Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

deezell wrote: »
    Sat combiner/splitter should filter out the 13.5 or 16.5 DC voltages (polarity switch) and the High band 22Hkz tone (High band switch).
    You should be able to measure the tone with the ac millivolt setting on a meter, about 350mV when tuning the high band. The DC for polarity switching is 13.5V for vertical and 16.5 volts for horizonatal, plus or minus 1 volt. There is a voltage boost setting in the tuner configuration. Most freeto air are in the low band and Sky in the high band, so if you are missing Sky then its the high band switching thats not happening, but my money would be on the voltage. You can check if all the channels tuned are vertical only to confirm.

Got my hands on a multimeter:

Problematic box = 0V output on Tuner 1
    Fully functional box = 14V output on Tuner 1

So I guess that confirms the issue is the tuner voltage output. So this means a tuner/hardware fault OR a setting on enigma2 right?

I'm thinking a hardware fault as I have exactly the same image on both........thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

I'd agree

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

lawred2 wrote: »
    I reimaged with the latest vix4e2 image.

Everything is spot on now. Plugin downloads are available. Installed oscams4h and worked instantly.

Saorview channels are fine and I've used the webif to create my own channel list. Something I've always wanted to do with sky.

All in all. I'm a happy chappy.
    Hi where did you get this image looking to update mine, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

chris1970 wrote: »
    Hi where did you get this image looking to update mine, cheers

http://www.vix4projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?445-ViX4PROJECTS-DOWNLOADS

Just register for an account and all images are under there.. Well organised site. Looks like there are images regularly published. I picked the very latest one for the Alien 2+... Stable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Updated to vix4E2 009 and now every station works apart from the HD versions of BBC one, two, channel 4 and UTV, they say tune failed? Have they moved frequency?

edit: rescanned my box and the satellite didn't pick them up at all, vanished!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

ShaneU wrote: »
    Updated to vix4E2 009 and now every station works apart from the HD versions of BBC one, two, channel 4 and UTV, they say tune failed? Have they moved frequency?

in the expert autobouqets maker settings select to show all not indexed channels and scan again and they will be there at the bottom

Nowso wrote: »
    in the expert autobouqets maker settings select to show all not indexed channels and scan again and they will be there at the bottom

Make sure to select sky UK as an open TV provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Autobouquets won't work for me at all. If I go into Sat finder, lots of transponders have no signal at all. Went to the transponder for BBC one HD and there's nothing there.

Autobouquets won't work for me at all. If I go into Sat finder, lots of transponders have no signal at all. Went to the transponder for BBC one HD and there's nothing there.

try to remove your sat connection from back of box, put it back to centre and tightened and put it in again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If you can borrow a known working box from a friend, it will confirm if it's a box issue or a problem with your LNB or wiring.

• Advertisement

Even the stations you had before rescan? Sounds like a tuner configuration setting. Check that sat tuner 1, sometime listed as "B" , (A is terrestrial ), is set to "Single" and that tuner 2 is set to "C = B". Only a tuner misconfig could wipe out working service settings after a rescan. Loose cables would cause different problems. Do you have a simple install? No dish switching or multiple LNBs.

Even the stations you had before rescan? Sounds like a tuner configuration setting. Check that sat tuner 1, sometime listed as "B" , (A is terrestrial ), is set to "Single" and that tuner 2 is set to "C = B". Only a tuner misconfig could wipe out working service settings after a rescan. Loose cables would cause different problems. Do you have a simple install? No dish switching or multiple LNBs.

Actually when I reimaged I did have similar issues

Before imaging the two Sat tuners were tuners b and c while the Terrestrial/Cable tuner was a

After imaging - a and b were configured as the sat tuners and c was the Terrestrial/Cable tuner. I had to change the union config tuner type to be Terrestrial as it had been defaulted in the image to Cable.

So once C was set to terrestrial type, A set to single and B = A - all was good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks, any anyone any experience of Wetek Play 2

I have an existing Android TV Box (Minix) , which I need to repalce

For My Saorview Viewing I have Amiko Alien 2

(for SV physically I have a disk and an Antenna)

Wetek Play 2 is a combined Android Box and I think can also be used to replace the  Amiko Alien 2 .  I would like one box not two

I am familar with Android boxes , but when it comes to my Amiko Alien 2, I am not very conversant.  I think I am running Enigima on it,

From an Android POV, I will be using the box for Kodi, Youtube, Browsing etc

What is involved in getting SV TV to run on the Wetek (Main Ir and UK channels) in familiar lists/ groups similar to what i see in Enigma

There are three types, which one is suitable for Irish UK Saorview and Uk Sat stations
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Single DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2 and ATSC[/font]

One final question, are there other Android / Saorview Tuners , I could check out

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

The new alien2 from freetv comes with internal hard drive. It's not recognised in enigma or spark. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

aireng wrote: »
    The new alien2 from freetv comes with internal hard drive. It's not recognised in enigma or spark. Any ideas?

I'd contact freetv. Might not be anything wrong with it but if you open the box the warranty is void.

The alien2 doesn't have an internal hard drive facility. External by usb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

The alien2 doesn't have an internal hard drive facility. External by usb.

Freetv.ie says that it does now so either this is a slightly upgraded version or the site is wrong.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Freetv.ie says that it does now so either this is a slightly upgraded version or the site is wrong.

It is possible to squeeze a drive inside by taking out the card slot I think and connecting to the front usb internal connection, not worth the messing, but I see they do offer an internal drive on both the alien and the sab triple. Perhaps it's there but not mounted or formatted.

Why is internal flash not advisable for crossepg?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Why is internal flash not advisable for crossepg?

There is limited internal flash space ,128MB ,around half of which is taken up by the basic image.
    That only leaves around 60MB for skins,plugins,picons etc so its not advisable devoting some of this internal flash space to cross epg .

The main weakness of the receiver is the small flash memory ,if it had twice the memory, it wouldnt need to use a swap file and thus improve performance on demanding tasks.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    There is limited internal flash space ,128MB ,around half of which is taken up by the basic image.
    That only leaves around 60MB for skins,plugins,picons etc so its not advisable devoting some of this internal flash space to cross epg .

The main weakness of the receiver is the small flash memory ,if it had twice the memory, it wouldnt need to use a swap file and thus improve performance on demanding tasks.

Fair enough..

Can I use the same USB HDD for cross EPG and recording/time shift?

Fair enough..

Can I use the same USB HDD for cross EPG and recording/time shift?

yes thats fine . some do use internal but usb way better

The internal hard drive had a loose connection. Once i sorted that the box is reading it fine. I've attached a picture of how free tv installed an internal hard drive on the alien 2

The internal hard drive had a loose connection. Once i sorted that the box is reading it fine. I've attached a picture of how free tv installed an internal hard drive on the alien 2

Is that a cable tie strapping it to the front? My usb powered 1 TByte hdd looks like it would fit in that space. Still, it's handy to unplug it occasionally and hook to the pc for speedy transfer of stuff. Think I'll level it alone, though it's hard to control the urge.. to....dismantle.....

Is that a cable tie strapping it to the front? My usb powered 1 TByte hdd looks like it would fit in that space. Still, it's handy to unplug it occasionally and hook to the pc for speedy transfer of stuff. Think I'll level it alone, though it's hard to control the urge.. to....dismantle.....

it works better detachable as i transfer recordings to laptop to edit and upload with Ext2Fsd installed to read the ext drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭imnorobot

Does the front usb port still work
    or have they just disconnected the cable and soldered it onto the cable for the 320gb drive ?
    Cheers

imnorobot wrote: »
    or have they just disconnected the cable and soldered it onto the cable for the 320gb drive ?
    Cheers

Front port gone and card reader also goes in this mod. Yes it goes to the disk.

imnorobot wrote: »
    Cheers
    They've got a sata hdd adapter plugged into the hard drive, a micro usb plugged into that, then the other end of the usb cable is joined to the leads coming from the mother board, thats where the problem was. Don't know if it's worth it, I like being able to disconnect the hard drive if i need to and the hard drive they put in isn't locked in 100% secure.

• Advertisement

They've got a sata hdd adapter plugged into the hard drive, a micro usb plugged into that, then the other end of the usb cable is joined to the leads coming from the mother board, thats where the problem was. Don't know if it's worth it, I like being able to disconnect the hard drive if i need to and the hard drive they put in isn't locked in 100% secure.

A tiny USB powered 1TB disk like this is available from amazon prime for £50, 11.4 x 7.6 x 1.2 cm, less than half an inch thick. You could pop this inside the box and just loop the usb cable out through a little nick in the case, but its so small there's no incentive to do this, just sit it on top, velcro stickers if you wish.

Seagate SL1500_.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement