Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gleannboy

BT Sports is no longer clearing, anyone else experiencing this ?

Opening ok for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

noleybaby wrote: »

HDs gone, though server url is showing on pressing INFO, and logs showing ok.
    EDIT. Could they have upped to H265 encoding on the HD channels? Nothing out there about copyng sky HD system

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

what boxs work on h265 ?

Nowso wrote: »
    what boxs work on h265 ?

VU+ 4k solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Hi all

Does anyone know if a plugin exists which would restrict access to the On Screen Menus (or parts of it) ?

• Advertisement

noleybaby wrote: »

BT Hd now hardware paired with vendor boxes. SD left, for the moment. Thats that so. Sky Italia recently pulled sd support on non sky boxes, so SD not safe for much longer I guess. IpTv is all that will remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

deezell wrote: »
    BT Hd now hardware paired with vendor boxes. SD left, for the moment. Thats that so. Sky Italia recently pulled sd support on non sky boxes, so SD not safe for much longer I guess. IpTv is all that will remain.

That's a damn shame, I had iptv that worked on champions open arp image but won't work on Hyperion, I don't really understand what it is to be honest but if anyone fancies pming me with a rough idea and what can be used on these boxes I would appreciate it ðŸ‘

how.gareth wrote: »
    That's a damn shame, I had iptv that worked on champions open arp image but won't work on Hyperion, I don't really understand what it is to be honest but if anyone fancies pming me with a rough idea and what can be used on these boxes I would appreciate it ðŸ‘

IP ( internet protocol) TV is simply TV stream delivered entirely over you broadband connection, no satellites required, just a minimum 15-20 Mbs internet speed for HD, but you'd get away with a lot less. With faster networks being rolled out, it's definitely the future. Expect Ultra HD to be a streamed service, no sat equivalents. BBC 3 has gone internet only, and BT are heading this way. The private IPTV vendors will supply streams in a similar manner to current ' methods', many are already ramping up.

deezell wrote: »
    IP ( internet protocol) TV is simply TV stream delivered entirely over you broadband connection, no satellites required, just a minimum 15-20 Mbs internet speed for HD, but you'd get away with a lot less. With faster networks being rolled out, it's definitely the future. Expect Ultra HD to be a streamed service, no sat equivalents. BBC 3 has gone internet only, and BT are heading this way. The private IPTV vendors will supply streams in a similar manner to current ' methods', many are already ramping up.

Cheers for that, so I think I need to find out what if any images are suitable for it

Cheers for that, so I think I need to find out what if any images are suitable for it

the web tv function in spark plays iptv well

what iptv were u using

• Advertisement

the web tv function in spark plays iptv well

what iptv were u using

I'm not sure to be honest, it was over a year ago but when I changed to Hyperion the guy told me it wasn't compatible

I'm not sure to be honest, it was over a year ago but when I changed to Hyperion the guy told me it wasn't compatible

If going down the IPTV route, it might be better to have a dedicated hdmi dongle device, no tuners or cables required. Lots of very fast and cheap android devices out there. On the other hand, it's possible to have a full epg of channels pointing to remote streaming http server ip, which blends in with your existing fta channels.The channel entries look similar to the service list for astra but with an iP address embedded for the remote source. You get full epg etc. It's a case of how the IPTV service is offered. One for the future.

i have seem iptv and epg integrated , but iptv streams do tend to be from different sats so they will not all work as well

Guy just got back to me and said enigma 2 isn't great for iptv and suggested I just get a fire stick, now I'm even more confused, I presume you can't record off the likes of a fire stick? I would rather keep just my Sab rather than have other devices on the go but will do a bit of research into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Guy just got back to me and said enigma 2 isn't great for iptv and suggested I just get a fire stick, now I'm even more confused

Any kind of cheap android box or stick would be better then enigma 2 on an aa2. Most iptv services have android apps or run on kodi addons.

Guy just got back to me and said enigma 2 isn't great for iptv and suggested I just get a fire stick, now I'm even more confused

That's one of the hdmi devices I mentioned. Google it.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Any kind of cheap android box or stick would be better then enigma 2 on an aa2. Most iptv services have android apps or run on kodi addons.

Cheers I have only seen one android box running before and it was terrible quality stuff but maybe it was a crap box

Cheers I have only seen one android box running before and it was terrible quality stuff but maybe it was a crap box
    I have one of those, it even has a terrestrial tuner built in, but it's woefully underpowered. Might work for a while, constantly freezing or getting tied up with a billion little updates to the android apps on board. Just couldn't cope with decent bitrate streams. I resurrected it recently and installed Dreamdroid, just to see if it would pull the stream from my Sab. It worked quite well for a short while, then crashed. The newer android devices are far more powerful, but it's a whole different methodology to use them as a straight "receiver" for certain channels. Quality reports are good though from users I spoke to who have decent broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

A friend is having glitching issues during playback of recordings on his SAB triple box, he's running the enigma2 OpenPli based image that was supplied with the box, he added a 1TB HDD & his recordings & playback were fine for a few weeks but now he's getting glitching during playback, he connected the HDD to his PC & recordings still glitchy, I have the SAB too but don't record so I can't be of much help,.....any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Guy just got back to me and said enigma 2 isn't great for iptv and suggested I just get a fire stick, now I'm even more confused, I presume you can't record off the likes of a fire stick? I would rather keep just my Sab rather than have other devices on the go but will do a bit of research into it

If it was working 100% it would be great to have it as a dual use but the iptv streams have issues on enigma2 sometimes like audio sync. For easy of use, an Android/MAG/Smart TV/similar device is far better to use for the iptv streams.

• Advertisement

dav32cs wrote: »
    If it was working 100% it would be great to have it as a dual use but the iptv streams have issues on enigma2 sometimes like audio sync. For easy of use, an Android/MAG/Smart TV/similar device is far better to use for the iptv streams.

Iptvwizard.ie reads well, claims to support " all enigma 2" devices, well at least the ones in their list, all Mips at first glance. They have an android app for download, and a free three day trial. Email for enigma support, I assume they will point you to the correct plug in option.

Looks a bit dear as iptv servers go tbh

Looks a bit dear as iptv servers go tbh

True, I was more curious as to how they connected using an E2 box. Plugin or ip channel list. Sent a message, no reply so far.

lots use the m3u playlist that can easily be updated . they load onto spark webtv as is the m3u list can be played easier elsewhere aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Burks_ie

Looking for a dig out. Just got an amiko alien 2 running enigma 2 vix4. Whats the tuner setup. When recording one all the other channels are greyed out. Not sure if i have the cables and tuner setup right any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

Burks_ie wrote: »
    Looking for a dig out. Just got an amiko alien 2 running enigma 2 vix4. Whats the tuner setup. When recording one all the other channels are greyed out. Not sure if i have the cables and tuner setup right any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Havent got the alien plugged in at the mo
    But this is from my vu with vix
    Vuvix_zpskdnarqlw.jpg

Piccy looks a bit small
    But for tuner A DVB-S Nimm
    Single
    Sat 28.2 E Astra 2E/2F/2G

Same for both tuners A & B

Then Tuner C is DVB-T

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Burks_ie

amiko i am running it from an old sky box dual cable to the dish. Should on sat cable go in tuner a and the second in tuner b or should it loop tuner a?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

2 cables from dish 1 on to each sat input
    no loop

2 cables from dish 1 on to each sat input
    no loop

In tuner configuration set C = B. If both are set as single, then you would have to do a full scan separately for C. You would only do this if C was pointing at a different sat. C = B just applies all the channel info for one to the other. When you record, B is occupied and C has no tuning info to give channel change options. A is the terrestrial tuner on an alien, B and C are the sat tuners.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement