Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Hey there, I'm just wondering could anyone fill me in on what exactly I need to do to stream tv from my AA2 to a kodi box in the kitchen?

I haven't got time to read through the thread right now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭championc

Just install the Enigma2 Add-on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

championc wrote: »
    Just install the Enigma2 Add-on
    What Add-on is this ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

massy086 wrote: »
    What Add-on is this ???

In the kodi add ons/pvr clients/Vu+ Enigma2 clients. Configure using box ip, port 80 and 8001 for the stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

deezell wrote: »
    In the kodi add ons/pvr clients/Vu+ Enigma2 clients. Configure using box ip, port 80 and 8001 for the stream.
    ah ye i run vu+on my chromebox but it connects drags in the bouquet+epg but when i go to watch something it wont play.i was hoping there was another kodi addon i could try cheers for the answer anyway

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »
    ah ye i run vu+on my chromebox but it connects drags in the bouquet+epg but when i go to watch something it wont play.i was hoping there was another kodi addon i could try cheers for the answer anyway

That's either because the default player can't handle .m3u files or because you haven't configured streaming to port 8001. This is normally set by default in kodi, so Id say it's the player. Is kodi running on the chrome Os or are you booting to another system, I didn't think kodi could run on native chrome os. If it does, you can now get vlc player for chrome os, this will play streams from the box and you can open channels using openwebif. I must try it on my chromebook. it's been a while since I used it, it couldnt play box streams on its own media player, and vlc for chrome wasn't around at the time. EDIT. KODI on a chromebox requires it's own os, openelec. You might need to try other media players on this. VLC can be compiled for it but that's another days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I had been doing things arse ways yesterday.

Set up a new bouquet called Kodi ( just to make it easy) and filled it with SD channels using Webif.

Worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fireball14013

Hi guys, is there any thoughts or advice regarding getting a Gigablue HD Quad+ versus a Vu+ Duo2 box? Looking for something decent with a good processor for fast channel switching for Satellite and Terrestrial and runs Enigma with 7 day EPG etc. Also will be making use of the transcoding-on-the-fly availability for streaming to other devices around the house.
    If anyone has experience of one versus the other I'd appreciate it. Also, what version of Enigma should I get it with? Vix, PLI, XTA, etc?? I've no idea what the differences are!
    Thanks!

Hi guys, is there any thoughts or advice regarding getting a Gigablue HD Quad+ versus a Vu+ Duo2 box? Looking for something decent with a good processor for fast channel switching for Satellite and Terrestrial and runs Enigma with 7 day EPG etc. Also will be making use of the transcoding-on-the-fly availability for streaming to other devices around the house.
    If anyone has experience of one versus the other I'd appreciate it. Also, what version of Enigma should I get it with? Vix, PLI, XTA, etc?? I've no idea what the differences are!
    Thanks!

Duo has twice the memory but the gigablue has more than enough for a 100€ less. You won't need transcoding if your'e only streaming on your local network, unless you stream multiple hd over a crap wifi router. Transcode needed for streams outside the lan when your upload speed is low, say only 4 Mbs. VIX getting thumbs up recently here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fireball14013

Duo has twice the memory but the gigablue has more than enough for a 100€ less. You won't need transcoding if your'e only streaming on your local network, unless you stream multiple hd over a crap wifi router. Transcode needed for streams outside the lan when your upload speed is low, say only 4 Mbs. VIX getting thumbs up recently here.
    Cool, thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards the Gigablue alright for the €100 saved.
    My upload is less than 5mbs... how does the transcoding work on each? Is it hardware or software?

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards the Gigablue alright for the €100 saved.
    My upload is less than 5mbs... how does the transcoding work on each? Is it hardware or software?

I'm guessing hardware in the video chip. Even though these are higher than amiko spec boxes I doubt if the processors have the muscle to transcode an HD stream. EnigmaTV is a soft transcoder app for Windows which I tried, and it really labours a decent PC. The box processor is there to create a fast interface.

Not harm revisiting this topic. Here's a good link re vu transcode;
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31499-Transcoding-Vu-Solo2-vs-Duo2
    Vu+ duo is hardware transcode, but all would use hardware to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

When in time shift is it possible to fast forward / rewind?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lawred2 wrote: »
    When in time shift is it possible to fast forward / rewind?

Yes of course

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes of course

Well what the f##k am I doing wrong then!? Pause and play works flawlessly but nothing whatsoever happens when pressing forward and backwards..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

lawred2 wrote: »
    Well what the f##k am I doing wrong then!? Pause and play works flawlessly but nothing whatsoever happens when pressing forward and backwards..

Try the 1,4,7 for back and 3,6,9 for forward

jayo26 wrote: »
    Try the 1,4,7 for back and 3,6,9 for forward

Will try that. Tx.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wellboss

Hello,

I am looking for some help with my PKteam enigma 2 image, think I downloaded the 4.5 version from the other thread. Not sure if the version matters . My problem is that I have to use a wifi dongle and had it working fine on my own network. I was showing the box to a friend and was trying to connect to his wifi network but when it comes to entering the password I cannot delete the old one. Has anybody else had this issue? How do you delete characters on the PKTeam images with the Amiko Alien 2 remote, its really bugging me, i checked through all the buttons on the remote and cant seem to find a delete button.

Now I cannot connect to my own network as I had entered extra characters trying to connect elsewhere

Also would not having the usb drive in Ext 3 format affect recordings of HD quality? It's been jumpy when watching recorded programs.

Thanks in advance for your help

wellboss wrote: »
    Hello,

I am looking for some help with my PKteam enigma 2 image, think I downloaded the 4.5 version from the other thread. Not sure if the version matters . My problem is that I have to use a wifi dongle and had it working fine on my own network. I was showing the box to a friend and was trying to connect to his wifi network but when it comes to entering the password I cannot delete the old one. Has anybody else had this issue? How do you delete characters on the PKTeam images with the Amiko Alien 2 remote, its really bugging me, i checked through all the buttons on the remote and cant seem to find a delete button.

Now I cannot connect to my own network as I had entered extra characters trying to connect elsewhere

Also would not having the usb drive in Ext 3 format affect recordings of HD quality? It's been jumpy when watching recorded programs.

Thanks in advance for your help

Use the central cursor left/right arrows to position the cursor in the text. Use the Double left facing arrows under the pause button to delete the character to the left of the cursor. I've just tested this remotely using WebIf and the screen capture and virtual full remote, so should work with the real remote. I remember having this headache before.
    Nothing to lose by formatting in EXT3, but save any recordings you want to keep. My disk in NTFS worked fine but recently is jumpy, initially started on HD recordings and now on SD, so I'll have to do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wellboss

Thanks Deezell, that worked perfect. I guess i wasnt stepping through each button systematically, probably getting frustrated and mashing keys instead,

Thanks Again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Is anyone having trouble getting an epg with crossepg?

I've only noticed it yesterday and today. I have an epg for the freeview channels but not for the rest.

I deleted the crossepg folder on the hdd, and ran the plugin again. The crossepg folder is created and populated, but i'm not seeing the epg when browsing channels.

I'm running one of the popular Hyperion backups from boards.

Is anyone having trouble getting an epg with crossepg?

I've only noticed it yesterday and today. I have an epg for the freeview channels but not for the rest.

I deleted the crossepg folder on the hdd, and ran the plugin again. The crossepg folder is created and populated, but i'm not seeing the epg when browsing channels.

I'm running one of the popular Hyperion backups from boards.

One of your sat cables might be loose.

One of your sat cables might be loose.

Tried that but same thing.

If i select a channel, the epg will load the current program and the next program but it doesn't save if i change channel again.

The fact that i can still see and play recordings from the same HDD the epg is saved to makes we think its something with the download, but the download definitely d/loads something and saves to hdd.

Tried that but same thing.

If i select a channel, the epg will load the current program and the next program but it doesn't save if i change channel again.

The fact that i can still see and play recordings from the same HDD the epg is saved to makes we think its something with the download, but the download definitely d/loads something and saves to hdd.

1. Have you checked which epg provider you are using in cross configuration. Should be the Open astra 28.2. After the download you should get a series of parsing and populating database processes which take a bit of time. If these are not happening then something is amiss with the data downloaded.
    2. Have you a USB stick plugged up front? I've seen a box get confused epg wise until stick was unplugged and box rebooted (automount on in BluePanel/disk).
    3. Remove the hdd and try with a USB stick instead. Mount or reboot to automount, then point cross to the stick and download to see what happens. Hdd might have bad sectors but might still record. My disc once stopped writing though I could still watch recordings, had to reformat to fix.
    4. Reverse your cables in case the signal or the lnb port is dodgy on tuner2 feed, and is not correctly tuning the epg channel. Normal viewing is via tuner 1, so tuner 2 problems only show up when recording or streaming while watching another sat channel, and even then band or polarity switching issues may not be obvious depending on the channels watched/ recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I recently had an issue with crossEPG not downloading on Hyperion 5.1 Everything was configured correctly but even when you ran a manual download it finished almost immediately so it was obvious it was not getting any data. I got the same thing if I tried to use web based XML downloads too.
    In the end the only cure was to uninstall/reinstall crossEPG which then worked perfectly again.

I recently had an issue with crossEPG not downloading on Hyperion 5.1 Everything was configured correctly but even when you ran a manual download it finished almost immediately so it was obvious it was not getting any data. I got the same thing if I tried to use web based XML downloads too.
    In the end the only cure was to uninstall/reinstall crossEPG which then worked perfectly again.

Did you have to download crossepg again or just use the plugins menu?

If you had to d/load, where did you get the plugin from?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Just used the plugin menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

What's the best image for this box nowadays. My box has not been updated since last year and could do with a refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What's the best image for this box nowadays. My box has not been updated since last year and could do with a refresh.

Hyperion v5.4. Not much difference between all the versions of Hyperion though to be honest so if yout current one is working I'd leave it as is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Hyperion v5.4. Not much difference between all the versions of Hyperion though to be honest so if yout current one is working I'd leave it as is.

Do you have a link?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement