Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Switched to spark and managed to get terrestrial working, still nothing on satellite

edit: satellite not working on my ferguson ariva now either, getting a warning message on screen. Lavatronic sent me a bomb

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

ShaneU wrote: »
    Switched to spark and managed to get terrestrial working, still nothing on satellite

edit: satellite not working on my ferguson ariva now either, getting a warning message on screen. Lavatronic sent me a bomb

that must be one off the sell of cheap ones ! lol might have been returns , thats why id always buy a box retail and with the warantee etc

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

What is the most reliable enigma2 image for this receiver? To record etc and get the full epg with channel list same numbers as sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭imnorobot

What is the most reliable enigma2 image for this receiver? To record etc and get the full epg with channel list same numbers as sky?
    Hyperion 4.5 is still pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

hi guys,
    Would i be able to put my image and chanel list onto another persons box but my box is a twin tuner golden media and his is a single tuner golden media

• Advertisement

hi guys,
    Would i be able to put my image and chanel list onto another persons box but my box is a twin tuner golden media and his is a single tuner golden media

You could certainly copy the channel list
    I have an amiko alien 2 and a vu+duo2
    I was able to use dreamboxedit to copy the same channel list to both boxes without issue

but I doubt you could copy the whole image without causing problems
    But no doubt someone more knowledgeable may chip in and prove me wrong :-)

imnorobot wrote: »
    You could certainly copy the channel list
    I have an amiko alien 2 and a vu+duo2
    I was able to use dreamboxedit to copy the same channel list to both boxes without issue

but I doubt you could copy the whole image without causing problems
    But no doubt someone more knowledgeable may chip in and prove me wrong :-)

yea its not lookin like i can copy the whole image, its not leaving me do it

has anyone a hyperion image for a single tuner. golden media

You could try the pkt site
    But as it is polish it can be a little difficult to translate for us non polish folk :-)
    http://e2.pkteam.pl/index.php?dir=IMAGE%20GOLDEN%20MEDIA/
    Maybe some of our polish friends can help ?

hia thanks for the links but i tried them asnd they dont seem to work on a single tuner box, unless im doing something wrong,

spark ,menu, plugins, e2 upgrade, select? isnt it.
    do i rename the file Enigma2

• Advertisement

oh my god registering for that site is like fukin tryin to crack into a bank or something, my hand nearly went thru the screen there.

Dont think you need to register to download the image ?
    Just downloaded a golden media image without registering
    What box do you have ?

Dont think you need to register to download the image ?
    Just downloaded a golden media image without registering
    What box do you have ?

yea lol i just realised that, it says its a golden media spark reloaded

yea lol i just realised that, it says its a golden media spark reloaded
    You could try here
    http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php/433-Golden-Media-990-Images-E2-amp-Spark

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

Hyperion 4.5 is still pretty good
    Is there an updated version? Or is it unreliable on Amiko? What skin can you get that had same numbers as sky e.g E4 136

I GOT IT IN THE END, oops sorry capslock,

I was using the wrong plugin, there were 2 e2upgrade plugins and i was using the wrong one, i could only put the file specific to the box onto it tho, i tried my own backup and it just got stuck in boot, thanks for your help

a few questions

how do i transfer my channel list to the other box

i have an internal hard drive that i took out of a sky box, is it possible to use that as a storage device for the box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I did a backup fof Hyperion 4.5 a while back
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AAB1dvkduBHqGQ7FmNybEXt9a/Alien%201%20Hyperion%204.5%20Backup?dl=0

a few questions

how do i transfer my channel list to the other box

i have an internal hard drive that i took out of a sky box, is it possible to use that as a storage device for the box
    Not that familiar with that particular box but googling pictures it looks fairly compact so I dont imagine you would fit a full size 3.5in disk from a sky box in to it
    But if you were to buy a hdd enclosure from fleabay or somewhere like that
    just format the drive as fat 32 plug it into the usb port and should work fine

I did same for my duo 2 old sky box drive but the duo 2can take the disk internally

as for transferring the channel list
    download dreamboxedit plug a network cable from your router into the rear lan port of the box

on your box In menu / network see what ip address your box has been assigned

Connect with dreamboxedit and sort your channels whatever way you like when finished make a backup in dreamboxedit
    you can transfer that backup to your other box

• Advertisement

Is there an updated version? Or is it unreliable on Amiko? What skin can you get that had same numbers as sky e.g E4 136
    Yes there are newer versions of hyperion
    I still use 4.5 on Alien 2 and it works fine no problems at all for me

It does not really matter which version you use its up to you which one you like best
    try a few of them and see which you like

If you use dreambox edit you can easily renumber the channels to be whatever you like
    Its also possible to do it with webif when connected to your box on network if you dont like dreamboxedit

I just use 1 boquet with all channels in it starting with
    1 RTE 1
    2 RTE 2
    3 TV 3
    4 TG 4
    5 UTV HD
    6 BBC 1 HD

And so on

But if you use autoboquet maker ABM it will reorder the channels as it likes and undo your channel order
    But ABM may already the the channels in same order as sky I dont use ABM so not sure about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi all about to flash a new image as see to be having issue,s with epg slowing up the box and causing a constant spinning circle.after I flash the image I normally mount hd and save cross peg to the name of hard in the case patriot is this right . And can someone give me a link to a quick setup guide cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi all about to flash a new image as see to be having issue,s with epg slowing up the box and causing a constant spinning circle.after I flash the image I normally mount hd and save cross peg to the name of hard in the case patriot is this right . And can someone give me a link to a quick setup guide cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Try the beginning of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

The best image is subject to debate. Hyperion 4.5 up or Vix4 project. Epg is a seperate issue. You can use whatever generic epg is provided with the image, or use a plugin like crossepg, the nations favourite. Finally, channel lists and groups ( bouquets) can be manually assembled using the image channel editing features, or again with the aid of plugins, such as Autobouquets, or AutobouquetsMaker. These will produce Sky like numbering schemes. Final flourish if you wish is to change the image Skin, the look of the interface, to give a sky box like user interface if that is what you want. Skins are also a third party download, though the basic image will have at least a few to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

deezell wrote: »
    i cant get that running at all, just stuck on attempting to boot up, i wonder is it for a different box?

how.gareth wrote: »
    i cant get that running at all, just stuck on attempting to boot up, i wonder is it for a different box?

For the golden media triple, same box as the amiko. I've not used it. I preferred the early hyperion image posted by Zardoz, just tweaked for your own terrestrial, channell lists and hdd. I'll double check that I have the right link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

deezell wrote: »
    For the golden media triple, same box as the amiko. I've not used it. I preferred the early hyperion image posted by Zardoz, just tweaked for your own terrestrial, channell lists and hdd. I'll double check that I have the right link.
    I think it's the right link, it's an enigma 2 folder with the effs and ulmage in it, I downloaded it twice and tried everything I could think of, it goes fine upgrading on spark but as soon as I try to boot it up on enigma it sits on boot, I left it for 10 mins to be sure!

I think it's the right link, it's an enigma 2 folder with the effs and ulmage in it, I downloaded it twice and tried everything I could think of, it goes fine upgrading on spark but as soon as I try to boot it up on enigma it sits on boot, I left it for 10 mins to be sure!

Apologies, Thats the link for the single tuner box. Heres the triple;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-QSFppQ0NFS3otd3c/view?usp=sharing

I'll edit the other post if I can or delete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@Deezell are you sure that's the right build? They have a separate one listed for 7162 boxes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement