Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Must say the iptvwizard plugin interface is impressive. Clean no nonsense epg like channel lists. Would benefit from a faster box, but the triple manages well enough.Requires a code to stream, there's a 3 day trial available free. As Nowso says, it's pricey enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭techdiver

Is anyone using the IPTV Wizard plugin?

Is the HD picture actually HD? Going to give it a try over the weekend to see if it works out better than "other services" for HD channels.

Also, do you require a subscription per device or does one include use on a box and a phone for instance? Cheers.

techdiver wrote: »
    Is anyone using the IPTV Wizard plugin?

Is the HD picture actually HD? Going to give it a try over the weekend to see if it works out better than "other services" for HD channels.

Also, do you require a subscription per device or does one include use on a box and a phone for instance? Cheers.

You'd need to contact them and ask. I can't see it being possible to stream via webif, as the channels are accessed via a plugin, there is no addition to the epg. To use a phone would require the android version of the software, effectively a seperate connection. Unless the vendors permit an ip address to open more than one connection at a time, that would be the only way of pulling multiple streams from one subscription.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the webif streaming comes through the modem etc . you would be better using the m3u playlist on vlc media player

Nowso wrote: »
    the webif streaming comes through the modem etc . you would be better using the m3u playlist on vlc media player

For free iptv channels that's the way to go. IptvWizard appears to be a proprietary system, it's not immediately obvious if an m3u playlist is implemented, and if there is such a list, connections are passkey protected . The plugin handles this no doubt, but VLC, afaik , does not have a authorisation layer if a media source is protected. It can't/ won't ask for a key. I know windows media player can perform checks to authorise playback depending on approved ip. This is used by commercial online media vendors, industrial training films and the like, to limit online access to the clients ip range of addresses, and prevent off site playback.

• Advertisement

Further to Techdiver's query, you can still stream from the box while watching iptv, but from the tuners, not from the iptvwizard channel list. Streaming current channel will display the channel tuned before you ran the IPTVWizard plugin, not the channel being streamed on the plugin. With the plugin running there's precious little left to run the webif which enables streaming, memory is down to 1.5%, so a better box is called for if you're serious about this plugin. Someone with a vu or edision might want to try it and report.

deezell wrote: »
    Further to Techdiver's query, you can still stream from the box while watching iptv, but from the tuners, not from the iptvwizard channel list. Streaming current channel will display the channel tuned before you ran the IPTVWizard plugin, not the channel being streamed on the plugin. With the plugin running there's precious little left to run the webif which enables streaming, memory is down to 1.5%, so a better box is called for if you're serious about this plugin. Someone with a vu or edision might want to try it and report.

I tested this on my edision os mini and it works fine. Using iptv wizard to stream, and also streaming over the m3u play list through plex (or another iptv client).

I have a 3 day test of iptv wizard and whilst it works perfectly, the HD channels seem highly compressed and not of the highest quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 martind10

I've recently lost access to the oscam web interface (and oscam in general). Everything else is fine. I reflashed Fresh Pots Hyperion v4.5 which makes no difference. How can I get this active again?

OSCam - box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"

FYI - Open WebIf is fine, ftp access is fine...

Id greatly appreciate any direction

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Hi folks, long term user of Freshpots 4.5 Hyperion image.

I'm finding it crashing a lot lately but not have reimaged yet.
    Before I reimage is there any other images out there worth trying, or is H 4.5 still the best image out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

cork_south wrote:
    Hi folks, long term user of Freshpots 4.5 Hyperion image.

cork_south wrote:
    I'm finding it crashing a lot lately but not have reimaged yet. Before I reimage is there any other images out there worth trying, or is H 4.5 still the best image out there?

Experiencing the same for last week or so

• Advertisement

martind10 wrote: »
    I've recently lost access to the oscam web interface (and oscam in general). Everything else is fine. I reflashed Fresh Pots Hyperion v4.5 which makes no difference. How can I get this active again?

You'd need to restart the emu. Go to Blue panel. When it's off the interface is also off.

martind10 wrote: »

You'd need to restart the emu. Go to Blue panel. When it's off the interface is also off.
    Thanks but I tried that to no avail.
    EMU Manager v1.3.5
    EMU: oscam_9991 - now active

However,

Cardserver: "Server is not active"
    No ECM info.

It is as if something is missing

Server not active is normal if you're not serving your own card. If the cam is active but you can't pick up the Oscam web interface, something else is amiss. Fwiw, my version is oscam10000. You could upgrade the plugin.Try restarting your router, followed by rebooting the box. It's most likely a network port assignment glitch. Pc can see box on port 80 for webif, on FTP ports etc, but not on 8888. I assume this was the same port no you used on the original image, ano that you refreshed with the same image, so it can't have changed. ( some freeTV images out there use 8080). The fact that channels are not clearing sounds like the router is not making contact with the box other than FTP and http ports.

ok so I have tried rebooting all, router & box. No change. In the download plugins section I see oscam_10000_bin_only as an option to download. I then see that in the EMU Manager and can activate it from there. I presume that is all thats required to update oscam? Just so I am sure!

If so then I'm stumped again!!

Rumour has it that the UK SD service will turn off, as early as the 22nd this month. Probably not true, all the Sky SD boxes have to be replaced or their customers will go black. There are a million+ still in the UK, but they pulled Italy earlier this year. Also police raided the servers, and interestingly, anti piracy issued this statement.
    The Italian Tax Police performed a raid in different Italian cities to fight a card-sharing network offering Sky Italia and Mediaset Premium packages, reports the AAPA. Quoting Italian news sources, the Audiovisual Anti-Piracy Alliance said that Sky Italia provided technical support for the operation. The operation took place last month. The card sharing network operators offered service ……...
    …….The investigation, which lasted about a year, resulted in seizing computer terminals connected to the network which was the base of the operations from where they decoded encrypted audiovisual signals and streamed in real time via the web to customers. Several servers, all located outside Italy, were used to “support” the quality of the distributed signal
    s."
    Whats odd about this is the last sentence,” streamed in real time”, which seems to refer to IPTV activity, not card sharing. They obviously want to kill that as it’s the replacement service if SD goes.

It also goes on to say that they "accused" 9 people and identified 83 customers. So, if your'e one of the 83, expect a knock on your door....!

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2015/12/22/police-raids-sky-italia-card-sharing-network/

Using left/right keys can you change the emu from 9991 to 10000? See what happens if you activate 10000. Try turning active cam off, then on. Red, green. Use FTP or dcc to look at Oscam.config, make sure that the port is 8888. If you can't raise the Web interface then it's likely it's not running. Is your box ip fixed in network settings? If so, change to dhcp, then note if the ip has changed. Reboot if after changing ip, then check again for Oscam interface.

Tried all the variations in EMU Manager but no change. I checked the config file and the port is 8888. box ip was dhcp (but I noticed it wasn't changing). I fixed it to a different ip, no change. So I put it back to dhcp and still not working. It is very strange indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

It's been a while since I have posted, what is the latest Hyperion image for the AA2?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭Zardoz

If ye want to get this thread closed lads some posters are going the right way about doing it.

i set up 2 different images port forwarding for streaming hyp 5.1 and vix 4

streaming from my recording works fine no issues via webif , then stream a live channel and it breaks up bad theres not enough speed !!

any ideas , rather than record it 1st lol

Zardoz wrote: »
    If ye want to get this thread closed lads some posters are going the right way about doing it.

You're right Z, I've deleted replies, MartinD10, you should delete also as my replies in your quotes

Nowso wrote: »
    i set up 2 different images port forwarding for streaming hyp 5.1 and vix 4

streaming from my recording works fine no issues via webif , then stream a live channel and it breaks up bad theres not enough speed !!

any ideas , rather than record it 1st lol

Are you streaming outside your local network. Even internally, live streams can struggle if your box is connected by WiFi or if attempting to stream an HD channel. Recordings can buffer, which is probably why they stream better.

• Advertisement

yes i was trying to stream outside with sd channels . the recordings work ok , but not the live sd on wired connection

id prefer to use that , it will prob work better via wifi and faster upload speed , but strange that recordings will work but not live

Anyone know where to download the transcoding plugin for openwebif?

Anyone know where to download the transcoding plugin for openwebif?

Isn't that only available on certain images/ webif builds? Like black hole image for vu duo vu +. There will be a second icon on the webif page, straight stream on port 8001or transcoded stream on 8002. There will also be transcode plugin to set the stream resolution/ rates. Don't know if it's built into open pli webif.

Aaprt from that it needs a box with lots of processing power and the right video chip to handle transcoding. you wont get it to work on an alien2.

Aaprt from that it needs a box with lots of processing power and the right video chip to handle transcoding. you wont get it to work on an alien2.

I've the os mini, but I found a workaround using vlc as a proxy for transcoding.

I've the os mini, but I found a workaround using vlc as a proxy for transcoding.

Running on a pc? That works but not something you'd leave running while in spain on the hols. Enigma TV server and app makes this effortless, plus you can change channels, adjust bit rate etc. remotely using its Web interface. Still needs a pc running. Search this thread for a discussion on it.

Running on a pc? That works but not something you'd leave running while in spain on the hols. Enigma TV server and app makes this effortless, plus you can change channels, adjust bit rate etc. remotely using its Web interface. Still needs a pc running. Search this thread for a discussion on it.

It's only a temporary solution due to mobile data plan. I just need an easy way to compress one specific channel on Saturday to watch the rugby.

I use am iptv app the rest of the time when I'm on wifi and it works fine.

I'll look into the enigma tv app Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

Hi,

I'm very new to Enigma2. I have an Amiko Alien 2+ Triple Tuner with the original E2 image I got when I purchased it (~2 months ago).

I tried browsing around the plugins section today to see what type of plugins are available. However the list is empty. I'm sure I've seen a very long list of plugins available here before.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is a known issue? Perhaps I need to use a newer image? As far as I can tell the box is using 009-blue+ (according to the "about" information).

Thanks for any replies.

cian_r wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm very new to Enigma2. I have an Amiko Alien 2+ Triple Tuner with the original E2 image I got when I purchased it (~2 months ago).

I tried browsing around the plugins section today to see what type of plugins are available. However the list is empty. I'm sure I've seen a very long list of plugins available here before.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is a known issue? Perhaps I need to use a newer image? As far as I can tell the box is using 009-blue+ (according to the "about" information).

Thanks for any replies.

you have the vix4 image there is a vix 4 2.002 that i have loaded , the plugins your looking for are Likely in the extensions dropdown when you go into plugins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭Zardoz

cyndale wrote: »
    It's been a while since I have posted, what is the latest Hyperion image for the AA2?:confused:

Version 5.3 is the latest I believe .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement