Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi i just got a aa2+ and have setup with pkteam 4.5 i have hdd all setup but how do i view my recorded shows???

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

massy086 wrote: »
    hi i just got a aa2+ and have setup with pkteam 4.5 i have hdd all setup but how do i view my recorded shows???

press the play button (as in >)
    to clarify that at the bottom of the remote are stop pause and play buttons, you can press 1,4,7 to go backwards in steps and 3,6,9 to go forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Zardoz wrote: »
    I installed Pbnigma on it ages ago ,must be 4-5 months ago and found it pretty decent for Enigma 2.
    I also bought the Enigma 2 remote which works much better than the normal controller .

I've ran two identical 50 inch plasmas beside each other ,one with a Solo 2 and the other with an Alien 2 and there is a difference.
    The wife thinks I'm mad trying all these receivers and constantly tweaking picture settings on the tv's.

It's because of posts like this that I will take my que from Zardoz in relation to finding a box worth upgrading to!

I imagine your poor wife constantly struggling to find the right remote, and never actually getting to watch anything from start to finish, with out a " just going to try ...." (But then again, we've all been there!) Keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Imstuck wrote: »
    Had a bit of time on my hands today so played around with the box a little, tried to flash the vix image for no particular reason and it wouldn't flash, the vix screen came on for a while, flashed on and off for a while then a blank screen, no idea why.
    Back to 5.1 for me, frosty jims, ultra snappy.
    Has anyone successfully ran Iptv on the amiko? Any feedback if so?

The Vix4 E2? As Vix don't do any official image .

If it was, just make sure you have downloaded the image for the Alien 2 rather than the Mini or 8900 by accident.

Otherwise, is it a download from the Vix4E2 site of some one elses image?

If someone elses, they may have set the picture mode to higher than what your TV is capable of resulting in the blank screen on load.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

dav32cs wrote: »
    The Vix4 E2? As Vix don't do any official image .

If it was, just make sure you have downloaded the image for the Alien 2 rather than the Mini or 8900 by accident.

Otherwise, is it a download from the Vix4E2 site of some one elses image?

If someone elses, they may have set the picture mode to higher than what your TV is capable of resulting in the blank screen on load.

It was off the lava site, vix4e2, more than confident it was the aa2 download, and my TV can show 1080p as far as I'm aware so not sure what went on. Thanks for the reply 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I use the DLNA client option a lot on my AA2 (Hyperion 4.5) to browse my NAS, but it needs to be activated after each standby.

is there a way to have the DLNA client to start on boot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hey folks I'm attempting to make my own 5.1 from frostyjims untouched image, can anyone explain how I get the sky skin please? I have done some googling and found some info but still not sure where I put it and how I do it, thanks

how.gareth wrote: »
    Hey folks I'm attempting to make my own 5.1 from frostyjims untouched image, can anyone explain how I get the sky skin please? I have done some googling and found some info but still not sure where I put it and how I do it, thanks
    I managed to download and install the new sky Q skin but it's very slow and I'm presuming it's not designed for Hyperion 5.1? Still looking for a link to a normal working suitable sky skin please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

does anyone have the slyk hd skin running or is it even possible on the AA2?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    does anyone have the slyk hd skin running or is it even possible on the AA2?

Both frostyjim and zardoz have it on their Hyperion images so it's definitely doable

• Advertisement

Both frostyjim and zardoz have it on their Hyperion images so it's definitely doable

So I've managed to download a working copy of autoboquets and sent it to the box via dcc, only other plugins I've installed is historyzapselector and Oscam, I tried a few different sky skins and eventually found a skyhd version that's different to different to any I've used before. Seems to be a bit slow on boot up but works fine after a minute or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Hi

I have an amiko micro hd and I had to change my home wireless name. Now it keeps picking up the old name and can't connect.

Just to clarify, it picks up new name but when I go to add password the network ssid is the old one

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just was putting 5.1 FP's on my brothers box and it keeps crashing or green screen when trying to run autobouquets or epg. Any ideas?

Just was putting 5.1 FP's on my brothers box and it keeps crashing or green screen when trying to run autobouquets or epg. Any ideas?

Suppose the usual stuff is ok, epg directed to the hard drive ?

Yeah Gareth, all ok, some crazy stuff going on, couldn't run anything, crash on going into menu, all sorts of stuff, after 30 reboots, 4 reflashes, and about the best part of 3 hours later, I managed to set it up.
    And I still have no idea what was going on!!!!

Yeah Gareth, all ok, some crazy stuff going on, couldn't run anything, crash on going into menu, all sorts of stuff, after 30 reboots, 4 reflashes, and about the best part of 3 hours later, I managed to set it up.

They can be awkward things at the best of times!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

lol getting it all set for next years Premier league early

the vi4x are simple to set up images , the picture qualitys ok aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noleybaby

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

I have an amiko micro hd and I had to change my home wireless name. Now it keeps picking up the old name and can't connect.

Just to clarify, it picks up new name but when I go to add password the network ssid is the old one

Any ideas?

Thanks

This happened to me sometime ago and I reflashed the box and that fixed it.
    Have you got a current channel list working ? Lava stopped supporting OTA channel updates so it's a pain now to keep up with channel moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noleybaby

So I've managed to download a working copy of autoboquets and sent it to the box via dcc, only other plugins I've installed is historyzapselector and Oscam, I tried a few different sky skins and eventually found a skyhd version that's different to different to any I've used before. Seems to be a bit slow on boot up but works fine after a minute or two?

try using MGCAMD instead of OSCAM, I personally find it far more reliable.I wrote a guide on how install mgcamd and its' on the cs kings .biz website, titled "Setup Guide - mgcamd"

noleybaby wrote: »
    try using MGCAMD instead of OSCAM, I personally find it far more reliable.I wrote a guide on how install mgcamd and its' on the cs kings .biz website, titled "Setup Guide - mgcamd"

It's the sky skin that's a slight problem, Oscam is running fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I just noticed that Hyperion 5.3 has been released .
    PKT SVN-3400 HYPERION v5.3 Image for gm7162 ie alien 2 and others

- [MIPS] new gstreamer 1.9.0
    - [HC] new gstreamer 1.8.0
    - new packages
    - a lot of fixes and updates
    - [sh4] & [HC] new second infobar XL mode

Untouched Hyperion 5.3 image for the Alien 2 for anyone who wants to be a guinea pig

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bc9h7988cefx6ld/AADJzAdTvjsLY8FWMicJKkWQa?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@Zardoz you must be psychic ;) I downloaded this about 20 mins before your post. First impressions are good. Setup and running in under 10 mins (I must be getting too much practice). Maybe wishful thinking but seems faster to respond.
    Over 30Mb free memory with all the usual installed compared to 1Mb free with Hyp 5.1.
    Will update if anything significant happens.

EDIT: The cool guide exit bug is still there needing the patched XML file.

EDIT 2: Some "Zap and Record" timers recorded but failed to zap.

@Zardoz you must be psychic ;) I downloaded this about 20 mins before your post. First impressions are good. Setup and running in under 10 mins (I must be getting too much practice). Maybe wishful thinking but seems faster to respond.
    Over 30Mb free memory with all the usual installed compared to 1Mb free with Hyp 5.1.

Hey Gerry how do I fix the exit bug? It's drives me potty!

Hey Gerry how do I fix the exit bug? It's drives me potty!
    Replace the cooltvguide keymap.xml with this version not the main keymap!!!
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide

(As always when messing with inner workings, do so at your own risk.)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

EDIT 2: Some "Zap and Record" timers recorded but failed to zap.

How are the multiple HD recordings view viewing soarview rte 1 or 2? (A specific question, but tells a lot)
    Are you moving from 4.5 or 5.1- how does the pq compare? Any noticeable difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Slevster wrote: »
    How are the multiple HD recordings view viewing soarview rte 1 or 2? (A specific question, but tells a lot)
    Are you moving from 4.5 or 5.1- how does the pq compare? Any noticeable difference?

also does the rte player work on this?

Replace the cooltvguide keymap.xml with this version not the main keymap!!!
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide

(As always when messing with inner workings, do so at your own risk.)

Cheers so do I delete the original one first and then ftp that one in?

Cheers so do I delete the original one first and then ftp that one in?
    Yes, FTP into the folder mentioned above. I would suggest either keeping a copy of the original or at least renaming it, just in case....

Slevster wrote: »
    Not near the box to check multi-recs until later. PQ seems the same. Went from 5.1

The random hangs on reboot is still there too.

• Advertisement

Yes, FTP into the folder mentioned above. I would suggest either keeping a copy of the original or at least renaming it, just in case....

Roger that, cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement