
    Brilliant i will try it when I get home, so if I can get samba running ok and can share my hd off my main Box what's my best option for a second TV? Another single Tuner box?

Sorry I meant to ask what settings I should have in samba server?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Long shot, Go to WebIf config in plugins, at last menu item disable "add service name to stream information", set it to "no". Failing that I'd say your router is blocking port 8001. Not easy to change this on the box.

I was testing with RTÉ1 and it doesn't work but I got it working with other channels..wonder has it something to do with the fada

Anyway thanks for the help

Griffinx wrote: »
    I was testing with RTÉ1 and it doesn't work but I got it working with other channels..wonder has it something to do with the fada

Anyway thanks for the help

Looking at the ID, is that RTE one from terrestrial, if so, terrestrial channels will stream provided the box is not tuned to a terrestrial channel from a different Mux, so box must be tuned to any sat, or RTE One, UTV or RTE1 +1 which share a mux. This could be the reason its blank.

• Advertisement

Sorry I meant to ask what settings I should have in samba server?

Just save default settings, then open it again and run it. The share named share 1 (media) will be, er, shared. You can change this to root, HDD etc using right left arrows, and there are three share locations in the setup you can define.

Just save default settings, then open it again and run it. The share named share 1 (media) will be, er, shared. You can change this to root, HDD etc using right left arrows, and there are three share locations in the setup you can define.

I can't see an option to save default settings?

I can't see an option to save default settings?
    red button.

red button.

The red button on mine is just for "save settings" I'm sure I messed around with the settings at some stage so I tried reinstalling samba but I still can't get it back to default settings. Should it have the box ip and share 1 be media? Can someone put up a screen shot of their settings please so I'm sure I have it right, i did a scan and it seems to have found itself but I can't see the box on my laptop although Webif works fine

The red button on mine is just for "save settings" I'm sure I messed around with the settings at some stage so I tried reinstalling samba but I still can't get it back to default settings. Should it have the box ip and share 1 be media? Can someone put up a screen shot of their settings please so I'm sure I have it right, i did a scan and it seems to have found itself but I can't see the box on my laptop although Webif works fine

No it's really as simple as the posts say. You need to save the default settings first time you use it, to create a config file before you turn on the sharing. After you hit the red button, default settings are transferred to a local config,. Run samba again and this time start the server, green button I think. No ips required. When you discover the share on another box or pc it will be sharing the virtual folder "media", which will be same contents as media on the box. Hdd, etc. You can create a share just to a specific location, such as media/hdd/movies. You won't need the box ip to discover this share. On the same box go to blue panel/mounts/network sharing and scan for shares. The box share will show, along with any shares you have on local pcs, tablets, router connected storage etc. Do a reboot on the box after this, then try to discover on you laptop.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

is there a way to map a specific button on the remote to a specific task?

example: I would like to maybe map two of the coloured buttons;

• One to restart Oscam server.
    • One to start DLNA client.

is there a way to map a specific button on the remote to a specific task?

example: I would like to maybe map two of the coloured buttons;

• One to restart Oscam server.
    • One to start DLNA client.
    On Hyperion 4.5 keymap.xml is in usr/local/share/enigma2.

Assignation of keys is context based, so the press of the red button can be assigned to a command that is within the context of the screen. Read the code and you get the idea. I don't know if you can nest contexts in this file to achieve the number of presses normally required, into a single press. I'm trying to figure how you could restart Oscam without having the context of menu/bluepanel/emu or menu/plugins/oscam up first. There might be a way, intuition tells me the plugin interface might need to be on screen for a button press to have any meaning.

EDIT. here's a plugin might do what you want
    https://github.com/pingflood/keymapconfig

Or another one named Quickbutton
    http://opkg.familienforum.biz/e2plugins/enigma2-plugin-extensions-quickbutton_1.0-r2_sh4.ipk

Aha that's super, I had the box ip filled in on mine so maybe that was the problem, will redo it with those exact settings when I get home, on a similar note can I access the box hard drive via Webif?

Aha that's super, I had the box ip filled in on mine so maybe that was the problem, will redo it with those exact settings when I get home, on a similar note can I access the box hard drive via Webif?

Sort of, under Stream/Movies you can view the list of recorded programs, which you can then stream directly on the pc or download to it. above this list is the directory structure, root, hdd etc, and you can dig down through these, though you will not see any files presumably because of permissions.

Sort of, under Stream/Movies you can view the list of recorded programs, which you can then stream directly on the pc or download to it. above this list is the directory structure, root, hdd etc, and you can dig down through these, though you will not see any files presumably because of permissions.

Well still no joy with finding the box on my network unfortunately, the mount looks fine and everything seems ok on the box I think, this is what I get with the scan on the box

2nd ip is my laptop I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Question for you guys.... what are the 'loop' connectors for on the back of the box. Checked the manual and there is no explanation.

Reason that I'm interested is that I'm hoping that it is a way for the satellite inputs to be sent on to another set top box. I have two old sky boxes that I would like to use for TV in other rooms.

Well still no joy with finding the box on my network unfortunately, the mount looks fine and everything seems ok on the box I think, this is what I get with the scan on the box

It would be interesting to see if your new box discovers the main box share. hard to explain why your laptop can't see it, especially as it shows up on the box. My file list shows the box as a source in Network (attached). Only other reason I can think of might be the network configuration of the box, possibly an incorrrect subnet mask.
    Network ifles.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Question for you guys.... what are the 'loop' connectors for on the back of the box. Checked the manual and there is no explanation.

Reason that I'm interested is that I'm hoping that it is a way for the satellite inputs to be sent on to another set top box. I have two old sky boxes that I would like to use for TV in other rooms.
    Satellite boxes send a control voltage signal to the dish as part of the tuning system. If you try to loop a second box onto the same cable you will create a clash.

Barnaboy wrote: »

This will work but with severe limitations. The signal coming down from the dish is switched by the main receiver from one of two bands and one of two polarities, four possible types each carrying about a quarter of all channels available. Unless the channel you seek on your second box connected to the loop output has the same band and polarity, you'll get a blank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Are you using windows 7 by any chance or an even earlier windows version? Some versions of windows had a bug which would not 'see' a samba server.

It would be interesting to see if your new box discovers the main box share. hard to explain why your laptop can't see it, especially as it shows up on the box. My file list shows the box as a source in Network (attached). Only other reason I can think of might be the network configuration of the box, possibly an incorrrect subnet mask.
    Network ifles.jpg
    I will see how I get on when I sort out another box, you were spot on with accessing the boxes hard drive with Webif. The wife can easily watch her recordings up in bed on the laptop for now so a bit of breathing space! Thanks for the help and patience as ever ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi all i have a alien 1 running enigma2. iv just set it up and all is working great. i have updated boutiques and cross epg and all is working grand but when i click on rte 1 or 2 it green screens my box.i have reflashed it twice still no change.would anyone have any idea,s???? cheers all as my head is done in :mad::mad:

Are you using windows 7 by any chance or an even earlier windows version? Some versions of windows had a bug which would not 'see' a samba server.

No I'm using windows 10 which is working fine for Deezell. It's probably some setting in something I changed when I was fiddling about as usual

No I'm using windows 10 which is working fine for Deezell. It's probably some setting in something I changed when I was fiddling about as usual

Gerry is on to something though, read. https://techjourney.net/cannot-connect-to-cifs-smb-samba-network-shares-shared-folders-in-windows-10/
    Some win 10 think samba is insecure, and won't see servers with guest access. You could try disable guest in samba config, restart samba, then try network in windows, it might find the box but with a user/ password request. Mine just worked though, upped to windows 10 only a month ago, but had been able to see the box on Win 7 on and off as I went through spark, openatv, spark, hyperion etc. It was absent. after my last reflash of hyperion a good time ago, reappearing as soon as I started samba.server recently. You could have a play with astro file manager or es explorer apps on an android phone, both of these find my box.

massy086 wrote: »
    hi all i have a alien 1 running enigma2. iv just set it up and all is working great. i have updated boutiques and cross epg and all is working grand but when i click on rte 1 or 2 it green screens my box.i have reflashed it twice still no change.would anyone have any idea,s???? cheers all as my head is done in :mad::mad:

Are these terrestrial Rte 1 and 2? You need to delete these from the epg then rescan your local transmitter and add the found channels to your bouquets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

This will work but with severe limitations. The signal coming down from the dish is switched by the main receiver from one of two bands and one of two polarities, four possible types each carrying about a quarter of all channels available. Unless the channel you seek on your second box connected to the loop output has the same band and polarity, you'll get a blank.

OK so, I'll proceed with original plan and buy a quad LNB and route a new cable upstairs....

Gerry is on to something though, read. https://techjourney.net/cannot-connect-to-cifs-smb-samba-network-shares-shared-folders-in-windows-10/
    Some win 10 think samba is insecure, and won't see servers with guest access. You could try disable guest in samba config, restart samba, then try network in windows, it might find the box but with a user/ password request. Mine just worked though, upped to windows 10 only a month ago, but had been able to see the box on Win 7 on and off as I went through spark, openatv, spark, hyperion etc. It was absent. after my last reflash of hyperion a good time ago, reappearing as soon as I started samba.server recently. You could have a play with astro file manager or es explorer apps on an android phone, both of these find my box.

How would I access the samba config to change the guest access?

Sorry I see the option for disabling it, and should the mount be cifs or nfs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mjatkey

Guys for anyone having issues with RTE and RT ONE I followed dkanes guide to update Autobouquets but found that by using opkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_20160111_all.ipk after installing the file in the temp directory failed to run.
    So I found opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk …..worked fine.

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement