Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

amd64 wrote: »
    hi, how do I get the ip address of the box to always stay the same.

Go to setup/system/network and adapter settings. Change from DHCP to manual. The box should retain the last assigned IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Tefral

deezell wrote: »
    I suspect differences in your systems might be the cause. Is he using a different Hard disk. You might need to delete the mount and remount. Are the levels from his LNB the same. Has he got one or two sat feeds. Your box would seem to use only one as it changes the current channel to the Epg channel instead of using the second tuner.. For terrestrial reception, is he looking at the same RTE transmitter. My money is on the Hdd for the Epg problem.

I told him leave the box with me. So its the exact same set up feeding in, even his HDD is a sandisk Cruiser Blade like mine.

Tefral wrote: »
    I told him leave the box with me. So its the exact same set up feeding in, even his HDD is a sandisk Cruiser Blade like mine.

Are you using a fixed ip on your box. If so, go to setup/ system/ network and change his to DHCP, allow it to get its own IP as yours is associated with the MAC address of your box, whereas his network adaptor MAC address is different.

Are you using a fixed ip on your box. If so, go to setup/ system/ network and change his to DHCP, allow it to get its own IP as yours is associated with the MAC address of your box, whereas his network adaptor MAC address is different.

Yeah using DHCP in the network settings.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hi all, I was trying to fix a cropping issue, and managed to distort my display settings, to the extent I can't see any menu on the screen. I have this box with an enigma image of some sort. Tv actually display ok, but anything from the box, like epg or menu etc is unreadable.

Should I bit the bullet and wipe it? The menus do seem to be coming up, and I can see some feedback on the small display, but I'm kind of stuck.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

New

ViX4E2PROJECT VERSION 2.2 Build 004-blue+

out today will load it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

MarkR wrote: »
    Hi all, I was trying to fix a cropping issue, and managed to distort my display settings, to the extent I can't see any menu on the screen. I have this box with an enigma image of some sort. Tv actually display ok, but anything from the box, like epg or menu etc is unreadable.

Should I bit the bullet and wipe it? The menus do seem to be coming up, and I can see some feedback on the small display, but I'm kind of stuck.

Thanks

Try set it to "just scan or just scale" in the a/v section

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The menu is so distorted that no text is readable on the screen. Like an incompatible display mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

The menu is so distorted that no text is readable on the screen. Like an incompatible display mode.

Oh right sorry sounds fecked so, reflash and hopefully it sorts it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

And the moral of the story is to regularly make backups, especially before you mess with important settings.

• Advertisement

Try pressing the V format button on the remote, it might bring in the menus enough that you can see them to reset the display setting. Alternatively, try looking at a screen grab on Webif, set to OSD only, this might give you a view of the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Nowso wrote: »
    New

ViX4E2PROJECT VERSION 2.2 Build 004-blue+

out today will load it tonight
    I switched to this as I was having problems with Hyperion 5.1. So far it seems faster and less buggy :)

I've been through the settings, but I can't seem to find where to disable the standby light or date. Is it possible to do either with ViX?

I switched to this as I was having problems with Hyperion 5.1. So far it seems faster and less buggy :)

I've been through the settings, but I can't seem to find where to disable the standby light or date. Is it possible to do either with ViX?

ill have a look it would be in system set up

updated autobouqetsmaker , softcam , plugins and others

theres more free memory than the last version aswell

quite decent effort

the vfd control plugin is installed so should be maybe uninstall it and reinstall it if u want

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Nowso wrote: »
    the vfd control plugin is installed so should be maybe uninstall it and reinstall it if u want
    Tried that with rebooting in between, no joy. Minor annoyance, but I'll live with it :)

Running an Amiko Alien 2 on E2.

For some reason when I run a Automatic scan it wont find certain channels.

For example, it gives me ITV2 but not ITV London.

Same for other channels It will give me Channel 4 but not BBC One.

Any ideas? When I run Autobouquets its just putting the names in grey because it cannot find them.

Running an Amiko Alien 2 on E2.

For some reason when I run a Automatic scan it wont find certain channels.

For example, it gives me ITV2 but not ITV London.

Same for other channels It will give me Channel 4 but not BBC One.

Any ideas? When I run Autobouquets its just putting the names in grey because it cannot find them.

You'd need to update your satellites.xml file . Download here for astra 28.2 and replace the file on the box.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://satellites-xml.eu/&ved=0ahUKEwioz73IjNPOAhVkBMAKHXE8DMsQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNFR7w7sHv9gCV6yOQuZK2o9vVwdZQ&sig2=u39gb0RmDNBQQTiZPfEixQ

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Using crosspeg and have full epg guide on all the FTA channels but I'm only getting now and maybe next on all the sly channels any advice would be welcomed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hyperion v5.4 has been released. Might get to make a backup during the week. If I do I'll stick it up.

• Advertisement

That didnt work Deezell. Any other ideas?

That didnt work Deezell. Any other ideas?

Itv2 and ITV London are both transmitted on the same TP, so I'll bet they are both in the service list. Autobouquets will set up channels according to the region set in its configuration. It won't show ITV London if it's set for the Republic. If you do a full scan from tuner setup all the channels will be in a large bouquet called Last Scanned. Before you run AB., check that all your channels are here and working. These channels will be added to the service list which will still hold channels that may be redundant. If you tick clear before scan you will remove these., but your own non AB bouquets may still contain refereces to them. Running AB with the region set to London should produce a set of bouquets which will reflect the region. It won't include roi astra channels, rte etc, you'll have to add these using dreambox edit or webif. Also you'll have to replace dead channels in your own bouquets with the current versions from the service list, which will be the same as last scanned if you have ticked clear before scan.

Itv2 and ITV London are both transmitted on the same TP, so I'll bet they are both in the service list. Autobouquets will set up channels according to the region set in its configuration. It won't show ITV London if it's set for the Republic. If you do a full scan from tuner setup all the channels will be in a large bouquet called Last Scanned. Before you run AB., check that all your channels are here and working. These channels will be added to the service list which will still hold channels that may be redundant. If you tick clear before scan you will remove these., but your own non AB bouquets may still contain refereces to them. Running AB with the region set to London should produce a set of bouquets which will reflect the region. It won't include roi astra channels, rte etc, you'll have to add these using dreambox edit or webif. Also you'll have to replace dead channels in your own bouquets with the current versions from the service list, which will be the same as last scanned if you have ticked clear before scan.

Yeah its not showing them in the big list. Its like it cannot find them. I have some on Horizontal and Vertical Polarization. For Example. I dont have BBC one or BBC 2 But have channel 4, E4, etc

Yeah its not showing them in the big list. Its like it cannot find them. I have some on Horizontal and Vertical Polarization. For Example. I dont have BBC one or BBC 2 But have channel 4, E4, etc

Try a single TP scan on 10758 V 22000. This TP has both ITV 2 and ITV London. Your last scanned bouquet should have both

Try a single TP scan on 10758 V 22000. This TP has both ITV 2 and ITV London. Your last scanned bouquet should have both

Came back with 0 Channels found.

Came back with 0 Channels found.

You'd said you have itv2 already. That's odd as it's only on this TP. If it's not tuning in and yet you can watch it then there has to be something set in the tuning configuration that is preventing a fresh scan from succeeding. I had a funny like this some time back. Some tps simply wouldn't scan. Though signal was most definitely there. A reboot sorted it. Maybe post a picture of the TP settings before you hit the ok button. Also, do you have two sat feeds or one. If two, have you set C = B. Are you tuning tuner B.

You'd said you have itv2 already. That's odd as it's only on this TP. If it's not tuning in and yet you can watch it then there has to be something set in the tuning configuration that is preventing a fresh scan from succeeding. I had a funny like this some time back. Some tps simply wouldn't scan. Though signal was most definitely there. A reboot sorted it. Maybe post a picture of the TP settings before you hit the ok button. Also, do you have two sat feeds or one. If two, have you set C = B. Are you tuning tuner B.

Sorry meant ITV 2 HD.

I have one cable coming in from the LNB and i have it and the loop connected to Tuner 1.

Ive attached the settings.

I actually think its any channel with the Vertical Polarisation. Any of the channels i have that are on the Vertical also have a Horizontal somewhere else.

Sorry meant ITV 2 HD.

I have one cable coming in from the LNB and i have it and the loop connected to Tuner 1.

Ive attached the settings.

I actually think its any channel with the Vertical Polarisation. Any of the channels i have that are on the Vertical also have a Horizontal somewhere else.

Itv2 hd is horizontal OK.. also encrypted, So not visible except on sky hd box. What do you mean you have the loop connected to Tuner 1. Do you have the LNB feed going to LNB in on 1 and a loop cable going from loop 1 to LNB in on tuner 2. If you are looping 2 to 1 you have to set 2 looprhrough to 1 in tuner 2 configuration. Tuner 2 can no longer change LNB polarity or band, and can only tune a channel in tuner one quadrant, Horizontal or V, hi band or low depending on what tuner 1 is watching.

There are lots of issues that arise when you only have one feed but have both tuners active. Also, if you don't set C = B, then a scan on B ( or sat tuner 1) will not populate C . If you connect a loop cable out from B to C, you must set loop though to B as the setting for C to turn off band and polarity signals from the input cable to C. You have the tuners set independently as single, this is the setting for two feeds from different sat. Two feeds from the same LNB and dish requires setting C=B for tuner C ( sat tuner 2). If you have just one cable into one socket, tuner B, then Disable C. You will get all sorts of problems otherwise with retuning, crossepg, record timers etc.

• Advertisement

Itv2 hd is horizontal OK.. also encrypted, So not visible except on sky hd box. What do you mean you have the loop connected to Tuner 1. Do you have the LNB feed going to LNB in on 1 and a loop cable going from loop 1 to LNB in on tuner 2. If you are looping 2 to 1 you have to set 2 looprhrough to 1 in tuner 2 configuration. Tuner 2 can no longer change LNB polarity or band, and can only tune a channel in tuner one quadrant, Horizontal or V, hi band or low depending on what tuner 1 is watching.

I apprecaite that ITV2 HD is encrypted but it is still showing as receiving even if i cannot actually physically watch it. The other channels arent.

What i mean is I have 2 cables in Tuner 1. One under the other. One is the main cable and the other is the LNB loop.

Turning off Tuner 2 doesnt make a difference I tried. :o:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement