Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

sent u a pm .its a edited version of openvix for the amiko alien 2

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Hi Folks,
    Quick question on my Amiko Alien 2.
    Its been running for months now without an issue - But for the last couple of days I cannot do the following :

Pause Live TV
    Delete anything from Hard Drive.
    Download the EPG to drive.
    Move any movies on the Drive.

I still can read from the drive ( Play existing movies etc .. )
    So looks like Amiko Alien 2 thinks the drive is in Read only mode for some reason ?? I'm running Enigma I believe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks .. Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Nowso wrote: »
    sent u a pm .its a edited version of openvix for the amiko alien 2

Hi again can I get cool man TV guide on this as its very handy and easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Zardoz wrote: »
    It makes a huge difference .

Do you switch off at the back or through the restart option on the remote?

how.gareth wrote: »
    Do you switch off at the back or through the restart option on the remote?

Switch it off at night b4 bed I'm trying it since yesterday to see if it will speed it back up and seems to be working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

TomPetty wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Quick question on my Amiko Alien 2.
    Its been running for months now without an issue - But for the last couple of days I cannot do the following :

Pause Live TV
    Delete anything from Hard Drive.
    Download the EPG to drive.
    Move any movies on the Drive.

I still can read from the drive ( Play existing movies etc .. )
    So looks like Amiko Alien 2 thinks the drive is in Read only mode for some reason ?? I'm running Enigma I believe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks .. Tom.

Back if up then reformat.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

deezell wrote: »
    Back if up then reformat.

Many thanks .. That worked a treat :-)

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

BBC red button frequencys for the Olympics. They are broadcasting 8 separate streams.

(was able to tune in the HD versions of the 1st 2nd & 3rd channel. Couldn't tune in the HD version of the others, but did tune in the sd version)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Hi, I'm running Hyperion 4.5 for approx 1 yr. In the last few days Crossepg will not download. I have tried a different HDD on the box and this has not made a difference. I am confident I can rule out the HDD as the point of failure. Crossepg downloader is currently set to use 28.2 on the OPENTV setting. Tried a Hyperion v5 image but had the same issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Ok, so after a weekend of hair pulling trouble shooting I finally fixed this. One of the f**king satellite cables had become disconnected. It has taken be nearly 48hrs of trying every IT fix I know and it was something simple. Trouble shooting 101 - check your cables!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

topper1978 wrote: »
    Ok, so after a weekend of hair pulling trouble shooting I finally fixed this. One of the f**king satellite cables had become disconnected. It has taken be nearly 48hrs of trying every IT fix I know and it was something simple. Trouble shooting 101 - check your cables!

As in networking, layer 1 is physical, always check your connections first!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I know this has probably been asked before for various images but can anybody give me some help in setting up a wi-fi connection with a Hyperion 4 image? I am setting up an Amiko Box for a friend who only has mobile broadband so has no ethernet connection on their modem.

I put the image I use (Hyperion 4) onto the box but when I insert the Wi-Fi adaptor to the USB connection on the front of the box there is no signal been detected. In fact there doesnt seem to be an option under the network section of setup to look for a wireless connection. I went into the PKT Blue Panel (Network section) but again there doesnt seem to be an option to detect and connect to a wireless network.

The broadband connection is recognised on Spark so I not sure what is wrong. I went into Plugins to see if there was some driver I need to install but could not find one.

Id appreciate any help. Thanks.

gazzer wrote: »
    I know this has probably been asked before for various images but can anybody give me some help in setting up a wi-fi connection with a Hyperion 4 image? I am setting up an Amiko Box for a friend who only has mobile broadband so has no ethernet connection on their modem.

I put the image I use (Hyperion 4) onto the box but when I insert the Wi-Fi adaptor to the USB connection on the front of the box there is no signal been detected. In fact there doesnt seem to be an option under the network section of setup to look for a wireless connection. I went into the PKT Blue Panel (Network section) but again there doesnt seem to be an option to detect and connect to a wireless network.

The broadband connection is recognised on Spark so I not sure what is wrong. I went into Plugins to see if there was some driver I need to install but could not find one.

Id appreciate any help. Thanks.
    Blue panel, Network, wifi driver set up, left arrow to select driver, blue button to test. Most dongles setup on the a2 use the railink chip. This is for 4.5, I'm assuming 4 is not much different

Blue panel, Network, wifi driver set up, left arrow to select driver, blue button to test. Most dongles setup on the a2 use the railink chip. This is for 4.5, I'm assuming 4 is not much different

I dont think there was was a wifi drive set up option within Network. There was a section for selecting a driver as in the picture. Each time I tried these I got an error though

I will double check when I get home though. Thanks for the reply.

I dont think there was was a wifi drive set up option within Network. There was a section for selecting a driver as in the picture. Each time I tried these I got an error though

I will double check when I get home though. Thanks for the reply.

See what you mean. Those are the 3 railink drivers. Google the dongle and see what chip it has. Hyperion 4.5 has these and 3 realtec drivers. Alternative, which I use, is to get a WiFi plug with ethernet port. Just pair to the wifi and cable connect to the box. Something like this, cheap as chips.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0050AI804/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1470913616&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=wifi+ethernet+adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=41YhUSeFw2L&ref=plSrch

See what you mean. Those are the 3 railink drivers. Google the dongle and see what chip it has. Hyperion 4.5 has these and 3 realtec drivers. Alternative, which I use, is to get a WiFi plug with ethernet port. Just pair to the wifi and cable connect to the box. Something like this, cheap as chips.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0050AI804/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1470913616&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=wifi+ethernet+adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=41YhUSeFw2L&ref=plSrch

Excellent. Thanks for that Link. I will check it out. In the meantime do you happen to have the download for Hyperion 4.5? If that works with the Dongle I would use that software. Thanks

I just checked the spec for the wi-fi dongle and it has a Ralink RT5370 Chipset

Excellent. Thanks for that Link. I will check it out. In the meantime do you happen to have the download for Hyperion 4.5? If that works with the Dongle I would use that software. Thanks

Raw image is on the pkteam forum, pkteam.pl , hard to follow. Best bet is an image on this thread, search the thread for the most recent. I use Zardoz image, search his posts. Hyperion is up to 5.3, I stuck with 4.5, if it's not broke etc. Some issues with WiFi on 5+, wired lan must be left enabled for wireless.

Raw image is on the pkteam forum, pkteam.pl , hard to follow. Best bet is an image on this thread, search the thread for the most recent. I use Zardoz image, search his posts. Hyperion is up to 5.3, I stuck with 4.5, if it's not broke etc. Some issues with WiFi on 5+, wired lan must be left enabled for wireless.

Perfect. Just found his post with the link. I will give that a shot. Thanks for the help deezell. I appreciate it.

the amiko dongle are the 5370 raillink . on open atv there in plugins but you need an ethernet connection to download the wifi drivers from the plugins

on the the vix4 the drivers are preinstalled

Here to make it handy for you. From about 10 months ago. Edit. You found it
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04regcsaut/AAD_I351j_yPbIlSkcvtQICQa?dl=0

• Advertisement

Here to make it handy for you. From about 10 months ago. Edit. You found it
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04regcsaut/AAD_I351j_yPbIlSkcvtQICQa?dl=0

Brilliant.

Thanks Deezell

the amiko dongle are the 5370 raillink . on open atv there in plugins but you need an ethernet connection to download the wifi drivers from the plugins

on the the vix4 the drivers are preinstalled

Thanks Nowso for that info. I will give those images a shot as well if I cant get the wi fi to connect with the Hyperion 4.5 image.

Hi guys how do I pair the volume on bbc or channel 4 to match the sd volume on other channels rather than turning up the vol every time and to keep it that way cheers

Hi guys how do I pair the volume on bbc or channel 4 to match the sd volume on other channels rather than turning up the vol every time and to keep it that way cheers

Set the default audio to mp3 rather than aac. You can do this on the fly or set it for all hd channels. It's in the setup, I'll look it up.

Set the default audio to mp3 rather than aac. You can do this on the fly or set it for all hd channels. It's in the setup, I'll look it up.

Thanks I'll try it later after work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Tefral

Wondering if someone can help me.

A friend came to me with a new Amiko Alien 2, He liked my setup so I cloned my Engima 2 Kernel in Spark. I loaded the kernel on Spark on his and booted up in to Enigma. Great so far.. It looks like mine etc.

I have two issues:

1. I went to run Autobouquets which ran fine however some of the channels are coming up Tune Failed while they run fine on mine.
    2. I ran crossepg. When it runs on mine it downloads the information and then unloads it. I normally get a background radio channel come up while its doing that. When I went to do the same on my friends box it loaded up but it didnt download anything.

Any information here would be most appreciated.

Tefral wrote: »

A friend came to me with a new Amiko Alien 2, He liked my setup so I cloned my Engima 2 Kernel in Spark. I loaded the kernel on Spark on his and booted up in to Enigma. Great so far.. It looks like mine etc.

I have two issues:

1. I went to run Autobouquets which ran fine however some of the channels are coming up Tune Failed while they run fine on mine.
    2. I ran crossepg. When it runs on mine it downloads the information and then unloads it. I normally get a background radio channel come up while its doing that. When I went to do the same on my friends box it loaded up but it didnt download anything.

check the tuner set up

run an automatic channel scan and then then run autobqts again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Tefral

check the tuner set up

run an automatic channel scan and then then run autobqts again

I have to say i set mine up almost by accident and outside of retracing what ive done my understanding of the systems i didnt touch is limited.

Can you tell me how to do both of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

hi, how do I get the ip address of the box to always stay the same.

• Advertisement

Tefral wrote: »

I have two issues:

I suspect differences in your systems might be the cause. Is he using a different Hard disk. You might need to delete the mount and remount. Are the levels from his LNB the same. Has he got one or two sat feeds. Your box would seem to use only one as it changes the current channel to the Epg channel instead of using the second tuner.. For terrestrial reception, is he looking at the same RTE transmitter. My money is on the Hdd for the Epg problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement