Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

Evening all, been following this thread on and off for the last year and find it helpful. Recently started using freshpotts 5.1 and think its smoother and more stable than 4.5.

However after doing a bit of skin surfing recently I have found than when I went back to sky hd skin I have no info on the saorview channels in the channel guide or cool epg, but its there when I press the info button. I downloaded cross epg again, reloaded it and even did a force reload from the plugins but without sucess.

I have no idea what to do next so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I also tried the vix image but found navigating the menues impossible as the cursor would wander erratically through the selections before stopping on a seletion other than required so i had to give up on it. Funnily enough I think I had the same problem with an open tv image about a year ago which resulted in me starting with hyperion in the first place.

Overall enigma is worth it but does need patience at times:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

unit 1 wrote: »
    Evening all, been following this thread on and off for the last year and find it helpful. Recently started using freshpotts 5.1 and think its smoother and more stable than 4.5.

However after doing a bit of skin surfing recently I have found than when I went back to sky hd skin I have no info on the saorview channels in the channel guide or cool epg, but its there when I press the info button. I downloaded cross epg again, reloaded it and even did a force reload from the plugins but without sucess.

I have no idea what to do next so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I also tried the vix image but found navigating the menues impossible as the cursor would wander erratically through the selections before stopping on a seletion other than required so i had to give up on it. Funnily enough I think I had the same problem with an open tv image about a year ago which resulted in me starting with hyperion in the first place.

Overall enigma is worth it but does need patience at times:D

I presume you did a back up before messing around with the skins? Ha only messing as I am always breaking stuff and not having a backup. To be honest the sky skin is more trouble than it's worth, we were used to it in the house but tried a default skin and the box ran a lot smoother and now we wouldn't go back to the sky one, most skins have different views and options when it comes to the likes of epg and info but the likes of the colour of the font can be changed in the menu to your liking

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

Hi guys, have an enigma2, and it's running perfectly, love it. However when I stream it over network, I have 100Mb upload from the box, wired, and I've 56Mb download on my laptop wired, and it will freeze every 30 seconds, and if I hit pause then play it starts again fine.

What can I do to stream better? Do I need to change the upload settings on the box or something? I've tried playing with the network streaming options in VLC but it seems to be the same.

Many thanks,

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

GWNiall wrote: »
    Hi guys, have an enigma2, and it's running perfectly, love it. However when I stream it over network, I have 100Mb upload from the box, wired, and I've 56Mb download on my laptop wired, and it will freeze every 30 seconds, and if I hit pause then play it starts again fine.

What can I do to stream better? Do I need to change the upload settings on the box or something? I've tried playing with the network streaming options in VLC but it seems to be the same.

Many thanks,

Niall

100 and 56, are these internet test speeds? These would not be relevant when streaming from box to laptop over wired. The router is just being used as an ethernet switch. Freezing is more like to be something in the box or laptop which is interrupting the process. Are you using the link from the box webif page? Try streaming to a different device, an android phone or tablet say. You might need to install vlc or mxplayer on the device if it's own media player doesn't work. While my streaming is all over wireless, I had difficulty with hd streams only. Since changing router this is not a problem anymore, so the bottleneck was in the switch, not the box or the android device. If you can borros a small 4 port ethernet switch from somewhere this will take the packer switching away from your router and show if the problem is there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I see Mutv hd , Made in tyne and weir and some zee channels now have Constant Control word encryption on them

users would help to update your emu/ softcam key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

deezell wrote: »

Many thanks,

Niall

100 and 56, are these internet test speeds? These would not be relevant when streaming from box to laptop over wired. The router is just being used as an ethernet switch. Freezing is more like to be something in the box or laptop which is interrupting the process. Are you using the link from the box webif page? Try streaming to a different device, an android phone or tablet say. You might need to install vlc or mxplayer on the device if it's own media player doesn't work. While my streaming is all over wireless, I had difficulty with hd streams only. Since changing router this is not a problem anymore, so the bottleneck was in the switch, not the box or the android device. If you can borros a small 4 port ethernet switch from somewhere this will take the packer switching away from your router and show if the problem is there.
    Hi mate,

thanks for the quick response. Yeah these are internet speeds, I just wanted to put the point out that the internet is definitely quick enough to stream. I'm in work at the moment on 200Mb download and the exact same thing happens.

What settings can I change on my box/router back home to try sort out the streaming as I assume it's an issue with the box if it's not working streaming to my flat or to my office (both start fine but freeze after 10 - 15 seconds).

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

Well it seems the tried and tested remedy of "turning it off, and turning it on again" worked this morning. Does'nt work late at night it seems.
    Still worth it for all it's irritations, thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Hi mate,

thanks for the quick response. Yeah these are internet speeds, I just wanted to put the point out that the internet is definitely quick enough to stream. I'm in work at the moment on 200Mb download and the exact same thing happens.

What settings can I change on my box/router back home to try sort out the streaming as I assume it's an issue with the box if it's not working streaming to my flat or to my office (both start fine but freeze after 10 - 15 seconds).
    Sorry, you're streaming out from the box over the Wan.Your speeds are more than sufficient, but they are not point to point. I have 20 up from home and it's fine for sd streaming (looking in on the ryder cup at the moment as I'm away) so you don't need much. So many factors can effect a stream, but I'd be inclined to look at the router first. Are there other devices putting traffic through it. Some routers can assign priority to devices for traffic. (Fritzbox for one), you could check yours to see. Sometimes high speed connections are not all they seem to be. Bursty connections with high average speed may miss a few frames of data and freeze the player. Try opening a VPN to your router and do a speedtest test through this for an accurate picture. See how flat the speed graph is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hi all.

So I got my Dad this box (I use the same) and hes having a consistent problem with it. I'm over for dinner today and im freaking over it haha.

The signal/box goes black every few minutes. Sound and video goes and them comes back. The TV is showing the HDMi channel in the corner so I'm not sure if he problem s the box or TV. Pretty sure it's the box.

Have reflashed the image and checked cable and stuff. Using Zards4.5 i think.

Currently watching a match on a certain sports channel and it's just blacking out every like 30 seconds.

The box is using WiFi. Brought my power plugs over and going to try them in a bit incase it's a WiFi problem.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hi all.

So I got my Dad this box (I use the same) and hes having a consistent problem with it. I'm over for dinner today and im freaking over it haha.

The signal/box goes black every few minutes. Sound and video goes and them comes back. The TV is showing the HDMi channel in the corner so I'm not sure if he problem s the box or TV. Pretty sure it's the box.

Have reflashed the image and checked cable and stuff. Using Zards4.5 i think.

Currently watching a match on a certain sports channel and it's just blacking out every like 30 seconds.

The box is using WiFi. Brought my power plugs over and going to try them in a bit incase it's a WiFi problem.

sounds like the tv or a loose/ faulty hdmi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

fifi1710 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Purchased an amiko alien 2 box, installed enigma 2 and cccam inserted but no pictures appearing on sky channels. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    have u restarted your cam

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fifi1710

How do i do that?

Nowso wrote: »
    sounds like the tv or a loose/ faulty hdmi

Cables and connections were one of the first things I checked and all is fine.

The TV itself is fine, ran a movie through the USB port and no issues. The box itself is also fine when I set the box back to factory settings and run through freeview channels.

Just seems like something I'd expect others to have experienced. I know I havn't, but with the boxes being so popular, nothing on google or other forums returns a result of anyone experiencing this.

I'm having him ring the store he bought from to see if they have come across it, and if not to source a replacement box.

Cables and connections were one of the first things I checked and all is fine.

The TV itself is fine, ran a movie through the USB port and no issues. The box itself is also fine when I set the box back to factory settings and run through freeview channels.

Just seems like something I'd expect others to have experienced. I know I havn't, but with the boxes being so popular, nothing on google or other forums returns a result of anyone experiencing this.

I'm having him ring the store he bought from to see if they have come across it, and if not to source a replacement box.

maybe the tv is only 720 hd and box is set to 1080 etc ? guess

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

Anyone send on Hyperion 5.4 to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anyone send on Hyperion 5.4 to me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d18wj7xw2o6ks9/gm7162_GIT-750_PKT-3464-NP_pli_new_stm24-p0217_flash.zip?dl=0

Nothing configured in this, just the basic image. Yet to have enough time to get a proper backup image together.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

Trying to set up enigma2 say U L D on the front of box?

Sorted out my Dad's problem. Three HDMI cable changes later all fine.

Turns out two were faulty. In saying that I took them home and plugged into devices and fine no issues.

Seems fixed anyway whatever the problem was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Sorted out my Dad's problem. Three HDMI cable changes later all fine.

Turns out two were faulty. In saying that I took them home and plugged into devices and fine no issues.

Seems fixed anyway whatever the problem was.

Maybe the hdmi connection on the back of his box is a bit dodgy?

how.gareth wrote: »

Yeah thinking it might be that. Can't remember if the box has one or two HDMI ports, but he has had a few days without issue now.

I got anal about it as I was certain the HDMI cables were fine, so I swopped some devices in my house using these cables and all fine. So might well be the port. If it happens again might have him return the box faulty and get a replacement before the warranty expires.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

how.gareth wrote: »

Thanks for your hyperion 5.4 backup in the firmware thread here

Worked a treat.
    I'd Hyperion 4.5 and it was crawling along.
    Reflashed with Hyperion 5.4 and it has a new lease of life.

Tested the basics
    - scanning saorview
    - scanning freesat
    - crossepg
    - recording now
    - scheduled recording
    - playing back recorded videos ( from Alien Amiko and external AVIs on my NAS box )
    - mounting linux network drives
    - accessible via Dreamdroid App on android to set recordings
    - copying & pasting previous channel list from DreamEdit ( bouquet editor )

All good so far.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Thanks for your hyperion 5.4 backup in the firmware thread here

Worked a treat.
    I'd Hyperion 4.5 and it was crawling along.
    Reflashed with Hyperion 5.4 and it has a new lease of life.

Tested the basics
    - scanning saorview
    - scanning freesat
    - crossepg
    - recording now
    - scheduled recording
    - playing back recorded videos ( from Alien Amiko and external AVIs on my NAS box )
    - mounting linux network drives
    - accessible via Dreamdroid App on android to set recordings
    - copying & pasting previous channel list from DreamEdit ( bouquet editor )

All good so far.

thanks.

Had it but went back to 4.5.crossepg would get stuck download and box wud need hard reboot every time.also a lot of plugins won't work like history zap selector which is a must for me.i think fresh pots 4.5 is the most stable version so far that has no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Had it but went back to 4.5.crossepg would get stuck download and box wud need hard reboot every time.

Maybe crossepg defaulted to the limited internal memory for the crossepg files, as opposed to an external usb stick/drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

i think fresh pots 4.5 is the most stable version so far that has no problems

Absolutely agree, I have been running it since it was uploaded and not one green screen in all that time!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭championc

Trying to set up enigma2 say U L D on the front of box?

Are you trying to flash the image using JUST the buttons on the front and a USB stick ? If so, don't waste your time on that stupid method and just use the spark plugin - works 100% every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Had it but went back to 4.5.crossepg would get stuck download and box wud need hard reboot every time.also a lot of plugins won't work like history zap selector which is a must for me.i think fresh pots 4.5 is the most stable version so far that has no problems

Where would I get this and does it need a lot of setting up to get things up and running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

eamonnq wrote: »
    Where would I get this and does it need a lot of setting up to get things up and running ?

Here you go.
    https://goo.gl/PnGHq1

Will need a full satellite scan and tune in of your nearest saorview mast, will need to make sure your hdd is mounted and and crossepg is saving to it but other that that it'll be pretty much ready to go. Don't forget to run a scan of autobouquets also after the satellite scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Here you go.
    https://goo.gl/PnGHq1

Will need a full satellite scan and tune in of your nearest saorview mast, will need to make sure your hdd is mounted and and crossepg is saving to it but other that that it'll be pretty much ready to go. Don't forget to run a scan of autobouquets also after the satellite scan.

Thanks for that, have not mounted any HDD, me and Oscam don't seem to get on to well for some reason either though.

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php/74309-cccam-for-PKT-Hyperion-4-5-image

Tried this too, but was not successful either.

Need to take a break from it now though, and start from scratch later to make sure I am not missing something simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Anyone know of a handy way to upgrade open box from 006 to 007, or does the entire image need to be reflashed?

• Advertisement

cork_south wrote: »
    Anyone know of a handy way to upgrade open box from 006 to 007, or does the entire image need to be reflashed?
    vix 4 have upgraded to 008 now . it can be done a lot quicker when your use to it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement