Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

@Deezell are you sure that's the right build? They have a separate one listed for 7162 boxes.

Correct. I've just posted the right link

EDIT. Link to all PKT GM images for The GM/Amiko. I dont know if this bypasses the forum login. Think it might. Not sure about our rules?

http://e2.pkteam.pl/index.php?dir=IMAGE%20GOLDEN%20MEDIA/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

deezell wrote: »
    Apologies, Thats the link for the single tuner box. Heres the triple;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-QSFppQ0NFS3otd3c/view?usp=sharing

I'll edit the other post if I can or delete

Ah deadly thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

I am having some trouble with openatv 5.3 image. When recording show on FTA BBC2 HD channel I am getting constant pixelation on Saorview channels. What could be the cause of this? Does anyone have a solution for this?

This is a fresh install of Openatv image (just updated last night in the hope it would resolve the problem).

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

I am having some trouble with openatv 5.3 image. When recording show on FTA BBC2 HD channel I am getting constant pixelation on Saorview channels. What could be the cause of this? Does anyone have a solution for this?

This is a fresh install of Openatv image (just updated last night in the hope it would resolve the problem).

Cheers

i no its no help, but i get this too, it can get annoying and hard to watch

i no its no help, but i get this too, it can get annoying and hard to watch

Does it happen when you watch a satellite channel while recording an HD channels. Does it happen if recording a non HD channel. Is it all saorview channels that pixellate or just hd ones. I'm thinking it's something that is causing an interruption of the hardware video decoder which is taking in the raw data stream from the terrestrial tuner while the stream from a sat tuner is simultaneously being written to the hdd. The processor is not involved directly in these events once they are in progress, but if it is low on memory it could cause an interrupt to the decoder. Try a cache flush. See if timeshift is on, if it is, turn it off. It will be trying to write the terrestrial channel to the hdd simultaneously as the BBC HD recording. Sometimes heavy chip activity on a board can cause low voltage on power supply lines, causing some chips on the board to miss a beat. Is you HDD mains powered or powered from the USB connector. Do you have another USB plugged in, a pen drive or a wifi Dongle. It's a case of stripping back both hardware demands and software loads to see what has an effect. Or you could just change image to Hyperion image and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Cheers. It is just Hd channels that pixelate so it must be the stress on the system. I am beginning to find limitations with this box when trying to multitask. I will try cacheflush plugin and see if that helps.

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Cheers. It is just Hd channels that pixelate so it must be the stress on the system. I am beginning to find limitations with this box when trying to multitask. I will try cacheflush plugin and see if that helps.

Try changing the av settings to better match the terrestrial channels resolution and format so the hardware is not working as hard to transcode a stream. Rte HD is only 1440 by 1080 pixels interlaced. If av output is set to 1920 by 1080 p ( progressive ) the chip has to upscale and deinterlace. Try an interlace setting, i, if it's currently on a p setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 corkalien

I'm trying to re-set up my alien 2 box and put on the latest hyperion 5.4. I've got the clean copy (thanks to links above) but it obviously don't have all the plugins like autobouquets, crossepg, etc. on it. Anyone know the best place to get a fully set up copy? I've always found it difficult to find them.

Or am I better off rolling my own setup and putting the plugins I want onto the base copy?

corkalien wrote: »
    I'm trying to re-set up my alien 2 box and put on the latest hyperion 5.4. I've got the clean copy (thanks to links above) but it obviously don't have all the plugins like autobouquets, crossepg, etc. on it. Anyone know the best place to get a fully set up copy? I've always found it difficult to find them.

Or am I better off rolling my own setup and putting the plugins I want onto the base copy?

You can search for plugins on the box, Menu/Plugins/green button to download plugins and go through the lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 corkalien

You can search for plugins on the box, Menu/Plugins/green button to download plugins and go through the lists.

Yes, but autobouquets, for example, are not in there

• Advertisement

Yes, but autobouquets, for example, are not in there

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-QZ3ZtakhFbHhqNVk/view?usp=drivesdk

Autoboquets.

I have 5.4 running great but the only plugins I use are Oscam, cooltvguide and epg. Not too sure how to share a back up either to be honest. Seems to be great on memory use with about 30mb free. No obvious differences except for a couple of extra options in the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

how.gareth wrote: »
    I have 5.4 running great but the only plugins I use are Oscam, cooltvguide and epg. Not too sure how to share a back up either to be honest. Seems to be great on memory use with about 30mb free. No obvious differences except for a couple of extra options in the menu
    Would be great if u could do a backup for us

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I've tried many images for this box and I always ended up going back to Zardoz hyperion 4.5 backup. If you keep the skin the way Zardoz set it I found that it was the smoothest of all skins/images. I sold my alien 2 to a family member with this setup on it, over a month later and I haven't got the dreaded "whats wrong with the box" phone call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭imnorobot

connect a blank usb key
    Boot into spark
    e2upgrade plugin
    backup e2

reboot back to e2
    remove usb key
    copy files from usb key to something like dropbox
    post link here
    :-)

imnorobot wrote: »
    connect a blank usb key
    Boot into spark
    e2upgrade plugin
    backup e2

reboot back to e2
    remove usb key
    copy files from usb key to something like dropbox
    post link here
    :-)

I'll try sort it before the match tomorrow afternoon if possible

Try changing the av settings to better match the terrestrial channels resolution and format so the hardware is not working as hard to transcode a stream. Rte HD is only 1440 by 1080 pixels interlaced. If av output is set to 1920 by 1080 p ( progressive ) the chip has to upscale and deinterlace. Try an interlace setting, i, if it's currently on a p setting.

Cheers for that. I had the install on 1080p so that may help along with the intro of cache flush.

ive popped my back up of hyperion 5.4 into the firmware thread, hopefully ive done everything right :D any questions please keep them to this thread only!

firmware thread link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057378184

ive popped my back up of hyperion 5.4 into the firmware thread, hopefully ive done everything right :D any questions please keep them to this thread only!

firmware thread link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057378184

Thanks for ur latest image but found it really really slow on startup.im not sure if it happened u upon booting but remote took about 5 secs to react to everything I tried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Thanks for ur latest image but found it really really slow on startup.im not sure if it happened u upon booting but remote took about 5 secs to react to everything I tried

That's usually caused by no signal on one of the tuners, did it improve when you went to a working channel?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    That's usually caused by no signal on one of the tuners, did it improve when you went to a working channel?

Ya it's working fine now only need to sort the volume on movies and the bbc and itv channels.do u know how I can set them to match the sd volume thanks

Ya it's working fine now only need to sort the volume on movies and the bbc and itv channels.do u know how I can set them to match the sd volume thanks

You could download the auto volume adjust plugin, I thinks that's the name. I don't use it anymore but did find it useful in the past

You could download the auto volume adjust plugin, I thinks that's the name. I don't use it anymore but did find it useful in the past

Ok will try shortly thanks

how did u fix your volume on those channels im trying here but no joy.do u have the automatic volume adjustment plugin as its not in plugin menu

Alternative is to set hd channels to default to Mpeg audio. Discussed here about a month ago.

Post 6249

Post 6249

1 or 2 other problems i spotted zaphistory selector wont work either and i use it all the time as its handy to switch between channels.it just shows up blank.is there a fix.i sorted the audio cheers

1 or 2 other problems i spotted zaphistory selector wont work either and i use it all the time as its handy to switch between channels.it just shows up blank.is there a fix.i sorted the audio cheers

Zap history plugin

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-QdU9SV0lCSF9Oc0E/view?usp=drivesdk

• Advertisement

tried that one and still shows up blank.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement