Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Unfortunately it's just one of the drawbacks of the MIPS architecture. I'm planning an upgrade soon and I'm not looking forward to watching the football in SD on a MIPS receiver.

Football and golf are indeed dreadful in SD on a Mips receiver .

There was talk last year on a few German forums of a new dual core Sh4 based receiver being developed .
    I was hoping it would have materialized by now as it would have the extra grunt required and keep the excellent picture quality but alas it seems to have been a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

@Zardoz, I'm using your Hyperion 4.5 backup on a SAB triple box, if I upgrade to the latest Spark version & channel list will it mess up my Enigma2 installation?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Zardoz wrote: »
    Football and golf are indeed dreadful in SD on a Mips receiver .

There was talk last year on a few German forums of a new dual core Sh4 based receiver being developed .
    I was hoping it would have materialized by now as it would have the extra grunt required and keep the excellent picture quality but alas it seems to have been a myth.
    I imagine that when I do spend 3 or 4 hundred on a new box the dual core MIPS receiver will be released :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

lensman wrote: »
    @Zardoz, I'm using your Hyperion 4.5 backup on a SAB triple box, if I upgrade to the latest Spark version & channel list will it mess up my Enigma2 installation?

no wont effet it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi all please help i have a gm900 and im running 4.5 hyperion .but im getting a spinning circle alot and it wont let me change channel or do anything with the remote.i have reflashed a few images and i am still seeing this problem.can anyone shed some light on how i can fix this as my head is wrecked now with this cheers

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »
    hi all please help i have a gm900 and im running 4.5 hyperion .but im getting a spinning circle alot and it wont let me change channel or do anything with the remote.i have reflashed a few images and i am still seeing this problem.can anyone shed some light on how i can fix this as my head is wrecked now with this cheers
    try clearing the cache, remove any unwanted plugins, check your channel lists are correct,check your tuner settings,..cant think of anything else atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Have you tried the Vix4e2 image? I have been using it on an AA2+ for a while now with no problems. If you have XMLTV importer then disable automatic import EPG.

I have an AA2+ for sale, if you are still looking for one drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is a HDD definitely connected and fully mounted?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Is a HDD definitely connected and fully mounted?

I noticed the aa2 prefers a USB stick or a powered HDD and larger portable unpowered hard drives can cause some freezing.

hi would anyone have a good resource for amiko alien 1 files as im finding it hard to find stuff for it spark or enigma cheers

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of adding a 1TB Toshiba Canvio Basics USB2.0/3.0 Portable Hard Drive to my SAB triplex box, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I noticed the aa2 prefers a USB stick or a powered HDD and larger portable unpowered hard drives can cause some freezing.

I have a 1TB USB hard drive connected to my AA2 and never had any problems. Then again I never try pausing live TV, only ever record one thing at a time and am normally never watching TV when recording something.

Flex

After more researching it turns out it doesn't like the xmltv being set to auto import epg. it might be that the data is being put onto the internal flash instead of the hdd?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Saorview broadcasts 2 groups of channels on 2 freqeuncies known as muxes. Your box can only watch one frequency at a time.
    If you are recording or streaming a channel from Saorview, you will only be able to access other channels from the same mux. E.G. if recording RTÉ1, you can only access UTVi and RTÉ1+1/Jr

Gerry - just jumping back to this, so this is a limitation with saorview? I.e I presume it ain't possible to have all saorview channels coming in on the same frequency/mux? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Tuesday13 wrote: »
    Gerry - just jumping back to this, so this is a limitation with saorview? I.e I presume it ain't possible to have all saorview channels coming in on the same frequency/mux? Thanks

Correct. A mux is what used to be a single analogue Uhf tv channel, which with the miracle of digital compression can carry up to 7 digital channels, one of them HD. Saorview uses two uhf channels for all it's live and test Digital channels. To receive these simultaneously and hence be able to watch one record/stream another would require twin terrestrial tuners. This is not difficult for some boxes which have optional plugin tuners or usb terrestrial tuners, so it is possible to have this facility.EDIT, with a single tuner, you can record /view two or more channels from the same mux. RTE1 Hd, +1/jnr and UTV Ireland are on one mux, the rest on the other. Don't forget your Tv has a spare Saorview compatible tuner unless it's an older Mpeg2 pre saorview set.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Tuesday13 wrote: »
    For comparison, Brougher Mountain in the North uses 7 muxes (7 different frequencies) to supply all of it's FreeView channels.

While on the subject of saorview, they have just launched saorview connect, https://www.saorview.ie/en/news/article/rte-and-saorview-partner-with-freesat-to-deliver-a-next-generation-product
    This extends the Saorview service to give lots of extra features, using a special box same as UK freeview extended. Of interest to us box owners would be the red button service, essentially an extra broadcast on the spare channels. TG4 already used this to broadcast the rugby and the elections at the same time.

I'm having a problem with mine. After about 20-30 minutes of watching something the box will freeze up and a spinning circle comes up in the corner like it's loading something up but nothing ever happens. I can't turn the box over or do anything apart from turn the box off with the switch at the back. I've reflashed enigma 2 back on thinking that might sort it but it's not. Anyone got an idea of what's wrong .im using a gm900 and have tried many enigma 2 images all the same.is there a way of completyly wipping the box and starting over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I'm having a problem with mine. After about 20-30 minutes of watching something the box will freeze up and a spinning circle comes up in the corner like it's loading something up but nothing ever happens. I can't turn the box over or do anything apart from turn the box off with the switch at the back. I've reflashed enigma 2 back on thinking that might sort it but it's not. Anyone got an idea of what's wrong .im using a gm900 and have tried many enigma 2 images all the same.is there a way of completyly wipping the box and starting over
    One of the most common problems and solutions is to make sure your hard drive is mounted and epg is pointed to it, if it's saving to your internal memory then it will keep crashing

how.gareth wrote: »
    One of the most common problems and solutions is to make sure your hard drive is mounted and epg is pointed to it, if it's saving to your internal memory then it will keep crashing
    tbh im pointing it to my usb witch is formated ext 3 so dont think that is the cause

• Advertisement

tbh im pointing it to my usb witch is formated ext 3 so dont think that is the cause

Check that record,timeshift are also pointing to usb. Make sure it's mounted. The box will reassign media to flash if the mount is not valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

sorry if this is the wrong thread but I see the firmware one is closed.

I am wondering is there an enigma 2 image for this box that also has kodi or maybe good streaming plugins.

want the Ireland sat/terrestrial channels but also the option to stream videos.

anyone got an irish image built for this already?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

BopperSnr wrote: »

I am wondering is there an enigma 2 image for this box that also has kodi or maybe good streaming plugins.

The latest no discussion firmware thread is still open

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057378184/1/#post98273480

You won't find kodi on any of the images in that thread though because the ported version of kodi is brutal. You could install the plugin but it'll take an age to do anything, it'll slow the box right down and probably green screen it if your planning on using it for any length of time. The aa2 isn't powerful enough to run it smoothly. Your best off buying a chromecast for €30, you won't be tearing your hair out.

BopperSnr wrote: »

If you want to install Kodi, this is a newer version on the openpli site, it's referred to as working in the Pkteam gm triple forum, which should work in an Alien2.

http://forums.openpli.org/topic/38928-plugin-kodidirectv30/

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

IPTV Player plugin is a lot better laid out and smoother than TSMedia or the Kodi versions.

Will take a bit of extra time to do generate the lists and grab the streams on Amiko but will work, maybe download the files direct to HDD first and watch from there to reduce the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

I'm using hyperion 4.5 and I've lost RTE1 etc satellite stations. I've run autobouquets and rats but I stil get sid not found .. assume the plugins need to be updated .. is there an easy way through the menus to do this ? TIA

celtic_oz wrote: »
    I'm using hyperion 4.5 and I've lost RTE1 etc satellite stations. I've run autobouquets and rats but I stil get sid not found .. assume the plugins need to be updated .. is there an easy way through the menus to do this ? TIA

Irish channels on Astra changed freq awhile ago,do a manual scan on 12266 H - 27500 - 5/6 & the Irish channels will be picked up & deposited in the ALL channels section;),

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭Joeface

Can I mount a USB drive at the same time as my NAS .

Have recordings working to my NAS but would like EPG and maybe time shift to go to the USB , so that my nas would sleep every now and again .

Currently using Champions OpenATV 5.1

Joeface wrote: »
    Can I mount a USB drive at the same time as my NAS .

Have recordings working to my NAS but would like EPG and maybe time shift to go to the USB , so that my nas would sleep every now and again .

Currently using Champions OpenATV 5.1

Bedad, you can. NAS, PC shares, USB HDD or stick when mounted (automatically or manually) all appear as storage choices for record, timeshift, EPG, swapfile, and in media player as locations. I have a PC share, a Stick plugged into my router shared (enabled on the router first), a 1Tb usb drive and an occasional stick in the front. I did suffer my first ever major crash recently when something went amiss while I was messing with streaming media from an android device to "play on dreambox" (dreamdroid app) from a source not on the android device, but from the same PC share visible on my droid. Reboot didn't recover and had to reflash. Serves me right I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭Joeface

ok ,shall double check that when I get home this evening , seeing alot of the loading icon in the corner of the screen, I am attributing it to EPG and other stuff in the back ground been slow to the nas . so Figure I can move it to local usb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement