Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

Hi,

Sorry for what are probably basic questions, but I'm not sure I am following you. Where can I check the frequency of the channels. I am missing a mix of FTA and Sly channels.

Both tuners are currently configured identically (i.e. Single - 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G). I have also tried setting tuner B to "equal to tuner A" with the same results.

What should the tuners be set to? Or maybe the config depends on location?

Thanks for your help.

Edit: also why would tuner A work OK, but not tuner B?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

I had a similar problem with a brand new box bought in uk, and as deezell has suggested there was a problem with the tuner on the box, vertical polarity was the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

cian_r wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry for what are probably basic questions, but I'm not sure I am following you. Where can I check the frequency of the channels. I am missing a mix of FTA and Sly channels.

Both tuners are currently configured identically (i.e. Single - 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G). I have also tried setting tuner B to "equal to tuner A" with the same results.

Thanks for your help.

signals are sent up the cable to switch LNB polarity and band. If either of these is missing or off spec, LNB won't switch. Sometimes the fault is in the LNB. If the band doesn't switch you'll only tune half the channels. If the polarity doesn't switch, same thing.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

signals are sent up the cable to switch LNB polarity and band. If either of these is missing or off spec, LNB won't switch. Sometimes the fault is in the LNB. If the band doesn't switch you'll only tune half the channels. If the polarity doesn't switch, same thing.

deezell wrote: »

OK, thanks. But isnt it strange then that both feeds work just fine on tuner A?

Is there any configuration of the tuner I should try?

• Advertisement

Not strange, the tuners switch the LNB independently, tuner B might be faulty, not delivering the correct tone or voltage. There are more detailed tuner settings where you can play with the levels of these signals.

Not strange, the tuners switch the LNB independently, tuner B might be faulty, not delivering the correct tone or voltage. There are more detailed tuner settings where you can play with the levels of these signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Hi guys is there any fix for bt sports at all yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi guys is there any fix for bt sports at all yet.

Installing and running the latest autobouquets should put the sd version in its place.

Direct download:enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_20160609_all

No fix for this, except to tune and use the SD versions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

be carefull there is a pinned post in the Satellite room that is still in force

Nowso wrote: »
    be carefull there is a pinned post in the Satellite room that is still in force
    Other fix is to get the proprietary BT box to use with your legitimate paid for bt card, which is now only good for sd on non bt boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kwontastic

How's it going lads/ladies does anyone know how to get bt 2 back on Sab android box I've put in latest frequencies and still not happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

kwontastic wrote: »
    How's it going lads/ladies does anyone know how to get bt 2 back on Sab android box I've put in latest frequencies and still not happening

Did you check your list in "last scanned"? It should be there if you entered the correct frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Evening all. Got a new Vu+ Solo 2 pre loaded with enigma 2, all going great for a few days then channels stared freezing on me. Timeouts mainly from what i could see in the log file.

I made a few changes here and there (change this and that in a configuration file, but honestly this is all gibberish to me) and so i think i should flash the box. I am absolutely new to this topic. Could someone point me to a good and stable image and give some directions on the flash process. I know copy files onto a fat32 usb..but then what?

Have the fear about bricking it...
    Thanks for holding my hand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Blowheads wrote: »
    Evening all. Got a new Vu+ Solo 2 pre loaded with enigma 2, all going great for a few days then channels stared freezing on me. Timeouts mainly from what i could see in the log file.

I made a few changes here and there (change this and that in a configuration file, but honestly this is all gibberish to me) and so i think i should flash the box. I am absolutely new to this topic. Could someone point me to a good and stable image and give some directions on the flash process. I know copy files onto a fat32 usb..but then what?

Best start a new thread, this one is not for the vu+ solo 2.

Blowheads wrote: »

Try this
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20Vu+%20Solo2.pdf

How to Flash a Vu+ Solo2
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noleybaby

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a backup copy of 5.3 with the most popular plugins installed that they can share ?

Using Alien 2 box and have been on 4.5 for ages which works and is stable but would like to try a new image.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nice_day

Gentlemen,

What is the best app to use on an Android phone to stream content from the AA2 to the phone?

Thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

nice_day wrote: »
    Gentlemen,

What is the best app to use on an Android phone to stream content from the AA2 to the phone?

Thanks

Ive been using dreamdroid and it works great.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.reichholf.dreamdroid

• Advertisement

Hi all
    Been a few days since I updated on this long running issue ;)

So sent the box back and the supplier confirmed a problem with the second tuner. So, new box installed and things are better but still a couple of issues I would be grateful for some advice on. Here is what I have done so far:

1) Manual scan on tuner A returns ~950 channels ... OK
    2) Manual scan on tuner B returns ~950 channels ... OK
    3) Run crossepg downloader ... OK
    4) Run crossepg downloader again (just for the hell of it) ... OK
    5) Add new custom bouquet of channels (with dreambox edit) ... OK
    6) Restart engima and check new bouquet is there ... OK
    7) Run crossepg downloader again ... NOT OK

When I run crossepg downloader after I edit the channel list with dreambox editor, the downloader hands at the stage "parsing summaries". The new bouquet is a mix of Saorview and FTA Sat channels. I've left it running for 30 minutes or more and it doesnt come back.

Any thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hi all,

My Dad is looking to get a box like mine. However I use an ethernet cable into the back of mine, and my Dad doesn't have this facility where the box will be going.

Can you plug a wifi adapter into the back of the Amiko Alien 2? Does it require fiddling with drivers or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭techdiver

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hi all,

My Dad is looking to get a box like mine. However I use an ethernet cable into the back of mine, and my Dad doesn't have this facility where the box will be going.

Can you plug a wifi adapter into the back of the Amiko Alien 2? Does it require fiddling with drivers or anything?

I would get an Edision OS mini instead. It has built in wifi and is a way superior box (I own both the AA2+ and the Edision OS mini).

Hi all,

You could get a set of the homeplugs. Fairly cheap and no messing around with anything

Hi all
    Been a few days since I updated on this long running issue ;)

So sent the box back and the supplier confirmed a problem with the second tuner. So, new box installed and things are better but still a couple of issues I would be grateful for some advice on. Here is what I have done so far:

1) Manual scan on tuner A returns ~950 channels ... OK
    2) Manual scan on tuner B returns ~950 channels ... OK
    3) Run crossepg downloader ... OK
    4) Run crossepg downloader again (just for the hell of it) ... OK
    5) Add new custom bouquet of channels (with dreambox edit) ... OK
    6) Restart engima and check new bouquet is there ... OK
    7) Run crossepg downloader again ... NOT OK

When I run crossepg downloader after I edit the channel list with dreambox editor, the downloader hands at the stage "parsing summaries". The new bouquet is a mix of Saorview and FTA Sat channels. I've left it running for 30 minutes or more and it doesnt come back.

Any thoughts??

Have you got tuner b equal to a? If you don't I think it can cause issues with epg

how.gareth wrote: »
    You could get a set of the homeplugs. Fairly cheap and no messing around with anything

Yeah looked at homeplugs first, but as this TV is in the kitchen the wall plugs are all in use.

Anyway decided to go with an Amiko Alien 2 + again, and the proprietary wifi adapter for it.

Probably for the best as its for my Dad, I'll be comfortable troubleshooting and working on issues he ever has with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Yeah looked at homeplugs first, but as this TV is in the kitchen the wall plugs are all in use.

Anyway decided to go with an Amiko Alien 2 + again, and the proprietary wifi adapter for it.

Probably for the best as its for my Dad, I'll be comfortable troubleshooting and working on issues he ever has with it.

you can get homeplugs with passthrough ie u plug into the back of them and dont loose your plug

Nowso wrote: »
    you can get homeplugs with passthrough ie u plug into the back of them and dont loose your plug

Was always under the impression that for top performance you need to plug directly into the socket.

To be honest its all worked out fine. My Dad gets great wifi signal around the house, and the adapter thingy was like €12, so considering there isnt even a big requirement for bandwidth, that will do him fine rather then dishing out €50 for plugs.

Like he's not even getting an external HDD anytime soon, as he is likely never going to record anything on it. Just literally into the kitchen for the sports so my Ma isn't giving him grief :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057624963
    How does one scan channels on the amiko, some channels are working while others are not showing signal.
    Do I go on simple scan or the other one, and what settings do I put in ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Ugh actually despise WiFi.

Got the alien 2 WiFi adapter from freetv for the Dad. Was able to enable the drivers and can see the wifi network when I scan, it jus won't connect

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement