Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Tefral wrote: »
    I apprecaite that ITV2 HD is encrypted but it is still showing as receiving even if i cannot actually physically watch it. The other channels arent.

What i mean is I have 2 cables in Tuner 1. One under the other. One is the main cable and the other is the LNB loop.

Turning off Tuner 2 doesnt make a difference I tried. :o:o

Where does the loop cable go to? Disabling 2 won't make a difference on its own. You'll need to restart, then rescan. Try this with just a single cable from the dish into tuner 1. No other connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

deezell wrote: »
    Where does the loop cable go to? Disabling 2 won't make a difference on its own. You'll need to restart, then rescan.

Loop goes out to the LNB.

Yeah, i had disabled and restarted, rescanned and then run Autobouquets again.

Also tried with one single cable going into the back of the box

No Joy unfortunately.

Loop goes out to the LNB.

Yeah, i had disabled and restarted, rescanned and then run Autobouquets again. No Joy unfortunately.

Loop shouldn't go to the LNB. Loop is just a feed through from the input into tuner1. If that second cable is also from the LNB, then it should go to Tuner 2.

Loop shouldn't go to the LNB. Loop is just a feed through from the input into tuner1. If that second cable is also from the LNB, then it should go to Tuner 2.

Well i learned something new here anyway. Ill do that, but even with one cable its only picking up certain channels.

Well i learned something new here anyway. Ill do that, but even with one cable its only picking up certain channels.

Take a look at this manual. http://www.sabsatellite.nl/upload/files/1450780116-395_SABUnixTriplemanualEnglish.pdf

It's the user manual for sab triple, there are some images there showing single twin and loop connections. If the cable you had connected to loop actually goes to the LNB also, try this as an input to Tuner 1. Look up the signal strength on Webif while you change channels. A faulty LNB or a poor cable connection can cause lack of band or polarity switching, or the LNB itself might be faulty and not switching. Most fta are on the low band and most encrypted are on the high.

• Advertisement

Take a look at this manual. http://www.sabsatellite.nl/upload/files/1450780116-395_SABUnixTriplemanualEnglish.pdf

It's the user manual for sab triple, there are some images there showing single twin and loop connections. If the cable you had connected to loop actually goes to the LNB also, try this as an input to Tuner 1. Look up the signal strength on Webif while you change channels. A faulty LNB or a poor cable connection can cause lack of band or polarity switching, or the LNB itself might be faulty and not switching. Most fta are on the low band and most encrypted are on the high.

Great thanks I'll have a go at this this evening and see when i get home from work. I spent 8 hours yesterday tinkering with the box between images and rescans :eek:

Ill report back later

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Set the default audio to mp3 rather than aac. You can do this on the fly or set it for all hd channels. It's in the setup, I'll look it up.

I can't find this setting...any idea where it is?

Griffinx wrote: »

Pressing the red button brings up audio settings for a channel, you can choose between mp3 and ac3. Mp3 volumes are the same as sd. This channel my also be labelled nar, for narrative, which means it has the audio commentary for visually impaired viewers ( why is it not pc to say blind anymore). There is a setting in an obscure place which can be set to " prefer aac" I think. Last time I tried it had no effect, so easier to change it on the fly, or use the audio volume plugin which sets the relative levels between the two types so they match. I'll have a look in a while for that setting.

Griffinx wrote: »

Knew I had this somewhere.

menu/setup/system/auto language selection/

Select your Audio Language 1
    Set Prefer AC3 to no
    Set Prefer Audio Stream Stored by Service to No.
    The red audio button is handier, you only have to change it once for a channel and it stores the setting. The above setting should prefer mpeg, and not select the audio stream set in the service entry. Setting " prefer audio stream stored by service" to No would mean that any changes made using the audio red button won't be stored for the next time. Not preffering Ac3 could mean always ending up with the narrative mp3 rather than the non narrative stream if it's there. It can be a bit confusing, so the volume adjustable plugin when set right seems the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Running Hyperion: 4.5

I notice that the red 'R' is blinking when changing channels and the front display shows the circular sign, but i have no scheduled recordings, and the Timer menu is empty?

When i go to restart enigma I get a warning that there are recordings, or recordings to start soon and am i sure I want to restart.

any ideas what's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If you are streaming to another device, it behaves like a recording. Presumably you have tried a reboot?

If you are streaming to another device, it behaves like a recording. Presumably you have tried a reboot?

Does it have to be actually streaming to another device, or say just a service running to show this behaviour?

I do have the VU+ addon working on my Android (Nvidia) TV but that device is in standby mode.

On occasions in the past after streaming to a laptop it didn't release correctly. Even with the laptop switched off. Rebooting the box cleared it.

On occasions in the past after streaming to a laptop it didn't release correctly. Even with the laptop switched off. Rebooting the box cleared it.

Thanks again Gerry

Did anyone ever find a half decent Enigma image for an AA2 that didn't slow to a crawl on terrestrial? Box is currently running Hyp 5.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Did anyone ever find a half decent Enigma image for an AA2 that didn't slow to a crawl on terrestrial? Box is currently running Hyp 5.1.

I didn't find a image as good and stable as 4.5 so am still on that.i think nowso was on about putting up his 5.4 image this week sometime

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i put up vix4e2 2.3 a while back

version 2.4 is out now

Nowso wrote: »

version 2.4 is out now
    Is it better behaved on terrestrial?

once set up its fine on terrestrial you just need to set providers in autobouqetsmaker and aerial set to same region

Nowso wrote: »

version 2.4 is out now

Must be someone else so that was working on 5.4

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Hyperion v5.4 has been released. Might get to make a backup during the week. If I do I'll stick it up.

well are u happy with hyperion 5.4.any big changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just saw there that Sat-Shop.co.uk have a special offer on the Alien 1 ,2 and 3 until next Wednesday .
    http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/store/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/bank-holiday-bonanza

Alien 2 is £69
    Alien 1 is £59
    and Alien 3 is £69

Delivery to the North is £6 ,then use Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard

So that brings the Alien 2 in at around 92 - 93 euro delivered to the door in the Republic .
    Superb value that .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Just saw there that Sat-Shop.co.uk have a special offer on the Alien 1 ,2 and 3 until next Wednesday .
    http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/store/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/bank-holiday-bonanza

Alien 2 is £69
    Alien 1 is £59
    and Alien 3 is £69

Delivery to the North is £6 ,then use Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard

So that brings the Alien 2 in at around 92 - 93 euro delivered to the door in the Republic .
    Superb value that .

€89.50 at curent credit card exchange rates, plus 3.95 for parcel motel. €93.50. Mad value. £20 delivery if you dont use parcel motel, still only £89/€106. And they'll install whicever enigma inage you want, OpenAtv, Vix4, PKT 5.x, HDMU or the factory default.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Lads has anyone got an untouched version of Hyperion 5.4 please? I can find a few online but they all seem to be already set up

how.gareth wrote: »
    Lads has anyone got an untouched version of Hyperion 5.4 please? I can find a few online but they all seem to be already set up

From Polish Koders Team site
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-Qc2x2V3FHNHNvWGM/view?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Thanks I will give it a go later later and see if it's much difference to 5.3 which to be fair is going great with nearly zero issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi all does anyone know where i can find a channel list and picons to import into the box with dreamboxEDIT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is there a backup to the latest vix4e2 image?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bought one of these, second I plugged it in smoke started rising from it. It turns on fine, but can't tune any satellite or terrestrial channels, did I get a faulty box? Got to the end of the satellite search, found zero channels and then it crashed.

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Bought one of these, second I plugged it in smoke started rising from it. It turns on fine, but can't tune any satellite or terrestrial channels, did I get a faulty box? Got to the end of the satellite search, found zero channels and then it crashed.

send it back asap - Smoke a bad sign lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement