Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Some months ago there was a request for an E2 box with H.265 playback (Ultra High definition files). Here's a cheap twin tuner box that can at least play them, although in ordinary HD. It's only £79. For £199 they have an actual 4K UHD Enigma2 box.
    http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/store/mutant-1/mutant-hd1500-h265-hevc-dvbs2-twin-tuner-enigma2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

I have come home this evening to find all the channels that I reorganised over the weekend gone. Also no sign of saorview channels.

I'm guessing some automatic update clears the list to some standard listing.

Pretty peeved as it took me ages to sort the way I wanted. How do I stop this from happening again?

And maybe someone could you point me towards an idiots guide to editing via a laptop (dreambox edit?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Barnaboy wrote: »
    I have come home this evening to find all the channels that I reorganised over the weekend gone. Also no sign of saorview channels.

Pretty peeved as it took me ages to sort the way I wanted. How do I stop this from happening again?

And maybe someone could you point me towards an idiots guide to editing via a laptop (dreambox edit?)
    Your auto bouquets is probably setup to update every day or week, dream box edit is brilliant for organising your channels the way you want them, you can then save them and can be sent to your box in a few seconds if anything happens your channels on the box

Edit, I also think you can put all your channels in a "favourite" bouquet and autoboquets updates won't affect it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Barnaboy wrote: »

setup > service searching > autobouquets > configure > set schedule scan to no

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Few issues!
    pkt svn 3269
    when i try to play some recordings (sd) spinner pops up and will play really slow and pauses. memory at normal operation is 100.9 mb and 13.6mb free the free memory drops to 6 when trying to play recording. removed some plugins, still the same.
    flash use 94.5 mb free 24.5 mb at normal op,
    hdd mounted to media/sda1 but shows in info centre as not mounted.
    also swap not found? /bin/sh; swap_stat: not found in blue panel
    Any help much appreciated

• Advertisement

pod2011 wrote: »
    Few issues!
    pkt svn 3269
    when i try to play some recordings (sd) spinner pops up and will play really slow and pauses. memory at normal operation is 100.9 mb and 13.6mb free the free memory drops to 6 when trying to play recording. removed some plugins, still the same.
    flash use 94.5 mb free 24.5 mb at normal op,
    hdd mounted to media/sda1 but shows in info centre as not mounted.
    also swap not found? /bin/sh; swap_stat: not found in blue panel
    Any help much appreciated
    If no disc is mounted, the box will try to use local memory for epg etc,.Unmount and remount the partition. Check blue panel/ disc/ partition to see if there is more than one partition. My disk returns sda1 and sda5, sda5 is the main partition. Sda1 has only a few hundred kb. It sounds like your disk has a soft error on it and won't reliably read/ write. Unmount, remount, reboot first. Then try a quick recording and playback. You might need to reformat as a last resort, if the disk has hard errors, like bad sectors.

deezell wrote: »
    If no disc is mounted, the box will try to use local memory for epg etc,.Unmount and remount the partition. Check blue panel/ disc/ partition to see if there is more than one partition. My disk returns sda1 and sda5, sda5 is the main partition. Sda1 has only a few hundred kb. It sounds like your disk has a soft error on it and won't reliably read/ write. Unmount, remount, reboot first. Then try a quick recording and playback. You might need to reformat as a last resort, if the disk has hard errors, like bad sectors.

I have similar playback issues on mine aswell regardless of what image I'm using, I just checked mine and it only has sda1. Should it have a second partition, I tried unmounting it but it says "can't unmount ; invalid argument" anything obvious I have wrong?
    My recordings will play, they just slow and stutter at the very start

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Hi,

I had the same problem back in march, searched my posts and found this ! Thanks again.
    Got my problem with crossepg sorted
    crosepg cannot open database

There was an issue several months/images back where crossepg only saw the HDD sometimes. The solution was to edit the crossepg.config file found in var/crosspeg folder.
    Change the HDD line to
    db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg or whatever your hdd is mounted as
    in my case media/sda1

Thanks to Gerry wicklow
    Hopefully will help someone else
    Thanks deezel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hey guys bit of a strange problem happened with my box 2 days ago.the recording symbol in the bottom right of screen is flashing every time i change channel but nothing is recording.tuner b is yellow tuner c is green and the R symbol is flashing beside it.any ideas how to fix.tried turning off and on but no joy cheers

hey guys bit of a strange problem happened with my box 2 days ago.the recording symbol in the bottom right of screen is flashing every time i change channel but nothing is recording.tuner b is yellow tuner c is green and the R symbol is flashing beside it.any ideas how to fix.tried turning off and on but no joy cheers

Had you got it streaming to a laptop or similar?

• Advertisement

how.gareth wrote: »
    Had you got it streaming to a laptop or similar?

No wouldn't know how lol

No wouldn't know how lol

If it's still there maybe just reflash it, is there anything strange looking on your timer menu ?

how.gareth wrote: »
    If it's still there maybe just reflash it, is there anything strange looking on your timer menu ?

No I deleted all and it's still there.its strange

No I deleted all and it's still there.its strange

Start a recording on a Sat channels then go to epg and change around to other channels to test if both tuners are working and have reliable feeds. If the epg is greyed for some channels it means one tuner is already occupied. Try starting a second recording. Watch the tuner indicators and see if they are both occupied. You can also get this from pressing the info button. Separately, turn of time shift if it is on.

Start a recording on a Sat channels then go to epg and change around to other channels to test if both tuners are working and have reliable feeds. If the epg is greyed for some channels it means one tuner is already occupied. Try starting a second recording. Watch the tuner indicators and see if they are both occupied. You can also get this from pressing the info button. Separately, turn of time shift if it is on.

Ya can only record 1 as other channels are greyed out timeshift isn't on

Actually installed the latest vix and am loving it.its really faster than Hyperion.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Actually installed the latest vix and am loving it.its really faster than Hyperion.

Hey, I'm still on hv4.5, do you have a backup of vid I could try?
    Would I be able to restore my channel list on vid with a dreambox edit backup?

cork_south wrote: »
    Hey, I'm still on hv4.5, do you have a backup of vid I could try?
    Would I be able to restore my channel list on vid with a dreambox edit backup?

Go on to the vix4e website and install from there.thats what I did.i restored my channels with dream box edit.bit more tinkering with this image but once u have it set to ur liking its perfect.i think 006 is the latest image

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

6 is the latest its been optimised for the uhd boxs and other updates . there the most up to date stable versions around

Thanks lads. I couldn't determine the right image to download off the site so used your backup now so.

2 questions plz:
    How to map the play button to the recordings like it's set up in Hyperion?
    What's the best skin to use, playback of recordings are stuttering on the sky q skin so am looking to apply a standard skin that uses less resources, but there are a lot to choose from.

Edit and does anyone know the ftp credentials is in can upload my dreamboxedit backup?

• Advertisement

Looks like you have a dodgy feed on one tuner. Try a single feed at a time into tuner B. .

Looks like you have a dodgy feed on one tuner. Try a single feed at a time into tuner B. .

It's ok I'm very happy with vix.mrs thinks it's better too and more responsive thanks

I finally got everything set up on vid, except saorview channels.

Every time I do a scan, manual or automatic, the box crashes.
    Anyone seen that on openvix?

cork_south wrote: »
    I finally got everything set up on vid, except saorview channels.

Every time I do a scan, manual or automatic, the box crashes.
    Anyone seen that on openvix?

Not for me anyway everything went nice and smooth for me.try autobiuquets maker to see if it will work

Not for me anyway everything went nice and smooth for me.try autobiuquets maker to see if it will work

Had just read it might be a skin issue so deleted all skins except 1, applied that skin, restarted UI and now its gone into a boot loop.

Back to Hyperion 4.5 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Glebo

Hello,
    I'm new to this box but have an offer to buy it second hand at around 85USD (Triple ver.). I would really appreciate if you clarify a few doubts I have now.
    1. Firstly is this box capable of streaming from two tuners while comfortably watching the third? Does it have sufficient computational power to do that?
    2. Is it capable of playing 720p and 1080p h.264 content at 60 fps with AAC sound (all in mkv)? I have a still growing collection of NBA content in this format.
    3. What if I play 60p content and the device is set to 1080i50 output. Will it switch to 1080p60 mode or I will be forced to change output to 60p by hand.
    I'm sorry if these questions were answered somewhere in this long thread. I read through last 100 pages and not found definitive answers there.

Glebo wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm new to this box but have an offer to buy it second hand at around 85USD (Triple ver.). I would really appreciate if you clarify a few doubts I have now.
    1. Firstly is this box capable of streaming from two tuners while comfortably watching the third? Does it have sufficient computational power to do that?
    2. Is it capable of playing 720p and 1080p h.264 content at 60 fps with AAC sound (all in mkv)? I have a still growing collection of NBA content in this format.
    3. What if I play 60p content and the device is set to 1080i50 output. Will it switch to 1080p60 mode or I will be forced to change output to 60p by hand.
    I'm sorry if these questions were answered somewhere in this long thread. I read through last 100 pages and not found definitive answers there.

1. Yes, though it can struggle with full HD (1080 1920), no problem with SD or a mix. E.g, stream 2 SD and watch HD. Other factors affecting this, wired or wifi, how good is your router ( all traffic through here). I changed routers recently when going to fibre light and can now stream HD no problem while box is on HD. Raw streams from the the tuners are piped to the video chip or the network interface, box processor is not too involved I'd imagine.

2. It can play Mkv. I'd need to try a 1080p 60 file. Available setting for p progressive scan is 1080p 50 or less. I'd imagine it would work, by frame dropping to 50, you'd need to try a file. 1080 i 60 is available. It's automatic insofar as the video chip handles whatever comes in ( 720, 1089, p or i) and transposes it to the output set in A/V settings.

3. 1080p is only available in 50 frames per second. 60 is available in 1080i ( interlaced)

Edit. Watched, streamed and recorded HD from all three tuners just there without a problem. You can also stream (or record) any channel that is on the same TP as any of the above, so if someone wants to push the box and report, feel free.

Thanks for info!
    Most of the time the box will be used for watching one dvb-s2 HD channel and streaming another dvb-t HD channel through wired LAN (gigabit). Does it work without problems in such setup?
    All tuners occupied is the worst case scenario for me, typically it will be 2 HD, one decoded on device, one streamed over LAN.

It is a little disappointing one cannot set 1080p60 as an output. Hardware limitation? There is plenty of NBA caps over network which are sourced from American 29,97 and 59,98 fps standards and through soft deinterlacer they produce 720p60 or 1080p60 encodes.
    I would really appreciate if you or maybe someone else with hardware next to him check h.264 720p60 and 1080p60 mkv playback in output set to 720p60 and 1080i50 for instance. I wonder if h264 decoder is powerful enough to handle the computations required.

Glebo wrote: »
    Thanks for info!
    Most of the time the box will be used for watching one dvb-s2 HD channel and streaming another dvb-t HD channel through wired LAN (gigabit). Does it work without problems in such setup?
    All tuners occupied is the worst case scenario for me, typically it will be 2 HD, one decoded on device, one streamed over LAN.

It is a little disappointing one cannot set 1080p60 as an output. Hardware limitation? There is plenty of NBA caps over network which are sourced from American 29,97 and 59,98 fps standards and through soft deinterlacer they produce 720p60 or 1080p60 encodes.
    I would really appreciate if you or maybe someone else with hardware next to him check h.264 720p60 and 1080p60 mkv playback in output set to 720p60 and 1080i50 for instance. I wonder if h264 decoder is powerful enough to handle the computations required.

If these net feeds (caps?) are interlaced in the first instance, what's to be gained by bumping up to progressive? Just play at 1080i 60 and set the TV to 1080p, i or auto and let it deinterlace. I assumed you had a non interlaced HD 60 frame sources to begin with.

• Advertisement

I suspect nothing really. Most probably it is 1080i59,9 as a source and they produce 720p60 or 1080p60 simply to avoid deinterlacing requirement during playback. At the and all is progressive so "problem solved".
    But take any h264 mkv 720p60 or 1080p60 content despite the origin. Is it playable with AA2?
    This is not self-evident to me as almost all dvb content is max 1080i so hardware does not have to support these p60 modes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement