Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

tried that one and still shows up blank.

I would have expected zap history to be integrated in to the e2 interface on 5.4 maybe it is. Is it showing in the plugins list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

deezell wrote: »
    I would have expected zap history to be integrated in to the e2 interface on 5.4 maybe it is. Is it showing in the plugins list.

Ya it is but won't work at all so I'm back to 4.5

Ya it is but won't work at all so I'm back to 4.5

If it's not broken.......

If it's not broken.......

Exactly unless there is a stable vers with all the working plugins actually working I won't be updating anytime soon.thanks anyway for helping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I've never used it tbh as I don't channel hop, usually just sit down to watch a match or a film. 4.5 was running perfectly for me as has any newer versions but I don't use many plugins so can't comment on that end of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

Is there a back button already configured in the 4.5 image?

Nermal wrote: »

The history zap browser plugin is on Zardoz 4.5 image, I assume it works as I've never used it. I can't say if the plugin is bundled with the raw 4.5 image on the PKteam site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Usually the zero button will go back to the previous channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The history zap browser plugin is on Zardoz 4.5 image, I assume it works as I've never used it. I can't say if the plugin is bundled with the raw 4.5 image on the PKteam site.

No its not bundled with it ,which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Datadevil and other developers added some nice code and plugins to remedy issues on the Hyperion images yet PKT for some reason wont implement these fixes.
    Stuff like the amixer audio boost fix ,automatic audio volume adjustment, zap history browser ,additional audio controls ,the extended keymapper ,the SNP picon renderer mod ,these should all be built into the newer PKT images but for some bizarre reason they are excluded.

I couldnt live without the Zap history browser plugin ,its great for zapping ,but at this stage it should be built into the image .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I use the recall button on the remote to switch to last viewed channel

• Advertisement

Zardoz, can I assume the extras you list are all on your most recent 4.5 image. ( zap history is there, and auto volume) not sure about others. Eg. Service named picons, has that been fixed on cool tv.

Zardoz, can I assume the extras you list are all on your most recent 4.5 image. ( zap history is there, and auto volume) not sure about others.

Most of them are in there Deezel ,yes .
    I included the amixer audio boost fix ,automatic audio volume adjustment, zap history browser ,the SNP picon renderer mod ,modified teletext font .
    I didnt include the extra audio controls or the extended keymapper though .

They are all here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AAD-1ArSX-zPfnkc3-sE2O48a/Hyperion%204%20Plugins-Fixes-Mods?dl=0
    Service named picons, has that been fixed on cool tv.
    It has been fixed yes ,the coolpicon.pyo renderer file was modified to correctly display SNP picons in Cool tv.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100248709&postcount=6103

Zardoz wrote: »
    Most of them are in there Deezel ,yes .
    I included the amixer audio boost fix ,automatic audio volume adjustment, zap history browser ,the SNP picon renderer mod ,modified teletext font .
    I didnt include the extra audio controls or the extended keymapper though .

They are all here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AAD-1ArSX-zPfnkc3-sE2O48a/Hyperion%204%20Plugins-Fixes-Mods?dl=0

It has been fixed yes ,the coolpicon.pyo renderer file was modified to correctly display SNP picons in Cool tv.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100248709&postcount=6103
    Will u be doing a updated image?

Will u be doing a updated image?

If I get some time I will try and do one .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

To anyone using vixe2, how do I go left to right through the different channel categories on the epg? The left and right buttons just go through different programmes on the one channel.

Also having trouble getting the saorview channels, won't even start the search for me.

ShaneU wrote: »
    To anyone using vixe2, how do I go left to right through the different channel categories on the epg? The left and right buttons just go through different programmes on the one channel.

Also having trouble getting the saorview channels, won't even start the search for me.

When in Epg, do you need to press the blue button for favourites ( Aka categories, bouquets) then use up down arrows to select. I'm guessing, haven't tried Vix.
    With a new image, the default bandwidth for terrestrial may be set to 7Mhz. You need to make this 8Mhz for Irish Dtt. European and Irish/ UK analogue bandwidths differed, and digital terrestrial inherited these.

When in Epg, do you need to press the blue button for favourites ( Aka categories, bouquets) then use up down arrows to select. I'm guessing, haven't tried Vix.
    With a new image, the default bandwidth for terrestrial may be set to 7Mhz. You need to make this 8Mhz for Irish Dtt. European and Irish/ UK analogue bandwidths differed, and digital terrestrial inherited these.

Blue button is +24 hours :(

how.gareth wrote: »
    I use the recall button on the remote to switch to last viewed channel

The days of ye old NTL back button, how I missed thee!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mjatkey

Guys, looking for bit of direction. Have Alien which I got second hand, messed around with a few different images then settled on Hyperion 4.5 for last 18 months with near enough 99.99% up time.

Two weeks ago brought new Alien from that crowd in UK who had the £69 offer running. Ordered it with latest Hyperion but it arrived with ViX4.0.0.4 which I thought was very good especially liked the BlueHD skin not cause it tried to mimic Sky but just the smoothness of the channel changing and upcoming program info, up/down left/right.

So I tried adding the HDBlue skin to the old box running Hyperion, tried adding it as a IPK file into temp folder, but couldn't get in via telnet to run it, so tried to add it to the /share/enigma folder which was fine till I tried to swap skin in the menu but all the box did was go into a boot loop.

So question is does anyone have a copy off an Hyperion image with HDBlue skin (not SkyHDBlue which I already have on the Hyperion image) or does anyone have copy of Vix4 with the Enhanced movie player which I also like on the Hyperion image, but again couldn't get to run on the Vix4 image. Both very good images and I like the simplicity of the Vix4 one as I intend to pass the old box to the brother in-law, but want it to be running a really solid image so the phone is not constantly ringing. Thanks

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

mjatkey wrote: »
    Guys, looking for bit of direction. Have Alien which I got second hand, messed around with a few different images then settled on Hyperion 4.5 for last 18 months with near enough 99.99% up time.

Two weeks ago brought new Alien from that crowd in UK who had the £69 offer running. Ordered it with latest Hyperion but it arrived with ViX4.0.0.4 which I thought was very good especially liked the BlueHD skin not cause it tried to mimic Sky but just the smoothness of the channel changing and upcoming program info, up/down left/right.

So I tried adding the HDBlue skin to the old box running Hyperion, tried adding it as a IPK file into temp folder, but couldn't get in via telnet to run it, so tried to add it to the /share/enigma folder which was fine till I tried to swap skin in the menu but all the box did was go into a boot loop.

So question is does anyone have a copy off an Hyperion image with HDBlue skin (not SkyHDBlue which I already have on the Hyperion image) or does anyone have copy of Vix4 with the Enhanced movie player which I also like on the Hyperion image, but again couldn't get to run on the Vix4 image. Both very good images and I like the simplicity of the Vix4 one as I intend to pass the old box to the brother in-law, but want it to be running a really solid image so the phone is not constantly ringing. Thanks

Those sky skins take up a lot of memory and make the box slow.use the default pli skin which I think is better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mjatkey

Thanks Alan, yes have read that before will try the default skin and see what way the channel changing/upcoming programs work.

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

What is included in an E2 backup? Should you expect that if you backup box A and restore that backup to box B, that box B would look completely identical when you're done?

I've done that but Autobouquets is giving me different options on each box.

What is included in an E2 backup? Should you expect that if you backup box A and restore that backup to box B, that box B would look completely identical when you're done?

I've done that but Autobouquets is giving me different options on each box.

It should do as I've that done but don't put the same 0scam on the both box.just back up your channels list using dreamboxedit and send to the boxes

Think I've figured out why my saorview aerial isn't working.

Tuner 3 says it's DVB-C, any way of changing it to DVB-T?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

ShaneU wrote: »
    Think I've figured out why my saorview aerial isn't working.

Tuner 3 says it's DVB-C, any way of changing it to DVB-T?
    In ViX4 it's Menu > Setup > Service searching > UnionTunerType config. Could be similar for whatever image you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

Any good HDMU image available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Lads, having a problem with setting up my WiFi on frostyjims hyperion 5.1 image.

When I go into menu-setup-system-network I go straight into network configuration, no opportunity to select wlan just lan connection. And if I go into blue panel network -wlan setup- driver setup - enable rt5370 I get error - /bin/sh: wlan.sh: not found

Any ideas?

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Lads, having a problem with setting up my WiFi on frostyjims hyperion 5.1 image.

When I go into menu-setup-system-network I go straight into network configuration, no opportunity to select wlan just lan connection. And if I go into blue panel network -wlan setup- driver setup - enable rt5370 I get error - /bin/sh: wlan.sh: not found

Any ideas?

I've read that on the eallier versions of 5.0 you had to select Lan first even if not connected. Reboot. Then go through the Wan setup, install driver etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Thanks Deezell, tried that but unfortunately no luck, anyone else any ideas? The Wi-Fi worked fine on other images I have tried in the past.

• Advertisement

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Thanks Deezell, tried that but unfortunately no luck, anyone else any ideas? The Wi-Fi worked fine on other images I have tried in the past.

Insofar as there were wifi problems documented on earlier versions, perhaps try the recent 5.4 or higher images posted here. it must be sorted in those by now. Have you tested a wired connection first and got that going? I think the issue may have been about getting the network layer functional for wifi to be initiated. It's out there in the blogs. You might just have some missing or corrupt files too. Reimage and try again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement