Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

Looking to get bouquet with sky ROI 101 rte and then FTA/FTA HD bouquet and terrestrial

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Looking to get bouquet with sky ROI 101 rte and then FTA/FTA HD bouquet and terrestrial

As a starting point you could change default bouquet to Republic of Ireland SD in autobouquet, that'll set it up like Sky Ireland.

You'll probably need to use dreamboxedit to arrange channels in the order you want or do it on the STB using your remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Lads I can't get bt sports 2 to populate in my epg, any ideas?

As a starting point you could change default bouquet to Republic of Ireland SD in autobouquet, that'll set it up like Sky Ireland.

You'll probably need to use dreamboxedit to arrange channels in the order you want or do it on the STB using your remote control.

Want as sky Ireland and then the FTA below

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

how.gareth wrote: »

im the same the last few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Any one know how to stop the cooltvguide update popup? I have decompiled the plugin.pyo file and found the line "if (localtime().tm_year, localtime().tm_mon) >= (2016, 11):
    session.open(MessageBox, opsyr, MessageBox.TYPE_INFO)"
    This is causing it to look for an update. How do I either edit the plugin.pyo file in the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/ or how do I recompile the file after editing it in windows?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

aireng wrote: »
    Any one know how to stop the cooltvguide update popup? I have decompiled the plugin.pyo file and found the line "if (localtime().tm_year, localtime().tm_mon) >= (2016, 11):
    This is causing it to look for an update. How do I either edit the plugin.pyo file in the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/ or how do I recompile the file after editing it in windows?
    Thanks

What's new in that update

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Thanks

See Here for the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Thanks Gerry,
    I had actually worked out if I just saved the text file with the changed expiry date as a python (.py) file and ftp'd it back to the box and did it a reboot it recompiles it and the popup is gone. Thanks for the reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Thanks Gerry,
    I had actually worked out if I just saved the text file with the changed expiry date as a python (.py) file and ftp'd it back to the box and did it a reboot it recompiles it and the popup is gone. Thanks for the reply though.
    Damn clever these boxes :D

• Advertisement

Never mind seems to be grand now

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

How about s sports 3 and 4? Mine are blank but I can find then when I do a manual search

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

I've that issue also, no epg until I select it, then it's just now/ next. Been like that a while, have you full 7 day epg now? The issue is out there on a few blogs. Some suggestions re the providers, such as using rytec. Retuning makes no difference, there are two versions on the TP with different SIDS, station identifiers, but both are blank until selected, then it's strictly now next, which is the embedded Programme info. Might have a fiddle with the cross configuration.

Blowheads wrote: »
    How about s sports 3 and 4? Mine are blank but I can find then when I do a manual search

I've this just on 2, and the HDs and espn which I can't get anyway. 1 and 3 have full 7 day epg.

Thanks Gerry,

Kind of creepy that Coolman had expected to have a new version ready by this date, instead the poor guy is sadly passed away. Great legacy though.

installed iptv player then removed it but keeps coming up saying plugin file not available and something like that

also there was a custom bouqet on box then i use abm to get roi bouquet how do i put abm bouquet above the original bouquet?

deezell wrote: »
    I've that issue also, no epg until I select it, then it's just now/ next. Been like that a while, have you full 7 day epg now? The issue is out there on a few blogs. Some suggestions re the providers, such as using rytec. Retuning makes no difference, there are two versions on the TP with different SIDS, station identifiers, but both are blank until selected, then it's strictly now next, which is the embedded Programme info. Might have a fiddle with the cross configuration.

Dunno how but mine is back working grand now

This is what it says regarding IpTV player, don't want it coming up

Also how do I put the ABM bouquet above original bouquet?

How do I scroll through sections when pressing epg as below?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

happened me , ether re install the plugin or the image

there a new 2.2.009 vix4 out now

With your arrows? Or the number 9 to skip a day

Nowso wrote: »
    happened me , ether re install the plugin or the image

there a new 2.2.009 vix4 out now

Don't want to reinstall image. Do I have to reinstall plugin? And then uninstall? Anyone else with any info?

Use dreamboxedit on your pc to easily arrange bouquets in order. Alternatively., using the remote select epg, select bouquets or favourites, while in the bouquet view press menu and select move mode. You can now highlight a bouquet and move it up or down the list, pressing OK to fix it. This good for Hyperion,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

red button, then press 4. Should be an easier way but it won't let you scroll through them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Best way to add an m3u playlist as a bouqet ?

Nowso wrote: »
    Best way to add an m3u playlist as a bouqet ?

Post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98379759&postcount=5502 to post 5506, we discussed this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

Hi folks have been following this thread and found it very useful,
    I recently started to stream to kodi with vu+ on my home pc and have found some issues that I cannot get to grips with.

1 EPG for satellite channels not showin programme info, saorview is ok.

2 Cannot watch 1 sat channel and stream another sat channel to my pc.

3 PVR option set to fetch 1 boquet only (I have spelled it correctly), and the pvr does'nt start up, so I have to uncheck it and it loads all channels, not a biggie really.
    4 Sat channel picons not showing properly from the selected folder, but a generic picon shows, as if it cannot read them properly. They are .png so should work.
    Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

unit 1 wrote: »
    Hi folks have been following this thread and found it very useful,
    I recently started to stream to kodi with vu+ on my home pc and have found some issues that I cannot get to grips with.

1 EPG for satellite channels not showin programme info, saorview is ok.

2 Cannot watch 1 sat channel and stream another sat channel to my pc.

3 PVR option set to fetch 1 boquet only (I have spelled it correctly), and the pvr does'nt start up, so I have to uncheck it and it loads all channels, not a biggie really.
    4 Sat channel picons not showing properly from the selected folder, but a generic picon shows, as if it cannot read them properly. They are .png so should work.
    Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

1. Assuming you mean the epg on your Vu box, you will need to configure crossepg to download and save the epg to a nominated storage, USB or hdd. Saorview epg is embedded in the channels stream so is always there. Astra epg is carried on an individual transponder (tp) which must be tuned in by one of the receivers sat tuners. If you don't have both tuners connected to the dish it will fail. If you only have one cable from your dish, you must disable the spare tuner so the box will know it only has one and will switch to this during the epg download.
    2. This sounds like you have only one cable feed from your dish, which is one reason for no epg above. If you have only one feed then that is used for watched channel and the second tuner fails to find a signal for streaming. While watching saorview the first sat tuner can stream a sat channel. This is assuming you have a twin sat single terrestrial tuner on your vu box. If you only have a single sat tuner then watching/ streaming 2 sat or 2 saorview together is limited to channels which share the same satellite TP or saorview multiplex.
    4. Probably to do with lack of sat epg download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Being having an issue for quite some time that I sporadically try to fix but to no avail. I have 2 AA2 boxes, both have FreshPots image so both are pretty much identical I think. The problem is:

=> Box 1/Room 1 - Works fine, when I do a full satellite scan I get 975 channels:

=> Box 2/Room 2 - Works fine also with 1 exception, when I do a full satellite scan I get 534 channels. It doesn't pick up channels such as 'Chart Show TV','The Box', 'CBS Reality' or 'BTSport 1' to name a few. It's generally not a problem as I have all the mainstream channels. I just find it odd and occasionally inconvenient if I want to put on music for the kids in Room 2.

I switched the boxes to opposite rooms to check if it was feed/cable related, but the issue appears to be with Box 2 as I get the reduced channels numbers in whichever room I scan with Box 2, while Box 1 returns all channels in both rooms. Any suggestions?

One thing to add, although it is probably not relevant......box 2 satellite channels successfully tuned(BBC 1, ITV etc) will not work if I do not have the HDMI(and sat feed) connected to Box 1. So If i disconnected the HDMI in room 1 from the box, the tuned channels stop working in Room 2. Presume this is something to do with LNB power but just guessing here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement