Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Gave those two new images a quick spin, free memory on the vix was a massive improvement on Hyperion. Opendriod seemed very similar in setup and layout to vix. Still prefer the Hyperion 5.3 to be honest and will stick with it for now as its running virtually trouble free except for some sticky recordings which were solved by a reflash

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GSeamus

how.gareth wrote: »
    Gave those two new images a quick spin, free memory on the vix was a massive improvement on Hyperion. Opendriod seemed very similar in setup and layout to vix. Still prefer the Hyperion 5.3 to be honest and will stick with it for now as its running virtually trouble free except for some sticky recordings which were solved by a reflash

Where can I download Hyperion 5.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I'm running vix 2.2 and I've lost peg iv run crossepg but it's still missing anyone any ideas cheers all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i think mine was set to Hdd did u remove a usb?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

massy086 wrote: »
    I'm running vix 2.2 and I've lost peg iv run crossepg but it's still missing anyone any ideas cheers all

Check it's writing to hdd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

GSeamus wrote: »
    Where can I download Hyperion 5.3?

It's on this thread a few pages back, I used a basic image Gerry Wicklow posted which you will need to set up yourself, I'm not sure if anyone posted a backup of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GSeamus

how.gareth wrote: »
    It's on this thread a few pages back, I used a basic image Gerry Wicklow posted which you will need to set up yourself, I'm not sure if anyone posted a backup of it

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

cian_r wrote: »
    Thanks. The latest version is 2.2.002, right? I guess I need to download and reconfigure all my current extensions again (cross EPG etc.).

Plugins menu opened up OK for me on an older version the other night - possible it's been reactivated (but could be disabled again already if is being done on a permanent basis)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

anyone do there own backup of the latest hyperion yet for the alien 2

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

anyone do there own backup of the latest hyperion yet for the alien 2

Funny timing, I played with my config today and messed it up nd in the process of reinstalling Pot Hyperion 5.1.

You need a backup or just generally asking??

Dpjmie

• Advertisement

dpjmie wrote: »
    Funny timing, I played with my config today and messed it up nd in the process of reinstalling Pot Hyperion 5.1.

You need a backup or just generally asking??

Dpjmie
    looking to try it out anyway to see.u have a backup?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

looking to try it out anyway to see.u have a backup?

Here ya go, took a minute to upload sorry
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/etxm3a7gsn9zgh5/Freshpots%205.1.zip?dl=0

dpjmie

dpjmie wrote: »
    Here ya go, took a minute to upload sorry
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/etxm3a7gsn9zgh5/Freshpots%205.1.zip?dl=0

dpjmie

Is it better than 4.5 or no difference at all

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Nowso wrote: »
    New vix 4 2.3 out today

Hey thanks for the backup, I grabbed it from your Dropbox. Its running great so far and I'm loving the vix blue skin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hey thanks for the backup, I grabbed it from your Dropbox. Its running great so far and I'm loving the vix blue skin ;)

Have you tried this skin, its my personal favourite?
    http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84606-slyk-1-hd-sly-skin-version-3-now-available.html

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

jspuds wrote: »

No I haven't tried that one, I will make a backup later today and try it out thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

Hi,

Is there any alternative to CrossEPG? When I set the OpenTV provider to Sky UK Open TV, the EPG doesnt populate at all. If I deselect that provider, I get a partial EPG.

Hi,

Is there any alternative to CrossEPG? When I set the OpenTV provider to Sky UK Open TV, the EPG doesnt populate at all. If I deselect that provider, I get a partial EPG.

alternatively, any help to get the sky provider download to work would be greatly appreciated! :)

have irt set to your usb/hdd and delete the old epgdata and reboot and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭championc

On a spare box I gave to a friend, CrossEPG has disappeared from the menus and only the downloaded is in the Plugins section. I've removed it and re-create installed it but no joy at making it appear in the menus. Any ideas anyone - rather than rebuilding

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »
    have irt set to your usb/hdd and delete the old epgdata and reboot and try again

Thanks for the reply Nowso.

Im completely stumped as to why this wont work. What I have done:

1: Set EPG location to /media/hdd (the external hd)
    2: Set open TV providers to "Sky Uk OpenTV
    3: Deleted epg.data in /media/hdd
    4: Restarted box
    5: Download again from CrossEPG configuration

My EPG is a mix of my own channel lists plus a fresh list from auto bouquets (not sure if that makes a difference?)

if its out of date it might do . do the autobouqets maker opnes work better

the autobouquets ones work for the bbcs & itvs etc, but none others.

I guess I could try deleting everything and then get a fresh list from autobouquets and start again.

try a new autobouqets set up have u freesat selected in autob and not skeye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

Thanks for the reply Nowso.

Im completely stumped as to why this wont work. What I have done:

1:
    2:
    3: Deleted epg.data in /media/hdd
    4:
    5:
    Is there not 2 files for epg
    From memory
    I remember to clear epg data you delete the .dat file and there was also a similar file inside the cross epg folder
    so when you go to the drive one was a green dot ( epg.dat )
    Then when you go into the crossepg folder there is another
    You delete both of these
    Then setup
    crossepg
    download now
    Should be around 14 mb I think

How big is your download ?

Inside the crossepg folder there is a bunch of db files and a log file. The epg.dat is 4.4mb.

I tried deleting the crossepg folder as well ... same result though :(

I did read somewhere else that old channels might be a problem ... which is what nowso is saying.

Wheres the best place to delete channel bouquets? Dreambox editor?

Inside the crossepg folder there is a bunch of db files and a log file. The epg.dat is 4.4mb.

I tried deleting the crossepg folder as well ... same result though :(

I did read somewhere else that old channels might be a problem ... which is what nowso is saying.

Wheres the best place to delete channel bouquets? Dreambox editor?

Make sure both sat feeds to both tuners are good.
    Edit: Also openWebIf and select bouquet editor for instant edits, deletion etc. No need to restart box.

deezell wrote: »
    Make sure both sat feeds to both tuners are good.
    Edit: Also openWebIf and select bouquet editor for instant edits, deletion etc. No need to restart box.

Thanks for the info, deezell.

Both tuners are set correctly: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

What should I be looking for in openWebIf?

Been spending ages on this now and I'm totally confused as to why this wont work. I just reflashed with a completly fresh image of Vix and the same problem is there.

I did notice something slightly strange ... in the crossepg.log file there is the following line:

02/07/2016 17:17:28 EPGDB opened (root=/media/hdd//crossepg)

That looks wrong to me. Shouldnt it be /media/hdd/crossepg ?

Is there any way I can configure crossepg to save to a user defined location?

Thanks for the info, deezell.

Both tuners are set correctly: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

What should I be looking for in openWebIf?

Been spending ages on this now and I'm totally confused as to why this wont work. I just reflashed with a completly fresh image of Vix and the same problem is there.

I did notice something slightly strange ... in the crossepg.log file there is the following line:

02/07/2016 17:17:28 EPGDB opened (root=/media/hdd//crossepg)

That looks wrong to me. Shouldnt it be /media/hdd/crossepg ?

Is there any way I can configure crossepg to save to a user defined location?

Checked my log, only one backslash. Have a look in var/crossepg/crossepg.config to see what path is defined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

With samba turned on I can see my box in networks, however is it not possible to see the root of the box etc to make transferring files possible like on some other boxes?
    I can see what's in my hdd etc and a couple of empty files but that's it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement