Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone else having trouble with CrossEPG? All I get is the spinning circle in the corner and it goes back to the menu, downloads nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

deezell wrote: »
    1. Assuming you mean the epg on your Vu box, you will need to configure crossepg to download and save the epg to a nominated storage, USB or hdd. Saorview epg is embedded in the channels stream so is always there. Astra epg is carried on an individual transponder (tp) which must be tuned in by one of the receivers sat tuners. If you don't have both tuners connected to the dish it will fail. If you only have one cable from your dish, you must disable the spare tuner so the box will know it only has one and will switch to this during the epg download.
    2. This sounds like you have only one cable feed from your dish, which is one reason for no epg above. If you have only one feed then that is used for watched channel and the second tuner fails to find a signal for streaming. While watching saorview the first sat tuner can stream a sat channel. This is assuming you have a twin sat single terrestrial tuner on your vu box. If you only have a single sat tuner then watching/ streaming 2 sat or 2 saorview together is limited to channels which share the same satellite TP or saorview multiplex.
    4. Probably to do with lack of sat epg download.

Thanks for your input. It prompted me to do a bit of fiddling and I discovered a schoolboy error, for a sparks, as one of my sat feeds had popped out.

So alls well now on the streaming of different sat channel on box and pc.

The problem with my epg remains however. Even though the info bar in kodi says importing epg no programme info shows up in the epg guide in kodi but alls well on the box using cooltv guide. So I have the channel guide, times etc but no info on the actual programme, its as if its not importing it to kodi on the pc.
    Forgot to mention I'm actually using an amiko alien 2 with sat tuner configuration tuner c=b.
    Thanks for your help so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

unit 1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your input. It prompted me to do a bit of fiddling and I discovered a schoolboy error, for a sparks, as one of my sat feeds had popped out.

So alls well now on the streaming of different sat channel on box and pc.

The problem with my epg remains however. Even though the info bar in kodi says importing epg no programme info shows up in the epg guide in kodi but alls well on the box using cooltv guide. So I have the channel guide, times etc but no info on the actual programme, its as if its not importing it to kodi on the pc.
    Forgot to mention I'm actually using an amiko alien 2 with sat tuner configuration tuner c=b.
    Thanks for your help so far.

I think I misunderstood. You mean the detailed program information in addition to the program names and times. The info which shows up on cool guide when you highlight a program. This text is usually available on interfaces outside the box when you click on the program title. You may get a choice of program info, set timer to this program, zap the box to this channel and so on. Try an android version like dreamdroid for comparison. If you use webif instead of kodi for pc streaming you'll be able to establish if program info is being sent to the pc, which if there would point to kodi being at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I've tried to stream remotely from my Triplex from time to time but just could not get it to work.
    Setting up the router has always been a mystery even following some of the detailed instructions that can be found on the web.
    So here's some screenshots of what I've done. Maybe someone in the know can see what I'm doing wrong.

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/4148/fIhnRI.png
    http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8444/Mx4Cdr.png
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9414/pzKIML.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with CrossEPG? All I get is the spinning circle in the corner and it goes back to the menu, downloads nothing.

Yes, sometimes.
    Although I have the Hyperion 5.4 image, which for the most part is stable.

At one stage in the past, I remember deleting the file(s) that stored the EPG data... a few years ago.
    Might be worth a shot.

Or see if the path/location that the EPG data is being stored to is still valid, or whether you removed a USB key it was using etc.

For me, it would look like it downloaded, converted and saved the crossepg data. But as if it didn't/couldn't load it.

I have the latest version that avoids the "update check" message.

• Advertisement

I've tried to stream remotely from my Triplex from time to time but just could not get it to work.
    Setting up the router has always been a mystery even following some of the detailed instructions that can be found on the web.
    So here's some screenshots of what I've done. Maybe someone in the know can see what I'm doing wrong.

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/4148/fIhnRI.png
    http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8444/Mx4Cdr.png
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9414/pzKIML.png

Your first image is where you are port forwarding port 8001 from the box to the outside internet. This is needed only for streaming outside the home network. You should also forward the http port 80 to the box, as this is necessary for whatever software you are using (webif, dreamdroid etc.) to establish a connection with the box before a stream is initiated. Again only necessary outside the home network.

Second image is your no-ip config on the router, which allows you to see the box from outside using a url (e.g. mybox.ddns.net) instead of the router's outside IP address, which can vary when the router restarts.

Third image shows a config panel for some streaming app? The partial IP address shown is probably the box's local IP address, which will work in the home network, and does not require either DDNS or port forwarding. You should be able to stream easily to a pc using WebIf or to a phone using dreamdroid etc. with just this address, the box username and password (if required, with authorisation on in webif). The ports for the interface are 80 and 8001 for the stream. If you get it to stream inside, you just need to put in the outside IP of the router or the no-ip url in place of the inside IP and it should work. WebIf will work on a mobile phone also, tapping the little tv icon to the right of the channel list for any bouquet kicks in VLC or your phones video player (not all can handle the M3U stream file, VLC recommended) and connects the stream. You need a decent upload speed outside the home network. Webif requires no port or password configuration. if you have port 80 forwarded to the box, you will get the Webif interface on your phone (mobile version first) preceded by a login dialogue if your Webif authentication is turned on. Clicking the telly icon automatically looks for port 8001 for the stream, which must also be forwarded on the router to the box
    EDIT. what is the app on your phone? The entry for port may not be for the stream but for the connection to the box, which would be 80. This needs to added to your forwarding list on the router

Tuesday13 wrote: »
    Being having an issue for quite some time that I sporadically try to fix but to no avail. I have 2 AA2 boxes, both have FreshPots image so both are pretty much identical I think. The problem is:

=> Box 1/Room 1 - Works fine, when I do a full satellite scan I get 975 channels:

=> Box 2/Room 2 - Works fine also with 1 exception, when I do a full satellite scan I get 534 channels. It doesn't pick up channels such as 'Chart Show TV','The Box', 'CBS Reality' or 'BTSport 1' to name a few. It's generally not a problem as I have all the mainstream channels. I just find it odd and occasionally inconvenient if I want to put on music for the kids in Room 2.

I switched the boxes to opposite rooms to check if it was feed/cable related, but the issue appears to be with Box 2 as I get the reduced channels numbers in whichever room I scan with Box 2, while Box 1 returns all channels in both rooms. Any suggestions?

One thing to add, although it is probably not relevant......box 2 satellite channels successfully tuned(BBC 1, ITV etc) will not work if I do not have the HDMI(and sat feed) connected to Box 1. So If i disconnected the HDMI in room 1 from the box, the tuned channels stop working in Room 2. Presume this is something to do with LNB power but just guessing here.

You're on the money. You are only getting about half the channels so the LNB ports connected to box two are not being switched. There are two frequency bands tuned by the LNB and two polarities of signal, so the tuner has to send a signal up the cable ( a voltage and a tone) to switch band and polarity. if either of these signals is compromised, you will be stuck on either one polarity or one band. Seems box one is providing most of the power for the LNB, as pulling it causes box 2 feeds to fail altogether. Check the voltage at the tuner connectors with a meter if you have one.

I think I misunderstood. You mean the detailed program information in addition to the program names and times. The info which shows up on cool guide when you highlight a program. This text is usually available on interfaces outside the box when you click on the program title. You may get a choice of program info, set timer to this program, zap the box to this channel and so on. Try an android version like dreamdroid for comparison. If you use webif instead of kodi for pc streaming you'll be able to establish if program info is being sent to the pc, which if there would point to kodi being at fault.

Just tried dreamdroid and webif and info is there, so the problem seems to be with kodi. Just now kodi is running and info bar is saying "importing guide from clients", but I'm still missing the programme description. Not a dealbreaker but frustrating none the less.
    If I could get it to work seamlessly it would be an alternative to buying tuner cards for a live tv/streaming htpc, kodi all in one setup, might even be possible with a pi 3.
    Anyway thanks for your help,

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

deezell wrote:
    Third image shows a config panel for some streaming app? The partial IP address shown is probably the box's local IP address, which will work in the home network, and does not require either DDNS or port forwarding. You should be able to stream easily to a pc using WebIf or to a phone using dreamdroid etc. with just this address, the box username and password (if required, with authorisation on in webif). The ports for the interface are 80 and 8001 for the stream. If you get it to stream inside, you just need to put in the outside IP of the router or the no-ip url in place of the inside IP and it should work. WebIf will work on a mobile phone also, tapping the little tv icon to the right of the channel list for any bouquet kicks in VLC or your phones video player (not all can handle the M3U stream file, VLC recommended) and connects the stream. You need a decent upload speed outside the home network. Webif requires no port or password configuration. if you have port 80 forwarded to the box, you will get the Webif interface on your phone (mobile version first) preceded by a login dialogue if your Webif authentication is turned on. Clicking the telly icon automatically looks for port 8001 for the stream, which must also be forwarded on the router to the box EDIT. what is the app on your phone? The entry for port may not be for the stream but for the connection to the box, which would be 80. This needs to added to your forwarding list on the router

I'm on 10/2 package so upload of 2m/s. Works fine internally when port set to 80. Using app vu+ player which I find very good for streaming internally. Maybe as simple as my upload is too slow!

I'm on 10/2 package so upload of 2m/s. Works fine internally when port set to 80. Using app vu+ player which I find very good for streaming internally. Maybe as simple as my upload is too slow!

Vu+ hd player latest version sucks. No connection. I'm assuming you're using the earlier version which still works according to blogs, but its not in the google android play store anymore.
    Even if your upload is slow, you can still check if your port forwarding and ddns is working. Does the player connect from outside? Can you see epg and select channels. 2mbs should produce some playback. Try a low bit rate channel like TV3 or a sat shopping channel. For Tv3 make sure its zapped first to get the tuner on the right Mux. Before I got fibre lite with 20 mbs upload, I was on .5mbs upload, which was good for radio externally, TV was a series of still frames with jerky sound, but I still got something, so with 2Mbs (run speedtest to make sure you have this), you should get a stream if the app is connecting. Try webif instead of vu player from a phone browser externally, or the dreamdroid app. If you get the interface and epg then your port 80 forwarding and ddns are working. Port 8001 forwarding will pass the stream.
    Its possible you may be on a provider whose external ip on the router is not a public ip, effectively you're on an internal network within an internal network. If the external ip of the router is 192.something or 172. something then you haven't got a real public ip, and your box is effectively invisible from outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Here you go.
    https://goo.gl/PnGHq1

Will need a full satellite scan and tune in of your nearest saorview mast, will need to make sure your hdd is mounted and and crossepg is saving to it but other that that it'll be pretty much ready to go. Don't forget to run a scan of autobouquets also after the satellite scan.

This is going to be an utter noobs question - especially given that I'm a software guy but is there a foolproof guide for flashing these images?

lawred2 wrote: »
    This is going to be an utter noobs question - especially given that I'm a software guy but is there a foolproof guide for flashing these images?

Some swear by the soft method, booting the box from Spark, loading the new image, switch off then rebooting from enigma 2. I prefer the bootloader method, image on a USB and boot whilet holding down the whatsit key, then follow a sequence of key presses. I forget the exact sequence, but it's in the thread. Go to freeTV.ie for good tutorials from tvtrade Dave.
    Edit. Good pdf of cold boot method.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://amikostb.com/download.php%3Fid%3D855&ved=0ahUKEwiLrrWZ_KzQAhVIWxoKHb_MAfEQFggmMAE&usg=AFQjCNHHvgMAp_LdA1R-GK5BaUFrfsme9g&sig2=-KC6mzQWK3FPjBnzeINUfA

Some swear by the soft method, booting the box from Spark, loading the new image, switch off then rebooting from enigma 2. I prefer the bootloader method, image on a USB and boot whilet holding down the whatsit key, then follow a sequence of key presses. I forget the exact sequence, but it's in the thread. Go to freeTV.ie for good tutorials from tvtrade Dave.
    Edit. Good pdf of cold boot method.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://amikostb.com/download.php%3Fid%3D855&ved=0ahUKEwiLrrWZ_KzQAhVIWxoKHb_MAfEQFggmMAE&usg=AFQjCNHHvgMAp_LdA1R-GK5BaUFrfsme9g&sig2=-KC6mzQWK3FPjBnzeINUfA

cheers

right so I flashed that image easy enough

now how do I configure an EPG to have the saorview channels and fta channels in the same list? Or is that Harry Potter levels of wizardry?

cheers

now how do I configure an EPG to have the saorview channels and fta channels in the same list? Or is that Harry Potter levels of wizardry?

Three methods and levels of ease

1. Voldemort level: Use the software Dreamboxedit on your PC to connect to the box, download its lists (bouguets) and add, delete order and rename channels. Also create you own bouquets
    2. Dumbledore level: Connect to the box using the Webif interface on any browser, (pop in the box ip address) and go to the BouguetEditor on the left panel. You can add and delete channels from the general channel list on the right (selecting satellite or terrestrial) and add them into any of the existing list that are displayed on the right. Clicking on any of these list brings up its contents in the lower right panel, click on the position you want your channel in then click on th right arrow of the channel in the left channels list to add it.
    3. Harry Potter level: Use the remote to select the basic EPG (not the cool guide). While in EPG press menu, you will get options to edit the list. to re-order and edit channels, and move to other lists. To edit the lists themselves select EPG, then select bouquets or favourites, usually blue button, while bouquet list is displaying, press menu and go into edit mode where you can order the bouguets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

cheers

Download and install DreamBoxEdit to your PC and use it to edit your bouquets and favourites.

EDIT: Beaten to the post by deezell ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

You're on the money. You are only getting about half the channels so the LNB ports connected to box two are not being switched. There are two frequency bands tuned by the LNB and two polarities of signal, so the tuner has to send a signal up the cable ( a voltage and a tone) to switch band and polarity. if either of these signals is compromised, you will be stuck on either one polarity or one band. Seems box one is providing most of the power for the LNB, as pulling it causes box 2 feeds to fail altogether. Check the voltage at the tuner connectors with a meter if you have one.

Thanks deezell, don't have a meter but hopefully I'll be able to borrow one tonight. Assuming this is a tuner voltage issue, would this suggest a faulty tuner on the box? Or perhaps a setting that can be updated?

One further point I neglected to mention, for box/room 2 , there is a sat/UHF combiner in the attic as I only have one cable coming from the attic for that room, so the sat/terrestrial signals are being brought down via one cable(and then split again with another combiner before going into the AA2). Again though, as box 2 has the same issue in room 1( no combiners.......direct feeds only) I think this is not part of the problem.........thanks.

I've flashed Hyperion 5.1 from here but it's running like a dog

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0fmbfq4h18er35l/AAC6go61ViqvoaKtZmsP7L_Ha/Hyperion%20v5.1/Fresh%20Pots%20Hyperion%20v5.1%2011122015?dl=0

Throws up CoolEPG update message and saying tune failed on terrestrial channels

The wife is not going to accept this in place of Sky

Anyone got a link to a stable preconfigured image that should just work? With the Irish channels in the EPG?

Tuesday13 wrote: »
    Thanks deezell, don't have a meter but hopefully I'll be able to borrow one tonight. Assuming this is a tuner voltage issue, would this suggest a faulty tuner on the box? Or perhaps a setting that can be updated?

One further point I neglected to mention, for box/room 2 , there is a sat/UHF combiner in the attic as I only have one cable coming from the attic for that room, so the sat/terrestrial signals are being brought down via one cable(and then split again with another combiner before going into the AA2). Again though, as box 2 has the same issue in room 1( no combiners.......direct feeds only) I think this is not part of the problem.........thanks.

Sat combiner/splitter should filter out the 13.5 or 16.5 DC voltages (polarity switch) and the High band 22Hkz tone (High band switch).
    You should be able to measure the tone with the ac millivolt setting on a meter, about 350mV when tuning the high band. The DC for polarity switching is 13.5V for vertical and 16.5 volts for horizonatal, plus or minus 1 volt. There is a voltage boost setting in the tuner configuration. Most freeto air are in the low band and Sky in the high band, so if you are missing Sky then its the high band switching thats not happening, but my money would be on the voltage. You can check if all the channels tuned are vertical only to confirm.

Can anyone point in the direction of the latest/most stable oscam plugin for Enigma2 on AA2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Can anyone point in the direction of the latest/most stable oscam plugin for Enigma2 on AA2?

I'm using Oscam 9577 on mine with no probs, there is a solution to your epg update message posted here in the last few days by Gerry Wicklow I think it was

• Advertisement

how.gareth wrote: »
    I'm using Oscam 9577 on mine with no probs, there is a solution to your epg update message posted here in the last few days by Gerry Wicklow I think it was

And about your terrestrial issue, have you got all those channels working fine but just missing from the epg? EDIT I see your getting tune failed, the backup you used has terrestrial channels set up from the Dublin mountains I'm sure, if your in a different area you need to select your saorview area and retune them

I reimaged with the latest vix4e2 image.

Everything is spot on now. Plugin downloads are available. Installed oscams4h and worked instantly.

Saorview channels are fine and I've used the webif to create my own channel list. Something I've always wanted to do with sky.

All in all. I'm a happy chappy.

unit 1 wrote: »
    Just tried dreamdroid and webif and info is there, so the problem seems to be with kodi. Just now kodi is running and info bar is saying "importing guide from clients", but I'm still missing the programme description. Not a dealbreaker but frustrating none the less.
    If I could get it to work seamlessly it would be an alternative to buying tuner cards for a live tv/streaming htpc, kodi all in one setup, might even be possible with a pi 3.
    Anyway thanks for your help,
    Your comment re pi 3 prompted me to look back at experiences in this regard. I know some guys who have these devices and commercial variants as the centre of their media experience. Running Android and xbmc, now kodI, it's a fiddlers paradise, but in my experience you are forever tinkering and rebooting and watching a loading bar going nowhere. My media mini box with built in terrestrial tuner is long abandoned. It was barely functional as a tuner, ran dreamdroid when it felt like it and kodi spent most of its time as wallpaper. I'm sure the newer boxes are much faster, but for the crack I put kodi on a galaxy s7, fast as it gets, and replicated your info problem. It's a comprehensive interface., but way too layered if your primary objective is to watch live tv, quickly change channels, check times, info etc. There may be a solution to the info problem, but I'd just stream from dreamdroid or dream player apps for a hassle free and fast interface. Horses for courses as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Guys I am still having issues with BT Sport 2 and BT ESPN not showing a full EPG when downloaded through CrossEPG, has anyone got solution for it? It only shows Now and Next when selected.

Thanks.

Digidol wrote: »
    Guys I am still having issues with BT Sport 2 and BT ESPN not showing a full EPG when downloaded through CrossEPG, has anyone got solution for it? It only shows Now and Next when selected.

Thanks.
    It's annoying alright. It seems to caused by BT packaging BT sport 2 as part of it's red button or extra channels, Extra 1-6, which only have content occasionally, usually matches on Saturday. BT subscribers have to press red button to populate the 2 epg. Even though this is a permanent channell, it appears in the mosaic panel which is the broadcast of all extra channels in a grid, so you can see what's on. For non BT boxes, one suggested solution is to change epg provider to Ryetec in crossepg configuration. I haven't got around to that myself. The other solution is to use a different epg plugin. Epgimporter is reported as solving the problem, and is available for sh4 boxes. I'll look for a source, or it might be in the plugins list already. I might try it later myself, when home alone with the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

It's annoying alright. It seems to caused by BT packaging BT sport 2 as part of it's red button or extra channels, Extra 1-6, which only have content occasionally, usually matches on Saturday. BT subscribers have to press red button to populate the 2 epg. Even though this is a permanent channell, it appears in the mosaic panel which is the broadcast of all extra channels in a grid, so you can see what's on. For non BT boxes, one suggested solution is to change epg provider to Ryetec in crossepg configuration. I haven't got around to that myself. The other solution is to use a different epg plugin. Epgimporter is reported as solving the problem, and is available for sh4 boxes. I'll look for a source, or it might be in the plugins list already. I might try it later myself, when home alone with the box.

Try one of the other feeds - there are multiple ones. I just added all of them and then used the one that's working with the EPG.

Digidol wrote: »

Thanks.

Mine was giving trouble last week but working fine since, I didn't do anything to fix it btw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭championc

Changed my RPG feed to Rytec and I now have the listing for BT Sport's 2

championc wrote: »
    Changed my RPG feed to Rytec and I now have the listing for BT Sport's 2
    I'd no luck with that but I prefer to get epg from the satellite rather than downloading over d'internet , so I looked again at the service list. A fresh scan of 11344 H produces 4 entries for bt sport 2, but with different data in their ids. One of them now has full epg, same one that has a picon as it happens. Same goes for Espn. So just rescan 11344 H 27500, check which bt sport 2 has full epg and move from bouquet "Last scanned " to your own.

• Advertisement

Your comment re pi 3 prompted me to look back at experiences in this regard. I know some guys who have these devices and commercial variants as the centre of their media experience. Running Android and xbmc, now kodI, it's a fiddlers paradise, but in my experience you are forever tinkering and rebooting and watching a loading bar going nowhere. My media mini box with built in terrestrial tuner is long abandoned. It was barely functional as a tuner, ran dreamdroid when it felt like it and kodi spent most of its time as wallpaper. I'm sure the newer boxes are much faster, but for the crack I put kodi on a galaxy s7, fast as it gets, and replicated your info problem. It's a comprehensive interface., but way too layered if your primary objective is to watch live tv, quickly change channels, check times, info etc. There may be a solution to the info problem, but I'd just stream from dreamdroid or dream player apps for a hassle free and fast interface. Horses for courses as they say.

Dipped into kodi again last night and guess what, all the programme info was there, without me doing any changes. I have a sneaky suspicion it has to do with kodi not importing all the info if you select import 1 boquet only.
    By that I mean, pvr will only start up if you don't select import only 1 bouquet in the addon config. If you then select import 1 bouquet only, after its starts up it seems to miss out on the info.
    In any event thanks for your input.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement